• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rosewater Execution Firm

"Would all new employees please report to the ground floor for orientation. Thank you." The words echoed in the hallway and sent nerves careening back into Hael's stomach. He stood from his resting position, getting closer to the group, murmuring friendly words to the other women. It seemed as though the well dressed man and himself were to be the only male participants in the orientation. He put on his best professional face, though frankly it wasn't the best, and waited for what lay ahead.

Vuokko had hardly gotten through the remainder of her paperwork before a voice over the P.A. system convoked them all to the ground floor for orientation. Vuokko took a second to check a couple boxes before folding the paperwork back up and stuffing it into her inner jacket pocket. She had been anticipating orientation for a decent while, now.

She stood up to head to the elevator until she saw Hael en route, mumbling. She was curious as to what he had said, but couldn't think of a relevant or tactful way to ask about it. As he drew closer, Vuokko addressed him with a friendly wave, "Hey. Want to head down to the ground floor with me?" She talked to a decent number of people in the U.S., but she was a little concerned about her accent when communicating regularly with her comrades, especially since this was one of her first few sentences spoken to them. It wasn't as though her English was incomprehensible; she knew English fairly well, save for a few pronunciations, but it felt strange to pronounce things differently, almost as though she was talking incorrectly. And, even though she had been to the U.S. before, she still wasn't used to it.

Hael's attention was ultimately drawn to Vuokko and he gave a cheerful smile to her inquiry. Her accent was a bit of a distraction but it wasn't an unwelcome one. "Yes. That would be lovely." He said slightly relieved that he wouldn't be going about this whole thing alone. He had to remember that these people would eventually be working with him. Teammates.

Veronica; Elevator

The announcement played over the elevator's speakers, temporarily drowning out the dull drone of the tacky music overhead. It called all new employees to meet on the main floor of the building for orientation. Veronica quickly slapped the button labeled with a large number 1 and a star symbol on it, but it was too late, she was already rising past the ground level up to the very top of the building where she had left her other fellow applicants several minutes before. She sighed, it would be her luck to be carried all the way back to the top again and possibly have to suffer an excruciatingly crowded ride down together with them. Perhaps she could find the next nearest floor and get off there, and simply walk down to the lobby and meet them. But, before she could decide which next button to press, she had already arrived. The doors creaked open and she found herself face to face with Hael and Vuokko. Just my luck. At least it wasn't all bad, the cretin and his infernal flirting were not yet to be seen, perhaps she could abscond with these two and enjoy at least a quiet, if not comfortable, ride down.

She hurriedly waved them into the elevator, "Come along, I won't bite, I'm not feral, you know." If she was to avoid being joined by Gran, they had to be headed on their way now. He would certainly be coming around the corner any moment, his pasty little hands slipping between the elevator doors right before they met and sealed her safely away from him. Even now she could have sworn that she heard his footsteps in the hallway, practically leaping and prancing towards her like a lovesick puppy. The very thought made her ill to her stomach. 'Father, I pray you give me the strength not to murder my new associate on the first day.'

@NunuSama @CalamariHero @YumenoTsukishiro @Aelos @CoreyXIX

Last edited by a moderator:
After his new boss made the announcement, Gran walked slightly behind the man as they made their way towards the ground floor of the building. His excitement on meeting everyone else was reaching its peak, Veronica Chang in particular. Her coldness just made the fire in his chest burn brighter. It was only a matter of time before he could melt the ice surrounding her heart. Just you wait. I'll get my chance soon.

When he turned around the corner with the Boss, he saw the white-haired girl with the Asian-looking boy just about to enter the elevator. "Wait up, please! Sir Brian Rosewater is coming," he walked faster, hoping that he could reach the elevator doors before they closed. Thanks to his training, he managed to maintain his poise while briskly making his way to the elevator. Good thing too, since he managed to clamp a hand over one of the doors just as it slid close. And that was when he saw her. Glasses, smooth face, lovely cold gaze.

His chance came earlier than he expected.

"Hello again, Miss Veronica. It's a good thing this elevator came when it did. It'll give us all more time to get acquainted," he said with a bright smile.

