Roses Are Red (Zhia x Aidou)

Shayne laid on his bed and sighed. His life had never been easy but how had it suddenly gotten so bad? He'd killed someone and kidnapped a girl. Things couldn't possibly get worse, especially now that they were snowed in. He looked up at the ceiling wondering how his dad and brothers were doing. Had they been attacked last night too? It made him worry.

Shayne felt sort of bad for kidnapping Malia. At the moment he thought it would've been the best thing to do but now that he was clear headed it seemed so wrong. It really made him want to hate himself. Though knowing apologizing probably wouldn't make difference in this case, Shayne still felt like he should. He got up in walked in the other room finding Malia. He went and sat next to her, it was quiet for a moment. He wasn't quite sure how to say it.

Malia looked up when Shayne walked over and sat next to her. She glanced at him, waiting for him to speak. He didn't. She frowned.

"If you're going to say something, then just say it." Malia said. She felt kind of awkward just sitting there next to the guy who had kidnapped her.... Heck, he hasn't even apologized for it! How rude. Malia thought. It wasn't even my fault. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ugh.. I wonder if Rachel is worried that I'm gone. Rachel was her roommate, and she assumed that the other girl at least had a thought about her. Rachel was at the party too, and they had their friend Sam as the chaperone since both knew they would probably get drunk. Speaking of drunk... I have one killer hangover. It's no wonder I'm in such a grumpy mood this morning. I should try not to snap at Shayne, I don't want to make him mad.

Shayne sighed but didn't say anything for a moment. He wondered if he should just forget about apologizing. It wasn't like she'd forgive anyways. But just as he was about to get up his conscience started bugging him with guilt and shame again. "I-I'm sorry.." He mumbled softly looking at the ground. He wanted to cringe, waiting for her response. She'd probably yell at him or just ignore it. She'd probably think he didn't mean it. Shayne did mean it though. He was honestly sorry about kidnapping her and there wasn't much besides apologizing that he could do to make it up to her

Malia gave him a quizzical look. "Sorry... For kidnapping me?" No crap, what else would he be apologizing for? She ignored the snide voice in her head. "Well.. If you're serious it's not okay because you can't just forgive someone for kidnapping you and keeping you there, willingly or not. But... Thanks for the apology still." She said, glad that he had said it, although she wasn't ready to forgive him. "I mean the fact that you apologized means maybe I could eventually forgive you. But it's not like we'd really see each other after we go our separate ways when this snow melts, so I guess that doesn't matter then." Malia shrugged.

Shayne glanced over at her. She was right of course, it didn't matter to much if he'd apologized. Perhaps he shouldn't have bothered. Still, even though she hadn't really forgave him he felt better now that he'd at least told her he was sorry. He sighed and leaned back looking over at the wall. An awkward and slightly tense silence filled the air, making it just a little comfortable in the room. Shayne tried to think of more to say and when he couldn't, considered leaving the room but didn't.

Malia frowned when Shayne didn't say anything. As the seconds ticked by, their silence grew longer and more awkward. "So..." Malia started, trying to break the awkwardness of the silenced. "Why exactly did you kill that guy?" Wow, great going! This is how you end an awkward silence? You suck at this. "I mean you don't really look like someone who would kill someone else." She said, trying to make it less strange of a question. "So why? Did he do something to you in the past or something?"

Shayne glanced over at her then back at the wall. He was trying to think of a way to avoid the question because he was still having trouble understanding why he did it. "I..I didn't mean to.." He mumbled softly. "My family...is greatly indebted to a loan shark right now and we are running out of time to pay them back. That guy was just a thug they sent as a reminder.." He figured he might as well just go with the truth. It was easier than trying to make up some other reason. *Why am I telling her all this?* he wondered to himself. *It's not like she really cares..*

Malia tilted her head in confusion, trying to understand. "Your family is indebted to a loan shark? That sucks... So they've ben sending reminders like him, I assume? But why did you kill him? I mean he probably wouldn't have killed you, just roughed you up a bit..." She paused. "Did you think he was going to kill you? I remember seeing a bat lying near the two of you, he was carrying it, wasn't he?" She cringed at the thought of getting hit in the head by one of those metal bats. She might not be desperate enough to do what he did, but of course she wouldn't know since she wasn't in his situation. "No offense.. But if you knew that could happen, why were you out that late at night?" She asked him.

Ignoring her first couple of questions, he sighed. He'd smirked at the "he probably wouldn't have killed you, just roughed you up a bit". Yeah, because that was just so much better. Thinking a little on her last question he sighed again. "I was coming back home from visiting my brothers and my father. I guess I could've just stayed..I should have..I guess I just hoped nothing would happen."

Malia sighed. "Well it wasn't your fault I guess. Though no offense, but I'm still not exactly happy to be stuck in your house with you until this snow clears up." She tapped her fingers on the side of the couch, a nervous habit of hers, as she thought of what to say. "So... Do you have a job? I hope you have a high-paying one, otherwise you'll never be able to pay those people off." She said, not meaning to be insensitive but simply staying the facts.

Shayne looked over at her curiously, wondering why she was asking him so many questions. "Do you always ask your kidnappers this many questions?" He said chuckling a bit. Still, he decided he'd answer her question. "I'm a mechanic at a small shop just a couple blocks down..Not exactly high paying but it's still something." He was sort of curious to ask her some things too but just didn't quite feel like it. "What were you doing back in the alley anyways?" He said curiously, it wasn't like people normally went back there.

Malia blushed slightly. Was it weird that she was asking so many questions. "Well I've never exactly been kidnapped before, so I guess so." She said. "Plus, I'm bored. And when I'm bored I was to learn things, whether they'll be useful to me or not." She nodded, a mechanic was still something. "I was in that back alley because people wanted to see if it was still snowing out, so I did. And it obviously was." She laughed, it as snowed enough all night for them to be trapped inside.

