Roleplaying With OCD And Simple Curiosity

Cosmos

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧crying over fictional lesbians (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
????
????

G'day!!~

As someone who suffers from the condition OCD (Obsessive, Compulsive, Disorder.) I find roleplaying to be quite the interesting subject and in a way a relief in being able to express things and do things through playing a character that I wouldn't normally be able to do IRL at this current time, I didn't post this thread so much to talk about myself however. (Though if you have any questions about the subject feel free to ask!)

To be specific I'm curious as to wether anyone else on this site suffers from the same condition and how roleplaying helps them? Or even if there are any aspects of roleplaying that they find themselves uncomfortable with or unable to do because of it? But really I posted this to seek someone else who would understand what having the condition is like, I have amazing friends and family but I've never found someone close to me who's actually dealt with the condition and as such I'd like to be able to relate in some aspects of it. So feel free to post if so!

Also, for that one person who's just reading this because they're bored~…. Have a virtual cookie. :3
Maybe it'll distract you for a bit?~

Sometimes it's difficult because I can't think of words I would rather use, though I know something would sound better in its place. It does help in the sense of being able to tweak, and have something of my own. My own creation, made with my own hands. It helps my depression as well, giving me some sort of distraction and oasis away from the real world. A fake place I can pretend I'm in where the problems I have now, don't exist.

Sometimes it's difficult because I can't think of words I would rather use, though I know something would sound better in its place. It does help in the sense of being able to tweak, and have something of my own. My own creation, made with my own hands. It helps my depression as well, giving me some sort of distraction and oasis away from the real world. A fake place I can pretend I'm in where the problems I have now, don't exist.
I know what you mean with the words, for a while I used to have to make my characters seemingly never ending balls of sunshine not necessarily by choice (Though I do that on occasion still but now with way more character and description) just because I couldn't write anything my OCD felt was 'bad' or 'off' it was really annoying and though I'm still working on it, my characters personalities seem to have improved a lot. XD

Nice to meet you btw S salvia palth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back