@NunuSama @CalamariHero @Stickdom @Aelos @CoreyXIX

Relying somewhat on his walking cane to keep his speed and balance up to par, Brian followed alongside Gran as they exited his office. On the bright side, it looked like the majority of them would be taking the ride down together in the elevator. Sadly, it might be a bit of a fit considering everybody here on the top floor. It had been some luck that they caught the elevator. On the other hand, it seemed a foul shadow had briefly passed over them with how Gran greeted Miss Chang. Consider Gran's earlier rejection, this would not go well!

"Why, thank you for holding the elevator for this old man. You're all too kind!" Brian says with a laugh, an attempt to cut the fuse off of a bomb that was probably already lit and counting down. With a surprising quickness Brian enters the elevator, walking around Gran and into the elevator. He just hoped this ride wouldn't feel like it would take forever. At least he wasn't in here with just gran and Veronica. On the bright side, if things got too bad Brian would give the offending party a nice, thorough orientation on employee conduct. The code of hunting may have been established in times of chivalry, but Federal Law was thankfully a little more modern than that!

@CalamariHero @Aelos @Stickdom @NunuSama @YumenoTsukishiro

Hael pressed his back to the wall of the elevator as at the last second Gran made his way in with the Boss. He gave a cheerful smile as he was pushed up against everyone else, doing his best to keep at least an inch of space between himself, Vuokko and Veronica as Gran and Brian squeezed in. He pushed the button to the main floor, convinced no one else would fit inside even if they wanted to. He offered a strained smile to Gran and Brian as the elevator provided music to cover the awkward silence as the doors shut and the elevator proceeded to start its way down. The silence was a little much for Hael so he broke it, "Well, I vote that we get some rock music in this elevator." He smiled, shoving his hands in his jacket pocket in an attempt to make himself smaller in the crowded space.

@CalamariHero @Stickdom @YumenoTsukishiro @CoreyXIX @Aelos

Vuokko was waiting for the elevator, with Hael, prepared to head to the first floor for orientation. To her surprise, when the doors opened, Veronica was standing there, in the elevator. She was impelling her and Hael to enter the elevator, and she seemed to be doing so with haste. Vuokko paused, she was hesitant. Even though Vuokko and Veronica had spent little time around one another, Vuokko felt as though this was unlike her. After a moment of thought, it occurred to her that it might be about her unrequited love.

Before she had any time to respond, Gran had called out, having everyone hold the elevator doors for Rosewater. Vuokko had turned back to Veronica, speaking under her breathe, "Sorry."

She allowed Gran and Brian to enter the elevator first. Hael, then made space for himself. Vuokko entered, maximizing the comfortable capacity of the vehicle. She tried to situate herself such that Gran was not adjacent to Veronica, wedging herslef between the two if need be, for two reasons: Firstly, it had become evident to her that Veronica was unwelcoming to Gran's display of affection, and that, while they did not get off on the right foot, she felt like she should provide assistance, and secondly, she would personally like to not see Gran propose in an elevator. The ride down was fairly quiet, save for the elevator music, and Hael keying in with his, presumably joking, request for rock music in the elevators.

@CoreyXIX @Aelos @Stickdom @NunuSama @YumenoTsukishiro

Veronica; Elevator

Veronica had heaved a small sigh when the doors began to close again after taking in Vuokko and Hael, just a few seconds and she would be sealed off and safe from Gran's pestering. She truly hoped they would get along, they would have to in the future, but after his saucy introduction, she would rather not salt the wound any farther today. She inwardly panicked a moment when she heard his voice calling for them to hold the elevator, but surely the doors were already too far shut and as long as neither of her companions pressed the 'Open Door' button, they would be on their way without him. Veronica closed her eyes in relief when the light filtering into the elevator was only a small crack, surely he would never be able to make it in time. The sound of the doors reopening and Gran's voice made her want to curl into a ball on the floor and cry. Just my luck. But Mr. Rosewater was accompanying him, surely he would be able to rein in his newest lapdog.

Gran's greeting was met with a response as indifferent as their first meeting, "Hello, Mr. Larson." Her tone showed no emotion, neither disdain or approval, perhaps he wanted her to reject him, to play hard-to-get, in which case, she would deny him even that pleasure. The elderly gentleman entering the elevator a moment later was given a much warmer solicitation, followed by a bow of her head, "Good morning, Mr. Rosewater. If you don't mind my saying so, you can not be that terribly old, my father was possibly your age, sir." The thoughts of her father brought back memories, ones she quickly took hold of and locked away again, now was not the time for unrelated emotion. She simply continued by saying, "I take it that we are all bound for the lobby, then?"

