Roleplay Area

Error404RealityFailed

Please contact operator to correct mistake
Street Life is hard. Not everyone knows that. You've got no-one, and nowhere... Well, at least for most. In the city of New Celic, there is a group of teens and kids that stick together. Yes, they're on the streets, but they've got each other. 

The city is falling on some dark times though. Food is growing more scarce and security is tighter. Worse, some of their own have gone missing. Can the group stick together through these times?

@Alexander Hamilton @Amelia White @Couldyoustfu @Catharsis 

Astraea sat in an old alley, full of trash and little knick knacks that she had collected. There was an old beat up couch and piles upon piles of torn clothes behind it. That was where she slept. Why was she there? It was her turn to host a meeting in her place, so she had gathered all sorts of food (out of the dumpsters) and bought a couple juice boxes with her coins. She sat on the couch, swinging her legs and waiting for her friends. 

Archer Fabre

Archer was starving. He hadn't eaten for days. He only had a few coins in his pocket, not enough to buy anything but the crumbs of a loaf of bread. He walked through the streets, looking around fearfully. Archer was always scared. Ever since he was thrown out of his home he'd been scared. Archer found the alley where Astraea lived. He walked to the couch and smiled. "G'day, Astraea." Archer said softly.

@Echo Dreamsong

Astra grinned at him with a small wave. Archer had been her favorite for a while, so she had saved up some banana's for him. Her grin got wider as she pulled three bruised and old bananas and presented them to him. She set them down and began signing at him. 'I found these yesterday! For you!' She signed with glee.

@Alexander Hamilton

Archer Fabre

Archer watched her signs intently and then mimicked them. He was slowly learning sign language so he could speak better with Astra. "Oh, wow! Thank you!" Archer said sincerely, taking the bananas. His stomach growled as he looked them over. He was more than happy to take old, battered bananas over nothing. "Mind if I sit?" Archer gestured to the space next to her. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Astra nodded, scooting over to let him have more room. 'You seen the others?' She signed, eyes wide. Her hair was probably the worst out of the group, matted and tangled. Heck there was probably a live creature it there! Astra didn't seem to care. She just sat there and kicked her legs and hummed. 'We're gonna have fun today! I got juice boxes!'

@Alexander Hamilton

Archer Fabre

Archer against repeated her signs, slowing them down so he could remember what each meant. "No, I haven't seen the others." Archer said softly as he sat down. "They're probably on their way, though." Archer peeled one of the bananas and ate it. He smiled at Astra when he finished. "Thanks for the bananas, I haven't eaten in a while." 

@Echo Dreamsong

Last edited by a moderator:
Astra lowered her head, her face flushed. 'I got them just for you. Were they good?' She asked, looking up with wide eyes. Astra really wanted to make him happy. She'd been saving stuff for months to give to him. So, since no one was around, Astra pulled out a full twenty dollar bill and handed it to him to wait for a reaction. It may have been stolen, but it was the best she could do.

@Alexander Hamilton

Archer Fabre

Again, Archer had to repeat the signs. He was learning, if slowly. "They were. Thank y-" Archer froze when he saw the twenty. His heart stopped for a moment. He then shook his head and placed the twenty back in her hand, looking into her eyes with concern. "No, Astra, you need to keep this. You need to get yourself food and clothing and maybe even a new blanket..." Archer closed her hand around the money and held her hand closed. "Thank you, Astra, but you can't sacrifice your money. You need it just as much, if not more, than I do."

@Echo Dreamsong

The Simmons Twins

"Hurry up, we're already late." Jemima sighs, watching the fog of her smoke rise up and disappear into the air. Her brother and her were scavenging early in the morning, Jessie saw something shine at the bottom of the bin. 

"C'mon, I almost have it." He says, already halfway into the can. Jemima rolls her eyes, knowing that her brother is going to smell like garbage for weeks now. Climbing out of the bin, Jessie holds up a pair of rusty scissors. Her eyes widening, Jemima runs over to her brother, snatching the scissors from his hand. 

"Wow, what a find. Now let's go." She says, shoving the scissors into her bag. 

