• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Refraction [OOC]

Parallax

That man is playing Gallaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Every day, you notice colors collide with other colors. They formulate a unique arrangement; a pattern. Some colors blend good with others. You'll notice that some occasionally don't. Everything has a color of some kind. But did you ever stop to think that humans are just as similar to differentiating shades of the rainbow? Some of us mix, whereas some of us don't. Each color affects people differently. Some create energy; power. Some reflect a tranquil stature. If you stop to think about it now after taking this all in, which one are you? Surely you have an idea.

• Everyone has their color, the more you think about it. When you break your personality down into key words, you'll find more and more that you can be classified as a shade of the Earth. Maybe this bothers you. Maybe it interests you. But either way, it's true. And you're now faced with a parade of separate hues, each falling into their own place. How do you clash with others? Do you make a beautiful design of artwork, or a hideous clutter of debris?

nebulo.demo.png

"Red protects itself. No color is as territorial. It stakes a claim, is on alert against the spectrum."
Red is the color of ardor, but also aggression. Red is someone who's passionate, powerful, confident, attractive, and sharp tongued. They can't resist speaking their mind, and their temper is wild. They're a wild, sometimes party type who always have something to say and always need to get in the last word. Many are attracted to their confident stride. They can be harsh, ruthless, and vain.

nebulo.demo.png

"Orange is a color of liberation, from the pains of hurtful love and inner insecurities. To 'channel orange' is to truly be free, to be you."
Orange is someone who's an optimistic social butterfly, with unique personality traits. They tend to be a breath of fresh air to many, but may also rub others the wrong way. They're bright, warm-hearted, and nurturing. You'll find them to be perky, and lively. Another common trait is loudness. They can be immature, sensitive, and overly talkative.

nebulo.demo.png

"Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Beams of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future."
Yellow is someone who's intelligent and sharp, with defined opinions. They are strong-willed and resilient to hate, always seeing the good in others. They're respectful, and obey authority. You'll find them to be social as well, but not quite as forward as orange. They're a little bit more shy, but still just as popular. They're positive thinkers, and you'll hear their bright side of life as much as you'll let them talk about it. They don't speak very openly about their emotions, but they're still eager to be a listener. They can be impatient, stubborn, and unrealistic.

nebulo.demo.png

"He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament."
Green is someone who's independent, free-spirited, and lovers of life. They tend to prefer being outdoors, and are frequently die-hard animal lovers. They seem to have a sort of balance to them, as if peaceful. Some call them wise beyond their age. But these are on good days. They're tranquil, and against controversy. When you speak to them, it's easy to get lost in their individualistic charm.

nebulo.demo.png

"Blue is the closest color to truth."
Blue is someone who's upbeat, extensively creative, and humorous. They're generally fun to be around, and keep up great conversations. They're trustworthy and loyal. Not to mention easy to talk to. But the biggest frustration about them is they don't open up. Inside, they're locked. They have no real need to express their emotions. They're conservative and cautious. They can be depressed, secretive, and unsafe.

nebulo.demo.png

"Is a mysterious color combining of red and blue to suggest both nobility and candor."
Purple is someone who's entertaining and vivacious. They don't see the glass half full, or half empty. They're withdrawn, vengeful, secretive at times, with a tendency to be sly. They're usually hiding themselves just to play it safe. They can be mistrusting, but extremely loyal to those who gain their security. Purple is artistic, but sometimes sheepish and insecure. They can be paranoid, manipulative, and neurotic.

nebulo.demo.png

"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. But above all, it says 'You don't bother me- I don't bother you'."
Black is someone who's bottled up, reserved, and silent. They tend to keep their thoughts to themselves, and don't voice much of anything. They're the strong silent type, and always seem to be unfazed by actions of others. Inside though, they're extremely emotional and can lash out if pushed. Black is cryptic and calculated, always with a plan for something. They're almost always gone in their thoughts. They can be apathetic, moody, and unsociable.

nebulo.demo.png

"White projects a sense of security, cleanliness, and new beginnings. Doctors don a white coat, brides wear white gowns, and a white picket fence surrounds a happy and safe home."
White is someone who's pure, affectionate, and peaceful. They're extremely receptive to others emotions and have a welcoming familiarity to them. They're as sweet as can be, respectful, and seem like they can do no wrong. They are usually positive people who enjoy helping others in their spare time. They're selfless, innocent, and a little curious at times. They can be naive, pushovers, and painfully timid.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

This is the discussion thread or OOC chat for Refraction. Other links..
In Character Chat | OOC Chat | Interest Check | Character Sheets

Last edited:
should we include our character's personlity in detail or can we leave it out? Parallax Parallax

Last edited:
Quick question. On the CS page, you said you wanted to know a reason why our character is in the town. So they don't have to live there? Could they have stumbled upon the town, and now can't leave? (Or doesn't want to/is advised not to/etc.)

Quick question. On the CS page, you said you wanted to know a reason why our character is in the town. So they don't have to live there? Could they have stumbled upon the town, and now can't leave? (Or doesn't want to/is advised not to/etc.)
Basically every time they try to leave, something happens to where they can't. Like the town draws them in permanently.

I think I've got an idea for my character, I'm just going to read through a few different CSs to figure out how I should go about writing mine, then flesh her out a bit. I should have a complete CS out tomorrow, Friday at the very latest.

I'll be posting mine tonight in the reserved section and let you all know when it's finished ^~^ Thanks so much for the interest

Got one character up. I'll finish my male tomorrow ^~^

Finished my guy. Just need some more guys cause we're female-flooded lolol

The main thread is up and linked here! Feel free to post at any time :)

Parallax Parallax
Quick question, do the characters refur to people as their colours in this world? Like "I heard she was a red" or "you must be a green kinda guy"
Or was it just for character creation purposes

Parallax Parallax
Quick question, do the characters refur to people as their colours in this world? Like "I heard she was a red" or "you must be a green kinda guy"
Or was it just for character creation purposes
It's for the sake of character creation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back