• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Rejected Connection (Muse x SSS)

When she ran back into the apartment Akechi was at that moment standing in the kitchen, him at the stove evidently preparing something. He looked over at her and asked with a monotone voice, "Is that a good thing?" For one he didn't have the foggiest why this was such a great thing, seeing as how he had only gotten to know her for a day at most so far. Regardless he went back to his work in the kitchen and said with a slight shrug of his shoulders, "Anyway Something simple enough will do for us tonight." At the moment he was simmering some ingredients in the pot, him having already having set the rice to cook while she was out. "Hope you're alright with Oyakodon," he simply said as he glanced over at her and then back down to the pot of ingredients, the rice sitting off to the side in a large bowl of it's own.

"Sorry if I confused you, I want to give myself every chance I can get to master the study of Crime Scene Investigation, so of course it's a good thing to me at least." She looked at what he was preparing with curiosity, "Oyakodon sounds good, except can you add more dashi powder to mine." She smiled and looked through the photos she snatched and soon set them aside. Yang Mi admired how he was cooking and watched him cook the whole time, "Where did you learn how to cook? You're super talented!"

"I suppose I can," he simply said as he started to spoon some rice in two different bowls, him getting ready to add the finished product on top as it was about done. When there was a suitable amount of rice in each bowl he started to spoon the Oyakodon atop the bedding, him saying as he did so, "Everyone should know how to cook to some degree." After he said that he paused for a short moment, him sitting the pot in the middle of the table on a heat resistant board. As he laced the large bowl of rice next to the pot he continued, "Becoming an adult means one should know how to take care of oneself. Cooking simply falls into the Independence one should strive for." In truth he could cook well enough, him not really seeing any reason to delve to deep into such a thing as long as he was good enough to feed himself sufficiently.

With all of that said he placed the two bowls he made on either side of the table, a tea kettle also now accompanying the conglomeration of items now on the table. "Feel free to get seconds if you want," he stated as he took his seat and poured himself some odder than most green tea, it being the kind that his mother likes the most. Hōjicha was the tea that was served this day, it this time being served hot as was the usual.

Though as he was about to start eating the front door opened and his mother walked into the apartment, her exclaiming as she did so, "What a long week. It's good to be home!" After that some noise could be heard in the living area and then she walked around the corner into the dining room, her saying with a rather warm smile as she saw the two of them at the table, "Oh my how cute! It's good to see the two of you getting along so well."

Akechi spoke then looking over at his mother, "Would you like to eat as well mother?"

"I certainly would,"
she said with a nod of her head and then added as she walked over with a bowl and cup in her hands, "I couldn't wait to get back home and eat some good cooking again." With that said she started to do up her bowl like the two of them currently had, her also pouring some tea as well.

"This is my mother Bartholomew Aoi,"
Akechi said motioning over at her and then back over to Yang Mi, "Mother this is Yang Mi."

"Nice to meet you Yang Mi, you can all me Aoi since I know our last name is a bit of a mouthful," she said with a light laugh and then took a bite of the food.

Yang Mi bowed when she saw Aoi entered, "Nice to meet you as well!" As usual her smile took up her face. Yang Mi sat down on one of the bar stools and started to eat at a slow pace. "Thank you Akechi, this is delicious." After finishing her food she grabbed her bowl and started to clean it under hot water, soon putting it on the drying rack.

Yang Mi bowed again and headed off into her room. Aoi smiled and sat down on the bar stool and looked at Akechi, "So, how do you like Yang Mi? I think she's sweet." Aoi gave Akechi a forbearing look and continued to finish her food.

Akechi ate with his mother and eventually started to clean up, his mother sticking around and asked as she leaned against the counter, "So how have things been so far?"

He replied with a light shrug of his shoulders, "The usual. She's accident prone and I figure she'll continue to hurt herself if not watched carefully."

Aoi let out a light laugh and then nodded, "Ah yeah, her father said as much on the phone." She paused for a short moment and then added, "Though she's a good girl so I think having her live here will be a good thing."

"If you say so mother,"
he simply said as he started to rinse the soap off of the dishes in the adjacent sink.

"Don't stay up too late now okay,"
she said as she made her way to the hallway and eventually into her room across from Akechi's room, his room next to Yang Mi's room.

"Have a good nights sleep mother," Akechi sad as she watched his mother walk into the hallway, him at the moment putting the dishes in the drying rack to dry for the night.

Yang Mi was quite tired, she decided to call it a night. Walking towards her bed, she let out a tired sigh and hopped into her bed. It didn't even take a minute for her to fall asleep, she was already out.

