• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Rolo's Fantastic Advanced Search!

Gemma Nye

ConflictOfPinterests
Hola, it's Rola.

Welcome to my fantasy interest check.
*disclaimer: This post is no BBCode feat.
I've included some plot ideas that came to mind as well as some pairings. You will see I honestly don't mind the mixing of genres, but the idea is that RP be fantasy based, but can also include other aspects.

Just a few things before I jump into it:
I consider myself a fairly advanced roleplayer, but by no means the best. I do like RPs on the lengthier side and will write multiple paragraphs. I ask that anyone interested in writing with me have a like mind and can meet my length (4+paras-1400-1600words). Casual RPs are fine, but I prefer detail. If you have a question as to if our writing lengths match, you are welcome to submit a sample to me in PM via spoiler.
I prefer RPs in threads and I do not RP in PM. I will, however, write in Google Docs or something as such, if you desire. Any other locations you're welcome to suggest.
I do not have an age restriction, but I honestly prefer my partners be 18+, as I am of college age and can in general communicate with someone at least at that point in their life. I do not write romance with partners under 18.
I usually write female and I don't really care what you choose, regardless of subgenre (romance, action, etc). I can write male, and sometimes do, but overall, I've spent a lot of my writing career broadening my horizons and I just find I like writing female better. I'll reiterate that (unless a plot requires mxf) I do not have a preference as to the gender of your character. I'm perfectly fine with a fxf.
I have no exact limitations on the depth of the genre so an involved romantic relationship is fine, but, and see just below, I have general limitations for matters that are more sensitive.
I'm not going to list out topics unanimously considered to be triggering, just use common sense. No detailed abuse, I'd prefer none at all unless they were in a spat. No need for excessive violence (killing just bc isn't cyoot, y'all.) Really just ask at any point, before or during an RP, if you even think it could be going to far. Because I'll honestly let you know and be much happier because you asked before just doing it.
My availability is pretty much during the week. I am usually busy on weekends, and can be seen responding to PMs. I don't respect multiple replies a day, as I'm not really able to do so. I answer in the order received, but in general, you should get a response within two days. I will let you know if things are moving slowly!
It sucks to have this on here, but I'll keep it simple. Let me know when you will be taking longer than normal to reply. It's okay. Shoot me a PM when you know it's going to take you a while and I won't have to pester you. Inversely, I'm not going to pester you. I'll send a PM to check on you (bc I care), but I can't assume you're just busy with life or leaving me on read. So if I don't hear from you, after so long, I will respectfully withdraw from the RP.
It goes without saying I will reciprocate the notification.

Whew. That said. I promise I'm laid back lol.
Below are pairings I've thought of as well as plots centered around some fantasy OCs where I need an accompanying character! I've marked the roles I'd be most interested in (for pairings and non-OC plots).
Your ideas are welcome!

witch x human/witch
Mag x mag/non-mag
Humans in a fantasy dimension
Merpeople
Hunter x prey
Vampire x human/vampire
the only human among supernatural creatures
owner x servant
Loathing You
Muses A and B hate each other. They couldn't be more opposite, but their futures depend on working together. Assuming they don't kill each other first.

A Familiar, But Not Familiar
Muse A is a member of the royal family. By right, their bloodline allows them to select a familiar. Traditionally chosen from a family of mages, Muse A decides to ensnare the nefarious Muse B as their protector. Muse B is bound, as any being captured and enchanted must be for all eternity, but is not keen on being a servant. Muse A figures the stories about Muse B couldn't be all that true, right?

Cursed
Muse A lives a harsh and cursed life. Meeting Muse B has ebbed the crushing tides Muse A feels just with the companionship, but no matter how much they try, the shadow of their eventuality looms over them. Muse B pledges to help break the curse, but what can a lowly human do?

Frenemies
Muses A and B once knew each other very well. As rivals in their training, the two were not known to get along or to have hit it off well in the first place. Their years together were fraught with feuding and battling to see who was best, but upon graduation, Muse B suddenly changes and drops off the radar.
Some years pass and the two run into each other. Both have changed and evolved since last seeing each other, but Muse A just can't seem to put their finger on what's just so different about Muse B...

