• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

Ooh, I like... xD

That sounds very practical, especially considering what we're setting up. I'll be waiting in feverish anticipation... ^u^

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Destructus Kloud]Ooh, I like... xD
That sounds very practical, especially considering what we're setting up. I'll be waiting in feverish anticipation... ^u^

[/QUOTE]
yes, but I tell you that I wont post it right after the update, but will set up some random RP's, so I can test the new features.

@The Dark Wizard[/URL], how do we delete these boards? Do we delete every thread in it? Or just delete the board? I would like to test this out as well but I do want it to stay. Maybe you can have an option to make boards in your Private Workshop? Not only would this be useful, but you could organize your Private Workshop.

nerdyfangirl said:
@Riuma what do you mean whole boards? for 1x1 and quests?
Yes, @nerdyfangirl. Or at least an option to have them for 1x1s and quests.

Riuma said:
Say, @The Dark Wizard, how do we delete these boards? Do we delete every thread in it? Or just delete the board? I would like to test this out as well but I do want it to stay. Maybe you can have an option to make boards in your Private Workshop? Not only would this be useful, but you could organize your Private Workshop.
Yes, @nerdyfangirl. Or at least an option to have them for 1x1s and quests.
lol you missunderstood I meant what do you mean by a whole board? What is that exactly?

btw great question with the deletion. i hadn't thought of that. i just planned on making my practice roleplay where i stored old characters but it would probably be simpler if i just deleted it when I figured out what all the buttons and new add ons do.

nerdyfangirl said:
lol you missunderstood I meant what do you mean by a whole board? What is that exactly?
btw great question with the deletion. i hadn't thought of that. i just planned on making my practice roleplay where i stored old characters but it would probably be simpler if i just deleted it when I figured out what all the buttons and new add ons do.
General Discussion is a whole board.

Also, thank you.

Riuma said:
General Discussion is a whole board.
Also, thank you.
So to be sure I understand you are wanting instead of there being just a 1x1 board you want each specific 1x1 to have it's own seperate board?

Like instead of Fantasy , Modern, 1x1, Quests, Dice, etc. You want

Fantasy , Modern , Dice, and then each 1x1 to have it's own seperate thing?

Because I don't think they would do that.

Plus I don't think it should be necessary. As I understand it the way that the roleplay system will function you'll be able to add in up to five threads to your roleplay board anyway. And if you need more you can request them from the Mods.

So if you need like ten threads you can have them - you'd just need to ask the Mods to give you five of those threads.

And unlike now each thread is entirely customizable. You don't have to have just - Main IC, Notes, Lore, etc. You can name your threads whatever you want.

At least that was my understanding. You might want to ask the Mods about that last bit specifically.

nerdyfangirl said:
So to be sure I understand you are wanting instead of there being just a 1x1 board you want each specific 1x1 to have it's own seperate board?
Like instead of Fantasy , Modern, 1x1, Quests, Dice, etc. You want

Fantasy , Modern , Dice, and then each 1x1 to have it's own seperate thing?

Because I don't think they would do that.

Plus I don't think it should be necessary. As I understand it the way that the roleplay system will function you'll be able to add in up to five threads to your roleplay board anyway. And if you need more you can request them from the Mods.

So if you need like ten threads you can have them - you'd just need to ask the Mods to give you five of those threads.

And unlike now each thread is entirely customizable. You don't have to have just - Main IC, Notes, Lore, etc. You can name your threads whatever you want.

At least that was my understanding. You might want to ask the Mods about that last bit specifically.
You're misunderstanding. I will explain when I get on a computer.

1x1s being included would be kind of a waste. Rarely do 1x1s need more than one or two threads.

And I don't imagine deletion would be any different than it is currently?

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]1x1s being included would be kind of a waste. Rarely do 1x1s need more than one or two threads.
And I don't imagine deletion would be any different than it is currently?

[/QUOTE]
Well right now you have to go through and delete all the threads. But since all the threads are gonna be on their own board thing-y I'm not sure how that would work. If we just delete the board and that takes care of everything within it. Or if we got to do it 1 by 1 like now.

nerdyfangirl said:
Well right now you have to go through and delete all the threads. But since all the threads are gonna be on their own board thing-y I'm not sure how that would work. If we just delete the board and that takes care of everything within it. Or if we got to do it 1 by 1 like now.
From what I understand/remember, no site member (beyond staff) can -actually- delete anything. They can -soft- delete, which means the thread goes invisible, but staff can still see it. I would assume with the board it'll be the same. As for deleting the whole thing, essentially you can do that now - you just have to delete the first post in the thread and it will delete the whole thread (but again, the staff (from what I've read) prefer not to have things deleted without good reason, they'd rather folks just let things roll off into obscurity)

@Riuma[/URL] had / and that I agreed with was simple. In the new system how does the deletion of posts work?

Do you have to go to each of the threads in your roleplay and delete the first post so that you can remove that thread? Or can you can delete the entire roleplay in one fell swoop by clicking some other kind of button.

Both ways would be useful of course but @Riuma was specifically talking of a case where he was going to create a roleplay specifically to see how all the functions worked and he wanted to be know how he would go about deleting that roleplay when he was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back