Soon after, Yang Mi's father arrived home and slipped off his shoes to change into his slippers. Her father Hideji started to walk over to Yang Mi's room to check on her only to see that she was asleep, "She must be tired."

Aoi quickly went to sleep, her having had a rather long week of work and travel.

Akechi however stayed up for a bit in his room and read a few chapters of a book, it something that he usually did when he had a bit of time before he wanted to sleep. Though eventually he went to sleep and slept rather soundly, but that was also the usual for the young man. Regardless since tomorrow was Sunday he didn't figure on waking early, him more or less planning on sleeping in a bit more than normal since he didn't have anything to take care of.

Yang Mi was the first one to wake up among the others in the house. She decided to stay in room figuring it would be a better choice to go on her phone. Yang Mi decided to watch some dramas on her phone to kill some time. She didn't feel the brightest that morning, she was lusterless. She never liked going to bed early, but she was so tired. As the morning sun shone through the curtains Yang Mi groaned and rolled over to avoid such light.

The morning waned a small bit as Akechi and Aoi slept rather soundly, neither of them seemed like they would be waking up early this morning. Coincidentally the day that followed was fairly uneventful, Akechi spent his day reading a bit more and cooked with his mother since she was now home. Eventually the day ended and the lot of them once again retired for the night, tomorrow being the start of the school week.

The next day Akechi was awake early in the morning, him preparing himself some simple egg whites for breakfast. Although this time he thought ahead and made some for the new member of the household as well, him not bothering with his mother as he knew that she wouldn't be up at this hour.

Yang Mi let in the smell of Akechi's cooking and immediately woke up. To avoid any embarrassment, she threw on her uniform and slipped on her slippers soon heading to the kitchen. A slight smile appeared on her face as she was greeted with the perfectly lit room along with the essence of the breakfast. Yang Mi walked over to the island and sat on the bar stool with her hands in her lap. She smiled, "Good morning!" Yang Mi was feeling optimistic that morning making her think that today was going to be just fine.

As the plate was set before her, she let that smile appear on her face again. She grabbed her chopsticks and started to eat.

By the time she had made it out of bed and into sight Akechi was already sitting down and eating his meal at the bar. Him having only prepared egg whites so wit wasn't like he spent much time preparing a large elaborate meal this morning, though this was his usual routine before school anyway. Once he arrived and sat down before the plate he had set out he replied to her with a light nod of his head, him having finished, "Morning." After he said that she stood from the stool and said as he made his way to the restroom, "Don't take that long eating." He went to the bathroom to simply brush his teeth, him preferring to eat and then brush mainly becasue tasting breakfast with the minty flavor in ones mouth as ever so annoying.

A bit later he walked back into the dining area brandishing his satchel, which he used for school obviously. "I guessed showing you the way this morning would be best," he simply said as he made his way over to the door, him adding as he did so, "It's one short train ride and then a brief walk to the school from home." Considering he said that he continued as he waited by the front door, "Are you ready to head off?"

Yang Mi listened to Akechi while washing her plate, "Got it." Once finishing she smiled and nodded, "Yes." She then followed him out the door. The morning was quite pleasant, it almost being summer. Yang Mi let in the morning dew along with the welcoming brightness of the sun. "I always base off my day from my mornings, what about you?" Yang Mi waited for his answer patiently while observing the area around her, she didn't mind the city...living in Japan all her life, yet the area was new to her. The sun shone differently to her since all the buildings were basically blocking the morning sun, it was quite frustrating to her...yet she let it slide.

The cars zipped past them as they continued to walk, causing fallen leaves to go insane, it made Yang Mi smile at this morning...she knew that it would be a good day no matter what.

"Mornings are more or less the same," he simply said with a slight shrug and then continued, "Though I suppose one with a bright sun would put people in a good mood." With that said he looked back forward away from Yang Mi, him swiping the card and making his way into the subway car. Candidly he didn't mind riding the subway, even if it was usually a bit crowded this time of day.

After taking up a spot in the car he stood and waited for it to move, though he was shortly interpreted by a guys voice calling out to him, "Ah! Akechi!"

He glanced to the side to see a fellow student standing a short way away from him and Yang Mi, her replied after looking at the guy for a moment, "Nakamura. Do you need me for something?"

"Ever the stoic handsome type right?"
Nakamura said with a boisterous laugh and then added with a slight raise of his brow, "One hundred percent MC material."

"Delusional like always,"
Akechi said and tuned his attention back outside of the window, him simply ignoring Nakamura at the moment.

At this disinterest from Akechi Nakamura leaned a slight bit backwards to see that it seemed like Akechi had company, him cocking his head to the side with a confused expression. "Is this girl the heroine in your story?" Nakamura asked flat out.

