• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ride of the Apocalypse (Private RP.)

kenryuko

another day, another life
The Himalayan winds howled at the peak of Mount Everest. A top said mountain stood an armored figure whose cloak danced in the winds under the deadly looking scythe strapped to his back, and a Pegasus that didn't look alive as it skull and several bones showed under the flesh. This was Death, along with his steed, the leader and eldest of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. His piercing blue eyes glowed under his helm as he gazed at the horizon. one of the things he truly enjoyed about the mortal ream was nature, but that would end soon enough though, for the end was near. Oh so very near.

The Amazon forest was bustling with life. Small mammals jumping around playing with each other, reptiles crawling around, birds chirping with merry toons to sing the whole day long, and so much more.  In the center of it all was a tidy pair of a horse and a 'person'. The 'person' was really the horseman of Conquest. She was playing around with a lemur, playing a game of tag. This was the side of her that most humans would never see. She hated humans; but that didn't mean she wanted to end the planet. She loved plants and animals; she just disliked humans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Famine sat overlooking the Nile river, absently doodling in the sands of the Sahara with her sword. "That's the blood of this desert, Schatten." She said to the black alicorn laying beside her. She lay back against her stead and studied the clouds. "I wonder where my siblings are now. Which land they're looking at now while this world approaches its end." A slight smile graced her lips at the thought of her brothers and sister. 

On Mt. Helens where the ground shakes and lava/fire destroys evething in his path. A warrior with eyes as red as blood stands on the mouth of the volcano. Looking over the land.  He is War.  The only person he listens to is his siblings who are the only ones that can calm him down when his blood starts boiling. He was watching the destructive force of the volcano. Thinking about the times when he was in battle fighting his enemies with his siblings. 

Death sighed and walked towards his steed, mounting the undead animal. He had things to discuss with his siblings and needed to find them. "Come on Mira, let's go find Famine." He muttered to his steed, who started to flap her wings. She galloped through the air towards where he sensed Famine.

Famine smiled as she looked towards the horizon where she could sense Death's presence moving closer. "Brother calls, Schatten. It's time to go." She said, moving to mount her stead. The stallion extended his wings as he galloped across the sand, smoke rising from his hooves. He flapped his powerful wings and began his assent into the skies where his mistress guided him. 

War was on the top of Mt.Helen practicing with his sword scorcher when he sensed a change in his sister and brother's movements. He looked at his steed Crone. "Something is up and it can't be good." War was actually looking forward to seeing his siblings. He mounts Crone and with a burst of speed there off down the mountain. 

For an undead being, Mira was probably the most lively creature Death had ever seen. Either way he felt both War's and Famine's presences coming to meet him, that would leave Conquest. Death never trusted her, even if she was his sibling. "Then again she's been like that every cycle." He muttered to himself, He had seen this world burn more times than any of his siblings. Then again they never remembered the last time being 'Born', if one could even call it that.

Yes, there were other earth's. Each one they had been apart of destroying, and after each time the would fall into a slumber. Not remembering the last cycle, as Death had taken to calling it. He did remember though.

He did every time. He hated the slumber with a passion. The silence. The darkness. It drove one mad. Though in a sense the lead horseman was mad. It was why he prefered to be alone he supposed. To make sure he was ready for the slumber. The memory of his siblings almost made him jealous. The child like curiosity of the new world after waking each time. He wished he had that, but he was also the only one who could teach his siblings.

A whinny from Mira broke him from his thought as he saw the speck that was Famine come into view on the horizon. Soon they would fall into slumber again, and the cycle would restart.

Famine felt War's presence start to move towards where she felt Death and smiled, she would see both her brothers today. She looked to the horizon, watching for any sign of Death, as she wondered if Conquest would come as well. When she spotted Death's form ahead she spurred Schatten on. "Faster boy, Death awaits us." She whispered in his ear, eager to reach her brother's side. As the alicorn increased his speed, she tipped her head back enjoying the rush of wind, a simple pleasure she hoped wouldn't disappear too soon. 

As they drew closer, she raised her hand in greeting. "Brother," She called. "It's good to see you."

"As with you baby sister." He said with a smirk hidden under his helm, "I suppose we should land for now." He commented as Mira whinnied a greeting of her own to the fellow winged horse.

Racing across the land on his steed Crone was the crust time in years he enjoyed the ride. Noticing that both of his siblings presence's were close. He's kinda envious that they both have flying steeds however, being on the ground close to the battle is where he should be. He spots his siblings landing. He races toward them. And yells,"show offs! Laughing to himself.

Conquest finished up her game with the lemur before she finally mounted her horse. She was slightly annoyed at their disruption, but it was her siblings. What's she gonna do about it? She mounted Maiden, giving her a kiss on the neck before telling her to ride. The steed did as she said, and she began riding towards where her siblings were.

Death shook his head as Mira touched down, "At least we don't have to look for you. And from what I can tell, Conquest is coming." He muttered, as he dismounted and Started to brush what fur Mira did have left. The decay seemed more prominent each cycle, soon enough she would be a skeleton.

Famine nodded and followed Death to the ground. She turned as she heard Wars shouted jibe to see him racing towards them. "Nice to see you too!" She shouted, waving to him. She  turned back to death, happy to have her siblings near again. "So how have your journeys treated you?" She inquired while they waited for the arrival of Conquest

She soon arrived, a minute after War had. "Sorry I'm late. Got caught up. I was playing a game." She shrugged her shoulders, not knowing what else to say. She got off of Maiden, petting her fur.

"Well I suppose stories will have to wait until after the reason we started to assemble." Any mirth that was in Death voice vanished, "The end is closing and we will have to take action soon." He explained looking at his siblings, "The question is how should we go about this?" He asked his family.

"One question," she raised her hand as though she were an elementary school child. "why do we have to end the world? Why can't we just kill all the humans?" She had always shown her distaste for humans and her love for animals. 

"That wouldn't be fair, Conquest." Famine said shaking her head lightly. "Not all our guilty of human kinds grave sins." She frowned and turned to Death. "Must the world really die? What crime could justify such a severe punishment?" 

"It is not our place to judge the humans. Merely end the world." He countered Famine, "And it is our duty to end this place whether we like it or not." He continued, crossing his arms.

"And then what? Float off into space for the rest of eternity? Kill yet another planet? My question: what the hell is the point?" She ranted, beginning to angrily walk toward Death.

"The maker shall decide when the time comes." Death replied even though he knew the answer, "And I would suggest you hold you tongue Conquest. I hold no qualms about ending your existence." He threatened.

"Whatever. My death would be your loss, not mine." She said before getting on her horse. She pat Maiden's head, kissing it.

Death was silent, he wouldn't chase after Conquest. He knew how to end the world alone. He'd done it before, though it took a lot out of him. "And will you two walk away as well?" He asked turning to his remaining siblings.

Conquest rode off, not wanting to hear any more of this. She went to a lone island with crystal clear waters as its coast. She dismounted, threw off her clothes, and went into the waters, needing something to help her cool off. She layed down on the water, simply floating around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back