RP area

Aranor stood on the man's throat holding the lengthened scythe to his mid section in which it was dug in several inches to his side. The man squirmed and groaned as blood from his side spilled across the stone pathway. "What you seek is at the church please stop!" Aranor shook his head and sighed mumbling under his breath inaudibly. The same answer in a three hour span all pointing at the church, he looked through the gate scouting out several giants who have no doubt piled bodies in that area. He folded up his scythe and listened to the sound of approaching townspeople; When they got to where he had been all that was left was a body and a small blood pool.

4 hours previous to that event

Aranor sat in the carriage remembering Yharnam and he shook his head "Just like it was left; Beast ridden and cold." He wore a button up shirt concealed by a leather vest with numerous pockets and an overcoat for the weather as Yharnam was quite chilly; He wore light clothes as every hunter should; Armor makes easy prey because it slows even the best hunters down. The carriage came to a sudden halt and he lurched forward; He stepped out of the carriage and unsheathed the sword he brought with him when he saw his driver sprawled on the pathway being clawed at by a most horrid beast; The stench of the beast smelled like rotten flesh and it's fur dripped with the blood of his now deceased driver. Aranor shook his head running in with the sword he had and hit the beast with the blade. The screams of the beast were not from pain but from anger that his meal was disturbed and lashed out. His claws struck the blade until Aranor heard a crack and he back stepped, throwing the now broken sword. The beast ran at him but before he could move he felt small hands begin pulling him into a portal in the ground. He struggled to move and watched the beast stand on two legs ready to unleash a viscera of attacks to his face as that was the only part now consumed by the portal "Hurry up!" His voice was loud and that was the only words he could say before being wrapped in a warmth as if he had a candle or a lantern near him.

He woke with a start and looked around quickly at the new setting he was now in; The air had a euphoric peace feeling surrounding it and he breathed deeply. "It's nice isn't it it's called the hunters dream." Aranor jumped up and turned around to the old man in a wheelchair; He relaxed when he noticed his lack of movement in his legs and looked around.

"Where am I?" Aranor asked with sudden urgency trying to make sure he hadn't died. His words were steadfast but had a shaky tone to them.

"I am Gehrman and this is a reality separate of Yharnam, you are safe here but like all hunters you must get back out there and end this terrible night." The man coughed and looked back up at him confidently.

Aranor scoffed and looked at the man "I came here to find something not fix your issue for you." He shook his head and Gehrman looked sad for a moment.

"Well I'm afraid you dont have much of a choice; Once you enter Yharnam on this night there really is no leaving until the hunt is done." He stared inquisitively at the empty sheath Aranor carried "I see you learned that traditional weapons don't really hurt these beasts the hard way." He clapped and Aranor noticed the little monster things that grabbed him had weapons. None of which fit to his liking, he turned to Gehrman and shook his head.

"All those weapons are quite unfavorable; Do you by any chance possess anything with a curved blade I was taught to use weapons such as that not giant barbaric tools with razor sharp teeth." Gehrman went pale for a moment as if weighing a choice and wheeled his way into the workshop with Aranor walking beside him. 

"You must be careful with this weapon I have seen many fall due to their lack of skill with the burial blade." Aranor took the small blade in his hand as well as the folded handle and looked at him curiously. When he clicked the handle and the blade together it formed a scythe bigger than him and he smiled swinging it with a little uneasiness.

Emilia made her way through the quiet streets of Yharnam, surprised at her good fortune, she had actually made it in! All she had to do was crawl through a broken area of fence and there she was.  Taking a deep breath, it was time to get serious, she had heard word that her eldest brother Idris was spotted in the city, and she knew she had to find him, to learn the fate of their family.  It had been a hard trek, but now that Emilia was here she knew she would find him soon.  Her boots echoed through the hollow city streets, seemingly barren of life until she reached a long stretch of buildings.  Figuring it a good idea to scavenge the fallen city for supplies, she tried the first door she came across, happy to find it was unlocked!  With great caution she pushed the old wooden door open, it's hinges creeeaked open rather loudly causing the girl to curse under her breath.  The inside of the building was pitch black, it was almost impossible to see anything in the dark interior until her vision adjusted and even then it wasn't the best.  Feeling her way around for a while, she found almost nothing of use, just a few bookshelves, some furniture, it seemed like it would have been a nice house before the incident.  Suddenly, she heard something from the darkness ahead of her, it sounded like... sobbing?  Fearing someone may be in trouble, she clumsily felt her way towards the noise, whispering out "Are you here? I can help".  

