• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rondo Cafe {Closed}

loachina

my duty is to be by your side ❤️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
{A thread for me and Missy_Ellie Missy_Ellie }

The tall woman was making her way around the tables in a local coffee shop. Cold rain outside caused people to look for a cozy shelter and find their little, warm-toned place. Sweet lingering aroma, a blanket for every table and certainly the heating system were doing their job.
There were some of the usuals, one-timers, couples already making plans to come here back sometime.
She stopped to check on a newcomer, smartly looking man, who seemed busy scribbling something on a big piece of paper. Chiara caught a glimpse of a neat drawing.
"Are you good? Need anything else?"

The man decided to come to the cafe instead of going home after work as he knew he would actually get some work done. He had passed this particular cafe every day on his way to work but just never bothered to stop by.
He continued drawing for a couple seconds before finally looking up. He had heard the woman, he was sure he had, just didn’t acknowledge it. Once he looked up he sighed a little but smiled “Another one of those muffins would be great thanks. Those things are really good.”

Chiara hugged her tray, as she studied the paper for a few more seconds. She smiled cheerfully and fixed her posture.
"Alright, I'll be back in no time" She responded and in three steps she was already behind the counter. Chiara put the pastry carefully on a small plate, glancing at the man occasionally. He didn't seem like someone who would be interested in coming here, yet somehow here he was. He looked professional, even kind of teacher-like, but he still had a sympathetic face.
She made her way back and placed the plate before him.
"There you go! Do you mind me asking how long does it to make such a detailed and careful illustration?" She asked, a spark of curiosity dancing in her eyes. "Ages, probably"

Benjamin went back to drawing, wanting to get it finished that day. But he kept looking up at her every so often. She seemed like the kind of person who loved everyone. He knew this was impossible but she didn’t seem to have an ounce of wrong in her, but that could just be an act that comes with the job. He looked back down at his drawing embarrassed to be judging someone based on their appearance. He knew he shouldn’t but it was just a habit of his. A bad one at that.
He looked up as he heard her approaching him with a small smile on his face. He looked down at the muffin, satisfied, and then back up at her, surprised by her intrest. He chuckled a little, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck “Thanks but this is actually just a rough sketch. I usually do these to plan out how I then want to paint it on a canvas. I’ve actually done this in the time I’ve been here. Which is about...” he paused for a second to check his watch “Oh it’s been an hour” he said somewhat surprised. He realised he had been rambling and probably mentioned more than she cared to hear.

The girl frowned. She was never the type to be good with arts, barely being able to neatly draw basic shapes. Pencil just didn't belong in her hand, no matter how much she tried.
"Only and hour? Practice makes perfect, they say, but you surely don't lack talent. Take your time, drop by next time to show off once you finish"
Chiara made one more round around the shop and settled behind the bar, quickly stuffing her face with cold food brought from home. Five minutes won't do customers any harm, right?

Benjamin smiled brightly at this appreciation. He rarely showed people his artwork. Especially before it was finished and perfected. “I definitely will. This place is perfect.” He once again watched her walking away before taking a bite out of the muffin. He slouched in his chair a little, enjoying the peaceful energy of this cafe. It was busy there was no denying that, but it was a nice busy. Benjamin sat a while half thinking of what to add to the drawing but more just people watching. Another one of his favourite pastimes.

Chiara glanced at the clock. It's just four hours 'till they're closing, she's going to make it. "C'mon, you can do it" She mumbled to herself, trying to push away the thought of lying down and doing nothing when she comes home.
The woman moved between the tables with lightness in her step and a polite smile glued to her face. That one almost hurt, especially when dealing with difficult guests. Now and then, she slowed down to catch a glimpse of work of the certain man.
Some time later she found herself sweeping the floor in a quiet now place. Chiara closed her eyes and sighed in a tired manner, picking up an automatic pencil.
"Wake up, we're closing, sir" She said, tapping the man on his shoulder. "You should probably go now"

Benjamin’s knee he had stayed way longer than he usually did and definitely more than he planned to. But he would never have thought he’d be here until the point he had to be kicked out.

He groaned a little as he slowly woke up, until he finally realised what she had just said. His head shot up and he checked his watch. He blushed a little and began gathering his stuff into his bag as quickly as he could “I am so sorry, I just completely lost track of time...clearly.” He began making his way to the door but before he left he turned around and flashed a quick smile at her.
As he stepped outside the wind slapped him in the face. He sighed a little, wishing he was still in the cosy cafe.

"You're more than welcome to visit tomorrow" Chiara responded, smiling back and fixing her slightly greasy hair. She finished cleaning quickly and wrapped in two more layers returned home, catching herself thinking if the guy will show up the next day.
Almost missing her bus stop, the girl managed to get to her flat safely. Well, now the time has finally come, the sweet taste of laziness and lack of things to do! Night in sounded like salvation to her.

Benjamin barely remembered his walk home as he was so caught up in his thoughts about how he was going to start this painting. He thought about the colours and the sizes and every little detail he had planned out previously.

