• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ✿Red-Leaf Forest ||Open||✿

BlossomPaw

dead acc lol
Don't worry.

I'm not going to hurt you.

I'm just here to greet you.

Welcome to Red-Leaf Forest- the place where supernatural beings roam.

Here dwells creatures like chimeras, griffins, jackalopes, harpies and kitsunes, accompanied by those who are a little more on the human side- nymphs, witches, and all of those.

So, are you here to stay?

Taurus scanned the area. No one was in view, but scents of familiar residents were picked up.

"No one's around..." he muttered to himself, launching forward. He decided to go hunting when he glanced at the sun clock, which was a large branch planted into the ground in the middle of the forest, which signalled noon was arriving. Noon was a hot, dry time, so he decided to hunt when it wasn't as scorching. Passing by the hollows, he called out to see if company was around.

"Hello? Anyone home?" he barked, waiting for a reply.

@ whoever wants to interact

( I'll interact if that's fine diddly doo )

:: Ryo :: Location: Hollows :: Interacting w/: Taurus ::

"Taurus?" Ryo called, emerging from the entrance of her hollow. The wolf stood firmly, holding a knife in his paw. She seemed to have made him an acquaintance, but not quite yet a friend- he hadn't really opened up a lot to the other forest citizens. She skidded down the small ridge her hollow sat upon on her two hind legs which she regularly walked upon, a band of lichen wrapped around her injured leg. A bow along with a bundle of arrows was strapped around her back, as she shot the wolf a smile. "How are you today?"

@WindFire

[media]

[/media]
The trees parted just enough to light the way as Faust walked from the dump after a recent raid. He struck big this time, an old boob-tube TV, ripe for the picking. He didn't even need an electrical outlet to make it work, all he has to do is just hold the plug and work his magic (Literally).

While walking, Faust thinks about all of the stuff he can catch up on, all of the news he can learn, all of the shows he can witness. The Node was carrying the TV by the cord that was slung over his shoulder, it made it easier to move with it instead of carrying it in his arms. But he was suddenly snapped out of his daydreaming by a sudden feeling of the TV sliding just a little too far left and falling down a steep hill located to Faust's left. As the cord slips out of his hands, Faust can't help but let out a startled grunt before the TV begins to tumble down towards some hollows.

Just seconds after the TV begins to roll, Faust is darting down the hill towards it, slipping halfway down and rolling the rest until hitting the ground with a solid thud. The Node immediately gets up and pats his yellow raincoat twice to try and dust it off somewhat. Faust grabs the smashed TV as quickly as he can stop dusting himself off and stares into the broken glass that was once a connection to the outside world, he gives it two solid hits to the side in defeat, a paradise lost indeed. However, his attention was quickly drawn away from the TV and up to two human-like animals who he garnered the attention of.

The being was almost terrified to talk, fearing that if he were to speak, his emotional wall would come crashing down. However, something within him urges him to speak,
and so he does. "Hello." The Node says, firm and with heavy feelings behind it. "Hope I wasn't interrupting." Faust says, looking back and forth between the TV and the two other paranormal beings.

@BlossomPaw @WindFire

:: Ryo :: Location: Hollows :: Interacting w/: Taurus and Faust ::

Ryo turned her gaze toward the newcomer to the conversation, raising a cloven hoof to greet him. "Hi! No, you weren't interrupting. You going well?" she cheered softly with a smile. She tilted her head suddenly, eyes filled with a slight spark of confusion. "I don't think I've ever met you. What's your name?"

@Der Eine

In a large open sunny clearing, Cernunnos lay on his back in his human form, staring at the clouds. His cloak was off to the side as he relaxed in just a light white button-up and black pants. Cernunnos had become comfortable like this, his true form was so bulky and frightening, that this thinner and kinder appearance suited him much better. He would always lay like this, when he felt as though for the moment, there was nothing to protect. Just him, and the forest, and the sky.

The comfort was soon lost as he heard a loud crash. The man stood, slugging his cloak over one shoulder and going to inspect. He saw Taurus and Ryo, familiar inhabitants of the forest, but then... A new creature? Hesitantly, he hid to watch the creature before stepping out and showing himself. Cernunnos preferred to avoid interaction if he could... But the creature interested him.

@BlossomPaw @Der Eine @WindFire

Last edited by a moderator:
Julienne was sitting on a high tree branch, observing a tiny caterpillar munch away at a leaf. Peering at the clean sky, she savored the pure air here. It was only recently she flew by here, and settled down. Cities were becoming too tainted and the filth in the air almost consumed her; luckily she managed to flew away in time. Julienne shrugged off the risk that she would've been in as she relaxed in the sun's rays. The wind was brushing her hair as she sighs and looked down in boredom; spotting four beings. Her eyes became affixed on them as she silently jumped of the branch, flapping her wings to slow her descent so that she lands on another bough of a tree gracefully. Quiet rustles of leafs as Julienne nestled herself down, studying the new creatures she has never seen before.

