• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other RPN antivirus warning

Gotta be avast.  I wasn't getting notifications until just a few minutes ago.  If my Sophos computer hadn't fried I wouldn't have to use Avast.  >_<

Untitled-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did poke IPS, they basically washed their hands of the issue and directed me to Avast.

I already submitted the report to them, hopefully they don't take too long. Its just a waiting game. Please rest assured that there are no viruses on RpNation.

I used to have Avast and it would block threats from websites I KNEW were clean from years of personal use. Avast is hella overzealous and its damn near impossible to undownload which kinda makes t a virus itself. I'd get AVG free. It actually WORKS

AVG free, Malwarebytes Free, or Microsoft Security Essentials Free are efficient and work well even when you're infected (I have 2 out of the 3 for precaution and I've killed many a pesky virus thanks to them). Avast sounds like Norton and McAffee to me. I would say to try the scan, but considering there's no ads on this site (like on deviantArt where every ad has some type of virus on it these days (or at least they did in the past)) and so far I haven't seen signs of injection in code and haven't seen the secure protocol change mysteriously or any other oddities... sounds like Avast. I've never heard of this antivirus, in all honesty. 

I got the same thing using PM / viewing my seeking thread. I've never had this happen before. I used to use AVG Free (but it caused a LOT of issues with my programs) so I switched to avast. 
EDIT: Okay, it's going off every time I get a PM....check a PM...non stop.

Yep. Did a bunch of scans myself. Even right after you do one scan, and immediately do another it'll detect a bunch more.

(Also, I'm not a man.) 

Here's hoping we'll leave it behind when we leave IPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back