Yang Mi ignored their conversation and looked at the rest of the people in the subway...quite average she thought. Once she heard those words escape Nakamura lips she quickly turned her head, "I hope whatever you said went over my head." It made her blush a little bit, but she knew that it was probably a misunderstanding. Looking at Akechi with a shocked/embarrassed look she looked out the window of the subway and gripped onto the pole tightly. Her palms began to get sweaty, especially being this close to Akechi. Nakamura's presence made her slightly uncomfortable especially after what he had asked Akechi. Stop thinking about it and it'll just pass She had thought to herself, yet it didn't. It followed her like a shadow.

Akechi simply ignored what his classmate was saying, him just not paying the guy any attention as the transport made it's way toward the school. Eventually the doors opened and he stepped out into the station, him looking back and saying nonchalantly, "Follow me. The school is his way."

Nakamura spoke as he took up a spot next to Yang Mi, him whispering to her as he did so, "So what gives? Why are the two of you buddy buddy." He paused for a short moment and then added with a quirked eyebrow, "He flat out ignores me most of the time but he's showing you to the school. Something's got to be up."

It was quite weird when Nakamura had said that, it entered her brain but decided to leave her thoughts knowing that Akechi was being polite and showing her the way to school. Nakamura's presence made her question her relationship with Akechi, Does Akechi like me? She had thought, Of course not, my thoughts are just taking over. Not wanting to make Nakamura anticipate her response, she tried to come up with something to say, Not wanting to embarrass Akechi by saying they were living together, "Uh, I didn't know what a subway was so I got lost, I've never seen a subway in my whole entire life." That was obviously the biggest lie ever, subways are everywhere in Japan. It was incredibly embarrassing, that sentence made her look like a complete idiot. She let Nakamura walk away with full uncertainty while she tried to hide her face from both of the boys.

He wondered why she made up such a weird story instead of just telling what the actual reason was. There were several reasons she could be keeping her current living situation a secret, although in all honesty he didn't really see a reason to find out why. With that in mind he glanced over his shoulder as they tarted to near the school, him saying as he did so, "Delving into a woman's personal life might be why you are without a girlfriend Nakamura."

"Ugh,"
he said with a light shake of his head and slumped shoulders, "I can't pull the stoic like you and get the affectionate stares, all I have is annoyingly persistent on my side." He paused for a short moment and then said with a confident nod of his head, "I'm sure there's a lady out there somewhere that'll dig it."

Yang Mi had heard a couple of the words Nakamura had been saying, yet the rest was inaudible. She continued to walk behind them, gripping onto her backpack straps tightly. Yang Mi rubbed her eyes due to her still being tired, she looked like a little child that hadn't had a nap.

She looked at the back of Nakamura's head and then Akechi's, she felt a little left out, knowing how annoying she would be to the other's...she shook it off and continued to walk casually behind them. After the silence, Yang Mi sucked up the courage to finally speak, "Uh excuse me, when are we going to arrive at school?" She sounded like a four year-old...maybe because she hadn't spoken in forever (exaggeration). She looked at the boys as they turned around,
whoa...they're quite intimidating.

Just as she asked when they would be arriving at school the building was in sight, Akechi raising a brow at the rather odd question. Though he figured that she was just not use to taking this specific path to the building, hence the question. With the school in sight he spoke with a shooing motion toward Nakamura, "Now shoo. Best to not be late to class again or the teacher will be very annoyed."

Nakamura's face turned into a grimace as if imagining that very eventuality, him saying before making a beeline away from the two of them, "Too true. See ya!"

While all of this was going on a deal of people were looking their way, Nakamura being the one that drew the attention initially but the attention was held when the people noticed Akechi was the one he was conversing with. Akechi glanced around and then said looking back over at Yang Mi, "Come, class awaits." He didn't have any classes with the young woman, mainly due to his absurdly high grades.

Yang Mi nodded in response and pulled up her knee-high socks...due to them sliding down making her uncomfortable, "Do you always take this route?" Yang Mi let her inquisitive side take over her, making her smile awkwardly. It was quite embarrassing to be walking (living) with someone that has quite a high IQ compared to her risible grades that would drive anyone away. Everyone would know her as an embarrassment now, she was the talk of the school anyway...she was the one causing deliberation within the school.

Yang Mi looked up at Akechi with a slight smile, looking back at the busy subway station behind her, the huddle of people soon fading behind her, "This route is definitely interesting I'd say." Trying to break the silence she let out a small weak laugh.