"I didn't think there was other people here. Never seen their kind before either... I wonder. What do they eat? Do they eat? Can they touch their nose with their tongue? Are they friendly? Do they like candy? Do they know how to make the whip cream poofs on cakes?" Julienne thought, opening her wings and closing them ever few minutes like a butterfly does to ensure that the sun would dry any hint of moisture on them. Her child like interest overruled any sense of stealthiness as she hung over the branch on her tummy, kicking her feet amused.

@ anyone who wants to call her out

@HiNoChi I'll do it. :P )

The forest guardian turned his face up to the rustling calmly, seeing the sylph. He didn't seem surprised, but he was confused. "You don't need to hide. No one will hurt you here." Cernunnos spoke in his deep voice, though it still was pleasant to hear, like the gentle beating of a drum. His violet eyes were calming as well as they looked up through his messy locks, but that was it. The rest of his face was covered in a mask over his mouth, beginning at just under his nose. Cernunnos was a peaceful guardian, and seemed kind enough. Though, he didn't look as though he truly wanted to interact with anyone. It was his self-proclaimed duty, not his pastime.

Julienne lets go of the branch and before her wings started to flutter as she hovered around man peacefully. She flew circles around him, a gentle breeze following her as she studied his appearance. She didn't understand the meaning of personal space as she took up a seat on his shoulders, almost grabbing his head. Juli wasn't full grown yet so she was still fairly tiny. She buried her hands into the locks of his hair curiously as she sniffed his scent. Smelling the dew of plants and the fragrance of the rustic earth; Julienne tugged at his mask with eyes of interest.

"Heey! Why're wearing this mask? What's your name? What are you? Are you shy?" She asked leaning on his head with her head tilted, she poked his cheeks happily. Julienne didn't comprehend that people may not enjoy constant bombardment of questions as she continues,

"I wasn't hiding either. You look interesting. You aren't human are you? Are you? If you are, are you lost? Or do you live here? Is there a town here then?"

She could almost carry on an entire conversation by herself with all of her questions, her voice not wavering with a calming and soothing tone.

@Cherrywitch

Cernunnos quickly slapped the mask back down with his hand, but otherwise kept his cool and allowed the sylph to do as she wanted, realizing the fae creatures were curious beings. "Please do not remove my mask again. I assure you it is for good reason. My name is Cernunnos, no I'm not human, I am the guardian of this forest. I merely use this form because it is less intimidating than my true one." He answered her questions, and a few of the inevitable questions to come, peacefully and without annoyance. It seemed nothing bothered him. "What are you doing in this forest, if I may ask?"

@HiNoChi

"Hmmm... What's the reason? And what does your real form look like? Oh I came here because cities are getting too dirty and that's not good for me." Julienne answered before pouting. She continually played with Cernunnos' hair with her small child-like hands, braiding a few strands and combing others. Kicking her feet a little while she made herself comfortable on his head. She wasn't leaving anytime soon, nor did she ask permission. She thought it was okay, after all he wasn't complaining and why should he? By now, people would've shook her off so she assumes she's welcomed on his head. Julienne was even sticking falling leafs that she caught into his hair, thinking that was how people made flower crowns. After his hair was full of leafs and looked more like a hot mess than a cute ring of flowers; Julienne mewled out,

"Do you know how to do this? Oh I'll be calling you Cern, okay? Is that okay? Or would you rather be called Nuno? Oh and who are those people over there? Tell me."

She tried to get a better look at them and her wings fluttered intrigued.

@Cherrywitch

Faust was seriously regretting spending any longer than he had to, as multiple creatures began to emerge from wherever they were. Well, by creatures, he means a man and some sort of fairy-thing. "Faust." The Node states, pushing the TV off to his left with his leg. "I'm not doing so well, but thank you for asking." The Node nods towards the broken TV. Faust was about to speak again and excuse himself from the crowd when the tall guy spoke. The voice didn't match him at all, it was almost like a different entity was speaking for him.

Before he knew it, the pixie and the,
presumably, human man were chatting amongst themselves. Faust simply shakes his head as he turns and starts to walk back up the hill. "I've got to get back to my... uh.... stuff." He says, grabbing the rocks and roots that jut out of the hill. That is, until he hears a loud pop and a whiz right next to his ear. This causes Faust to roll onto his back and fall back down the hill. The sound came from a figure standing a top the hill, a hunter, who had just fired a bullet towards the two humanoid animals standing close together.

@BlossomPaw @WindFire @HiNoChi @Cherrywitch

The bullet missed and had hit a tree, but Cernunnos tensed. Suddenly, the guardian's eyes turned dark. He had been ignoring the sylph but now pushed her off, glaring daggers at the hunter. "How dare you attack this forest... The tree is crying now because of you, it's in pain." Cernunnos voice had become rougher, as one hand transformed into a furred claw. In a flash, the hunter was attacked, coughing in pain though there was no sign of injury, Cernunnos standing behind him as his hand changed back. "Rest in an eternal slumber." His mask lay beside him, somewhere in the fray being ripped off. The hunter wasn't dead, but asleep. Soundly sleeping on the ground.

Cernunnos looked up through the trees, eyes sharp. "...hunters never come here, so why..." The guardian picked up his mask and replaced it about his ears before going to the tree as if it were a child, placing a hand upon the injured bark. His palm glowed a warm golden color, and the bullet popped out, the bark as good as new. "You poor thing."

