• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Romance Rp Partner Needed

EveningWillow

She was always quiet, even before the Incident, she chose to keep to herself. That is not to say that she was shy, or really even introverted, but silence meant more to her than words did. She followed the rules and never got into any trouble, and although her grades weren't spectacular - they did turn heads in awe. However, that all slowly changed around her sixteenth birthday; slowly rebelling more and keeping to her room when she wasn't out partying. At first, people just assumed that it was teenage phases that she was finally going through like every normal person, but after her mother found some books in her room that referenced magic - they realized that what was happening was much darker. She had learned on her own that she was a Practitioner, a person with the ability/tendency towards practicing magic. Her parents finally told her the truth, that she comes from a long line of Practitioners, in fact her own father is considered a Magician - a term given to the group of the most powerful Practitioners. After that, she cut her family out of her life, going to college far from where she grew up. That is what leads up to present day, she is twenty years old now and in the middle of her studies, in New York while on spring break, when she suddenly comes upon a hidden university called Brakebills. She gets tested and earns her spot in the prestigious university to be trained in her magic, and by the end of the year, she has to be chosen by one of the following groups depending on the magic that she is most suited for: physical (the ability to manipulate matter), natural (aptitude to manipulate the elements), illusion (ability to create and manipulate vivid delusions), knowledge (the abilities held by magical scholars), healing (aptitude to heal others and yourself through magic), and finally psychic (clairvoyant abilities). In her first few weeks she meets YC, a man a year or two above her who holds many secrets and who contains the fascination of every practitioner in the university. They call him a Starling, someone so gifted that he has more than one aptitude - although which two or three he does hold varies depending on gossip. As she tries her best to avoid him, he seems to be placed around her by others more and more, leading up to him finding out her deepest secret - she's a Starling to, with possibly more secrets than him.
Did you like my story idea? Great! Here are some rules.
1. I am looking for a male partner, frankly, if you are female but can write male really well then I don't care.
2. Be ready to write a very well rounded character with many flaws and strengths.
3. Although he is secretive, don't overdo it, like his middle name shouldn't be some big secret too
4. Although he is a Starling, don't make him over powerful. Remember that he is still a student with many weaknesses and things to learn
5. I want detail, I am talking 2+ paragraphs a post
6. Make me proud with your grammar please. The occasional slip up in a post is whatever but don't make your posts hard to tolerate.
7. This is based loosely on The Magicians, but the university, hand magic, and disciplines is where it ends. Don't have a character with the same name as one of the characters in the show/book series
8. I am looking to either have this in One x One or in PM, up to you
9. If there is a LOT of interest, I may make this a group role play.

Name: Jade Joy Pierce
Nickname: Joy (only from her parents, not liked) JJ (some friends), Jade (preferred)
Birthday: December 22nd, 1996
Zodiacs: Capricorn, year of the Rat
Sexuality: Bisexual
Species: Practitioner - Starling
Personality: Jade is stubborn, kind and resourceful. She is extremely intelligent and fast thinking, although her stubborn nature may lead others that don't know her as well to seeing her as stuck up and mean. When someone gets under her skin they find that she is extremely kind and even sensitive to the feelings of others. She wants the best for the people that deserve it and will stop at nothing to bring justice to those that don't deserve happiness. She is quiet, but not because of shyness and will stick up for others and herself in the battles that she carefully chooses.
Discipline(s) (UP TO THREE TOPS): Unknown at the moment - later learns that they are Physical, Natural and Psychic
Year: First
Specialty in the Discipline(s) (ONE EACH ONLY although they are capable of any magic inside the discipline, this is the one that they excel at): Physical - Telekineses, Natural - Water, Psychic - Empathy
Tattoos/Scars/Piercings: Tattoos - 2, one of wings on her shoulder blades and the other is a Gardenia flower over her hear; Scars - a few on her wrists from self harm, one under her chin, one along her spine from between her shoulder blades to the small of her back; Piercings - 7, two pairs of lobe piercings, one pair of cartilage and a belly button piercing
Image (REALISTIC):
tumblr_mh7f7qayaQ1raejtro1_250.gif

Other:

Name:
Nickname:
Birthday:
Zodiacs:
Species:
Personality:
Discipline(s) (UP TO THREE TOPS):
Year (there are five):
Specialty in the Discipline(s) (ONE EACH):