Edit:
Yang Mi nodded in response and pulled up her knee-high socks...due to them sliding down making her uncomfortable, "Do you always take this route?" Yang Mi let her inquisitive side take over her, making her smile awkwardly. It was quite embarrassing to be walking (living) with someone that has quite a high IQ compared to her risible grades that would drive anyone away. Everyone would know her as an embarrassment now, she was the talk of the school anyway...she was the one causing deliberation within the school.

Yang Mi looked up at Akechi with a slight smile. She didn't care that other people were looking at her, she just continued to smile.

"Yes it's the quickest route," Akechi simply said in response to the young woman's question, him looking ahead as he started to make his way to the classroom. To him the day was the same as ever, the only thing that was different was that he ran into Nakamura and had a tag along from his homestead. Regardless even though the start of the day was different school was still the same as it always was. People looked his way when he made his way to his class and the atmosphere was the same as usual.

"This is my class,"
he said with a light nod of his he as he looked over at Yang Mi, him then adding as he turned and lifted his hand up in a backwards wave to the young woman, "Try not to trip and fall while I'm away." His last comment was obviously becasue of how the two of them spent their time over the weekend, him remembering quite well how she seemed to just injure herself over and over again when she first moved in.

Once he stepped inside of the class some girls asked as he made his way to his seat, "Akechi-san who's the girl?"

He answered with his usual stoic face, him looking over at the girl who asked, "She's staying with me and my mother becasue of family circumstances." He just flat out said it without a seconds pause, him not caring at all if such a thing would be surprising to those present. "We should quiet down before the teacher arrives," he said abruptly as he took his seat and placed his satchel next to him on the floor.

Yang Mi gave a weak goodbye and stood there watching Akechi disappear into his classroom. Yang Mi sighed and walked towards her classroom lethargically. Once she had finally arrived in the noisy and obnoxious Classroom F, she just sat down quietly with her head hung low. Some of her classmates looked at her and asked, "Why are you so sad? Is it because that boy in Class A? Just forget about him, it's not like you have a chance anyway." Others would say, "I heard that some girl in Class A fancies him, she's part of tennis club." When Yang Mi had heard this that sadness had turned into anger yet she just tried to shake it off.

Class had begun as usual...English came first which everyone despised, yet they tried to get through it as usual. Break soon arrived which the sounds of chatter filled the room along with the sound of bento boxes being opened and closed. Yang Mi made everyone concerned considering that Class F had such a tight bond...everyone was friends which was odd. Yang Mi slipped her bento box out of her backpack along with her chopsticks container, she opened her bento box to reveal the lunch she had made the day before...it had an eggroll, dorayaki, Anpan, and two sushi rolls. Yang Mi sighed and simply put everything away...she didn't have an appetite at all.

The people in the class were a bit shocked at the answer that Akechi had given them, and rightly so considering how most see him. The young man was more or less a school celebrity, someone who most people wold just look at from afar and pine over. Now though suddenly someone at the same age starts to live with him out of the blue? Such a thing would surely cause such a shocked reaction, even if he didn't think too much of it whatsoever.

The day went on as it usually did, him paying attention in his classes and taking notes as the lessons went on. Eventually lunchtime came to pass and he simply took out a thermos that contained some still hot soup he had decided on earlier before leaving the apartment. After pouring it into the lid he started to sip at it while reading over some parts of the previous lesson. While he was doing all of this quite a few members of his top class were conversing with each other, all of them female obviously. The guys just couldn't be bothered with all of this, though most of them were still a bit curious about who this girl actually was.

Yang Mi looked around the classroom which had become even louder. Her eyes followed some movement but then she just turned her head and faced the chalk board. She decided to save her food for another thirty minute break that would come up in about three hours. Yang Mi thought it would be best to get a small snack from the half empty vending machine that hadn't been filled in five months.

Yang Mi stood up and noticed that some people were looking at her with a look of sympathy, they didn't like seeing Yang Mi like that knowing that she usually came to school with a bubbly look and attitude on her face. She turned the corner sharply and hit her shoulder on the wall but she just rubbed it and faced the vending machine. It had a couple of snacks that looked good, but she decided to get these little gelatin stars that had some jelly filling in them. She had always loved that snack, she would buy them with her father when she was younger. Yang Mi fed the machine with her dollar and waited for the small bag to fall which it did.

Yang Mi grabbed the bag and headed back to her classroom. Some students were walking around the school which they looked at Yang Mi and snickered. Yang Mi of course ignored this and let it go once she reached the classroom. Yet again her classmates looked at her with the same look which she bowed in response. She sat down and started to doodle on her desk with a small dull pencil.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back