Opinion Revolution between games.

So there are 2 MMO games I follow, that are both somewhat similar to each other. The second one took inspiration from the first.
Recently, the first game's community essentially "declared war" on the second game, and began making hundreds of bots/fake accounts/etc to spam, mess stuff up, etc.
The second game is new, so they have no idea what to do, and are helpless.
The first game's developers don't even care, as they simply call the second game a "clone".

For me, I've played the first game much longer, and it means a lot to me, however I have a personal connection to some of the devs in the second game.
I am taking a neutral stance, and a few others and I are trying to stop this nonsense. We are reaching out to the first game's devs too stop their people from doing this raidfest, but they say " we don't have control over what our community does to the clone."

The first game is owned by Unisoft,and the second, by a small company. Doesn't seem fair.

Your opinions? (I kept the names of the games in case some people happen to be on one side or the other and start drama).

Team 1 can enforce a punishment that increases in severity as it continues for those who spam team 2.
Team 2 can work with other small companies or reach out to the media and play the victim, which they are.

I'd say it hinges on just how much of a deliberate copy it is.

Team 1 can enforce a punishment that increases in severity as it continues for those who spam team 2.
Team 2 can work with other small companies or reach out to the media and play the victim, which they are.

I'd say it hinges on just how much of a deliberate copy it is.
That may work, however team 1's developers actually encourage the spamming of team 2 in some cases. Very immature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back