reveal of magic

Gaaron01234

The shopkeeper
I have a weird habit.

I write a selfinsert fanfic in my head.

Than i dream at nichts how i live in that world i made.

I tend to revisit worlds i like.

I replace the copyrighted content with slightly original stuff, i expand on The original concept ans remove parts that don't fit anymore. Sometimes i even reboot the whole thing or do sequels/prequels.

Why die i write this?

Well, the setting i want to talk about has been stuck in my head for SIX YEARS.

So please understand that i am somewhat attached to the whole thing.

(and it's also really friggin complex)

Anyways on to the story.

In ancient times humans have discovered the powers of magic .... And promptly sealed them away because humans can't be trusted with the power to shoot fireballs. But doing so angered an ancient god (whose name i never managed to decide on). Thus the seven humans that created the Seal (and still had their magic) created an order simply called the Guardians and swore to protect humanity from the monsters the god would send after them while also keeping the existence of magic secret. (yep they are pretty mich power rangers) Ans every new generation would also bring a new group of Guardians.

Fast forward a few thousand years.

The current generation of Guardians face a Problem. Why would a super powerful being like the ancient god only occasionally send a few monsters of increasing strength at our heroes? It was all a distraction! The ancient has spent all those millennia building a giant army deep underground. An army large enough to while out every living thing on the surface within days.

So backed into a corner the Guardians finally break their golden rule. At some time next week they send a message around the world. "Magic exists, an evil army is coming to kill us all, raise your arms and fight alongside us" well the message was actually longer and way more epic than that but I'll keep that for the actual RP.

And that is the moment where the game starts. Where where you when the world changed forever? How did you react to your whole worldview shattered In an instant and how will you fight in the all consuming war that is to come and will you survive both physically and mentally?

The story also comes with a magic system attached. ( yes humans can actually still use magic but it's way too convoluted to figure out by accident)

You can either throw around magic by spellcasting or by using an artifact.

Spells:

A spell I pretty much a piece of paper with some symbols and magic words written on it. You whisper or yell some more magic words and something magic flies out of the paper and hopefully kills the bad dude. I have a general idea of how the spells look and some guidelines on how to construct them but I don't want to stretch this post more than necessary. A general rule of thumb tough: The bigger the paper, the greater the effect.

That said though. Effective spellcasting requires lots of theoretical studying and even more physical training. So maybe the recruits gearing for war may want to take the easy alternative.

Artifacts:

Yes magic wands that shoot fireballs and enchanted swords are a thing but I was more thinking along the lines of body armor imbued with the unmoving earth to withstand tank shells or magic guns that shoot bullets which explode into holy fire on impact. You know, practical stuff.

Well then.

That is the basic gist of my idea so please post your opinion and suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Oh and maybe answer these questions.

1 how would you call an ancient god of magic who is really pissed and wants to kill us all?

2 should I allow the Guardians to be played by players or should they Sta in the hands of the gms? (warning Guardians are stupidly overpowered. Handle with care)

3 Idon'treallyhaveathreebutiwantedtowriteonesothereyougo uhm maybe

What category would this be?

Greetings Gaaron01234

[QUOTE="Paradox Turtle]1) Name him Bob

[/QUOTE]
I should have seen that name coming from miles away :)

But yeah, everyone calles him Bob but its actually B*b though nobody knows how to pronounce that so they go with Bob.

seems like the other 20 people who read this thread are fine with the way the story goes so i guess i'll wait till tomorrow and then drop a post in the Interest check thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back