• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Roleplay/Dice Self-made Ruleset LFP (Fantasy/Modern)

Zetal

Completely normal, modern world. Something apocalyptic occurs, would like to avoid saying what, and the world is thrown into chaos. Has Fantasy leanings. Darkly themed, but a fairly casual format. Focuses more on player roleplaying and actions, but has a dice-based stat background to enforce realism and make it easier to keep track of a players particular talents.

I have two players already, will need at least one more. Format consists of a brief 1-on-1 introduction Roleplay to get you up-to-date on the world events, then merging you with the rest of the group in due time.

I think you may want to provide a bit more information with regard to genre, influences, and the mechanics of the game.

I appreciate your approach, and I'm curious, but there isn't yet nearly enough to go on. I am especially leery of a home-made system without explanation.

as i am also working on a self made dice system based on pathfinder i am also rather interested in this, if not only to see how you went about the whole ordeal. But as grey mentioned, it would be nice to get some insight on your home-made system.

That's reasonable. I don't want to say any more about the genre other than dark fantasy stemming from a modern world. As for the mechanics, this is the link that I gave my friends when they made their characters: Fractus Character Creation and Basic Mechanics Guide

The system itself is a custom bastardization of the old "Savage Worlds" system, I tried to modify it to make it a little more interesting and accurate, but also allow the players more freedom in what they choose to do having an impact on the actual results, rather than literally everything being determined by the rolls alone.

Players were encouraged to make characters that could exist in the real world as it is now, completely realistic. A solo roleplay then introduced each player to the setting, I made modifications to the world that I don't want to spoil, and they were then set up to meet each others characters. Location doesn't matter, a character can live anywhere in the old world they want.

That's all! I hope you understand that I don't really want to spoil anything about the changes made, since it would discourage realistic creation of characters.

Thanks for reading, guys.

That's entirely fine - I have often convinced players to join blind so I can reveal things like that.

Taking a look at the doc now - I don't personally have time to join, and I hate Savage Worlds, but I am curious to see what you've done with it.

doesnt seem to be the kinda thing im looking for atm. sorry, but i do see ourselves overlapping in thought process at certain points, which is interesting. welp, im out, good luck though

No problem. You ever want to talk design, or play something for a change, feel free to drop me a message.

Will do. I do often get urges to play, so it will be nice to finally have somewhere to look when that strikes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back