• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Rivers of Blood OOC

Characters
Here
Right question!

How far can we take these powers? I'm planning to have my character be part of one of the demon hunter families who basically marry other hunters to create ideal marks of power.

Would summoning be possible? Like having hellhound-like entities and stuff like that? Or maybe something like umbrakinesis where basically the hunter makes "shadow puppets" to fight for them?

Right question!

How far can we take these powers? I'm planning to have my character be part of one of the demon hunter families who basically marry other hunters to create ideal marks of power.

Would summoning be possible? Like having hellhound-like entities and stuff like that? Or maybe something like umbrakinesis where basically the hunter makes "shadow puppets" to fight for them?
Umbrakenesis is cool, just as long as you have some catch that comes with it

Jus a quick update, mostly done just trying to find a code that can work for her. Will hopefully be able to post tomorrow.

I've uploaded my completed cs, let me know if you'd like me to make any changes! He is very cocky and insufferable but I'm expecting other characters will be quick to knock him down a peg or two 😂

omg our characters have such similar origins but their personalities and outlooks are so different. That's so fun, I love it :closed eyes open smile:
Frr they're both from France too XD

They might actually know each other cause of this. I imagine a bit of rivalry between powerful families but I imagine Sam isn't really all for it cause fuck the families y'know?

Frr they're both from France too XD

They might actually know each other cause of this. I imagine a bit of rivalry between powerful families but I imagine Sam isn't really all for it cause fuck the families y'know?
they've probably seen each other at dinners or other important events for sure! Since she has such a similar background, maybe Sam can be the one to make Perci realize he's being a whiny baby about the cards he was dealt 😂

they've probably seen each other at dinners or other important events for sure! Since she has such a similar background, maybe Sam can be the one to make Perci realize he's being a whiny baby about the cards he was dealt 😂
Maybe! It would be a little funny that she would just be tired of his attitude whenever they had to work together. Like an annoying sibling

Working on my character — I have questions.
  • assuming this is an international sort of society, do they have separate bases around the world, meaning that not every hunter speaks English?
  • would hunters be taught the most common languages in their area, or would they not be allowed to join unless they're already fluent in a common language?
  • for someone ambidextrous, how is their marked hand picked?
  • would hunters be punished for telling people who shouldn't know (ie. loved ones, trusted friends) about their jobs?

Maybe! It would be a little funny that she would just be tired of his attitude whenever they had to work together. Like an annoying sibling
I read y'alls characters they're so intimidating I love it

Working on my character — I have questions.
  • assuming this is an international sort of society, do they have separate bases around the world, meaning that not every hunter speaks English?
  • would hunters be taught the most common languages in their area, or would they not be allowed to join unless they're already fluent in a common language?
  • for someone ambidextrous, how is their marked hand picked?
  • would hunters be punished for telling people who shouldn't know (ie. loved ones, trusted friends) about their jobs?
- Not every hunter speaks English, although a majority do simply because it's the 'global language' but there are a considerable number of hunters that don't speak English at all. It's not unheard of for hunters to speak multiple languages during one mission. As long as every hunter has an understanding of what's happening then there isn't an issue. As an example during St. Ava there were 40 hunters and the common languages that were spoken were English, Spanish, French, and Arabic
- In training, there are language courses available and it's not necessary to be fluent in a common language but highly recommended. Simply because the more languages you know, the more missions you go on, and the more resources you have access to
- Ambidextrous people will always have it on their left hand. There's no definitive answer as to why. Blood shamans say that the left hand is linked with darkness and concealment just as the hunters must always veil their powers except for when they have to use it. A similar context applies to the hunter's non-dominant hand to those who are not ambidextrous. Since it's almost never used compared to the hunter's dominant hand, it's to remind hunters to be mindful of how they use their powers and that they must be kept secret
- If the organization finds out a hunter told someone who shouldn't know then they'll be interrogated. They'll ask questions like how much information they shared, who they told, what the hunter's relation to them was, and depending on how many people a hunter told and how explicit they were, the punishment varies. If the hunter admits to being a blood hunter and gives general information like hunting demons and they have powers then the hunter and the people the hunter told will be monitored. The hunter will be taken off a few missions until their higher-ups think they can trust them again. If the hunter goes into specifics like anything pertinent to the hunter-demon conflict, where demons come from, or what the blood hunters are then the hunter will be kicked out of the organization. A blood shaman will perform a ritual that will remove their mark. If a hunter shows off their powers to others who aren't blood hunters then that hunter as well as anyone who witnessed them using their powers will be killed

Is the roleplay set in 2023? I couldn't find the current year in the interest check, so I'd assume so, but just wanted to make sure.

Has there ever been an incident of a blood hunter going rogue/ switching sides? If it does happen, is any special priority given to hunting them down?

Has there ever been an incident of a blood hunter going rogue/ switching sides? If it does happen, is any special priority given to hunting them down?
Considering blood hunters have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, there have been multiple incidents of both occurrences. But I’m gonna talk about how those are handled under the modern hunters

In both instances, a squad of hunters hunters will be assigned to apprehend the hunter and bring them in for questioning. Get reasons as to why they did what they did and decide whether to reincorporate them, remove their mark or kill them

How would someone who wants to become a blood hunter get into contact with them? Is it something they can search up on the Internet, which organisations are secretly fronts? Do hunters know if a civilian has accidentally encountered a demon?