Hael had already pressed the button for the first floor, and Veronica very appreciatively slid over an inch towards Vuokko who had valiantly taken the space between herself and Gran, who she was certain was eyeing her like a puppy. She could see this group working well together, once they figured out their team dynamic, they were already in some mental sync with the others, feeling out each others weak points and covering for them. Her largest weak point at this moment was Gran's incessant nagging, Though I'm certain that even he has some strengths to contribute, otherwise he would not have been accepted as we all were. Perhaps cannon fodder is a worthy cause to dedicate oneself to.

@CoreyXIX @NunuSama @CalamariHero @YumenoTsukishiro

"I dunno how well our clients would appreciate something like Van Halen blaring from our elevator speakers." Brian says with a small laugh to Hale's request as he watches the other shift and move about in the elevator. Quick, efficient, effecrive, and low key about it. Really, it was pretty impressive to watch such a subtle dance against what could have been considered a bad situation. Really, he had chosen well. These people would have a long, effective career ahead of them if they took to their work like they did this elevator! Returning the bow, he nods in affirmation to the query of their destibation. "Indeed we are. Though I may not be too old, a life led like mine can sure make you feel like an old man!" He replies, a small smile to soften the implications of his statement. Most people would called it quits if they had such an extensive list of injuries and problems, but Brian Rosewater was not 'most people' by any stretch. At least his own abilities kept him from getting much worse.

As the elevator hit the lobby floor, the Ding noise normally associated with elevators chimed and the doors opened. "I'll keep our little 'grand tour' relatively short for all of you. We'll be visiting the places necessary for your job and also the Panic Room. I'm sure you're all already familiar with the ground floor." He says as he steps out of the elevator, giving a small wave to the secretary Vivian as he keeps walking towards the stairs down with a quick, brisk pace to continue the quick orientation and hopefully to their first jobs. "I'll be showing you the storage and training rooms first."

As he led the group down the stairs the lower floor opened up into a larger yet less decorated hallway than up above. There were several rooms branching from the hall, three on the left and three on the right along with another set of stairs on the opposite end of the way. The doors only had a thin window on them for which to look through, much like some schools. As Brian heads to the first one on the left he opens it up, revealing a room with many different racks, footlockers, and other storage containers. A couple of spaces on the racks were already occupied, one with a broadsword and another with an older hunting rifle. "In here is where many of us will be storing our weaponry while we're here in the building." he explains to the touring group as he unlocked, then opened the door to show them. "You can leave some other things of yours here that you will be using as well.I can guarantee there are few places safer than here for your equipment. Only Executioners, the quartermaster, and I have the keys to this room." he adds, as if to answer the question to the possibility of things going missing. "Of course, our quartermaster is currently out at the moment but you'll get to meet him soon enough." Other than the storage places, the room contained a large desk and the other end of the room the front side facing the door. This room seemed to have abandoned such ideas of 'decoration' and 'aesthetics' ages ago, deciding that having enough storage spaces to qualify as a hoarder was a far better idea.

Ah. Gran could feel the chill running down his bones from Veronica's words. Rather than push him away, it did quite the opposite. Gran's fire only flared higher with the desire to befriend this pale bespectacled maiden. And the first step to doing so? Standing right next to her in the elevator! In one of the books he'd read, Gran saw that elevator conversations between a man and a woman was a spark that would bring them closer together. Fate was kind to grant him this chance to use that spark. And he would've done so, if it weren't for the white-haired woman who slid in between him and Veronica Chang.

Granted, she was undeniably attractive, the way girls from Northern Europe usually were. He would have surely chanced a deeper bond between them, if his heart hadn't already been captured by Veronica's pale beauty. Such as it were, Gran could do nothing but hum along to the elevator music as they descended towards the ground floor.

Gran paid little attention to the tour itself, though he did smile and wave at the pretty secretary when they passed her by. When they arrived at the storage room, he felt a little nostalgia twang in his chest. The chaos of it all reminded him of the library he grew up in back in New York. That wasn't a cache of memories he was ready to open just yet, so instead he tried to steer the group towards something more interesting than lockers.

