• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Revolution

Gerold's eyes were open, waking up in the small area he called a room in the castle he stretched, it was midday. Knightly duties...check Gerold mused to himself, dressing himself in clothing he went to the throne room, stretching. The servants were used to the Old Knight waking up late, no wars to fight and no peasants to rule it was obvious the knight would laze about, being how old he was to boot. Gerold inquired after the king, who was off planning something or other, and asked the servants about the Queen, she may be up to something. Taking the better part of the day to try to find her, he napped in his room until late evening, The Queen the servants said would be ready to attend court then. Entering the throne room, he was mystified to find no Queen or King. Inquiring after servants, he discovered the Queen left with her faithful guard Auden, a drinking partner, and has yet to be heard of. Auden mentioned her getting a dagger made, why she didn't use the castle blacksmith is anyone's guess. Armoring up, he grabbed his sword and mounted Karris. To town then, Saving a young Queen is just saving a old princess right?.

Gregory was awake, he had been in the stables all morning. Rowan was needing care of today. The horse was incredibly stubborn and would only be cared for by himself. Gregory only smiled during this time, caring for his horse. The steed had served him many times in battle since he was very young. He brushed his long chocolate mane with great care. "Rowan, you look mighty fine today might I say," he cooed softly. The horse snorted in an answer, clearly enjoying his time with his rider. Gregory finished brushing and went onto feeding the horse.

After Rowan finished, Gregory noticed the old knight Gerold. He no longer smiled and sighed. The old night was always sleeping in until noon and then heading out to do his duties. He raised an eyebrow, clearly interested why he was heading out. He saddled Rowan up and the. Led him over to where Gerold was. "Good day, Sir," he spoke, his gaze as cold as it usually was. "Where might you be headed?" He asked, if not a little curious. Gregory adjusted his armor a little before calmly returning his gaze back to him.

@BongoMancer2

Anais was busy, watching her son help with the household chores. She had clearly not attended the basement meeting, being busy with a few orders around town. She was a seamstress and mother first, it was her priority. "Mother, are just going to stand her or get on with the day?" Asked Alexandre suddenly, snapping Anais out of her thoughts.

"Oh, of course dear. I just need to run out for a bit, be a good boy in the mean time," she responded, recovering and smiling. She had to see if there was anything new her companions had discussed. She was clearly curious. Anais patted Alexandre on the head and started walking towards the blacksmith's shop. His basement was where they planned. She walked with a very confident walk, it was her way of saying I am brave and not afraid. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she approached. Outside was clearly the Queen and an Aristocrat she knew as Robert of Howlswood.

"Good day, my Queen and Sir Robert of Howlswood. What brings you here to our humble town," she spoke, a hidden steely tone underneath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerold looked at the young boy of a knight, I used to be that young, was the first though through his head. He sighed and took a second to register his question. "Queen left the castle without telling anyone, i'm an old friend of her sworn sword Auden, he mentioned she was getting a dagger forged for herself at the blacksmith in town". Gerold adjusted himself in Karris's saddle, the boy, Gregory, rode a majestic horse The beast could probably outrun half the stable if he put enough effort into it. The main thing that caught his eye was Gregory himself, The next generation of knights Gerold thought to himself. "I was going into town to find her, care to join me Sir Gregory? She's probably fretting over the hilt being slightly off color" Gerold smiled, hoping the lad had a sense of humor.

@LuckyMisfortune

"Queen left the castle without telling anyone, i'm an old friend of her sworn sword Auden, he mentioned she was getting a dagger forged for herself at the blacksmith in town," responded the elder knight. He took a little to respond, he was probably thinking of something. Gregory nodded, his face plain and void of emotion. Most were scared of this face, not knowing what he could do. Gregory watched Gerold adjust himself. The older night decided to speak again, "I was going into town to find her, care to join me Sir Gregory? She's probably fretting over the hilt being slightly off color."

Fretting over the hilt being slightly off color. Gregory made a weird face at that. You probably wouldn't be able to tell if it was amusement or disappointment of the Queen. Gregory never liked fussy and picky people. He supposed if it worked fine in battle or had importance, it was fine. "Ah, I see. It would be nice to join you Sir Gerold. I have nothing else to do at the moment after all," he responded forcing a small smile. Gregory's smile was kind of scary. He only truly smiled around animals, you see. His smile reserved for people was not quite as nice. With that he climbed onto Rowan and patted his head slightly.

