• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings return to sender ✉ partner search! [updated 4/9/24]

arly

he/him
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwOkStpZ3mQ5B4_NRdAKf3Mk

hello, hello! arly here with a new and improved partner search thread. a bit about me from the get go:
20 years old , he/him
✉ i have about nine years of rp experience now? whew- regardless, i'm not new to the game, if that's what you'd call it. i call myself lazy-lit and my reply length generally averages around 250-500 words, capable of longer depending on what the scene requires
✉ my schedule is a bit hectic and my replies aren't always consistent ic, but i can be very chatty ooc if we catch on! unless i'm very bogged down in my personal life, i should always manage one or two replies a week, and possibly daily replies depending on the rp's pace. (long absences will be communicated about, and i'm totally okay with bumps if i take longer than expected!)
✉ OK with either discord or onsite dms (discord preferred for ooc)
✉ mostly interested in fantasy/supernatural and realistic/slice of life. i'm not interested in plots that are extremely grim for their entirety, but i'm absolutely open to darker themes popping up. we can discuss triggers to avoid early in plotting, since i want to make sure we're both as comfortable as possible!

and here's some of my partner guidelines:
17 or older, and hopefully within 4 of 5 years of my age
✉ capable of multi-paragraph replies
✉ i'm not too worried about reply times, i just ask that you communicate with me so i know you're not ghosting if it isn't your intention to do so. that said, i'm entirely ghost-friendly, and ask that you be as well! (if i ever ghost, it's nothing against you. i'm just a bit mentally ill and chronically forgetful, so if you see this and want to resume an earlier thread, feel free to reach out!) as always, real life is the priority.
✉ i'm a very big fan of ooc chatter, and like to mesh well with my partners above all else. i'd love a partner who's willing to gush about our characters together. please be willing to work together on the plot as we move forward, at the very least.
✉ i basically require romance for my 1x1 plots, and i pretty much only do lgbtq+ pairings. basically, i'm willing to do anything except m/f since i'm just a bit bored with it at this point.
✉ i've gotten to a point where i really struggle to find realistic faceclaims and i generally prefer art or animated fcs. i'm not totally against using real fcs, but thought this might be worth noting.

in the spoiler below i've listed some plots, pairings, and a word bank for ~vibes~ i'm interested in. i'm absolutely open to receiving plots outside of the ones listed here, though, so let me know what you've got. i'll have plots starred based on how much i'm interested in them, but i'm totally down for any.

PLOTS
Muse A is a magical being who, at one point or another, pissed off the wrong god and ended up sealed away. They stayed that way until Muse B, an ordinary person, accidentally broke the curse and set them free. Muse A is elated at their newfound freedom, but they quickly find that quite a lot of time has passed since they were originally sealed. Muse B ends up as their reluctant guide to the modern world.
****preference for muse b but ultimately open to either

002. Muse A and Muse B used to work as assassins, side by side: That is, until Muse A decides to leave the world of organized crime for good and disappears from the organization. Years pass, and Muse A has seemingly gotten away with it and established an ordinary life for themselves, with all thoughts of their previous line of work just a distant memory. Getting away couldn't be that easy, though, and when someone leaves a tip about Muse A's location, a bounty is quickly placed on their head. Muse B is quick to track Muse A down with the new information, but not to kill them like the orders say. All Muse B wants is an explanation for why their old partner left them behind.
*******ok with either muse. i'm very interested in campier crime stories!

003. Muse A just landed what seems like a pretty cushy gig: The graveyard shift at their local 24-hour laundromat. Few customers come in after dark, and they're perfectly fine with the late hours if it means getting paid to goof off unsupervised. Even if the building gets a little creepy, all alone... They soon meet Muse B, a late-night regular who's somewhere between captivating and off-putting in every interaction. Sure, Muse B has a strange lack of knowledge about the modern world, and sure, they only come out after dark, and sure, they're excessively pale and eyeing Muse A's neck more with every visit- but it's not like they could actually be a vampire, or anything!
*****yes, they are in fact a vampire. ok with either muse.

PAIRINGS (open to either muse for each of these!)
assassin x civilian
assassin x target
witch x shapeshifter
supernatural hunter x supernatural (vampires, werewolves, yokai, literally anything works for me!)
human x supernatural
supernatural x supernatural
single parent x teacher
teacher x teacher
royal x assassin
royal x pirate
royal x thief
detective x criminal
civilian x criminal

WORD BANK
annoyances to lovers | fake dating | royalty | fairy-tale inspired | ghibli-esque | witches |in vino veritas | rivalry (academic or otherwise) | university | opposites attract | pirates | urban fantasy | angels and demons | historical setting: medieval europe/feudal japan | supernatural creatures | campy crime | assassins | workplace shenanigans | single parent | basically any stupid romance trope

i usually stick to originals, but i'm still a sucker for a good fandom rp. i'll do either oc/oc or canon/canon for fandoms, but oc/canon isn't really for me. i'm alright with something canon-compliant or an au for any of these, and we can follow the lines of plots above if we go the au route.

dunmeshi- love the setting for this one! as far as canon pairings, kabru x mithrun and marcille x falin are both very near and dear to my heart. generally dnd vibes are fun for me.
bg3- admittedly i haven't finished act three yet, but along the same vibes as dunmeshi, i think playing as a pair of ocs dealing with the whole tadpole problem would be pretty fun? not especially interested in canon characters for this one
sakamoto days- a reach, but one that i'm always down for!! goes along with my assassin plots from earlier. for canons, both nagumo x shishiba and shin x natsuki are pairings that have my whole heart.
rwby- sorta dropping this one in here since it's on my mind with the post-volume 9 content. basically every ship in this one is fun for me, and i also adore making ocs for this universe!

that should be all! if you'd like to be partners, please send me a dm and tell me a bit about yourself/what you're interested in plot wise! i likely won't respond to replies on the thread, so please please dm me instead. regardless, happy hunting!

Last edited:
bump ! slightly updated but not much actually needed to be changed, all i really did was add a fandom section ^^' really craving either the 2nd (current x reformed assassin) or 3rd (vampire x customer service worker) plots listed at the moment !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back