"Pardon me again, Mr. Rosewater, but I'd like to make another suggestion," he said, tapping his cane once on the floor. "To be honest, I thought we'd have to display our abilities to you for you to gauge the extent of our power. Now, since we're going to the training room anyway, why don't we all spar against each other? It'll give each of us an idea of what everyone is capable of, which will make it easier for us to work as a team when we finally get sent out for whatever work you have planned for us."

A man walked up to a building in a nonchalant mood, not really wondering if he was late or not. In a since he kinda hoped he was late, after all. Heroes always show up late to the party. He looked up to the sign that read "Rosewater Firm". With a smirk on his face he grabbed his comb and brushed it through his hair before giving a sigh of pleasure. "Well, well, well.. looks like I, The Great Drake, have found the Rosewater firm, I wonder if there would be any cute babes around?" Turning his head, he looked at the door with the face of wonder and charged through the door. Upon entering the doors, the man extended his arms and began to flap his lips, "Hello people of Rosewater Firm! I, The Great Drake, have arrived to seek employment! For I have a dream to protect anyone that is in aid of need, and crush those who do harm to others. No matter No matter what or who you are! Men, child... more specifically ladies, I shall uphold my duty to protect everyone and everything I meet that wishes for protection!" Grabbing the handle of a metal object, he pulled it out swiftly and held it into the air along with his comb, "Now who seeks to aid I, The Great Drake, to find out how he may enter into this dangerous job!" Drake finished, having his eyes closed the whole time, he waited for a response he may or may not receive.

Sparkstorm1000 said:
A man walked up to a building in a nonchalant mood, not really wondering if he was late or not. In a since he kinda hoped he was late, after all. Heroes always show up late to the party. He looked up to the sign that read "Rosewater Firm". With a smirk on his face he grabbed his comb and brushed it through his hair before giving a sigh of pleasure. "Well, well, well.. looks like I, The Great Drake, have found the Rosewater firm, I wonder if there would be any cute babes around?" Turning his head, he looked at the door with the face of wonder and charged through the door. Upon entering the doors, the man extended his arms and began to flap his lips, "Hello people of Rosewater Firm! I, The Great Drake, have arrived to seek employment! For I have a dream to protect anyone that is in aid of need, and crush those who do harm to others. No matter No matter what or who you are! Men, child... more specifically ladies, I shall uphold my duty to protect everyone and everything I meet that wishes for protection!" Grabbing the handle of a metal object, he pulled it out swiftly and held it into the air along with his comb, "Now who seeks to aid I, The Great Drake, to find out how he may enter into this dangerous job!" Drake finished, having his eyes closed the whole time, he waited for a response he may or may not receive.
As Vivian looked up from her papers with a quizzical look at the near obnoxiously loud person who came she listened to what he was saying. Wait, was he serious? He sure seemed so. As he stood there with his eyes closed she took a moment to figure out how to say it in a way that hopefully wouldn't deflate his boundless energy a little too much. "Well, not being late for the interview and tour would have went a long way for your employment." she finally says with a mix of slight snark and professionalism in her tone toward 'The Great Drake.' She wondered a little if he entered all places he was meant to be in a similar fashion. "I believe they are all still downstairs on the tour. If you're not going to wait upstairs by Mister Rosewater's office I recommend taking the stairs down to the next floor." she then quickly adds as a recommendation to her last statement.

CoreyXIX said:
As Vivian looked up from her papers with a quizzical look at the near obnoxiously loud person who came she listened to what he was saying. Wait, was he serious? He sure seemed so. As he stood there with his eyes closed she took a moment to figure out how to say it in a way that hopefully wouldn't deflate his boundless energy a little too much. "Well, not being late for the interview and tour would have went a long way for your employment." she finally says with a mix of slight snark and professionalism in her tone toward 'The Great Drake.' She wondered a little if he entered all places he was meant to be in a similar fashion. "I believe they are all still downstairs on the tour. If you're not going to wait upstairs by Mister Rosewater's office I recommend taking the stairs down to the next floor." she then quickly adds as a recommendation to her last statement.
Drake opened his eyes at the young woman and smiled, walking up to her in the process. "Why thank you fair lady, I didn't expect to see such a beautiful young woman as yourself doing office work. I'm sure your charms could be used else where but alas, you decided to do this..." Drake then brushed his hair and set the comb in front of the lady. "A gift from me, to when we will meet again." Drake finished, winking at the woman before running off.

