• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red Dead Redemption 3: A New Tale OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

The Silent Z

Just Here
The OOC for all things regarding this rp and it’s members. Welcome aboard folks, ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki noxrequiem noxrequiem Vexumin Vexumin Jackson123 Jackson123 here is where we can just chat, relax and get into Rp discussions and all that good stuff. Collaboration will be playing a fair role with this rp with each character bringing in their own respective smaller plots and actions that will contribute to the groups main story. (Kinda like the games and other rpg’s but in written form)

The story basically follows a ragtag band of folks that met one another at various points or maybe even the same time pending the choices. All have their own stories, own backgrounds and morals, but have stuck together to travel the country finding their own paths in life and methods of achieving their fortunes while surviving the challenges life throws right back at them. Call it karma, coincidental events or whatever else the case might be and wanna be called that’s been the life of this wandering group. A story shall unfold….

Rp will take place in 1881 atleast for starting out and then will go from there.

Last edited:
Looks good!
Appreciate it! Getting the hang of things again.

———
RP Info for everyone:

The main plot is basically the group getting caught up within a small towns plight involving a fair size group of outlaws and bandolero’s that’s been terrorizing and having their way with the place called “Silver Creek”. All sorts of possibilities in terms of encounters, decision making, actions and individual motivations will likely pull the group into one direction or another if going too far and put them in all kinds of situations pending the choices. All of which could lead to the ultimate decision of each member of the group where it pertains to the towns plight and perhaps last showdown.

If things actually go beyond this rp then sequel plots and epilogues will be open to getting made based off this rps results and actions.

(Red Dead Redemption, Magnificent Seven, Tombstone/Wyatt Earp inspired plot/Rp)

Ok folks, I’ve noticed we’ve all pretty much got our characters together and are about all at the same point. So thought I’d reach out and see about discussing how this group got together either individually then growing from there, or, some combo of characters meeting around the same time and the remaining coming along sometime down the line, or, any number of possibilities really.

I’m open to ideas and hearing more about y’all’s characters with this collaborative venture.

Edit: Most of my character is present within the CS thread with a majority of his known story present. The rest is marked tbd for me til we work things out group wise.

Ok folks, I’ve noticed we’ve all pretty much got our characters together and are about all at the same point. So thought I’d reach out and see about discussing how this group got together either individually then growing from there, or, some combo of characters meeting around the same time and the remaining coming along sometime down the line, or, any number of possibilities really.

I’m open to ideas and hearing more about y’all’s characters with this collaborative venture.

Edit: Most of my character is present within the CS thread with a majority of his known story present. The rest is marked tbd for me til we work things out group wise.
I think I need to see just a bit of backstory from all the other characters before formulating anything specific, but there's definitely plenty of room for various different ways of Asher meeting the others. Especially since she's always getting into trouble

I think I need to see just a bit of backstory from all the other characters before formulating anything specific, but there's definitely plenty of room for various different ways of Asher meeting the others. Especially since she's always getting into trouble
That works and understandable. I’m sure plenty of ways the characters and Asher as well can get to meeting the others and starting their path/story with the group. Thought I’d put it out there now to start the thought process and ideas while finishing up characters and before the IC begins.

Edit: Oh just case anyone was wondering about the nickname, yes, I had recently listened to this and got a little influence from it. Haha

Last edited:
Need to figure out my characters backstory first. All I have is second generation Frenchman possibly whose family came a foul of bandit and is why he turned from doctor to bounty hunter.

I’ll get my characters backstory posted soon. I’ll make sure it’s nice and descriptive. I’m sure we’ll figure out something though, in regard to how the gang came together.

Need to figure out my characters backstory first. All I have is second generation Frenchman possibly whose family came a foul of bandit and is why he turned from doctor to bounty hunter.
It’s all good, I knew we weren’t all exact CS point wise just in the same ballpark so thought I’d put it out there now just to get ideas flowing when the time hits, character history wise.

I’ll get my characters backstory posted soon. I’ll make sure it’s nice and descriptive. I’m sure we’ll figure out something though, in regard to how the gang came together.
Ok, sounds good. I agree I think so as well.

Finished my characters background. With the way I built her, it'd probably be more than likely that she is sought out or she meets the other characters and decides to join them for one reason or another. Something worth discussing.

