• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RpN 2.0 -Teaser-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

Announcements have been slow since April/May not counting Newsletters because I’ve been hard at work over the past few months working on a complete rework to the site. This is the biggest undertaking I’ve taken since creating the site, completely dwarfing every other update we’ve had till now and we’ve had some excellent ones.

This won't be an announcement it self since its just a teaser but here are some of the things that are being worked on apart from hundreds of fixes and tons of new features.

• Increased Site Stability (Alerts, replying, much more)
  • More Profile Customization
  • PM enhancements
  • Better RP search, much more powerful activity system that can be tailored to your exact needs.
  • So....much more.

Apart from the above things I've revealed and somethings I'm still keeping a secret from the community at large, here are two things I wanted to touch upon:

The Nyte Life: Visual Update:

This update has been bundled into the new RpN rework and is more then just a dark mode, it also finally includes for the ability to change colors on the site once again. Enjoy!

The Editor:

This is one I've been screaming about for years now and something I'm particularly excited about, the editor is going to get completely replaced and no longer will we have a "BBCode" or "Rich Text" mode and the confusion of which one to use. Its just one easy to use competent editor. This also means that the bbcode parser (what lets you use the bbcode language in your posts) like so.

Code:
[accordion]
{slide=Testing 1}Info{/slide}
{slide=Testing 2}Testing{/slide}
{slide=Testing 3}Stuff{/slide}
[/accordion]

So on the new update, typing out code, won't actually do anything. Instead ALL current bbcodes and future codes are fully intergrated into the editor and work as such.

2016-07-10_13-36-05.gif

This is just a rough example of the accordion code, you just click on the respective button on the editor and you can summon effects instead of having to struggle them or have someone teach you an ancient bbcode language. Essentially the Editor will become a Whitelisted HTML Interface allowing you to use any code we create and making it easier to make more in the future to add to our ever amazing library.

The editor is getting a ton of other writing enhancements, but I wanted to leave you with just that.

Mobile App:

This is done, I'm in the process of trying to save for a new macbook so I can finally submit them to the app store.

This new version of the site is slated to be released sometime before 2017.

If you have any questions, feedback, concerns please feel free to post below :) !

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,
Announcements have been slow since April/May not counting Newsletters because I’ve been hard at work over the past few months working on a complete rework to the site. This is the biggest undertaking I’ve taken since creating the site, completely dwarfing every other update we’ve had till now and we’ve had some excellent ones.

This won't be an announcement it self since its just a teaser but here are some of the things that are being worked on apart from hundreds of fixes and tons of new features.

• Increased Site Stability (Alerts, replying, much more)
  • More Profile Customization
  • PM enhancements
  • Better RP search, much more powerful activity system that can be tailored to your exact needs.
  • So....much more.

Apart from the above things I've revealed and somethings I'm still keeping a secret from the community at large, here are two things I wanted to touch upon:

The Nyte Life: Visual Update:

This update has been bundled into the new RpN rework and is more then just a dark mode, it also finally includes for the ability to change colors on the site once again. Enjoy!

The Editor:

This is one I've been screaming about for years now and something I'm particularly excited about, the editor is going to get completely replaced and no longer will we have a "BBCode" or "Rich Text" mode and the confusion of which one to use. Its just one easy to use competent editor. This also means that the bbcode parser (what lets you use the bbcode language in your posts) like so.

Code:
[accordion]
{slide=Testing 1}Info{/slide}
{slide=Testing 2}Testing{/slide}
{slide=Testing 3}Stuff{/slide}
[/accordion]

So on the new update, typing out code, won't actually do anything. Instead ALL current bbcodes and future codes are fully intergrated into the editor and work as such.

2016-07-10_13-36-05.gif

This is just a rough example of the accordion code, you just click on the respective button on the editor and you can summon effects instead of having to struggle them or have someone teach you an ancient bbcode language. Essentially the Editor will become a Whitelisted HTML Interface allowing you to use any code we create and making it easier to make more in the future to add to our ever amazing library.

The editor is getting a ton of other writing enhancements, but I wanted to leave you with just that.

Mobile App:

This is done, I'm in the process of trying to save for a new macbook so I can finally submit them to the app store.

If you have any questions, feedback, concerns please feel free to post below :) !

[/QUOTE]
CANT WAIT....plz i really cant -This message will explode in ---- seconds-

Sounds cool! Just wondering though, since you said that typing out the code won't do anything, will there be an option to turn it back on again? It's nothing against the improvements you're trying to make, but sometimes I just like text instead, you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I feel very apprehensive about the new way we're going to type out code. I sort of like the rich text editor/bbcode editor the way it is now. No judgment until it actually comes out but I feel very nervous.

Sheeeeeeeeeeet. I just started liking BBcode, to. fml.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]
Mobile App:

[/QUOTE]
ONLY THING I READ HERE

YOU ARE AN TRUE HERO OF HUMAN BEENS

I LOVE YOU

I like that we get to customize the colors once again and surprisingly im no complaining too much about the new stuff.

The only thing im worried about is the bbcode and stuff in our type boxes. I dont understand what your gif is really trying to show and it worries me ;-;

simj22 said:
ONLY THING I READ HERE
YOU ARE AN TRUE HERO OF HUMAN BEENS

I LOVE YOU
Not even the editor :o ?

I personally thought that was the most exciting part of my teaser lol.

WOW.

I can stop writing BBCode myself, and the site will do the work! You, sir, are wonderful! *Bows*

Oh! It's going to be nice when it rolls out. I cant wait!

Wow. I'm really excited for the extra profile editing. I know I am a huge nerd :P

[QUOTE="Britt-21]The only thing im worried about is the bbcode and stuff in our type boxes. I dont understand what your gif is really trying to show and it worries me ;-;

[/QUOTE]
Instead of manually typing out a code.......you know like [blah]content[/blah] for an effect. You click on a button in the editor and it does the coding in the background, you just have to feed it in the content.

Aragon said:
So this is becoming an app?
No.

It just means the site will finally have an app so that users who don't like to use their mobile browsers can have an app an instead. This would come with things like Push Notifications.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]So on the new update, typing out code, won't actually do anything.

[/QUOTE]
So we'll have to go through what's in the gif every time or will be able to actually write out code if we wanted to? o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back