Drake, not really knowing where he was going, wandered all over the first floor before finding some easily noticeable steps. With a smug grin, he tried brushed his hair again, before realizing he gave the comb to the woman. To counter this, he just brushed his fingers through his scalp till he felt he was presentable. When he was set, he started walking down the steps straight to the bottom. Once at the bottom, he noticed some figures. His eyes seemed to sparkle for a moment before running up to the people to start another...monologue... "Hello good Men and Woman! I have finally arrived for my to meet with a 'Mister Rosewater...' I must inform him that I, The Great Drake, am finally here. Some people call me the Handsome Hero don't you know... for I take care of anyone weak individual I see that needs aid! For I, The Great Drake, shan't turn a blind eye to those individual! They might even be children, and after all, children are the future of all human kind! We need them to fix all of our previous mistakes! Like Butterscotch pie! That thing is truly disgusting! Who ever was the creator of that has no basic taste of what is a good desert is! After all, Cherry pie is truly the best pie! for one thing, it tastes like cherry's which look like grapes, WHICH can be turned into wine, and wine is one of the best thing in the history--" Drake, now severally off-topic continues to talk about nonsensical stuff until someone hopefully interrupts him.

Hael stepped off the elevator, following Gran into the storage room, deciding to keep his weapons on him for the time being. He listened to Gran’s suggestion at friendly sparring to gage skills, nodding in agreement at the conversation until the doors at the stairway burst open.

Hael moved automatically, sword drawn and pointed at the loud ruckage and loud voice, the man seemed to not notice the drawn weapon as he excitedly introduced himself and never stopped. Hael slightly lowered the sharp samurai sword and tilted his head when it became clear that the man was going to keep talking about.. wine?

“Excuse me.” He interrupted, “Uh... Drake.” He settled for saying, not really willing to call the silly man in front of him ‘Great.’ “Are you here for the tour?” He asked, casting a curious glance at Mr.Rosewater, knowing the older man would have a better idea about what was going on.

NunuSama said:
Hael stepped off the elevator, following Gran into the storage room, deciding to keep his weapons on him for the time being. He listened to Gran’s suggestion at friendly sparring to gage skills, nodding in agreement at the conversation until the doors at the stairway burst open.
Hael moved automatically, sword drawn and pointed at the loud ruckage and loud voice, the man seemed to not notice the drawn weapon as he excitedly introduced himself and never stopped. Hael slightly lowered the sharp samurai sword and tilted his head when it became clear that the man was going to keep talking about.. wine?

“Excuse me.” He interrupted, “Uh... Drake.” He settled for saying, not really willing to call the silly man in front of him ‘Great.’ “Are you here for the tour?” He asked, casting a curious glance at Mr.Rosewater, knowing the older man would have a better idea about what was going on.
Drake paused once someone had interrupted him. He looked confused for a moment, for flapping his lips again "Yes, actually, I'm here for the tour of the Rosewater Firm." Drake began, acting very professional. "I assume one of you is Mr. Rosewater?" Drake asked, hoping he could gain some knowledge of who was charge of the place. Looking at his hand, he quickly noticed that his rapier was still out, "Silly me! I should have put this away from I ran down the steps, if I tripped that could have been extremely bad." Drake said, putting the rapier away in it's container

Sparkstorm1000 said:
Drake paused once someone had interrupted him. He looked confused for a moment, for flapping his lips again "Yes, actually, I'm here for the tour of the Rosewater Firm." Drake began, acting very professional. "I assume one of you is Mr. Rosewater?" Drake asked, hoping he could gain some knowledge of who was charge of the place. Looking at his hand, he quickly noticed that his rapier was still out, "Silly me! I should have put this away from I ran down the steps, if I tripped that could have been extremely bad." Drake said, putting the rapier away in it's container
Brian spent a moment watching the new person while Hael interrupted the newcomer's rambling statement. The Great Drake? Well, maybe when he got to a better position in the firm Brian would consider humoring him with the idea of that title. Well, assuming he would survive long enough of course. Maybe his behavior was just an act? "That would be me." the older man says, raising his hand up some so that Drake would differentiate him from the rest of the group. "You're a bit late Mister Rin, but you made it in time for the tour of the facility. We can do the final interview and loose ends in a little while." he explains to Drake. As much as he would like to consider Gran's proposition he was debating on whether to instead send them on their first missions or not. Most of what they had do here couldn't really be put off until a later date.