The twins walk towards the meeting spot, getting various looks from men and women passing by. At this point, both were used to it. No one could resist glancing over at the two with their dirt stained faces, ratty old clothing (which were torn and faded), and the biggest smiles on their faces. 

Turning the corner the twins see Archer and Astra, and the 20 dollar bill between them. Jessie didn't even give it a second glance, but it took a lot of will power for Jemima to not grab it and run. 

"What's up?" Jessie says as he takes a seat. Jemima nods, not needing to say it again. 

@Echo Dreamsong @Alexander Hamilton

Astraea frowned at Archer, looking a bit upset now. 'Why not?' She signed, putting it in her pocket again. When the twins showed up, Astra forced a grin on her face as she ran back behind the little area to get the juice boxes she had bought. She eagerly put them in the guests hands, jumping up and down a bit before going back to sit.

@Amelia White @Alexander Hamilton

Archer Fabre

Archer's heart broke when he saw Astra upset. "Because if you keep giving away money, you won't have any left." Archer whispered, but Astra already was giving juice boxes to the twins. "Hey, guys." Archer said softly. He felt the need to hug Astra close when she sat back down, but didn't. He knew not to touch other people without asking.

@Echo Dreamsong @Amelia White

Last edited by a moderator:
Astra looked at the ground, fiddling with the money and glancing over at Archer every once and a while. She wanted him to take her gift, take her gift and maybe just maybe say how good she was. That's honestly what she wanted, to be acknowledged by Archer. 'Do you want food?' She signed at the twins. 'I've got some.'

"Nah, we just ate" Jessie states triumphantly. They can't say that their early morning scavenging doesn't include stealing from local markets. Jemima perks up slightly when Jessie finishes speaking.

"That reminds me, I got some cans from this woman the other day. Too sweet for her own good." She says, pulling out two cans of green beans. Jemima's tone is very flat as she speaks, as if she could care less about the nice offer made by the woman. 

"I was going to say no because Jessie and I are allergic, but then I remembered we had the meeting. So, feel free to take them." She says, Jessie nods with her. 

Archer sighed and finally decided to just wrap an arm around Astra's shoulders. He hoped she wouldn't pull away. "Gosh, wish I had brought something." Archer mumbled. "All I got is seventy seven cents and some paper clips." Archer pulled those objects out of his pockets. 

Astra's eyes widened as Archer put an arm around her, and she grinned in delight. Instead of doing what he feared, she nuzzled into his chest, pulling her legs up onto the couch. When he mentioned paperclips, Astra perked up and immediately reached for them. She had a whole collection of those, and she'd string them together to hang behind the couch they were on. Before she took them though, she looked at Archer for permission.

"Awe! Look at the little love birds!" Jessie says, staring over at Archer and Astra. Concealing a laugh, Jemima lightly punches her brother in the arm, signalling for him to cut it out. Jessie definitely likes to mess around with those younger than himself, although, he isn't as old as he tries to act. Taking another puff of her smoke, Jemima looks over at the two. 

"Don't mind Jessie. He found a pair of scissors today and it's got him acting crazy." As she finishes speaking, Jessie grabs the smoke out of Jemima's mouth and throws it to the floor, stomping on it. The look in Jemima's eyes says that she could kill him without feeling any regret, but to that, Jessie only smiles. 

"You know I hate it." He says.

"Why do you think I do it?" She replies, pulling a new one out of her rag-bag. Along with the new smoke, she pulls out a lighter and flicks it one, two, three times, only to realize it's out of juice. Tossing the lighter, Jemima puts the smoke back inside of its box. Her cigarette box is probably the only clean thing on her. 

Archer Fabre

Archer smiled down at Astra when she smiled. He then looked down to her hand, reaching for the paperclips. He gave a small chuckle. "All yours, kiddo." He said, handing the four paperclips to her. His lock-picking paperclips were safe inside his shoe anyways, he didn't need the paperclips he'd collected that day. Archer looked to the twins. Jessie joked about the two of them being in love and Archer rolled his eyes. "Someone's gotta look out for the little one, right? And besides, girls as kind and smart as Astra deserve a little love and attention." Archer ruffled Astra's hair playfully with a grin.