It took a while for Emilia to find the person, a woman dressed in rather fancy attire, it looked as if she was ready for a night on the town, not the endless night of Yharnam.  Reaching out, she took the arm of the elderly looking woman "Are you okay? Let me help you.. It may not be safe here" she said, carefully helping the woman to her feet.  The elderly lady flashed a smile "oh, why thank you..." she said in a hushed tone.  It was too late when Emilia noticed the flash of silver, she felt a white hot pain in her chest causing her to cry out, or try to, but the woman brought a hand to her mouth to stop her, all the while bearing a  twisted grin.  "Welcome to Yharnam" she said, letting Emilia fall back, unable to keep her footing as she fell to her side, a small pool of blood beginning to form, Emilia closed her eyes, breathing quickly, she tried to get to her feet again but she was already too weak. Hardly past the gate and she was already as good as dead Emilia shuddered and breathed deeply, trying to do something, anything to force herself to get up again.  But she just couldn't, and as she lay there awaiting certain death, her final thoughts were of her brother. 

And then, she was somewhere else entirely, opening her eyes, she could see she was no longer in the musty building, but out in the open air.  Feeling to her chest, not only was the blade gone from her chest, but the would had closed as well.  Emilia just laid there for a moment in disbelief, was this the afterlife? No, it couldn't be, then what was it? These were the questions that crossed her mind before she decided it was time to keep moving.  Rolling to the side, she felt something poke at her, looking down she realized it was the same blade she had been stabbed with, clean of blood, just laying there.  She sat up and took the thing in her hands, it was much heavier than your average rapiar, but finely balanced, as she stood and composed herself she attached the weapons sheath to her belt, after all, in a place like Yharnam, she would apparently need the protection.  Looking around now, she began to walk up towards the only thing she could see of any relevance, a rather large building. "hello? Is anyone here?" she called out curiously.  

"In this place? You certain?"

Sunnifa frowned at the man whose back hunched over. His two hands were holding together, his grinn greasy like that of a merchant. The dark hair maiden looked at the man, her blues eyes filled only with doubt, but she only sighed and walked towards the shut doors anyways. She didn't have much choice beside following any lead she could find. She must find what she was searching for no matter the means.

What is the old one? Where are they?

She was going to dodge when she heard the sound of weapon cutting through the wind, but she jumped too late. The man's sword pierced through her hunter's coat, into her back, and penetrated through her chest. Sunnifa coughed as air escaped her lungs, and fell face-down into the ground. Blood was streaming out her chest and her throat, flowing onto the cold stone pavement. The man's despicable laugh rang beside her, as he crouched to take a better look at her face.

"Sorry heh heh, someone elses paid better than your petty blood vials so base-level hunters like you won't know their precious secrets. You don't have the password through the doorman anyways." He reached for her gem necklace, "Pity, ha ha ha ha"

He didn't noticed Sunnifa's hand grabbed his ankle, and she pulled it hard causing him to slipped and fell under her. Her other hand held her saw cleaver, and pressed the sharpened blade to his neck. Her necklace's pendant dangled above his neck, made a clang sound against the cool metal of the cleaver. The smiling expression of the man turn into utter fear.

"Password?" She asked coldly. Her face only an inch away from him.

"I..I don't know! I'm just a paid normal peasant! I can't reviv...." She pressed the blade down and did a clean swipe, toring his head away from his body.

She kicked away the head so it fell on the platform below. It rolled into a beast like creature and it gave up gnawing at the wall, chasing the bloody thing rolling past it. With a sigh she held a corner of her coat, attempted to swing it clean, and she slided her feet slowly towards the way she came, blood drenching her shirt and trousers. This sight of bloody hunter wasn't too rare at this time. Rarely anyone have not touched blood, and if anyone on the street was sane enough they must shed enough blood to achieve survival. Sunnifa helped herself down the stairs, kicking away the corpses of beast she killed before. She passed the well, the door, the thousands urns of incense. A man in the corner in his hideous form lifted his head and gasped.

"Hunter! You are wounded badly."

"I know, I know." Sunnifa coughed again, and kneeled with one leg at the lantern beside the beggar. It glowed, and several tiny white figures stretched their hands towards her. She looked to the worried beggar yet again. "I'll visit again someday. Stay safe."