How would someone who wants to become a blood hunter get into contact with them? Is it something they can search up on the Internet, which organisations are secretly fronts? Do hunters know if a civilian has accidentally encountered a demon?
Front organizations are one of the best ways a civilian can join the hunters. Fronts operate as legal businesses but any business they do is in collaboration with other fronts, so this requires a lot of digging to see what the connection between the fronts is and coming to the conclusion that they are fronts for something bigger. The fronts do have a hiring process like any other company. Applicants come with a resume, some references, and maybe a cover letter. The interview is pretty standard until the interviewer allows the applicant to ask any questions. This is a chance for the possible hunter candidate to dig deep about the front's dealings with other organizations, and their involvement in various humanitarian or research efforts. Depending on how inquisitive the applicant is, the interviewer will educate the applicant on the hunter-demon conflict and ask if they wants to be a hunter. If the applicant chooses not to be a hunter they are quickly induced with retrograde amnesia in the form of a spray and forget the summary of the hunter-demon conflict. They are then rejected from working at the front.

It should also be noted that 'hunter' is a colloquial term for all types of personnel involved with the wider hunter organization. The fronts need employees to make it look like a legit business and will more often than not, not do any fieldwork and not have a mark. However, the option to go through training and obtain a mark is available to them. In fact, a lot of hunters who aren't able to get passed training are offered comfortable salaries to work at fronts.

Hunters won't know if a civilian accidentally encounters a demon until they get into contact with a hunter. Obviously, hunters maintain some type of life outside of the hunters and are given downtime to be with loved ones. So it's possible that a civilian can share with a possible hunter that they saw a demon, whether it was a glimpse or a near-death experience. It's up to the hunter's discretion whether or not they want to tell that civilian about the demon conflict.

I mentioned earlier there were punishments for a hunter sharing their identity with someone outside the hunters. This was in the context of a hunter, intentionally or otherwise compromising the organization to unsuspecting civilians.

In the instance of a hunter talking to a civilian who has had an experience with a demon, the process is more forgiving. The hunter still goes through an interrogation process but if the civilian approaches the hunter, the hunter is allowed to bring in the civilian for questioning about what they saw and are put into something comparable to witness protection. Depending on whether the civilian lives with anyone they would also need to be informed and put under protection since demons do stalk their victims. When the threat is gone, civilians are given the means to contact the hunters directly and are discouraged from speaking about the demons to anyone outside of the hunters.

Front organizations are one of the best ways a civilian can join the hunters. Fronts operate as legal businesses but any business they do is in collaboration with other fronts, so this requires a lot of digging to see what the connection between the fronts is and coming to the conclusion that they are fronts for something bigger. The fronts do have a hiring process like any other company. Applicants come with a resume, some references, and maybe a cover letter. The interview is pretty standard until the interviewer allows the applicant to ask any questions. This is a chance for the possible hunter candidate to dig deep about the front's dealings with other organizations, and their involvement in various humanitarian or research efforts. Depending on how inquisitive the applicant is, the interviewer will educate the applicant on the hunter-demon conflict and ask if they wants to be a hunter. If the applicant chooses not to be a hunter they are quickly induced with retrograde amnesia in the form of a spray and forget the summary of the hunter-demon conflict. They are then rejected from working at the front.

It should also be noted that 'hunter' is a colloquial term for all types of personnel involved with the wider hunter organization. The fronts need employees to make it look like a legit business and will more often than not, not do any fieldwork and not have a mark. However, the option to go through training and obtain a mark is available to them. In fact, a lot of hunters who aren't able to get passed training are offered comfortable salaries to work at fronts.

Hunters won't know if a civilian accidentally encounters a demon until they get into contact with a hunter. Obviously, hunters maintain some type of life outside of the hunters and are given downtime to be with loved ones. So it's possible that a civilian can share with a possible hunter that they saw a demon, whether it was a glimpse or a near-death experience. It's up to the hunter's discretion whether or not they want to tell that civilian about the demon conflict.

I mentioned earlier there were punishments for a hunter sharing their identity with someone outside the hunters. This was in the context of a hunter, intentionally or otherwise compromising the organization to unsuspecting civilians.

In the instance of a hunter talking to a civilian who has had an experience with a demon, the process is more forgiving. The hunter still goes through an interrogation process but if the civilian approaches the hunter, the hunter is allowed to bring in the civilian for questioning about what they saw and are put into something comparable to witness protection. Depending on whether the civilian lives with anyone they would also need to be informed and put under protection since demons do stalk their victims. When the threat is gone, civilians are given the means to contact the hunters directly and are discouraged from speaking about the demons to anyone outside of the hunters.
Follow-up question: If a hunter dies (not necessarily in battle), is anyone within the organisation alerted? Like, do they track their members and would eventually notice? Thinking of a scenario where they'd get mauled badly enough / blasted to smithereens that it'd be a lengthy wait (if ever) to identify them.

Follow-up question: If a hunter dies (not necessarily in battle), is anyone within the organisation alerted? Like, do they track their members and would eventually notice? Thinking of
Unless there are other hunters as witnesses there is no indicator of a hunter dying. There will be a suspicion if a hunter doesn't check in after a certain amount of time which does prompt other hunters to investigate. But a hunter's vital signs aren't tracked. Unless they have a hunter with a mark where they can check the living status of someone they have no way of knowing.

To your last point, unless someone has a mark that can quickly identify the remains of someone that are unrecognizable to the human eye, they'll have to use conventional means of identifying someone who was badly mauled. Like DNA testing or dental records

Users who are viewing this thread

Back