Veronica; Storage Facility

The room was certainly nothing to look at, bare walls, bare shelves, bare necessities. It would be much more inviting after it had been filled with weaponry, she thought, always eager to hone her abilities in combat. Gran's voice grated on her ears, she had been intent on ignoring him, but she caught his words regarding sparring to gauge their skill levels. She turned to stare at him, eyes flashing in delight, lips pulled back into a grin that even the Cheshire Cat would be admirable of. If she could have the chance to thrash him in a fight, perhaps even cripple him to the point of resigning, then she might have the chance of pursuing a Gran-less career here at the Rosewater Firm. She was about to confirm, probably to her chagrin, that she agreed with Gran when the door suddenly flew open behind them, revealing yet another loud and boisterous person announcing his arrival with an explosion of flamboyance. Just my luck, it's Gran's twin brother from hell, spawn of the devils themselves. Father, have I dishonoured your memory so much that you would allow these demons to torment me so? She turned away from Gran again, this time even refusing to listen to him, her fists clenched and mouth shut tightly to prevent an outburst of inappropriate expletives.

Hael was much calmer in the matter, simply addressing the newcomer with ease. How does he do it? Why doesn't he tell that loud-mouthed imbecile to shut up? Even these thoughts surprised Veronica, her usual famed calm and poised demeanor was being upset by the mere presence of these.... these idiots. She must need to see a doctor, her hormones had to be imbalanced if she was being so upset by simple case of sheer stupidity. She simply walked past the rest of the group making forced introductions, directly toward Mr. Rosewater, who was in the midst of greeting this newest pest. "Mr. Rosewater, if I may be so bold. You had mentioned assigning us a mission. I do not wish to be impatient, and I certainly do not wish to presume too much of your leadership. However, I believe we are wasting valuable time with pleasantries and acquaintances. If I may suggest, perhaps we could expedite the process of the tour and proceed directly to the assignment of the mission so that we have adequate time to prepare ourselves while we finish the tour?" She said this with respect and clarity, wanting to make sure that he understood that she wished to make their time as efficient and prosperous as possible.

@CoreyXIX

Vuokko, along with the rest of the party, descended to the ground floor. She followed close behind, as the then took the stairs down to the first basement to be shown the training hall and storage room. The first thing she noticed was that whomever constructed the floor paid little mind to aesthetics. This was consistently carried over to the rooms. The closest thing to a decoration in the storage area seemed to be a desk. And perhaps it was just her poor vision messing with her perception of things, but it seemed rather dingy down here.

Gran spoke up, suggesting that they all spar and show off their abilities. Vuokko was tempted to verbally question his suggestion, 'What, do you want me to shoot you? I don't think that would fare well.' However, she had little time to vocalize this, and thus it was restricted only to thought. Her intent was interrupted by a rather flamboyant man brandishing a rapier. He spoke incessantly, jumping from one topic to another. Vuokko was hardly moved, simply observing from the back of the crowd. Hael, with his sword unsheathed, calmly inquire the man, to which Vuokko found rather respectable -- 'On guard, but not acting irrationally... Good for you'

Vuokko began to delve deep into thought, no longer processing outside stimuli, until one phrase caught her attention. A simple snippet of Veronica's conversation with Rosewater, 'time to prepare'. This reminded her that, beyond her knives, which were intended to be used as tools alone, she had no weapons. She still needed an interim rifle before she could go out on a mission.

"Drake. It's nice to meet you." Vuokko stated. She made her way by Veronica and Mr. Rosewater, "I don't mean to interrupt, but there has been something I've been meaning to talk to you about, Rosewater. I was hoping to have more time, and I was hoping to have done so more formally, but if we are going to be starting missions as soon as Veronica is suggesting, I feel as though I must request a weapon from the firm to be used as an interim while I wait for my rifle to be shipped from Finland. It takes a few weeks for the paperwork to be processed and whatnot." Vuokko said, oddly speaking faster than normal. She felt the urge to request it now, so she would avoid forgetting it.