The face of the beggar faded, and the sight of hunter's dream replaced the tall church chapel. Sunnifa stood as she breath easily, her wounds all healed. However, she was alerted that she was not the only one in the dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbnVlaY.jpg

Quinn Latefay found herself somewhere on the streets of Yharnam. She had been out here for hours, cutting through countless tormented individuals, her trusted slender sword from a eastern country, that she was not entirely privy to, was in her hands, dripping red liquid. The trick weapon was made for those with agility, focused on the deftness of its wielder. It took quite a bit of dexterity to swing swiftly, and fatally. Any person who relied on brute strength would find the weapon tricky to use, and its effectiveness would diminish greatly. For its power was not in raw power, but in deadly fast slashes, followed through in an elegant dance of death.

The 5 foot 7 woman, who was 22 years old, stood in those dark, dank, foggy streets. She wore a particularly striking variant of hunter garb. Slender, sophisticated, and lithe. It allowed for quick strikes, but also was made out of strong material. It was light, flashy, elegant, and allowed for moderate defense. It was her favorite hunter outfit, and it was near perfect. The young woman had a ponytail of dusty white hair. Hair that had been altered in a strange event, years ago. She had been born with brown hair. That's how drastic the event had changed her hair color.

Her boots were atop old, crusty cobblestones, and before her were rows of homes, and businesses. Most were darkened. All were out of sorts, with cracks in windows, doors ajar, widow panes off and gone. Wood creaked, rotting. Brick was loosing its color. Nothing living stirred, as far as she could tell. Her dusty blue eyes were complimentary to her dusty white hair. Lazily, she scanned the area. Nothing. That was no good.

Drawing in a breath, she stuck herself with a blood vial, and relished the feeling she got, when transfusing the blood into herself. Another sigh of pleasure escaped her, before she adjusted her hat. Quinn dashed through the streets, seeking more, always more. A huntress to her core.

Quinn eventually left the darkened, wizened alleys, to find herself out onto a main street of sorts. Lanterns were strewn about the place, small lights flickering in them. Flames danced on various things here and there: wooden fence, corpse pile, corpse sacrifice, wooden pile. You name it, and it was either burning, or had burned at some point in its strange 'life' in Yharnam. The residents on this night of the Hunt were truly made.

Seeing a horde dancing about, cackling, and caterwauling, Quinn felt the blood in her veins boil in anticipation. Gripping Rakuyo, she slashed it, and the red liquid splashed off of it, letting it gleam its delicate silvery color. Time to repaint her weapon. With no regard for self-preservation, she dashed towards the group of mad people. Spotting her they all began after her, waving makeshift weapons: whips, chairs, shattered bottles, knives, pitch forks. Again you name it.

Even gun fire rippled through the air, and Quinn agilely dodged to the side. She tore into them, beginning in a flurry of quick strikes, 'breaking' apart her Rakuyo into two, a short sword, and dagger. Master of her craft, the Hunter moved between her adversaries quickly. She slashed, and slashed, here and there, avoiding strike after strike. Bullet after bullet whizzing passed her head.

This was what it was to be a Hunter. This was what made her feel alive.

Pretty soon, the horde all leaped onto her, their eyes bloodlusting, with guttural animalistic groans.

Moments later, breathing hard, she staggered away from a pile of bodies, cut to bloody pieces, once again her weapon coated in red, a veritable paintbrush. Even her outfit was drenched in the sticky red liquid. Feeling close to death, like a Hunter often did, Quinn stumbled before a small light. Hands reaching for the lantern, she fell against it, grasping it.

Within seconds, she opened her dusty blue eyes, standing within the surreal Hunter's Dream, sanity returned, injuries gone. The life of a Hunter.

@Osthavula

The Prophet quietly walked over to the body of the old beggar without a head. Had he told anyone the secret? Or did he die with the words in his heart?

He thought to himself and chuckled as he kicked away a lump of hair on the ground. Crouching down, he began to follow the trail of blood

"A hunter, no doubt..." He began quietly whispering to himself as he held his ancient rifle, on the prowl.

"By now... They must be dreaming..."

He turned upwards to face one of the faceless creatures. He set his weapons down and bowed.

"My God, the secret is safe. You have nothing to fear, I shall defend you."