Astra grinned up at Archer, fiddling with the paper clips. She quickly linked them together and bolted up and rushed to behind the couch to put them all together. There were over two laps of paper clips around her area, and you needed to duck under a row to even get into her makeshift home. Astra fiddled with them for a minute before deeming them ready to be used. So the girl quickly put them together and rushed back out and back to right next to Archer. Only then did she realize he'd called her little. 'I no small! I very big and strong! I fight stuff!' She signed with pride, looking very smug as she snuggled into Archer's chest again.
@Alexander Hamilton @Amelia White

Archer Fabre

Archer chuckled at Astra's energy and her signing. "Yeah, you are. Real big and strong, like a mountain!" Archer laughed, hugging her close. He was willing to fudge the truth a little for the sake of Astra's pride. The little girl was his best friend in the group, really. "Jemima, you really shouldn't smoke. You could get cancer." Archer pointed out, his voice softer and less confident than when he spoke to Astra. He was younger than the twins, and therefore had no real right to tell them what to do. At least, that's what he thought.

@Amelia White @Echo Dreamsong

Jemima smirks and let's out a chuckle at Archers comment. Nowadays, she never really thought about what could kill her in the future, her mind too full of escaping life to really think about saving it. 

"Yeah, well, that's my business, but thanks for the insight." Sarcasm floods out of her like a waterfall. Although, she meant no harm. Call it the bitterness of getting everything taken from her. 

Jessie just watches. He's come to care for the little ones in his own way, especially Archer because of how much Jessie is reminded of himself. Would he ever admit it? Probably. Would it sound like the truth? Hell no. 

Archer Fabre

Archer winced slightly at the sarcasm. "I was only tryin' to be helpful." He whispered, his eyes looking at the ground. Archer fidgeted with the hem of his torn shirt, pretending he was alright, even though he felt awful. He hated when people talked down to him. Archer dug his hand into his pocket and searched for anything to fidget with. There wasn't anything in there. Archer felt himself starting to shake. "Wh-where are the others?" Archer asked softly, tears starting to brim his eyes.

Astra looked up at Archer, a deep frown on her face. She wasn't sure what was wrong, but she knew it had come from the twins doing something. 'You carrots! No! No mean carrots!' She signed before crossing her arms and glaring at the others. Then she leaned against Archer, looking up at him from her spot under his arm.

Jessie, noticing how hurt Archer looks, nudges Jemima before putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't pay attention to the grouch over there, she's just upset that I found the scissors before she did." Jessie says, with the same huge smile on his face. It's so cartoon-y, it almost looks fake. Almost. Normally, Jessie wouldn't care about some kid's feelings, but these two are different. They aren't spoiled, they aren't bratty, they don't deserve the life they're living. Jemima turns to face Archer and Astra. Carrots, huh? She thinks. Jemima is very impulsive, but she can recognize when she's gone too far. 

"Hey, don't take it to heart kid, I'm only messing. These streets can make anyone a little bitter. I went a tad too far, sorry." She says, a warm smile creeping it's way onto her face. It's pretty rare for Jemima to smile the way she is, but when it comes to kids, sometimes she can't help it. 

Archer Fabre

Archer sniffled and wiped his eyes. "It's okay." Archer mumbled. "I shouldn't have taken it so seriously." He smiled down at Astra. Archer ruffled her hair quickly, trying to act okay. It helped to hear Jemima apologize, and when she smiled, Archer knew she was being sincere. "I'm just a little tired, that's all. Haven't been sleeping too well recently," Archer mumbled. It was true, he hadn't been sleeping well, but he never sleeps well. 

Astra looked up at Archer, eyes wide now. 'Sleep here tonight? Clothes make good bed!' That probably sounded wrong, but Astra wouldn't know that. She was a little girl, yes, abused sexually at one point, but she didn't know what that meant. What she was talking about was the massive collection of donated shirts that she stole from donation boxes that she had back behind the couch. It wasn't just shirts either, there was even a curtain, but Astra liked calling it the clothes pile. 'You sleep good here!'

Users who are viewing this thread