Stickdom said:
Veronica; Storage FacilityThe room was certainly nothing to look at, bare walls, bare shelves, bare necessities. It would be much more inviting after it had been filled with weaponry, she thought, always eager to hone her abilities in combat. Gran's voice grated on her ears, she had been intent on ignoring him, but she caught his words regarding sparring to gauge their skill levels. She turned to stare at him, eyes flashing in delight, lips pulled back into a grin that even the Cheshire Cat would be admirable of. If she could have the chance to thrash him in a fight, perhaps even cripple him to the point of resigning, then she might have the chance of pursuing a Gran-less career here at the Rosewater Firm. She was about to confirm, probably to her chagrin, that she agreed with Gran when the door suddenly flew open behind them, revealing yet another loud and boisterous person announcing his arrival with an explosion of flamboyance. Just my luck, it's Gran's twin brother from hell, spawn of the devils themselves. Father, have I dishonoured your memory so much that you would allow these demons to torment me so? She turned away from Gran again, this time even refusing to listen to him, her fists clenched and mouth shut tightly to prevent an outburst of inappropriate expletives.

Hael was much calmer in the matter, simply addressing the newcomer with ease. How does he do it? Why doesn't he tell that loud-mouthed imbecile to shut up? Even these thoughts surprised Veronica, her usual famed calm and poised demeanor was being upset by the mere presence of these.... these idiots. She must need to see a doctor, her hormones had to be imbalanced if she was being so upset by simple case of sheer stupidity. She simply walked past the rest of the group making forced introductions, directly toward Mr. Rosewater, who was in the midst of greeting this newest pest. "Mr. Rosewater, if I may be so bold. You had mentioned assigning us a mission. I do not wish to be impatient, and I certainly do not wish to presume too much of your leadership. However, I believe we are wasting valuable time with pleasantries and acquaintances. If I may suggest, perhaps we could expedite the process of the tour and proceed directly to the assignment of the mission so that we have adequate time to prepare ourselves while we finish the tour?" She said this with respect and clarity, wanting to make sure that he understood that she wished to make their time as efficient and prosperous as possible.

@CoreyXIX
CalamariHero said:
Vuokko, along with the rest of the party, descended to the ground floor. She followed close behind, as the then took the stairs down to the first basement to be shown the training hall and storage room. The first thing she noticed was that whomever constructed the floor paid little mind to aesthetics. This was consistently carried over to the rooms. The closest thing to a decoration in the storage area seemed to be a desk. And perhaps it was just her poor vision messing with her perception of things, but it seemed rather dingy down here.
Gran spoke up, suggesting that they all spar and show off their abilities. Vuokko was tempted to verbally question his suggestion, 'What, do you want me to shoot you? I don't think that would fare well.' However, she had little time to vocalize this, and thus it was restricted only to thought. Her intent was interrupted by a rather flamboyant man brandishing a rapier. He spoke incessantly, jumping from one topic to another. Vuokko was hardly moved, simply observing from the back of the crowd. Hael, with his sword unsheathed, calmly inquire the man, to which Vuokko found rather respectable -- 'On guard, but not acting irrationally... Good for you'

Vuokko began to delve deep into thought, no longer processing outside stimuli, until one phrase caught her attention. A simple snippet of Veronica's conversation with Rosewater, 'time to prepare'. This reminded her that, beyond her knives, which were intended to be used as tools alone, she had no weapons. She still needed an interim rifle before she could go out on a mission.

"Drake. It's nice to meet you." Vuokko stated. She made her way by Veronica and Mr. Rosewater, "I don't mean to interrupt, but there has been something I've been meaning to talk to you about, Rosewater. I was hoping to have more time, and I was hoping to have done so more formally, but if we are going to be starting missions as soon as Veronica is suggesting, I feel as though I must request a weapon from the firm to be used as an interim while I wait for my rifle to be shipped from Finland. It takes a few weeks for the paperwork to be processed and whatnot." Vuokko said, oddly speaking faster than normal. She felt the urge to request it now, so she would avoid forgetting it.
It seemed more than a few of these people were wanting for action and now. By all means Brian wasn't offended by the things recommended to him, and would love to get things on the ball in comparison to how droll the majority of this apparently was. He had neglected to mention that they would be showing only the rooms essential to their jobs, and anything else would generally be unnecessary for them to know of. The majority of their time in the building was probably going to be between his office and these two rooms anyway. Speaking of, where was his trusted quartermaster, anyway? Amir generally didn't up and vanish unless he had something important come up last minute. 'Oh, right. How could I have forgotten?' he thinks, remembering the man had a few new 'toys' to pick up and was going to be late.

