Other Roleplay Gush Thread

BunnyDemon

Vileblood
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm taking this idea from another site. This is the thread where you talk about your positive experiences with roleplays or the people that you have roleplayed with. Tag people to give them a nod or just talk about what you like about the roleplays that you have been involved in.

As for me, I've been roleplaying with someone on Gaia since November. Posts have slowed down since then, but she still sends me the occasional message updating me on what's going on and she will plot and ask for my opinion before doing anything major to the plot, and when I do get a reply from her, I am extremely pleased and get excited for the RP to continue all over again. Definitely one of the best partners I've had.

Despite the past RPs I've joined all becoming inactive quite early on, most of them were positive experiences regardless. If anything, them going inactive just felt worse because they were going along pretty well.

I don't like tagging people that haven't posted in a topic, but I figure this will maybe make them also post their experiences here. It's a good refresher for me as well, and a way to show my appreciation for the RP. So, sorry for the inconvenience to those affected.

My first RP here was a Neon Genesis Evangelion one. As such, my posts may have been slightly awkward since I barely had any experience in RPing (despite reading a few RPs beforehand), but I really liked how things were going. There were 5 Children (for those unfamiliar with NGE, basically the main characters are children who pilot robots, thus they're called "first child", "second child" and so on, based on their time of recruitment), 2 veterans and 3 recruits. The recruits had a group meeting, where they introduced themselves to the others and afterwards, the captain debriefed them on what they should expect. The next morning, the 2 recruits (one player left the RP) each met with one of the veterans for the first time, and some (awkward) interaction ensued as they made their way to school. But before the class actually happened, or any fighting involving the robots started...it simply became inactive, regrettably.

Players involved : Rurnur Rurnur Cross Cross NecroKnight NecroKnight Dolores Dolores SeraphiumVirus SeraphiumVirus Vii Vii

I then got more into Attack on Titan and thus looked for RPs from that fandom. I found an ongoing one, which I just followed. It became inactive, but another one started. It was kind of chaotic, quite a few people were joining and there wasn't much of a moderation requirement, and eventually it also became inactive. I then contacted the creator of the first one, the one that I watched, and it turned out that they revived their RP, this time I joined. Unfortunately, it also went inactive due to real life mostly, but the short time I spent on it was enjoyable. The recruits were introduced in their morning training, then were led to an assembly, where they were told they'd have to go through a deadly mission to graduate. The recruits then began arguing among each other and...this is where it became inactive. It's an even bigger shame because one of the other recruits contacted me and we planned a backstory that involved both of our characters as children, and it had potential to became a very interesting/entertaining/difficult relationship, especially considering the harsh plot of Attack on Titan.

Players involved : Shandragontear Shandragontear KageYuuki KageYuuki The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye BAHBAHBABE BAHBAHBABE

Other than talking the with creator of the first Attack on Titan RP that ended up being revived, and the backstory planning with another player, I didn't interact much OOC with the other players, and thus, regrettably, I can't say I've formed strong ties with any of them. Although I still stalk some of them every now and then

Good roleplay experiences?

Well I'm on this other site that also has roleplaying and we've got two roleplays going on and one finished. And we pretty much ifnired every and all restriction there which is why it was good. we just got as silly and over the top as possible.

I don't have a lot of roleplay partners. Ha ha, I actually only have one. On another page.

We met about 6 years ago on a page which has since closed down. Started with those animal clan roleplays. I didn't really chat with her back then because I felt like she doesn't like me (Uh, don't ask me why I think that. Or thought that.). Was always excited when she posted something new, ha ha. We then exchanged skype names and we occasionally called each other, ina group with 4 others. Stuff happened, she broke up contact with her former best friend (gosh, I dunno what happened. They hate each other like crazy, so prolly something bad). One gone, so there were only 4 in the roleplaying group.
Yada yada. Side announced it closes down so our small group opened up another, very small, page and we posted all of our roleplays there.
Oh yeah, maybe important: I said "Well, another one from the page already opened up a roleplaying page and advertised it. Why don't we go there?" "Yuck no." "Uh...you do know the forum has groups where you can write roleplays without anyone besides you and your partner reading?"
Like, it was ridiculously small. The four of us and like 5 other persons I don't know. We always said we'll make the page more beautiful, especially the person who said we should roleplay there (Which was neither me nor my bestie. I'll call her L. for now). Stuff happened, no one really worked on it. L. and me opened up a god damn AWESOME multifandom zombie roleplay. Bla bla. Well, L. had an argument with K. (I wasn't there when it happened, but L. told me it was about our roleplay. That K. gave us boundaries, like noe ERP. you know, because of kids. Which...made no sense because we were all befriended and this wasn't a page which was meant to be public anyway). So we quickly swapped over to the over forum I mentioned previously and copied all of our posts over. Took some time because she's full-time working and not online every day. We quietly deleted our thread on the other page and deleted our accounts.
Since then, we have moved over and god damn are we glad we did. The other page is easy to navigate, has user-friendly colors and also changes the theme depending on the season. we were finally able to plan properly, as we opened a group for the roleplay (and other stuff, like screenshots and OC-threads). Roleplay itself, planning and ideas, even a locations-thread. Very easy to navigate. (Also we can finally write whatever we want without listening to her, nice).
We roleplay as often as we can, but again, she works full-time, so we can't write every day or week. Gosh, this roleplay is full of ridiculous shit (I actually have a scene planned where two of my characters find an empty room and one tells the other "Look, this room is full of your will to live!", while the other looks so. Annoyed and just says "This is the room of every person you have a chance in bed with." With no emotion in his voice. At all. I died laughing when I decided on that scene.). But both of us have stuff planned the other one doesn't know about. Like sudden character death and new introduction (Gosh, I am sorry but I have to kill one of mine off. Happy-go-lucky ain't fitting in a zombie apocalypse. But she's cool with that and already knows my next character, soo.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back