• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rifles & Runes: Sequel

Space_Kaiser

Formerly known as Loyal Guardian
The world of Arret and it's five moons and two suns, home to numerous humanoid races including humans themselves, elves, dwarves, and more. In this world magic controlled the past, with nations revolving around it's mysticism and promise of fortune if one can become a national magician. However a century ago mechanical production showed more promise, advancement, and profit to some nations. Soon some nations became more technological over time, with new political ideologies and governments forming in the wake. Nations that followed magical teaching devoutly became nations that focused everything into this Technological Revolution. With known magic having being discovered in full, technology constantly progresses with no stop in sight. Now the world is at a boiling point, with nations that are technological now adverse those who are magical. What type of nation will you choose? Will you follow the path of technology, or one of magic, or maybe a nice even mix of both. Either way whatever side you choose a war that Arret has never witnessed is coming, as the seers have said for the past hundred years. Will you try to bring peace, or devolve into chaos. Welcome to Arret, welcome to Rifles & Runes!

With the introduction out of the way, I'd like to go over preliminary mechanics so you guys know what you're getting into. Firstly there are numerous different government types available to choose from, but make sure it is an actual government system before sending it in. The technological and political progression year is 1920, however the year on Arret according to it's calendar is 1699. Next there is a system called government ranking, which basically tells you how large your nation can be. The four different ranks are as follows: City-State, Duchy, Kingdom, and Empire. However don't think that going Empire to get the largest land claim is a automatic good thing, as government ranks also determine the pros and cons of choosing your nation and it's size. Taxing, unrest, resources, corruption, and some more are affected by this system. For example City-States are the smallest, however their populations are happy, taxation is moderate, little to no corruption, small amount of resources, influential on trade in their area, etc. An Empire on the other hand has a large population, low taxation, large internal trade, sizable resources, high corruption, large military, large unrest.

Depending on your size in an area your government rank must go up, which by doing so you lose the benefits and detriments of that government rank in favor of the next. If you decide to remain say a Kingdom instead of going to the size of an Empire, your unrest will gradually get high that can't be stopped whatsoever (while an Empire has chances to prevent a rebellion). So those are some basic mechanics you can expect from this RP, everything else is pretty basic although I don't want any two sentence or drawn out posts. I'd much heavily prefer at least four lines or a paragraph in a post. With that said, welcome to Rifles & Runes!

Note: This a sequel to a RP I did about a year ago with the same name, but this a different and everything has been reset so new people may be able to join in!

A question of clarification, will players have to clarify urban areas within their empires (marking cities in claimed territory), or will the GMs decide where they are at the start?

Arret_AU_new_nations_added_Iris.png

I'm purple, so don't go claiming my land, or I'll find any reason to invade you.

Is there a discord or an ooc i dont know about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back