• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Royal Legion: Haitin Divide

Shadowborn Omen

A White Wolf
Royal Legion,

You are being summoned by the King's Master of War. Two nights ago, an unknown intruder unlawfully entered into the Sravag storage facility and stole a large number of Runes and Crests. As you know, Sravag is where we hold the most powerful of the Haitin-Weaponry. Despite heavy fortification and seemingly flawless procedure, this individual has managed to break through and steal nearly all of the Runes and Crests within. With the ability to do this, we can only assume this intruder has nearly unimaginable power. This, combined with the sheer strength and numbers of Runes and Crests they have stolen, they must be considered a major threat to the entire Kingdom. We know that it has been decades since the last time we called upon you, and many of the Haitin within the Legion are new and haven't been officially deployed on a mission of even a tenth of this magnitude, but we ask for you to send your greatest Haitin to the Great Hall immediately to be deployed in pursuit of this criminal.

This Role Play takes place in a world very different from our own, in a time somewhat similar to our own Middle Ages. While most humans in this world are just like the humans we know, some are born with gifts. These people are called "Haitin" and have the ability to call upon supernatural beings and powers to help them fight. Through the power of Runes and Crests, they can use magic-like abilities and summon unearthly monsters called Cadence to help them. These Runes and Crests were said to be created by the gods and sent to the Haitin, and some of the most powerful Haitin have claimed to be able to communicate with the gods directly.

Haitin use Runes and Crests to obtain their abilities. The first Haitin could use both Runes and Crests simultaneously, but all other Haitin after him use only one type. The Haitin are now split into two types: Rune Wielders and Summoners. While all Haitin are united under the same title, these two types are completely different. Rune Wielders use the powers of Runes to gain access to superhuman abilities and powers, while Summoners use Crests to summon Cadence.

Anyone interested is welcome to ask questions or give suggestions. I will be editing this post occasionally to add more detail, I'll always make a post when I edit it!

EDIT: More in-depth history.

The first crest, the Crest of Thanatos, as well as the first Rune, the Rune of Mors, both have unknown origin, but were both used by the first Haitin, who went by the name of Mikael. Mikael was the first and most powerful Haitin the world has ever seen, and the origin of all Haitin. The Crest of Thanatos allowed him to summon Thanatos, the Ultimate Cadence, and the Rune of Mors gave him the powers of a god. The War of Dragons and War of Giants were both won by humans because of Mikael. It was said he could wipe a man from existence by simply wishing him gone, though today it is largely believed that was an exaggeration of the truth. Mikael had two children, who were twins. Since Mikael did not have a surname, the children were given the surname "Mikael". They were named Aiden and Adrianna Mikael. They were both Haitin, but Aiden could only use Crests to summon Cadence, and Adrianna could only use Runes for magic. The Crest of Thanatos and the Rune of Mors were both too strong for the twins, so Mikael, with the help of the gods, created six Crests and six Runes. These were dubbed "The Crests of Aiden" and "The Runes of Adrianna".

Shortly after the children began to use the runes Mikael had created for them, Mikael disappeared. With him, so did the Crest of Thanatos and the Rune of Mors. Aiden and Adrianna took Mikael's place. All of Aiden's descendants were Summoner Haitin, while all of Adrianna's descendants were Rune Wielding Haitin. The only exception to either of these rules is if a descendant of Aiden and Adrianna had a child, then the child's gender would determine the type of Haitin.

Some of Aiden's children claimed to have been able to communicate with the gods, and began to make their own Crests to summon creatures the gods made for them. Some of Adrianna's children claimed to be able to do the same, and made their own Runes. Through the ages, these Rune and Crest creators would pop up. They would create Runes and Crests for other Haitin to use. Eventually, the Runes and Crests were as diverse as life itself.

The number of Haitin grew, and eventually the King's Council decided to make a specific sector of the Kingdom dedicated to Haitin. While Haitin were free to enter and exit from this area, it is where nearly all of the Haitin resided. It was also home of the Royal Legion, which was a force of hundreds of Haitin who keep peace in the Kingdom and follow the orders of the King and his Council. This area still exists today, and the Royal Legion as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super interested! Hope this gets rollin'.

I've edited the first post to contain a more in-depth history on the origin of Haitin and how they got where they are today. Anyone who wants to make their own Crest or Rune for their character can PM me or post their idea here, I'll let you know what I think of it!

I am also working on the Runes of Adrianna and Crests of Aiden right now (You'll know what these are when you read the backstory), though I may not have them up by the end of the day. A friend is helping me and we're both somewhat busy today so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

@Maximus @too much idea @Ulfhedinn @Pushks

Hm! I'd definitely like to reserve something with either illusions or shapeshifting, since I think I could do some pretty cool psychology things there for my character. :u

Either crests or runes are fine! Maybe summoning a beast that emerges with the lad I'mma play and allows him to get the powers? Just putting this out here. c:

Pushks said:
Hm! I'd definitely like to reserve something with either illusions or shapeshifting, since I think I could do some pretty cool psychology things there for my character. :u
Either crests or runes are fine! Maybe summoning a beast that emerges with the lad I'mma play and allows him to get the powers? Just putting this out here. c:
As far as illusions and shapeshifting and such, I'm going to have to limit it to Runes. Allowing a Cadence that gives a person the powers of a Rune would be bypassing the whole 'You can only use Crests or Runes, not both' idea.

But you can definitely get a Rune for illusions or shapeshifting! Because of the nature of runes, you can have up to 3 'binded' to you at one time, though you can only actively use 1 at a time. So you can have illusions AND shapeshifting if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! I'm going to reserve those two then. c;

Also, I like your icon a lot.

I would PM you, but I'm still on the 10 post restriction. :/

So, how does a rune build for a Ranger character sound? Since the quest is about tracking someone or a group, thought I'd go for a tracker type. Thinking of "Shadowmeld", an invisibility rune or at least considerable concealment as one. The other two could be "Eagle", better clarity of vision over long distances, but nothing insane, and "Hummingbird", something for quick reaction speed to use during combat, but if he were to get an injury while using it he would bleed profusely.

Ulfhedinn said:
I would PM you, but I'm still on the 10 post restriction. :/
So, how does a rune build for a Ranger character sound? Since the quest is about tracking someone or a group, thought I'd go for a tracker type. Thinking of "Shadowmeld", an invisibility rune or at least considerable concealment as one. The other two could be "Eagle", better clarity of vision over long distances, but nothing insane, and "Hummingbird", something for quick reaction speed to use during combat, but if he were to get an injury while using it he would bleed profusely.
Very interesting. I'd like to see your ideas in more detail once I get the Custom Rune/Crest template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back