• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rise of The Inquisition

Chief Shiro

Vanquisher of DoDos
Ok. im a tad bit new to this site and this would be my first role play if i were to do it. ive ran this roleplay many times on many different sites and it has proved successful. seeing as this site is steamed soley for roleplay i have some high hopes. now for the pitch!

Basically the whole idea behind this roleplay is world domination or atleast in a sense. typically i start the role play off with two groups, the inquisition, and the front. the inquisitions goal, in general, is to try to rule the world and make it better for humanity where as the front is soley the opposite. they dispise government and think humanity should have total freedom.

now i know this sounds like a typical roleplay with two opposing groups. so what ive done in the past is ive actually aloud roleplayers to come in and request to make their own groups or organizations. this is usually what has set this idea apart from others. the creator of the group or organiation was responsible for recruiting its members and setting its goals.they were free to make their own rules as far as their group went and allowed to ally if they wished. generally this creates what i call "the great war effect." basically you have ,many allied groups battleing alot of other allied groups giving it that total war feel. groups can be just about anything they want. you could have a knight squad if you wanted or a biker gang. you are also free to make your own ranks or titles. an example would be the inquisition. anyone joining would have the title of "Inquisitor" like my character "Inquisitor Autumn". just remember though. this roleplay is set in modern times and though it would be uncommon for knights to be walking around, it wouldnt be impossible. what is impossible is magic or supernatural beings. gotta be human guys sorry. i do this only to ensure that no one person is completely out matched by another. puts us on equal grounds sort of. as an example of the groups ill tell you about past groups/organizations that were made in this roleplays past on other sites.

one of my favorites was agroup called "section 11." section 11 was a group whos goal was to eliminate terrorism in small countries. though its sort of specific it is similar to the goal of the inquisition so the two were allies. the ranking system was your basic marine corp ranking. another group was "sons of thunder", a group devoted to the freedom of slaves around the world. they were primarily stealth oriented and had an odd ranking system that i honestly cant remember but it was cool. they sided with the front bc their goals were also similar.the last group was the clockwork prefecture. they were completely set on watching the world burn. their agents were known as "civils" and were basically the worst terrorists you can imagine. they sided with neither and im not gonna lie they were on equal power with the inquisition at one point in time. all the groups i just mentioned were made by other peple who joind the rp in the past. anyways sorry for such a looooooong thread. just let me know what you guys think and if i go through with it ill be sure to let you guys know! also if you got any questions please ask id be glad to clear up some things!

Last edited by a moderator:
it usually is. its basically a fight for power. ive been running this rp for a few years now and each time its been a blast!

Pretty interested but I'd like more details.

First off could you put more detail on how the strength of factions work. Like are the two main factions FAR more powerful than created ones and exactly how strong are faction in a military/economic sense? Also is the planet this takes place on Earth but just with supernatural beings and magic?

ok sure! it is on earth but there are no supernatural beings. basically power comes from members generally. and created groups can be just as powerful as the two default. its jsut generally the two default get the most traffic. something i did forget to mention is there is a limit to how many created groups there can be . usually i went with 6 but that may chane. as far as econimic influence goes i suppose that would be determined by your groups background. the front generally is a group of organized rebels and typically wont have as much money as the even more organized inquisition. honestly money doesnt matter . all groups can just about do whatever they want as long as it is within the roleplays rules. as for strength. like i said man power. sometimes the skills of individula members can be enough aswell but they cant be op characters. ill have some guidelines up for all this if i were to make this rp. anything else?

whoah awsome. well whenever i create it just make sure to send me the details. and im assuming you know this but those groups dont exist ...technically. im guessing you ment make your own group similar to them right? gah nevermind im sure everything will fold out whenever i make the role play!

Well I'd like the group to be called The Black Knights. Their name meaning they're like the antihero type of thing. Their goal is to help the weak while still being rebels and doing a little mercenary work on the side. Their alignment would defiantly be Chaotic Neutral. If you need more just tell me, but that's the base I've got so far that I'd like to do.

@Chief Shiro

hmm i see . sounds very interesting! i may need more info later but this is good for now! oh and btw there is a catagory for groupless people known as freelancers so just a heads up. not saying you cant do it but there will be competition on the mercinary market. theres also another catagory called the people. its exactly how it sounds. theyr the citizens whos fates are being decided by the groups. ill make sure to cover everything in the overview. hmm.. instead of heading the inquisition i may revive the clockworks. i really liked um. but we'll see!

@xEmoBunnehx

and sure if she'll have you anyways. i cant make the rules for groups i dont own. ^^

@CellistCat606

also if your a group leader/founder id also like to ask that you act as a moderator for the rp. this means your free to accept characters that wish to be affiliated with your group but it also means you need to be familiar with the rp rules. this ensures that people can jump in without having to wait a long time and be approved by an affilation aswell. any of the admins are also free to approve freelancers and civillians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back