• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Akihitsu's eyes narrowed. "Aim to stay on the edges of the current. If we do, we'll avoid the worst of the current and possibly gain speed from escaping it," he advised.

Last edited:
Why is the ship not descending anymore? Eve thought. Someone must be helping them, but who?
She was sitting in the center of the maelstrom but now she swam up to see how the ship was resisting the currents, that's when she saw him, another hydromancer.

Akihitsu's gift, specifically, came in two primary forms. The first was a Kinetic Defense Aura while the second was Aura Manipulation. He did not have a particular elemental affinity, rather, he had found that, through gemstones, he could alter his energy signature into elemental energy. His blades held four affinities, one for each separate blade edge. Fire, wind, water, and lightning were the crystal affinities he had.

He had honed his speed, agility, and reflexes to almost inhuman skills with his strength and endurance being close behind.

Eve swam close to that man's boat even though it could prove dangerous for her. She looked closely, confirming whether her suspicions were right about him. He was wearing the uniform of a Navy officer. Eve frowned. This is not right. Why would a navy officer help a pirate ship? Is there someone else helping them? But the Navy officer radiates power. If he's not helping that ship so what is he doing here? And who is helping the pirates? These thoughts swirled around in her mind while she dealt with her anger over losing a perfect opportunity again. She needed to do something about Rutherford's ship but she had to be careful. It seemed, she was not the only one who control the ocean.

The Navy captain raised his arms, and a sudden wave carried his boat onto the deck of Ruthaford's ship. He jumped out and presented himself.

"What the devil?!?" Ruthaford gawked.

"Hello gentlemen, my name is Captain Ikeika of the Navy. I have about five minutes to spare on you. Anymore and I'll get yelled at by my superiors. Would you like to die now or after you've had your day in court?"

"If I were to die, you would lose the knowledge of the threat that I've seen and fought against. I know because that damned thing tried to rip out my throat three days north of that harbor city... what this threat is, I don't know... but it takes many forms... some extremely dangerous and difficult to put down. My home village... banished me for fear... more precisely... fear that I would make sure that someone whom they saw as nothing more than a tool... a weapon of war... more powerful... and more dangerous, in their eyes... thinking for herself," he rasped. His hand rose to his cloak, unlatching it before it fell with a metallic crash onto the deck... cracking some of the heavy deck planks. His hand rose to the vest, unlatching it as well as it fell from his shoulders with a dull thump. It exposed to the air close to a hundred and fifty scars from lashes, caused be glass and bone, upon his shoulders and back. However, far more noticeable was the bandage upon his right bicep and shoulder and the deep, angry cuts running across his upper right chest as if from a bear or wolf. Five thinner cuts crossed at a sharp downward angle from his ribs just under his left arm almost to his right hip.

"I've had contacts from no less than eight villages contact me with what I assumed to be rumors of shadows ripping people apart... I investigated three myself, finding carnage in the first two... the third, two of my contacts were there... I awoke in the middle of the night with what appeared to be an extremely skinny human... with inky black skin and a lanky, almost bony body structure. When it lashed out, its arms seemed to extend, as if the had more than merely an elbow joint within their arm. The fingers were tipped in bony claws while its eyes we're just glowing red voids. The only reason I wasn't gutted was my Gift... yet it still drew blood. I managed to escape the humanoid creature only for what seemed to be a black wolf with bony spurs sticking from its back and spinal column on top of a similar bony mask over its muzzle and face to take me down the staircase... finding what had been a merry and carousing bar... turned into a slaughterhouse," he rasped.

Eve was amazed to see what the Navy officer could do but she could not figure out how he could do it. While she was thinking about it, The man revealed his scars, a shock went through her. She knew who gave them to him, she knew who he was talking about. Those creatures had been wreaking havoc all over the town and her community was being blamed when in fact, they were the ones trying to keep those dark forces in check. No one had any idea where those creatures came from but they were dangerous and out of control, which meant they needed to be sent back to their home.
She felt pity for the man but she could do nothing about it, her powers did not work in front of those creatures. She found that out the night it all started. If not for Grace, she would've died.

Last edited:
Akihitsu's gaze flicked to the side in time for a heavyset, muscular pirate to attempt throwing him overboard before his ultramarine eyes narrowed, their color deepening to indigo as his sclera darkened to a ebony tone as a prismatic emerald aura flared as his muscles bulged slightly as he shoved back the pirate, his heels striking the wall before the pirate swung hard at his head, a dull, echoing crunch sounding as the pirate's fist and the bones within fractured as as Akihitsu spun with the blow, catching the pirate by the back of the neck behind his knee and planting him cheek first into the wall of the ship, water spraying from the maelstrom as he had the man pinned with his heel on the back of the man's neck. He heard boots in time to look up, spotting a heavy plank before it shattered upon impact, hurling him overboard and into the maelstrom. Shirtless and without his heavy armor, he was far faster without it, and fortunately, he had his blades sheathed over his shoulders and hanging so the hilts were even with his lower back. Surprisingly, though they lacked sheaths and straps, they did not move despite the fact that he was noticeably tumbling before his feet hit the water and, shockingly, skidded, kicking up ripples of current as his Aura Gift allowed him to manipulate his Aura in any way he desired. In fact, walking upon water by employing a skill known as Aura Displacement was quite common in his home village. He knew, however, even with his reserves of energy, there was no possible way for him to reach said island unaided as it was far from shore and seldom visited... unless you knew where it was.... and he most certainly did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back