• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Red Queen, Rag Dolls

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
This is a horror RP; consider this a warning for disturbing content.

It's not easy being a teenager in a small town. Nowhere to go, nothing to do. Parents making demands and handing down punishments like they even remember what being young was like. Teachers giving you a hard time because they won't admit they're crap at their job or don't get enough funding. Not to mention that for some, in a little place like this where everyone knows the preacher (and he's a fire-and-brimstone kind of guy) the idea of coming out (you, or a friend) is terrifying. It'll be years before you can escape, if you can escape. So you find something fun to do, something to blow off steam. Something that sticks a middle finger up at the establishment. So when a transfer student from the big city suggests trying something they read about occult rituals on the Internet...

------------
This RP is set in October of 1999 in the small town of Benton, WY.
I need five players to fill five broad roles, all in Grade 11.
  • An up-and-coming football QB who is actually a nice dude​
  • The nerdy kid who wore a black trenchcoat until his mom made them throw it out after Columbine
  • The popular girl who isn't, for some reason, popular. Secretly great at math.​
  • Shy but principled kid
  • The troublemaker who just moved here from a major city (in my notes the default is New York).

Last edited:
Are the roles first come, first serve or will there be a selection process based on sheets entered?

Are the roles first come, first serve or will there be a selection process based on sheets entered?

First come, first served, but I reserve the right to gently deny or request rewrites in the interest of narrative hooks and character dynamics.

Fair enough. I'd like to take a stab at the troublemaker role.

At least you'll neatly embody the role.

If it helps, one of the character's parents needs to be recently employed at the nearby federally-contracted Artemis Aeronautics for plot reasons.
In my notes, their mother is a British expat physicist and their dad is a stay-at-home hippy for Reasons but don't feel bound to suggestions I might make in that vein.

Eh we'll say
Name:
Ambitions:
History:

but I'm not out for more than a couple of sentences of concept right now.

I'm super interested in this. Commenting so I don't lose this thread, aha. I'd definitely submit a cs for the "Shy but Principled" role, assuming it is still open?

I'm super interested in this. Commenting so I don't lose this thread, aha. I'd definitely submit a cs for the "Shy but Principled" role, assuming it is still open?

You literally just missed it, but that's a concept with some cross pollination with the nerd.

I wasn't married to the role as much as the concept-! Is the nerd role open? I would submit for that role as well.

It is indeed, which is why I suggested it.
Just making sure! I didn't notice a CS thread- are we submitting our character sheets via private message? If that is the case and I am being painfully ignorant to the natural code of how things work on RPN right now, I apologize- freshly back here after a long haitus. :puff:

I hadn't set up other threads yet because I was waiting to see if there was enough interest to justify the effort.

This is enough so I'll get on that shortly, but in the meantime I am always open to a couple of sentences of character concept here.

any roles still open?

Yep, two - the popular girl and the nice athlete.

She's like the stereotype of the popular, fashionable, well-off girl but doesn't hang out with the rest of that set much outside of school.
Ahh right. Honestly I'd be down for either of them, but I feel like the athlete's gonna be harder to fill so I'll go for that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back