• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Regalia of Potential (Metahuman/Superhero RP)

Aminora

Things will be okay if I breathe
Regalia Of Potential

About thirty years ago...(1987)

The first metahuman set foot on American soil. Nobody knows where they came from, some say he came from the ocean, and most scientific evidence points to that he did. Wherever he came from, he possessed an awful lot of strength.

That wasn't the only incident. While this mysterious individual was a benevolent being, his successor wasn't. The next superhuman to land up in America was speculated to have come from the heavens above. He was the opposite of the first. The two met and, by chance, they turned on each other.

The first metahuman turned to face the newcomer, the one who had just walked into the sushi bar. Both of them were sizing each other up, and understanding each other's power. The first's hands were lighting up with a bright yellow light, radiating heat. The newcomer had a more mysterious ability. Parts of his body seemed to phase in and out of existence in silver wisps, as if he was ready to disappear in any moment.

First Metahuman: "You're doing the wrong thing, taking money from the innocent and helpless!"
Newcomer: "They were the ones that stole first. This planet belongs to us, rightfully. It doesn't matter what of theirs I take."

With a shout, the newcomer disappeared, and reappeared behind the first. The first turned around and threw a fist at the newcomer, striking him square in the stomach, and sending him through the wall of the sushi bar and through the back.

Not only does this mark the first time that a metahuman went against another, it also marks the first time when a hero and villain had a go at each other. Soon after this incident, several more metahumans began showing up in the world, revealing their powers to the world, for both good and bad. Large-scale battles between heroes and villains broke out, resulting in the loss of life as well as millions in property damage.

Twenty-five years later (2012), the first Hero regulations are instated. The first of these cities were a place called Ridgehold. It was no coincidence, as Ridgehold had the most metahumans of any city. 10% of the population had special powers.

In Ridgehold, the common sight would be a superhero leaping from rooftop to rooftop on patrol, watching for any type of criminal activity. But little was it known to the public, that there were also villains, people with a psychotic intent to destroy, cause chaos, and use their power for their own personal gain without a care about who they go through.

That's what our society has come to. Heroes and Villains fighting for dominance in a large city. The only thing that unites all super powered beings is the Regalia of Potential, a concept that describes that the reason for all these powers aren't simply coincidental.

• Hello! I'm going to make a superhero roleplay. If you choose to join, you can make...
    -Heroes!
    -Villains!
    -Vigilantes!
    -Neutral Characters!
    -Non-Superhumans!
    -Aliens...?

If you want to join, just let me know your interest below or give me some other form of indication you want to participate. I only have a few rules so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back