• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rewind IC

JadeGreen17

Chimeric Spirit
bCaLORw.png

Rewind IC

OOC-CS​

-Thursday, Aug 30th, 2017 (2 more days until timejump)-

Looks like it will be a hot, dry, late summer day, with a good chance of a thunderstorm around 4pm.

-+-
Rossifer woke up this morning and went for a short walk around town, getting a donut and coffee for breakfast at a nearby bakery, before driving to work where he would spend most of the day working his manager position at the local pizza place. It was to be a fairly slow day.

One of his newer employees had called in sick this morning. She was new, and had called in rather frequently due to illness or other complications, but Rossifer felt no need to punish her for this, after all the place became busiest on Fridays and weekends, and so long as she would return tomorrow, as she had promised, he saw no reason to cause trouble. Of course, she wouldn't be paid for today, but she understood and accepted that.

The owner was rarely happy when she found out about Rossifer's lenient policy surrounding off days and had threatened to revoke is manager position on more than one occasion, but almost every other employee refused to take on the positions' unforgiving full time schedule, since they were mostly high school or college students.

Despite this there were a few deliveries that needed to be made around town, and enough work to keep him and the remaining employees occupied, while Rossifer took a break from sitting behind his manager desk to take inventory and help with some cleaning, jobs he had always found strangely relaxing to do.

nevaeh winters
3bc8d483e38687c63e40e8ac4c50380b--grunge-hair-lilac-hair.jpg
Take a breath. Lift your brows. Yeah, that's good. Maybe cross your arms? Nah, too forward. Winter shifted, angling herself in what she deemed was a casual stance, as she stared into the bathroom mirror with disturbing focus. Okay, let's practice... "So yesterday was shit, wanna know why Julia? That professor gave me a freakin' 55% on my project! It's total bullshit when he says he will give you credit if he sees that you try and understand the program's concept. I was working all day on that project too... didn't eat anything till I got home and well... ShitI'msorryIatethelastsliceofcakeinthefridge." It had gone relatively well, this practicing of charisma before she would meet her inevitable doom. Yet she hadn't practiced enough and definitely had not planned on her roommate coming home early.

"You... what?" Julia, her guardian angel and roommate messiah who had dragged her out of her dad's home, blocked her only path of escape. She was much bigger than Winters, having depended on muscle gain rather than simply being toned. In addition, she was damn tall. Half the time she had to walk around the flat with her head tilted so she wouldn't scrape the cieling or bump into the beams overhead. Can't forget those crazy colored contacts... hmmm, looks like pink cat eyes today, cool. Don't get why she prefers them over the clear.

With a wave of untamed, black hair, Julia slowly crossed the expanse of the bathroom. "That cake was mine. It was bBston cream. You know I fuckin' like Boston cream." In reply, Winter snapped her hands up in a show of surrender, but it did little to dissuade the likely vengeful roommate.

"I can buy you another one?"

Julia's face screwed up and she huffed loudly, blowing strands of black as she growled out a, "Oh, so you're going to go to Mexico and get another cake from my great grandmother?" Shit's getting real, her dialect is coming out.

"I can make one?"

"You're a broke ass college student with a gym membership fee coming up. In addition, your cooking sucks."

A regrettable flaw it was, to have the talent to simply look at food and it burst into flames, become char, or simply become inedible. Nevertheless, she made a mean sandwich and Hot Pocket. Winter readied that fact, but then her butt touched the wall at the end of the bathroom. All the while Julia slowly walked toward her. She's going to strangle me. She loves food, loves food as much as I love Snickers and Vodka. "I'll-uh do the dishes!" Desperation hit her like a bus as she scrambled for ideas on chores that Julia would surely abhor. "And the laundry!"​

Syria

"Not much privacy, is there," Talia said, chuckling as Jessica gave a mock-glare at a too-friendly airman giving the two women a little too much attention.

At the canteen on a Syrian air base working jointly with American forces, Senior Airman Jessica Grayson shared a wry grin with her girlfriend. Talia Sarif was a local, a civilian translator, one of Jessica's Arabic teachers actually thanks to the long-term learning program the Air Force offered for airmen stationed overseas. Actual options for privacy were limited, though. On base had the canteen and some limited recreation facilities but not a lot of airmen and civilians mixed there. And given the deeply conservative local culture, going anywhere together could easily get one or both of them shot.

Which meant that other than a few stolen hours of passion before curfew now and then, the two only had time together in public.

"It's what it is," Jessica said with a shrug. Then she reached across the table and squeezed Talia's hand. "At least for now. I figure another two years here, tops, and we head stateside. Six years overseas is enough to punch my card for the long term, I'm sure I can get duty assignment somewhere nice with off-base housing." She smiled fondly at her girlfriend, rubbing a thumb over the other woman's knuckles. "You could teach Arabic, like you do here, but with a lot less hassle."

"It's very difficult, what you're planning," Talia said, looking solemn. "I don't know much about it but I've had friends who tried and it's very difficult to...to immigrate to the United States."

"Not if we get married." Jessica lifted a hopeful eyebrow at the other woman's blush. "Sweetie, I know you think I'm kidding or something but I'm serious! We're good together. I've known you for years and I'm not looking anywhere else, you know? I want a house together, you and me, with a big yard. Hell, maybe kids!"

"You say such impossible things." The beautiful Syrian girl smiled despite her serious tone.

"Wait and see. It'll take some time just to get permission in the first place but I can at least get the paperwork going. It'll give me time to make a proper proposal, give you time to do your end of it, and maybe in a year or two we move together to the States. Where we can be together, anywhere, with nothing to worry about. You don't believe me, ask my brother Trevor."

"Where is Trevor? Wasn't he supposed to meet us here?"

"Still flying, I think. Must be."

And yet Jessica couldn't shake a sinking feeling in her stomach as she watched an airman headed her way, a look of business on his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back