Not So Imaginary
For as long as Muse A could remember, they always felt like there was someone watching over their shoulder. As a child, they often played with this imaginary friend and drew a slew of pictures of their invisible pal. Muse A was discouraged from having such an active imagination and slowly grew away from basking in a world of creativity.
It isn't until some time later with Muse A living on their own they begin to experience weird things happening in their apartment. They assume it's just some weird occurrence or maybe even a ghost, but they don't believe in those, either. Never in a million years did Muse A expect that their friend from so long ago, Muse B, is actually real and comes with some quirks of their own.
It was like the fabled Little Mermaid story, except Yara was not Ariel and she didn’t have a happy beginning. It didn’t look like she’d be having a happy ending, either. Yara is slave to a sea witch and seeks refuge on land for the majority of her days. The sea witch is shrewd and knows a mermaid’s powers and abilities are strongest when the moon is most full, heightened on the night of the full moon itself. She allows Yara freedom to go wherever she pleases, so long as she is back to the expansive caverns with more treasure by the setting of each full moon. This arrangement has gone on for years and Yara grows listlessly accustomed to the treatment. She meets Character B, a land walker with far too much interest in her, not even knowing she couldn’t tell them what she was even if she tried. But Character B is persistent in obtaining Yara’s favor, trying to understand the evasive girl. What bothered them most was how she hardly ever went out and seemed to disappear at least once a month for a few days.

One month, around a full moon, Yara had become visibly distraught, stressed out over something Character B couldn’t even begin to guess. They happen to catch sight of Yara in town, headed toward the pier in a hurry. She had a small bag with her and it looked like she was about to skip town again and Character B decides to confront them. It’s time for some answers. But they arrive to the pier only to see Yara get into a boat and start it up, driving off toward a small offshore island out in the ocean sparkling under the setting sun. Character B, now immensely worried about her strange behavior, purchases a small speedboat to follow her, keeping a safe enough distance so they don’t alert her.

The island is much more expansive than Char B thought and they wind up scaling caves just to go after the girl and talk some sense into her. Or make some sense out of her. They weren’t entirely sure. They hear voices, only one of them being Yara’s. She sounded distressed, even though Character B couldn’t make out exactly what words were being said. Now someone speaking in tongues? Maybe B was just too far to make out words so their brain was trying to come up with any semblance of word structure. Character B, while hiding around the corner, feels the rock walls begin to vibrate and a bright light floods the caverns. Then comes a weird sensation, warming and calming and soft, like silk brushing along their skin. It only lasts for a moment and the sensation becomes immensely uncomfortable, like their skin was now crawling with bugs with needle points for legs. The caves suddenly become so stifling and Character B feels like they are gasping for air. They evacuate out into the entrance to the cave and try to take a full breath. Their vision blurs and they become feverish within minutes.

The last thing they remember is stumbling back to toward the boat to drive back to main land so they can be treated. Character B trips over their own feet and tries to lean on a tree for support while the world spins around them. They hear their name, a panicked voice as small hands press to their face, checking for consciousness.

And then it was all black.
>>>Yara Mayfair <<<
Kliou emerged in Central Park, immediately overloaded with the sheer volume of stimuli. Cars honking. Engines whirring. Movement everywhere. She tries to run from it all, only receiving weird looks for a couple of people just from her attire, let alone the way she looks. She runs into Character B, an average human, which she has seen before, just not someone that isn’t from ancient Egypt. They are taken aback by Kliou’s appearance, but can tell that she is out of her element and clearly not from here. They attempt to coax Kliou from her hiding spot and take them back to their apartment so that she is out of the public eye.

She speaks no English, and can only mime (whatever translates between thousands of years of separation) and make gestures. But she is able to inform Character B she isn’t malicious and is very, very far from home right now. And as far as Character B can tell, she most likely isn’t even from this time period and they are starting to wonder if they are even in the same dimension. But why could she have been here in New York, of all places? Dressed like that, no less, with winter very nearly in full effect. Character B could possibly be inordinately concerned, but they couldn’t just abandon Kliou…

In trying to figure out what she was there in New York for, she motions to the solid gold ankh hanging from her neck. A jewel, affixed in the cross of the ankh where the loop meets the stem, was cracked. She was searching for a jewel she was able to track to somewhere in the state, and somehow wound up in Character B’s time.
Character B inspects the ankh, being rather handy themselves, and the metal reacts to their touch, unintentionally creating a link between the two.

“Please. Be careful,” She speaks, pulling away shyly and rather unsure. “This is very important and I cannot afford to fail. Life as any of us know it is in grave danger.”
>>>Kliou<<<
As one of the strongest inborn magicians to be born into the Vangardes in centuries, Lilla faced a great deal of pressure to live up to the name. Though she was born sickly and advised that she may not be able to fully wield her powers, her parents urged her right into magician training. Upon Ascension, though, their fears were realized and her inborn magic engulfed her weakened body. She was unable to gain control of its entirety when the seal was removed and as a result, she suffered greatly. The accident forces her brain to not only house her own conscience, but the conscience of the entity of her power. Unable to physically wield it and assert full dominance, she is forced to share residence with it. Lilla, by nature, is shy and can be fairly quiet. But the other side of Lilla, a personality engendered from her power when it tried to take her over, is the exact opposite, acting recklessly and sometimes unbeknownst to Lilla.

