• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Romance in VR?

a r i e s

sadboy
Heya I'm Luth!

CST | Full time worker | Male identified | 24

Requirements
+18 or older [I'm 24]
+Must double [I would prefer to main as MxM, but willing to play whatever for your main]
+Patient [I work full-time]
+Go with the flow
+Semi-lit [The amount of writing should be based on the scene]
+No one-liners

Plot
A romance RP set in a VR setting so that it could provide a good balance of fantasy [maybe an MMORPG?] and slice-of-life. Our characters would meet in-game, and maybe the mystery of who the person behind the screen can be slowly revealed. Ideally, I'd like it if our characters were young adults [the older the better tbh I'm no college kid] Besides that, I'm open to what other elements the plot could progress towards.

If you have any preference on where it takes place, lmk! Feel free to shoot me a PM on here :)

Here's a sample of my writing and a possible intro:
It was nearly midnight as Touma made his way home from work. This was one of the rare nights he didn't go for drinks with his boss afterwards. As he approached his 1 bedroom apartment, he could see the window to his brother's room was faintly glowing blue. This wasn't usual, but did remind him that a greatly anticipated game had been released today. He didn't bother calling for Masaru upon coming home, knowing he probably couldn't hear him, and instead put away the leftover ramen he'd been sent home with. As per usual, he cracked open a can of beer and settled in front of the TV. He'd heard the game was released both for PC and gaming systems together, and supposed there was no reason he couldn't check it out as well. Luckily enough, his cute younger brother had procured a copy for him and left it on the coffee table. As the game patched he felt himself getting excited. Though the game had earned rave reviews for it's revolutionary graphics and mechanics, he was most interested in it's robust cooking system. He hadn't ever considered inheriting a ramen restaurant before applying there as a cook, but after a few years he found himself in a position only under the boss. Of course he was grateful, it paid the bills and introduced him to the world of culinary arts, but he had to admit making ramen all day could be a little dull. His fingers tapped at the controls anxiously before it was finally ready to play. Immediately he was met with a character creation screen. He tilted his head thoughtfully. This part of games wasn't particularly interesting to him, and unfortunately it did not have any preset characters to choose from. It did, however, have the option to enable facial recognition. Touma opted for that, not much caring how he looked in the game. After a short loading screen he was transported to what looked to be an open courtyard. It was lined with buildings and shops dotted with what he guessed to be quest markers. Others were dressed in similar starting clothes and armor, chatting and acquainting themselves with the mechanics. Touma scanned the shops in hopes to find a cooking guild or something of the like when he was distracted by a crowd of male players circled around something.

---

Masaru clicked wildly at his mouse, finishing up the final touches for his character for the 5th time today. The more he sculpted her, the more he grew dissatisfied. The voice of his editor nagged away at the back of his mind, telling him he had an unhealthy obsession with making beautiful girls. Masaru didn't even like girls that way, and yet he can't stop himself. Every new girl character he drew had to have some kind of charm, to which his editor says is the reason he has yet to score a serialization creating shojou manga. In return, Masaru would say asking him to create dull female characters is like asking Picasso not to paint Mona Lisa. At least in this game his talents would be appreciated.

Finally he was satisfied. The character he created was the perfect balance of cute and sexy. He was sure no male character, or female for that matter, could stop themselves from pausing to stare at her beauty. Without even stopping to consider that he'd have to play as a girl, he moved passed the character creation screen and entered the starting area. He was stunned upon reaching the grand plaza. A breeze rushed past him, rustling through his hair and clothes. More amazing was that he felt it. Of course, this was one of the reasons it was praised and rated so highly, but it was another thing to actually experience it. If he didn't know better he'd assume he'd actually gone there himself. He smoothed the fabric of his dress, feeling the texture of it in surprising detail against his palms.
"Wow..." he remarked, and was astonished to hear his voice. It was sweet and clear. He then remembered he had chosen it during the character customization. Still reeling from all these new sensations, he hadn't noticed that he'd become a spectacle for an increasing crowd of male players.

"Are you really a girl?" one asked, eyeing him down suspiciously.
"There's no way to find out for sure." another said.

He watched them with the same level of skepticism. More than one had the body of an Olympic god, some with pointed ears, and others who could be models. Either Masaru had died and gone to heaven, or the players behind this avatars were just plain dudes like him.

"Are you my fans?" his character chided softly and struck a cute pose "As you can see by my username, my name is Miyu-chan~"

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this, as long as it doesn't sound like ready player one i'm down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back