That small but important feeling train of thought was quickly vanquished when both Veronica and Vuokko spoke up to him regarding their concerns. It was a bit of an inconvenience, having to deal with customs and shipping from other countries. Doubly so with a hilariously powerful weapon like Vuokko's rifle probably was. To be honest, these two talking was enough to distract him from the feeling the slight concern that was sinking in the pit of his stomach. "I wasn't going to show much more anyway, we can consider this over and cut to the chase. When Amir gets back he can go over how protocol for storage works. Trust me, you won't miss him if he's here. The man is built like a brick wall." Brian announces, but was more for Veronica's answer than anything. "And we can procure you a temporary weapon if you need one, Vuokko. We have more than a few kinds of more common modern weaponry here in storage. It won't be an issue for you to borrow it for as long as you need it to." he then says in turn to Vuokko in concern for her weapon. She seemed a bit more animated in her speech when it came to the request. Not that he blamed her. Honestly, if he didn't have his handgun in it's holster underneath his jacket he would feel practically naked.

"In the meantime, any final questions or concerns while we head back and we get to work on our assignments?" he asks the group. He was rather curious on how they would perform on the job. He didn't think they would do too badly, but he couldn't help but wonder with a couple of them. He considered recommending to the ones with swords to consider a backup sidearm but decided to hold off on that for now.

Taking a bow, he began to speak once more, "I thank you all for your welcomes, I appreciate every ounce of love that gets thrown my directions... especially from the ladies." Drake paused, he lifted up is head, taking a moment to look at all the women in the room, winking at every single one of them..." I wait for our interview with delight, Mister Rosewater Sir." Drake finished, talking more professionally towards Rosewater before straightening upright to look like a normal individual. Drake really didn't feel phased by everyone first impression of himself. granted, he really just ignored all the negative vibes he got from everyone else. If you wanna be positive, you might as well block out the negatives right? @CoreyXIX

Getting a closer look at Hael, his eyes sparked like a fire cracker once he noticed the samurai sword he wielded. Drake, being the unique individual he is, couldn't contain himself from point out the obvious. "I see you also wield a weapon of old, a sharp metal that has been made from the fires of a furnace, you lucky sir, have caught my eye... I look forward to besting thee in a potential sparing match sometime in the future?" Drake, not being subtle what so ever, just gave a giant wink, before walking up to Hael, pulling his rapier out, and gently touching swords with one another, before sheathing the weapon back into it's carrier. @NunuSama

Drake turned his back and faced the direction of Rosewater, be rubbed his hand against his chin, wondering if there was an important question he needed to ask, suddenly, a thought occurred! Two of them! "Mister Rosewater I got some important question!" Drake paused, he seemed like he was holding suspense for some reason... "Are we able to have wine while on duty!?" Drake asked, putting emphasis on his question. "Oh also, do you have a set date and time to when you are able to do my interview Mister Rosewater?" Drake asked, nonchalantly too in matter of fact... it seemed that he cared more about wine than actually getting an interview done... something needs to fuel his unique persona.

Hael recoiled slightly as Drake's rapier touched his own sword. He nodded in passing, not given time to answer the man's question as he bounced to Mr.Rosewater. Hael sheathed his sword under his jacket, sliding his fingers into the pockets in the heavy material and turning to face the group. He forced his tense body to take up a relaxed position, his cheerful smile returning to his face.

Everyone was tense. Eager to get started and unsure in this uncharted territory. He considered asking questions but decided against it. He wanted to move on. If he had question's he'd ask later. Drake announced his strange question about wine and quietly, in the corner of his mind, he hopped the answer was yes. Though he preferred something stronger than wine. Something with more fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back