@BlossomPaw @WindFire @HiNoChi @Der Eine

"Ara?!" Julienne tilted her head as she was pushed off, hovering instead as the gun shot echoed in her ears. Flinching as the noise was ringing in her ears as she watched Cernunnos knock out the strange person. Thinking that it was safe, she hesitantly hovered over to the hunter and gently landed on their stomach. After all, they're unconscious right? Julienne couldn't help but to wonder about their intentions, unsure whether to investigate or not.

"I guess that's why Cern said not to takes off his mask, huh?" Julienne thought as she felt the hunter's breathing raise her up and down. Her courage and confidence grew as from this and she began rummaging through their clothes and supplies. She was curious about their supplies; gently pulling out shiny objects that glinted and caught her eyes. From silver coins, to knives, and more bullets; Julienne studied these objects in the light. She didn't mean harm but she couldn't help it at all.

@Cherrywitch @Der Eine

The guardian turned back to the sylph and knelt beside her, gently removing her from the man. "He won't be waking up any time soon, but just in case he has something..." Cernunnos' eyes flashed to the knives. "Dangerous, I would suggest you stay away from him." The purple haired man stood and grabbed his cloak off the ground from where he left it, throwing it over his shoulders and pulling the hood up over his head. "...I'm going to the hunter association to see what's going on. All of you, please head deeper into the forest and try to stay out of eyesight, including you, newcomer." Cernunnos looked back at the node, his eyes soft but strict. "When I'm not here, anything can get through, but the hunter's association only recognizes me, or rather this other identity." He paused to glance down at his 'human' hand. "Please, no one follow me for your own safety. I can handle myself." Cernunnos turned away swiftly, worriedly looking at the city beyond. He hadn't left the forest in years, maybe decades. He didn't even know if he could find the hunter's association anymore. But, he had no other choice.

@BlossomPaw @WindFire @Der Eine @HiNoChi

Charlie saw some figures in the distance as he ambled along. Maybe they could be his friends! He'd always wanted friends and now was his chance! He dashed at full pace (admittedly not all that fast) towards them tripping over roots as he went, he was too exited to avoid such trivial things as tree roots! Friends! Finally he would have friends! He'd show those mean dryads who said no one would want to be his friend! He'd show them! Now just to not screw it up! And then he fell down a ditch. Ow.

@Cherrywitch @Der Eine @WindFire @HiNoChi @BlossomPaw

"Fuu... Okaay..." Julienne puffed her cheeks out a bit as she sneakily grabbed a shiny coin to study. She's asking about all the weird words she heard later. Wanting to walk once in a while, she took leisurely steps and hopped down the ditch before feeling her feet land on something. Her small frame and lightness didn't do a lot, if at all, damage. Looking down to her tiny toes, she spotted... Something. Julienne couldn't really tell what it was and this brought a big smile on her face. Stepping off the creature she bent down and excitedly squeaked,

"Heeey! I haven't seen anything like you! What are you? What's your name? "

@MrSquid123

"Oh hi! My names Charlie what's yours?" Charlie replied and stood up. The fall had hurt and being stood on wasn't much fun either but he was sure it was an accident and it was worth it to make a new friend.

@HiNoChi

"Julienne. Nice to meet you! But like I said, what are you? You're like a little ink blot." She replied smiling and reached out to touch Charlie. Unable to tell if the creature had fur, scales, or f that was it's natural skin. She hovered above him and began to play with their arms, gently shaking them or moving them around like a rag doll's. Her wings fluttering caused a small breeze but it doesn't seem like she noticed. Julienne was too curious about this being to remember that there was indeed a hunter maybe a few feet away from them. Even some more that followed because the previous hadn't return. She again began asking questions that really didn't matter,

"Are you magic? Where do you live? I never seen anything like you, so is it far away?"

@MrSquid123

The Node, now seeing that he has involved himself in something much bigger than he can handle, decides the best plan now is to protect himself. The Node takes the rifle that lay next to the man and nabs the bullets that rest in his pockets and on the ground next to him. If he was going to be involved in what might be a war, he was going to protect himself. Faust walks over to the two humanoid animals and clears his throat. "Why do you think he was here?" The Node asks, glancing back towards the hunter.

@BlossomPaw

"I'm a shadowling, or at least that's what this one guy called me before he fell down a big hole? I don't really know if I am magic or not, I never had anyone to tell me these things because I just kind of appeared one day, I just wander around the forest looking for friends. Most people haven't seen anything like me, I'm pretty small and quiet and seem to be the only thing like me here," Charlie responded excitedly.

@HiNoChi

"You're one of a kind!" Julienne chirped as she tried to pick the shadowling up. Her arms were much too weak and too thin to support the weight. Instead she pet the creature and flew around it. The slyph sing songs,

"Let's find out about what you are together."

Julienne poked his head, experimenting whether he was made of licorice jelly or completely solid. She gently landed next to Charlie and poking at him with a curious expression. The thought of the danger of the hunter or even more hunters slipped her mind and her careless nature didn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back