Shayne smiled a little, glad the tension between them finally seemed to be to be disappearing a little. "I wonder when the snow will melt.." He mumbled thinking a bit. It seemed pretty solid earlier, like it might take a few days. In a way he didn't want it to melt too quickly because he sort of liked having her there. It was nice to have someone to talk to. But he knew the snow would melt eventually and they'd go their separate ways.

"Hmm.. Well it was rock solid, it'll probably take a few days to melt enough to even get outside, maybe a week or two to be completely gone if it doesn't snow again." Malia said, sighing to herself. She would probably need to make up a lot of school work after this. "So I guess you're stuck with me and my annoying questions until then." She told Shayne, smiling. He really wasn't that bad at all, it was too bad they didn't know each other by some other way than an accidental kidnapping.

Shayne laughed a little. "Ask whatever you want then, at least I won't be bored." He told her. He hadn't really minded her questions too much to begin with, they were just unexpected. It as almost hard to believe e'd kidnapped her yesterday,now that they were sitting here talking like friends. Perhaps they would become friends, Shayne kind of hoped they did. But then he remembered he was a killer. Who would want to be firends with a killer? She'd probably turn him in once she got the chance to leave.

Malia smiled. "Ask whatever I want? Word of advice, never tell that to anyone. They could think about some pretty bad things to ask." She told him. "Of course I'm not a meanie so I won't ask that bad of questions. What's your favorite primary color? Favorite fish? What are you normally doing at 5:00 PM on Saturdays? Have you ever gotten your hair dyed? Do you need glasses or contacts? What grade did you get in your math class in sixth grade? Do you have a girlfriend? Have you ever had a girlfriend?" She paused her stream of questions. "No offense on that last one." She said, not meaning to imply that he wasn't girlfriend material or anything.

Shayne simply laughed as he tried to think of answers to all the questions. "Let's see..Blue is my favorite primary color..Um I don't really have a favorite fish..5 pm on a saturday..I'm usually at work or visiting my brother.." He paused trying to remember what the other questions were. "I've never dyed my hair and have never needed contacts..I don't remember my math grade from 6th grade and..I don't have a girlfriend right now, but I've had one before." He smiled a bit. He hadn't realize she'd really ask so many questions but it was alright. It felt odd spilling mall of this information to her though.

Malia was surprised, but she smiled. "Wow, I didn't really expect you to answer all of those." She said. "I asked some pretty random questions. Since you answered them I guess I will, too. Blue is also my favorite primary color, my favorite fish is the flying fish, at 5 PM on Saturday usually I'm out somewhere with my friends or in my dorm. I've never dyed my hair or needed contacts either, my math grade from 6th grade was an A, and I'm not dating anyone right now but I used to be." She took a deep breath, having said all that quickly. "Hmm.. Well since I know you'll answer random questions I don't know what to ask you. How about this: What's the weirdest thing about yourself? Is there something particularly interesting you do or know about?" She asked, always curious.

Shayne smiled, they seemed to have a lot in common even if most of it was just random facts. He thought for a minute on the question. "I don't know..I don't think there's anything too unusual about me.." He said. Not having the opportunities other kids did growing up he didn't ever really explore any possible interests. There had been very little he was good at so he never bothered and as he got older he started focusing more on earning money.

Malia frowned. "Oh come on, there's something unusual about everyone." She said. "Like me. There are a lot of unusual things about me. One being that I ask so many questions and am pretty straightforward. Most people find it annoying, so I guess you could count it as strange that I don't." She smiled. "Another strange thing is that I like math. Everyone seems to hate it, but I think it's easy and I like it."'she shrugged, swinging her legs off the edge of the couch.

Shayne laughed a little. This girl sure did know how to talk. He tried to think of something unusual about him but still couldn't think of much. He shrugged. "I really can't think of much.. I mean, I guess, I taught myself how to fight. If that counts." Most "unusual" things about him were part of his background of growing up so poor. But he didn't want her taking pity on him so he didn't plan on telling her any of that. He sighed.

Malia nodded, smiling. "That does count as strange, I guess. I don't know many people who can fight, much less teach it to themselves. It's cool that you know how to fight." She remembered last night. Of course he knows how to fight well, he killed that guy in the alley because he could fight so good! Malia tried not to think about that, then yawned. She was still tired, she hadn't gotten a very restful sleep last night. "So, what do you do for fun around here?" Malia asked Shayne.

Shayne shrugged. Fun? He hadn't had much fun since he was a little kid. He didn't have the time or money to do anything fun really. "I'm not exactly an interesting person..I don't do much that's fun. I guess I have a few books and stuff for entertainment though." He said and laughed a bit. "I'm pretty pathetic aren't I?" The more he thought about the more he realized how pitiful his life really was. It was a bit frustrating he hadn't realized it till now.

Malia frowned slightly. "Well... No offense, but yeah, you are kind of pathetic." She said truthfully. Then she grinned. "I know! While I'm here I can make you a fun person!" She said. "I mean I have nothing else to do, and you don't really have anything to do either... Do you have a pencil and some paper I can borrow? We need to make a list." She said, smiling. This would be fun, she could turn Shayne into a fun guy! Maybe then he'd actually have a girlfriend. I mean he looks attractive enough to get one, he just needs to be a bit more fun.

Shayne laughed a bit. Make him into a fun guy? Yeah, like that could happen. But still he went along with it. Brushing his hair out of his face he stood up and went to get a pencil and a piece of paper. He came back and gave it to her. "So, how do you exactly plan to make me more 'fun'?" He asked smiling a bit. This was actually pretty amusing, he wondered what she could be thinking since it wasn't like there was much they could do there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back