Once he got home he set up some soft music in the background and began setting up to paint. He knew he’d be up most of the night painting as once he got started on a project he wouldn’t stop, so he prepared some snacks and drinks beforehand. To him this was relaxing, this was what he did to wind down after a day at work. And he loved it.

Chiara woke up around midnight, finding herself wrapped in blankets on the couch and looking like absolute mess. Smudged mascara, dressed in sweatpants and a sweater, she decided to go catch some air and take a walk in the streets. She grabbed keys and made her way out of the block. Chiara walked with not much grace, not paying attention to her posture nor the way she took steps. Who would care anyway?
Taking a few turns, she was already able to hear music and people. Yes, despite the time, this place was always lively.
“I guess, the city never sleeps, huh?” She said to herself, diving her hand in the local fountain as she stopped there for a while.

Benjamin could hear the hustle and bustle outside but he was used to it by now. He’d feel almost lonely without that noise. He continued painting through most of the night until he could barely hold the paintbrush.

He stepped back to admire his work but was disappointed. He just couldn’t manage to get the background to look right. Rather than trying to fix it he decided to just leave it as that, he would still bring it in the next day..well it was the same day by now... but he’d just have to explain the problem to her.

When she was slowly starting to fall asleep standing, Chiara thought it would be the time to go back. She wondered if the man would show up tomorrow... she certainly would be quite disappointed if he didn't. She bit her fingernail. Interesting one, that one.
She eventually was back and went straight to the bed, as the next day she was going to be the one to open. Chiara fell asleep with no problem.
In the morning, her alarm clock brutally reminded her of it being only the middle of the week.
She came to the cafe almost running. "Two minutes before the opening time. New record I believe" She mumbled to herself as she turned the keys in the lock. Chiara switched on the lights and slowly was setting everything up.

Benjamin fell asleep almost straight away. Quite literally as soon as his head hit the pillow. He fell asleep thinking about his day tomorrow. He was nervous, he’d never shown anyone his artwork, he always just collected them around his house.

The next morning he groaned as his alarm went off. He didn’t even have to go to work early today. Luckily he got to miss the morning due to some managers meeting that was going on. He planned on going back to the cafe and spending his morning there, he was really looking forward to see her reaction.

Brown haired girl seemed a little uneasy in the morning, constantly looking through the glass door and obviously observing everyone that walked in. She felt kind of dumb for behaving like that, but one always looks forward to break out of his routine. In the corner of her mind was an unfriendly voice suggesting that she's waiting for nothing and nothing special is going to happen to her. Usually, she would quickly manage to silence the voice, but today it was especially hard.
When her prayers where finally heard and she saw the man with a big piece of paper rolled in his hands, she smiled brightly and waved at him.
"Welcome back!"

His face instantly lit up once he saw her, he wasn’t sure he’d find her again, atleast maybe not that day. Although it did make sense she was working again since it was such a mall cafe. He took long strides towards her smiling, wth the roll of paper tucked under his arm.

“I did say I would come back! I’ve just about finished what I started yesterday but it’s a little rushed I’ll be honest” he rambled as he began unrolling the paper, excited to share his work. He held the paper up a couple seconds and then suddenly got shy, this was the first time he was properly showing someone his work. What would the girl think? He should have worked on it longer he thought to himself.

Chiara examined the artwork carefully. She was not an expert, only things she did better than other things was making coffee and procrastinating.
"I could see this one hanging here" She said after a little while. "Don't know if this was intentional, but I think it suits the loud atmosphere of this place" Chiara laughed and crossed her arms. "I'm sorry for not providing any constructive criticism, you're not asking the right person. What I can say, is that I like it and I feel like I could lose the track of time if I looked at it too long. In a mood for trying something else than yesterday from our menu?"

He bit his lips anxiously waiting for her reaction. He couldn’t help but stare at her as she looked at his artwork. She almost showed no emotion so it was hard to tell what she thought.
“Here? You can totally have it, I’d love that.” Benjamin smiles brightly. He listened intently to her comments. “I see what you mean, I didn’t mean for that to happen but must have inspired me without me realising” He rolled up the artwork and handed it to her “Your pick, what’s your favourite thing on the menu?”

Brunette accepted the roll happily. She was already sure, that she's going to cherish that piece more than the posters currenty hanging at her workplace. "I love americana with mint syrup. Quite refreshing, but warms the heart" She said winking at him. "Take a seat, I'll make it for you".
Chiara disappeared behind the counter and vigorously started to brew fresh coffee. When she came back to the table, she placed the cup carefully before him. "Oh, I don't think I properly introduced myself, I'm Chiara Callasco"

He chuckled a little at her wink “That sounds great. Almost like you’re describing this place” he said gesturing to the cafe as he looked around, nodding in appreciation. Benjamin formally stuck out his hand “I’m Benjamin Groves, but Ben or Benji works too. It’s a pleasure to meet you Chiara” he smiled brightly up at her as he shook her hand.

He turned to the drink and took a slow sip. He sat back in his chair, smirking a little “You’ve got good taste, this is actually really good. And I’m not a fan of mint”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back