• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Red and Blue (Marvel RP)

Tony shrugged, still watching Peter interact with the man in there. What was that journalist trying to reach? Information? Oh no...
He begged that Peter wouldn't give away any information they didn't have already. Vultures, animals. When they heard something they could use, they didn't stop at anything.
"If I jump, I'll jump alone...", Tony stated, still staring at the scene going on inside the locked room, "I did enough to drag you all down."
A moment of silence followed. He was thinking of Pepper. Of what would happen if they didn't find her. Maybe she would be hurt, the child would be dead, or worse...
"I appreciate your help. But when things get serious and I fail... It'll be my mistake. And I won't forgive anyone who's with me in that moment. That's my cliff, and you can stay there, keep my back. But I'll go in there and kill them all. Every single person."
It normally wasn't Tony's way to openly display his aggression. But in this moment, there was something in his eyes that looked a lot like bloodlust. This was his fault and he would fix this.

Clyde handed the files to the boy.
"Googled it, did some research, hacked into a few databases ", he smiled at him, attempting a joke. He wasn't sure if Peter understood. He was sure that this information was real. And it contained the key to where to find them. It was Potts' last chance before she would lose her life or her mind. Maybe both? Like Harleen Quinzel? What if she fell for her kidnapper? How was that called? Something with Sweden? Sweden syndrome? No... but something with 's' anyway.
"I was the annoying guy who asked you for those photos of the crime scene you made the other day. Remember?", Clyde answered to his question where he knew him from. It had been a short encounter at the beginning of Peter's carreer. He had been rather rude with the boy.
"Just... Do me a big huge favor and let me out of this cell. I'm kinda claustrophobic..."
It was true. Since he had been a kid and his cousins had locked him in a box for an hour, he hated closed doors and windows.

He let her play the hard one. He had seen the bullet and knew it had hit her shoulder. But the thug hadn't been very helpful. He had stuttered something about a new boss around and that he was gathering an army. He couldn't tell much, though. Even after Winter had broken his arm, for whatever reasons. So he probably didn't know anything about the man. He also didn't know where that new boss was or why he was doing what he was doing. Useless. After Natalia had asked his questions, he dropped the man to the dloor and broke his neck with a strong kick of his heel. He looked at his partner.
"What now?"
He saw how she was hurting. The way she gritted her teeth and tensed her muscles every time she moved. She was really hurt. And his eyes could make out a small bloody spot on her suit.
Casually, he walked around her. No wound on the back, so the bullet was still stuck in there.
"Let's take care of your shoulder first", he said.
Whatever she would say now, he wouldn't allow any contradiction.

Clint nodded slowly, trying to convince himself that he wasn't close to having a sudden remission of his PTSD. His head felt numb and he felt as if his thoughts were drawn from him, which resulted in his heartbeat going crazy. But for that moment, he could contain himself. He took a few deep breaths and lead the twins toward the room where Pepper had stayed. Nothing they hadn't known before. Loki... only the thought of that name was enough to make him feel uncomfortable.
He opened the door and looked around. There was nothing outstanding except for the blood on the carpet. He breathed again.
"Wanda... do you like... feel anything or something? Any" he swallowed "Magic?"
Strangely, Clint could feel something like a buzzing inside his head. It made him nervous, he couldn't stay inside this room for much longer.
"I'll go talk to the staff...", he told Wanda and Pietro and went down the floor. But instead of heading for the reception, he went outside and dialed his wife's number.
"Laura", he sighed when she picked up, "I'm losing my mind here, it's like I can feel him in my head and it's..."
To anyone but Laura his voice would sound calm and collected. Only she knew what those small breaths between the sentences meant. He was very upset.

Pietro took his sister's hand as they entered the room. He saw the change in his sister's eyes before anyone else even looked. She wasn't a tool to be used. And when the old man came back he would tell him that. For now, he just stood there, next to Wanda, trying to take a little bit of the weight from her.

"Tony, we are still a team and as a team we jump together," he said trying to stress that they were still in this together. He didn't like how Stark made it sound. It got him worried. In fact her had meant the self destructive path Tony had been apparently. He didn't want to see this happening to someone he still considered a friend. An estranged one but still friends.
Steve looked worried but simply nods as he's told to stay away in case they come too late. "We won't come too late," he promised and adds "You'll figure something out. I mean you're tony Stark, aren't you? If someone can come up with a half cooked plan that actually works. It's you." He tried to build up Tony's self esteem a bit if anything that was the only thing he was allowed to do. Steve wasn't sure if he was allowed to leave Steve's side by now.

Peter looked at the files and frowned. He had never heard of Arkham Asylum before. He read through it and it seemed like those two very much belonged in there nevertheless. His gaze went up and he looked at the journalist. "Yeah, I remember... I also remember you simply leaving without paying me for the job," Peter looked at the man crinkling his mouth. He crossed his arms and sighs a little "Mister Stark? I think he's a jerk but at least his information seems real. So, can we give him some space to breathe?" The man might not deserve his friendliness after being a dick to him but he wasn't the first and at least he didn't call him Penis Parker. "At least I highly doubt he will attack us." He's unsure how to get out of this locked down room as well. "Umm... Miss Friday? Can you check on Doctor Harleen Quinzel and someone who calls himself the Joker... They are most likely linked together at crime scenes."

