Regrettable Moments

Meredith

of Fiendish Intent
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
We all have those moments. Those ones where we say or do things we shouldn't. Those moments we don't think before we speak and end up creating a running joke.

Especially, it seems, when we're children.

This thread is a place to share some of those stories. And here, we'll start with one of mine.

Around three years ago, I was at a friend's house. We were set to order a pizza from Little Ceaser's. (Not great pizza, but hey... it's cheap.)

Because I was set to pay, I absently asked "How much is a five dollar pizza?".

I don't think I've ever seen Rai laugh that hard.

Her father looked at me, quite seriously... and said 'six twenty-five.'

Anyone up for sharing?

My greatest regret has been joining this site.

Now I'm stuck with you excellently marvellous shitlords.

Oh goodness, lets see... I'll have to think.

1. Ever talking to Simj. Leik, evr. Kappa

2. I regret ever joining Tumblr. The shit I've seen... I mean, seriously! I just wanted to look at cakes, but I got [Censored]! //shudders

3. I also regret the fact that, in sixth grade, I got really happy and excited about something in class and started singing the Caramel Dansen Song in the middle of class. I certainly got a couple looks.

//maybe more to come.

Today I was strolling through Walmart with The Hubs, just looking at stuff. We turn the corner and stare down the camping aisle and I see a box on the top shelf. Without reading anything or getting a totally clear look at the picture on the box, my brain immediately jumps to conclusions. I exclaim in loud girly squeal of glee that I can't believe Walmart has a "camping microwave!!!!"

The moment I said it I clapped my hand over my mouth, but the damage was done. The Hubs and I both laughed at it forever. In reality the item was a small safe. I've no clue what it was even doing in the camping section.

Sadly, camping microwaves, to my knowledge, still don't exist, and when I'm forced to go camping with the Hubs I will have to continue to cook food like a completely primitive.

Yesterday I went to my bestfriend's birthday party, and the moment I got there I realized I forgot to get her a gift.

Instead of making something up like, 'Oh I left it at home,' I told her I ordered her gift off of Amazon and that it hadn't come in the mail yet.

Now I HAVE to get her something really good for her birthday,

I'm the worst gift-giver ever.

I used to be quite a daydreamer. During a woodwork trip (scrounging for material,) I started sawing a large rock. I ruined one of my teacher's saws.

Apparently that was a first impression to my new class.

Sometimes, to fill awkward silences, I will jabber nonsense like a madmen to keep from feeling uncomfortable. This has created some regrettable moments for me.

Once I asked someone what Hitler's last name was.

Oh, and I suck at remembering people's faces or where I know them from.

Ohh, another regrettable moment-

When I was little, I used to stare at myself in mirrors when I cried. If I was having a meltdown, I'd run into the bathroom and stare at myself and sob--if I felt like I wasn't getting enough attention, I'd cry even louder.

I was a weird kid.

I worked in a game store once upon a time, which has resulted in a number of funny stories revolving round me, much to the amusement of my co-workers and managers. This is about a game which was released just before the current gen consoles. It was a long week, with long hours plus a midnight release which ended at half 3 in the morning, followed by a 9 am start the next day.

I would like to stress now, that I was really, REALLY tired. But here we go, it is a bit rude, fair warning :P

With every sale we offer disc insurance. It’s a quid, pretty cool, covers you game against any damages for a year. If you break it and we can't fix it, we replace it. No forking out for a new game.

Now it comes to 4 in the afternoon and we have been working none stop. In fact my voice is starting to give up and I’m working on auto pilot, as everyone is asking for the same game (GTAV). Then along comes this poor, 'innocent' customer. He hands over his pre-order slip, strikes up small talk, the norm ya know?

I grab his game, scan it and then dive into the additional offers we have running that day and eventually come to disc care…but do I say disc? No I come out with

“We also offer dick care.” I then put on the biggest smile I can muster.

Of course, right off the bat, the customer picks up on my slip up and the fact I clearly have no idea what I just said. But does he say anything? No. Of course he doesn't. He knows the deal, he's heard my co-workers as well as myself rambling on about it when he was in the queue. We even had lil flyers explaining the deal.

What he does do however, is begin to grin in a weird way.

I, on the other hand, am slightly confused at this point, as I have no idea what he’s grinning about. If anything I think it’s a bit creepy, but unknown to me, both my managers have also heard and are stood behind me in silent tears of sheer joy. They didn’t say anything either...

And so the rest of the conversation rolls out like this:

Customer, still grinning: “So what does that include?”

I, shrugging it off continue: “Scratch it, burn it, heck even snap it in half and if we can’t fix it, we’ll replace it with a new one! Good isn’t it? Lasts a year.”

Now the customer bursts out laughing, but buys it with a wink before saying "Fingers crossed I won't have to come back in!" then walks out, still giggling to himself.

It was only after he left that my managers told me, still laughing, about what I had done. :P Instant regret and now a running joke in the store >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back