She disappears into the night in her early 20s, never to be seen again. Over the years, a malicious faction of magicians delving in the dark arts gain momentum and pose a serious threat to the future of magicians and non-magicians alike. They seek to overtake the military and control the entire country under their harsh regime.

Lilla, an "absolute loon" according to her family, remains at large as the threat becomes more serious over the coming months. The faction seeks this special magician as well to harness her powers to fuel their expeditions. They heard of her accident and know she hadn’t been killed off, so all they had to do was find her.

Interestingly enough, a brigade of magicians that protect the country set their eyes on Lilla, as well. Character B is assigned to the squad sent to search and acquire the target. They are advised that she can be highly volatile, but still remains a Vangarde and to exercise the utmost of discretion when retrieving her. The power within Lilla is an inborn magic that gained sentience. It flourishes unbiased and it is the magician’s deeds that determine whether it is good or evil. It becomes imperative that Character B reach Lilla first. If evil beats them to it, they could win that side of Lilla over and the Vangarde everyone once knew could be gone forever.
>>>Lilla Vangarde<<<
This is a general section for romance plots. It doesn't need to be a romance that for sure works out (that's up to our writing!), but these plots center around a romantic relationship.
No one under 18 will be accepted.
Bloody Humans
Muse A thought they had pegged. They were a fine piece of ass, but they were confident they could acquire it. At least, that was the bet. Muse A’s fellow Greeks challenged them to woo an unsuspecting target, though it wasn’t mandatory they sleep with them. But it’s not like they wouldn’t get brownie points if they didn’t score. And that was an okay ending for Muse A because they find B to be so incredibly alluring. Like, wow! Who knew that some random person could ignite their soul the way that B does.
It isn’t until B learns of the reason why Muse A showed so much interest in them when they would seemingly not have gotten a second glance before that A finds out that Muse B is hiding one big secret. Muse B, in their upset, grows extremely angry and almost loses control, threatening to drain Muse A dry. They retain enough humanity to back away before they really hurt Muse A, also realizing their feelings for A had become real and they both are filled with confusion and hurt in light of their recent discoveries.
Muse B is a vampire from an extremely archaic and important family, but has bartered enough freedom to attend college and get a degree and live a normal life, as they have always wanted. And they’d been doing well until Muse A came along and tried to use them to gain favor with their fraternity/sorority.
Can Muse A and Muse B get over both their big secrets, being that they were both withholding the entire time? Or will the balance of their relationship be too thrown off to recover from?

Pretty Much Dead
Muse A always searched for adventure. They thrived on it. One day, they get wind of a mysterious civilization accounted only in ancient stories that boasts of great treasure and even mythical power. More interested in venturing to the location just to say they’ve found it and gather a crew together to travel to the middle of the jungle in search for this lost city.
They stumble across ruins that appear to match the accounts in the stories told back as far as time itself and find a great deal of treasure in one of the caverns. It’s a major historical find and Muse A makes off with a memento, not really desiring to disturb the place. But the item taken is cursed and Muse A’s first night back at home is filled with terrible nightmares and they awake to their room, covered in sweat.
In the shadows, they make out a figure lurking in their room, Muse B, and fear grips the very depths of their soul. Is this some reaper come to punish them for taking an item out of its place?

This will be updated frequently! I prefer PM replies, since one will have be started, anyways, in order for us to discuss, but you are welcome to drop which pairings/plots you're interested in by responding here.

~^.^~

Last edited:
Hey! I found the characters and plots interesting, but am curious if you play FxF? If so I'd love to try and start one of these with you. ^^

I write female and have no preference as to my partner's character's gender. :) You're welcome to choose whichever gender you'd like. Did you have a preference as to which pairing or plot you were interested in?

I write female and have no preference as to my partner's character's gender. :) You're welcome to choose whichever gender you'd like. Did you have a preference as to which pairing or plot you were interested in?
The one with Yara Mayfair really intrigued me! ^^

Hello!!! Not sure if your still looking for a partner or not. ( New to this)
Totally interested in Demon x human and Witch/ Human

Users who are viewing this thread

Back