Finished my characters background. With the way I built her, it'd probably be more than likely that she is sought out or she meets the other characters and decides to join them for one reason or another. Something worth discussing.
That makes sense. One of the ideas I had was a small starter of one option, but could play into yours fairly well. A drifting gunslinger, stopping in various towns for card games and occasional jobs. Might on one occasion encounter Marguerite coincidental like perhaps in some random state like, Oklahoma or Texas, maybe California. just throwing out randoms at the moment.

Perhaps a card game encounter or getting caught up within some trouble relating to a recent bounty attempt on Marguerite? Or honestly could be a number of ideas. Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

Edit: Roles wise, I don’t think we necessarily need a leader such as in the red dead story. But I’m not against it either if you folks have ideas and desires to incorporate roles. They could prove useful but not required. So I’m fine either way.

That makes sense. One of the ideas I had was a small starter of one option, but could play into yours fairly well. A drifting gunslinger, stopping in various towns for card games and occasional jobs. Might on one occasion encounter Marguerite coincidental like perhaps in some random state like, Oklahoma or Texas, maybe California. just throwing out randoms at the moment.

Perhaps a card game encounter or getting caught up within some trouble relating to a recent bounty attempt on Marguerite? Or honestly could be a number of ideas. Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

Edit: Roles wise, I don’t think we necessarily need a leader such as in the red dead story. But I’m not against it either if you folks have ideas and desires to incorporate roles. They could prove useful but not required. So I’m fine either way.
For roles I'm good either way as well. All I will say though is that Asher would not be a good fit for leader lol

I was kinda imagining Marguerite to be a socialite of sorts, charismatic and charming while also very calculating and methodical. Always working to achieve some kind of goal and quick to whip something up that could be of use. As for your idea about an incounter between the two, I like what you have! Meeting in a card game, catching wind of individuals that tail her for her bounty, saving her and then inspiring her to join up with one final gang/family.

For roles I'm good either way as well. All I will say though is that Asher would not be a good fit for leader lol
Ok cool. I’m wondering the same for John lol. Somehow I’d think a leader of few words with his possible temperament towards things, may not fit him. But also his background might lead him to a unexpected guidance role or unusual choice for levelheaded and calm in heated moments. So idk. All pends on other characters and thoughts on roles, etc. he might fit it if needed or fit a few role options.

I was kinda imagining Marguerite to be a socialite of sorts, charismatic and charming while also very calculating and methodical. Always working to achieve some kind of goal and quick to whip something up that could be of use. As for your idea about an incounter between the two, I like what you have! Meeting in a card game, catching wind of individuals that tail her for her bounty, saving her and then inspiring her to join up with one final gang/family.
Sounds good. I was reading through bios for her and Asher, some nice characters there and I can see that fit for Marguerite. The combo you applied there would fit quite nicely imo, I can picture such a scene from start to end there with these two.

Ok cool. I’m wondering the same for John lol. Somehow I’d think a leader of few words with his possible temperament towards things, may not fit him. But also his background might lead him to a unexpected guidance role or unusual choice for levelheaded and calm in heated moments. So idk. All pends on other characters and thoughts on roles, etc. he might fit it if needed or fit a few role options.

Sounds good. I was reading through bios for her and Asher, some nice characters there and I can see that fit for Marguerite. The combo you applied there would fit quite nicely imo, I can picture such a scene from start to end there with these two.
In the very least I could definitely see the others (well Asher at least) looking to John for his opinion on things since he has a lot of experience and tends to be levelheaded a lot. Like you said maybe at least guide esque role. But we can see what everyone else is thinking too.

Also I'd be good with Asher being the one to meet Marguerite that way if Vexumin Vexumin is good with it too. Although Asher doesn't play cards much and sucks at gambling, but maybe this could be one of the times she actually tries (and then possibly fails miserably lol)

In the very least I could definitely see the others (well Asher at least) looking to John for his opinion on things since he has a lot of experience and tends to be levelheaded a lot. Like you said maybe at least guide esque role. But we can see what everyone else is thinking too.

Also I'd be good with Asher being the one to meet Marguerite that way if Vexumin Vexumin is good with it too. Although Asher doesn't play cards much and sucks at gambling, but maybe this could be one of the times she actually tries (and then possibly fails miserably lol)
I can just picture all the facial expressions and reactions now. Lol. But yeah, I can see it.

Asher no good at gambling, hey? That could be a good start imo. John might just need to start teaching people to bluff better or something hahaz.

Busy have a couple of job interview the next couple of weeks. Just finished on which felt like I assed up even though I supposedly know what I am doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back