• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rock Opera! OOC and Polling

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Zerohex Zerohex ok, it's not a trap, first off. All you need to do is write something that includes you getting a letter telling you to go to Abbey Road by Paul, or possibly someone else

^ same. I’m making my post rn

We are of one mind lol

Posted! Tell me if I need to make any changes

Oh my bad, I guess I shouldn't have like exposed a potential adventure start but I thought it was clever, a mysterious letter supposedly from a famous person asking us to abandon our current lives to go to another country and swearing everything will be covered but no proof of identity, plane tickets, hotel reservations or any way to make that happen or even magical fanfare to really pull the characters into the premise, felt like a setup for a kidnapping and big hero rescue.

Oh my bad, I guess I shouldn't have like exposed a potential adventure start but I thought it was clever, a mysterious letter supposedly from a famous person asking us to abandon our current lives to go to another country and swearing everything will be covered but no proof of identity, plane tickets, hotel reservations or any way to make that happen or even magical fanfare to really pull the characters into the premise, felt like a setup for a kidnapping and big hero rescue.
Well I mean, if I'm gonna be honest, I was gonna do that, but as soon as you saw through it, I scrapped it because it wasn't gonna be as big of a reveal. Rest assured, I have another thing planned, but next time you have any inferences like that, dm me instead of posting it public :)

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
Just letting you know that I'll get to posting eventually, the intro prompt really threw me off and I'm having a lot of trouble making it work for my character.

Oof yeah, getting a whole RV to a different country takes a bunch of paperwork and specialized shipping not really covered by the one letter, plus I'm not sure how feasible it is to ship a Winnebago as "my sole residence". I've talked with people who do this sort of world tour lifestyle going all over with their RVs but they were pretty economically secure before that and had made A Thing out of it, not exactly a homeless struggling musician.

I guess you could take the slightly off-beat route like Duwang and I did and have a sort of little adventure setup for an intro like, IDK, you drive to (insert horrible city here) 'cause you found some definitely legitimate african businessmen willing to ship your RV and let you ride in it for the journey if you introduce them to Sir Paul McCartney the definitely real, very rich musical man you're in tight with in England.

Oof yeah, getting a whole RV to a different country takes a bunch of paperwork and specialized shipping not really covered by the one letter, plus I'm not sure how feasible it is to ship a Winnebago as "my sole residence". I've talked with people who do this sort of world tour lifestyle going all over with their RVs but they were pretty economically secure before that and had made A Thing out of it, not exactly a homeless struggling musician.

I guess you could take the slightly off-beat route like Duwang and I did and have a sort of little adventure setup for an intro like, IDK, you drive to (insert horrible city here) 'cause you found some definitely legitimate african businessmen willing to ship your RV and let you ride in it for the journey if you introduce them to Sir Paul McCartney the definitely real, very rich musical man you're in tight with in England.

Well technically she isn't homeless since she has the Winnebago, but yeah. Finding a totally legitimate businessman that in no way has connections to any organized crime networks is probably going to be the best way (I'm not even sure if I could justify my character having a passport), but I'm still stuck on how the letter would get to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back