• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ah, the dark wizard tite kubo, destroyer of backgrounds
But seriously those maps have no key so they're basically useless, and none of this actually matters so I guess we should all just take it as an object lesson in why setting the scene is important yeah
Also Mappy is surprisingly stuck up for an errand boy he probably gets bullied on his days off

Look, the setting issue there is what it is. I've already said I rushed it to get things posted and rolling and apologized for doing so. It happened, tada.

Yep, no point dwelling on it, we'll just have to work together and cover the gaps here in between bouts of kicking Mappy in the shins

Yeah, take it easy. Forcing yourself to crank out a post tends to suck out the fun and makes you hate the game.

Geez with all these interaction I guess I should make another post huh? Man way to put on the peer pressure guys making me feel bad over here.

Ennuis Ennuis

To be fair it is the other town's jurisdiction. There are times for good old fashioned frontier justice of just killing the dude, but usually in your jurisdiction and if you have exhausted the attempts to bring them in alive.

Ennuis Ennuis

Oh well in that case Frontier Justice applies for the duration of the crime taking place and then a stern lecture to which all of the area must hear about regarding the importance of local Sheriff's Department and an impromptu event to hire a Sheriff for said locality.

Ah, the dark wizard tite kubo, destroyer of backgrounds
But seriously those maps have no key so they're basically useless, and none of this actually matters so I guess we should all just take it as an object lesson in why setting the scene is important yeah
Also Mappy is surprisingly stuck up for an errand boy he probably gets bullied on his days off
Hey, you making beef on my maps? I wrote more than half of the city descriptions, I know that map like the back of my hand.

Eh the maps are workable for what we're doing IMO. Broad strokes for a broad strokes general setting, not going crazy on unnecessary and forced "rich deep lore" or anything, 's fine, we can just write out and define bits as we go long as we mind setting the scene.

In that case it'd be nice if you could go all the way and write a legend, too
Yea I admit a legend would be nice...
The problem is that the map is split into like 4 parts that detail a whole wide assortment of things. My qualm with making a legend is what good it'd do. If you squint your eyes (which admittedly isn't that fun) you can see minor text showing where the major cities are in a province. Most are port or beside river cities so just look out for those. Another thing, water is incredibly legible and roads don't really need to be mapped out unless there's this specific path that needs to be taken.

Maybe I'm not the best at orienteering but I'm just not sure what a legend would do for this.

It'd... tell people what the fuck any of the everything on the map is actually meant to mean?
Like, I can squiggle dickbutts all over the layout of a highway but until I tell you those are speedtraps you're not gonna know why I'm doing it

It'd... tell people what the fuck any of the everything on the map is actually meant to mean?
Like, I can squiggle dickbutts all over the layout of a highway but until I tell you those are speedtraps you're not gonna know why I'm doing it
The thing is, maps like these aren't as complicated as today's maps.

What's confusing you about the map, there aren't any symbols or anything besides names, rivers, and forests. You can't be having that hard of a time especially when it's so split up.

And if you want to know where locations are, just give it a hard guess, I'd be perfectly fine making legible names to places but the map is so large you'd never see nor care about them.

Remembrance Remembrance
You could have used nice big numbers/symbols with a legend telling you which cities/landmarks they are.
There, I can do that, that's an easy ass fix rather than telling me that symbols are confusing and the map is confusing and just fucking fix it with no understanding of what I'm supposed to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back