@BongoMancer2

Sir Gerold

Gerold kicked Karris into gear, exiting the front gate. The ride was boring, idle conversation ruled the day. When reaching town it was almost night, some of the small folk still were out trying to finish a few things before darkness fell completely. The Queen is still here, we never did pass her on the road. I've known the Queen since Harrik married her, she wouldn't want to be among small folk for long. Gerold looked over at his travelling companion "Stay close, I have a bad feeling about this". Gerold headed first toward the local inn, If the Queen was on a 'connecting tour' as the steward said Harrik and the Queen needed to do that would be the first place to glance in. Gerold pulled up to the stable, Karris didn't stand out much to the others, and he didn't notice the Queen's horse either. Strange. "I'm going to be heading into Inn Gregory, just to check if she's there, you can come with me or check the Blacksmith, he should still be open" Gerold walked into the inn.

King Harrik

Harrik was in talks with the steward a vast majority of the day, managing his domain. The main concern was with his guard captain, a main named Uther, whos main concern was the 'revolt'

"My Liege it's hard not to hear the discontent within Howlswood, the peasants are planning something"

"What is this hogwash, the peasants are illiterate fools who believe I am a tyrant for trying to aid our glorious country"

"My Liege..."

Harrik stands up, the candles grow short as the light of the room dims, The King walks to the window and looks out surveying his city.

"If rebels do act...I will kill everyone single one of them to the man, I will guarantee that none live" With a determined look The King leaves the chamber, leaving Uther alone. Harrik walked through the halls of his castle thinking hard, what would Nathaniel do, he wondered. Nathaniel would run into the city with a sword and stick the nearest peasent with it the voice in his head said. Brave Stupid Nathaniel.

Gregory followed Gerold swiftly. Rowan may not have been the fastest horse, but he was good at keeping up. The ride was boring really. All they did was chatter or rode in silence. Gregory was used to this, the knights he was in charge of prepping were either his age or younger. They tried to make small talk with him, but he was too serious, too cold. Gregory was suddenly snapped out if his thoughts when the elder knight turned to him. "Stay close, I have a bad feeling about this," he had said, looking a little worried to him.

"Yes, sir," he responded being careful around the peasants. He had heard talk of a Revolution. Inside he laughed at their feat. This was no easy task to be sure. The king had an army with plenty of training. What did a small village of people have? Gregory then notice Gerold start towards the Inn. He raised an eyebrow at this, but did not question him. He thought it would be silly if the Queen would want to venture into the place. She had thought little of the peasants after all.

"I'm going to be heading into the Inn, Gregory. Just to check if she's there, you can come with me or check the Blacksmith, he should still be open," he said, walking into the Inn. Gregory figured it would be right to check the blacksmith. He set Rowan on the walk to the Blacksmith. He made it, noticing Sir Robert and the Queen. He left Rowan, to investigate. His sword was at his side if he needed it.

"My Queen, Knight Gerold and I have been searching for you. We were afraid of the Revolution attacking you. It's getting dangerous here after all," Gregory spoke, his strange colored eyes showing no emotion.

Sir Gerold or Sir Screw-Responsibility

Gerold entered the small inn, and now since the boy is gone... Gerold was no hero, no chivalric knight with a code of honor thick as Gregory's , he lost that in the last war when Nathaniel died, every old knight did. Gerold sat down at a table, he stood out of course but the inn keep was a old war veteran, the single eye and a hobble made sure of it.

"What'll it be Sir Knight"

"A small ale, also was the Queen around here anytime?" I asked with a smile, the old inn keep motioned to one of the serving girls and sat down...

"Maybe, saw a fancy cloak and a burly guy walk through here not to long ago, about...2 hours ago?" The drinks arrived promptly and the other patrons ignored Gerold quickly, best not earn the ire of a knight.

"But we've been a seein alot of your fancy horses round here"

Revolution my dear friend, that's why

"The King's been getting agitated lately over something, probably just increased patrols" Gerold took a drink of the ale, it was light, hardly the wine of the palace, but take what you can get eh?

King Harrik

Harrik looked over the city from the balcony of his room, his city. Night had fallen and the only sights were guard torches and fireplaces. He wondered where his queen was, the harlot left without so much of a word, and none of the servants knew a thing. Harrik waled over to his desk, opening it various letters, this aristocrat is demanding this, that knight wants this land, and this Lady wants to do things with this Noble. He opened the small compartment on the bottom, revealing a few letters, old and dated with age. There were about a dozen letters, a single name was written on many of them, Johanna. Johanna...it's been 12 years hasn't it. 12 years since the sickness took you away from me. He read over the various letters of his first wife, one or two were of his second The Lady Dedra, she died 5 years ago. He married Fahra...he couldn't even remember. Johanna's letters were over 2o-ish years before they were married, they met young, beautiful Johanna and me, a second son. Harrik leaned back in his chair and remembered the happy days before the wars. Nathaniel, Father, Johanna the memories came back. He quickly placed the letters away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back