• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Retro Spacer Adventure

Bronco

I pull levers
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo, So I've been listening to a lot of music from an old album called Carmen Miranda's Ghost and I gotta say, the whole retro sci-fi atmosphere it pretty great. If you're confused to what I mean by "Retro" sci-fi, just think of fallout and what the US envisioned a space-faring future would look like during the cold war. It's colorful while also remaining gritty and technical, with just a hint of geeky jargon, and I want to explore ALL OF IT.

The idea is simple. We'll be a small crew on a private owned freighter getting caught up in all kinds of adventures. Any species is welcome, as this is a space sci-fi. Feel free to drop a reply if you're interested.

Link to one of the songs from the album (for atmospheric reasons and inspiration):

The Loosey Goosey.PNG

Last edited:
good to hear, ironing out world (faction) details currently

Just from reading your description I'm getting a massive Atompunk vibe. I might be in, pending further details on setting, plot, etc.

Ok probably just gonna start this now and then work out factions and lore as we go. That being said, feel free to develope your own sci do characters with whatever spacey lore u see fit. Just make sure we’re not dealing with any magic or absurdly old characters from some undiscovered sector. I’ll post an initial intro when we start this up. Let me put a topic in the group rp section and then you can get to posting your characters.

It's up, submit your characters so we can get started

If interested, submit a character in the rp thread and let’s kick this off

Are there any particular requirements for our Character Sheets? A limit on the kinds of characters we can play? Also, will a description suffice, or do we need a picture for our character, and if so, does it have to be a realistic face claim? Thanks!

really no requirements to the characters, I do request that they actually fit in with this environment though. No magic is going to be a big thing too, as this is a purely mechanical world at the moment. As for the sheet, format it however you want. A picture would be preferable, but if you can't find or don't have and adequate one then a description is fine. As for face claims, you don't have to have them be realistic.

really no requirements to the characters, I do request that they actually fit in with this environment though. No magic is going to be a big thing too, as this is a purely mechanical world at the moment. As for the sheet, format it however you want. A picture would be preferable, but if you can't find or don't have and adequate one then a description is fine. As for face claims, you don't have to have them be realistic.
Alright, sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back