And he quickly picked his weapons up before walking into the church. Once the hunters would leave the dream, he would surely meet them here. It would be much easier to hunt his prey if he knew more about them, and he intended to formally introduce himself. Besides, he was already hiding too much from them, the least he could do would be to tell them his motives.

As he walked inside, he began humming a tune. The few remaining occupants of the chapel glared at him. A stranger, but one with a hideous aura. Something undefinable, aided by the obscuring apparel.

Aranor looked out the workshop window to see one by one hunters appear and check themselves as if they were worried about whether they were dead or not. He pointed towards them and Gehrman turned "Ahhh, so more of the hunters come seeking aid from the hunter's dream." Gehrman stroked his chin inquisitively and wheeled himself out side to meet them. Aranor was prepared to follow when he suddenly was grabbed by a hand. The hand belonged to a rather tall doll and it spoke in some foreign accent

"Welcome to the hunter's dream where you are safe dear hunter; I'm so glad you made it here safely." Aranor furrowed a brow as he was speaking to a talking doll.

"Uhm yeah I'm glad I am safe as well, how are you speaking to me your a hallowed doll?" The doll stifled a laugh and put her segmented fingers to her lips before speaking once more.

"In the hunters dream many things are not what they are supposed to be and Gehrman willed me to be in this world as the care taker of the hunters." Aranor nodded once more and headed out towards where Gehrman was meeting the hunters with a smile. Aranor held the small blade and put the handle on his back as he went to greet them as well.

When he finally decided to take in his surroundings he did notice something rather weird; It looked as if they were floating in some sort of white void and the building was picked up by some force and now just suspends in this void calmly. He shook the thought out of his mind and looked at them all while Gehrman spoke. "Hello everyone and welcome to the night of the hunt." The moon shined exquisitely in the hunter's dream as well. Aranor loved to stare at the stars and the moon when he was a kid and before his brother went off into Yharnam to combat the beastly threat he would stargaze with him. 

He focused his mind back on Gehrman who was speaking to the hunters but he only caught a piece of what he was saying. "Break the curse and free Yharnam then you may all go about your business as you please just beware not all hunters are looking to hunt beasts they might just make you out to be the beast." Aranor nodded and the doll walked out to talk to the hunters but at that point he had heard the speech and decided to take a seat near a patch of flowers and wait for everyone to get acquainted and comfy before jumping back out there to this hellish scourge.

Emilia turned as she noticed the group of people who had seemingly appeared behind her, the place was crowding rather quickly.  She noticed that many of these new people appeared to be hunters, it wasn't difficult to spot one, the way they carried themselves, the trick weapons, and the strange look in their eye, not one of a madman, but close, just teetering on the edge of insanity.  "What am I... doing here?" she asked, rubbing her head carefully, even though her wounds had sealed there was a deep pain in her chest where she had been stabbed, she hoped to take some time to rest before heading out again.  

For a moment, she paused and listened to the old mans words, tilting her head curiously.  The night of the hunt was a dangerous time indeed, Emilia didn't think it would be possible for her to break such a powerful curse, nor was she strong enough to fight another hunter.  She wasn't dead, but now, standing here and receiving the information from Gehrman, she felt that was her fate.  Emilia dwelled on this thought only for a few moments before shaking it out of her head, there was no way she could fail in her mission now, especially since she was just so close to getting answers.  Idris was waiting for her, it was her duty to find him and learn the fate of her family.  With that resolved, she took a deep breath and nodded towards Gehrman "Well... I guess we all have our duties then, don't we?" she asked, looking to the rest of the group.  

Sunnifa simply crossed her arms and waited patiently for Gehrman's speech. She had heard similar speech from him a long time ago, but she understood that the newcomer often need a guidance, or more likely, someone seemingly sane to talk to. She still hold doubts for the old hunter though, and for certain the old hunter was hiding something, but in these times she knew better than to ask the first hunter what scheme he is up to. As much as she knew that he knows about the Old Ones.

Kill the Old Ones.

The memory of her father's voice echoed in her head. She frowned at it, but she noticed the voice of Gehrman's speech ceased, and a hunter, possibly new, talked. "...we all have our duties then, don't we?"

She tried not to frown too much, but her mood wasn't really great after being backstabbed. "No need to rush, you have all the time you need."

Plus there will always be people wasting your time. She added in her head thinking about the bloody head she kicked away. But then again, not all was wasted. She knew she need a password through the door now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back