"We're continuing. Those are mere thugs. I want to talk with their leader even if that guy doesn't really like me," she tells him and pushes forward. She flinches as she moves her shoulder. The bullet was in and she could feel it while moving her muscles. "Let's move," she said ignoring his statement to take care of her shoulder instead. They could do it later when they had the information. She was used to work with pain it sharpened the mind. "I have a feeling we're close and they were just their trying to get us away from here. The bosses are around," she tells him and looks over her shoulder. "You're coming?"

Wanda walked inside and looked around in the room. Her gaze stayed on the carpet as soon as she spotted the blood. "Magic?," she asks and tries to concentrate. She felt her brother's presence next to her and almost naturally she reached out for his hand and not Vision's. "I do not feel magic but something similar over there...," she pointed at what had been Pepper's bedroom. She opened her eyes again and blinks "Where's Clint gone?" She hadn't noticed him leaving. She looked at Pietro like she needed someone to tell her that she wasn't imagining things again. As powerful her magical talent was as dangerous her own mind was. Wanda saw things that weren't there sometimes. Her mind was a dangerous place. But lately she had been stable. Still something was nagging at the back of her mind.

"Hey...Hey... Take a deep breath!", she told him calm as he spoke to her. She could hear the panic he was desperately trying to conceal. "He's not there with you, Clint," Laura tells him calm trusting that Natasha would keep the Asgardian away from her husband. "This time you got Nat's back. She won't let him anywhere near you. Things are going to be fine, love. You're doing this for Tony and for us: so he doesn't come running for each little thing anymore, don't you?," she mentions calm. She sounded calm for him even though she was worried. But she had gotten good in controlling her voice over the phone.

Finally, the Iron Man turned to look at Steve. His eyes were empty, though. There was nothing left of the will to fight, nothing left of the trust he had put in that man once. His walls were up, and that was clearly visible. The last few months had been the worst for the genius and they had taken any determination away from the man. Maybe he was getting old, but maybe it was just the way that everything he had trusted in had slowly fallen apart.
"We're not a team", he stated and looked at the man opposite of him, "Hell knows if there's still 'us'. You proved it again and again." He tilted his head lightly. "It's my suicide here. Get another cliff. Maybe Wilson will join you. Or Wanda."
He stared at Steve a little while longer, but then he turned to Peter. He seemed to trust that man... And that boy had by far better judgment than him right now. With a determined glance, he went down the stairs to deactivate the alarm, leaving Steve right there.

"Well, sorry about that...", Clyde replied to Peter's accusations that he hadn't paid him. The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a 20 dollar bill.
"There ya go, sorry for being an ass."
Whoever Miss Friday was told him that she would take care of that.
When the door opened, finally, Clyde took a deep breath and stumbled outside- well, inside. He smiled at Peter and then wiped his forehead with his arm.
"Thanks, man. That was close. So do you wanna know what I know?"
The journalist looked around. Except for him and the boy, there were only two more people in the room. Rogers, who had his arms crossed and was standing right in front of him and a black guy in a wheelchair, who had just come in. The black man looked around as well, then frowned and came closer.
"What's going on?", he asked Rogers, his intonation suggesting that he had been some sort of military. A veteran?
Stark came back up the stairs. The genius placed himself next to the wheelchair- man and looked at Clyde judgingly. For a moment, the latter was quiet, but he quickly understood what they wanted: The information he had about Potts. The information that could save her life.
"So...", he spoke and took a deep breath, while all eyes rested on him, "Here's what I know: Potts was abducted. By Loki, the God- guy. But he wasn't alone, he had help. Two lunatics from Arkham Asylum, Gotham, were there and they did that together. I gave Peter the files, so yeah... You can figure that one out."
Clyde licked his lips, fixed his hair and then started talking again: "Juan, who works there, told me that they used some sort of magic to escape. He can't tell where to, but he remembers smelling a metal- ish scent and old walls- whatever that's supposed to mean. The girl he described was definitely Harleen here." His finger pointed onto the file. "Any more questions?"
Everyone was quiet for a moment, until the voice without a body - most likely an AI - spoke again.
"Mr Parker", she mocked, "I have checked those two and they are not only associated with each other, but also in a relationship.
The Joker is a terrorist, murderer and lunatic, who likes to dress up as a clown." A hologram of the lunatic's face popped up in front of the Spiderman. "Dr Quinzel is his former psychiatrist. Now she is his partner in crime." Another face hologram popped up in front of him, showing Harleen's face. "There is not much information about them on the internet. The Arkham Asylum, where they had been institutionalized for the last year, doesn't have any digital patients reports."
Well, she wasn't a human being, but she was good.

Alicia sat in her room, her phone on her lap. Where had Peter gone? Why wasn't he calling back? Why wasn't he answering her texts? What the hell was wrong with him? And why the hell had he just left her alone?! What was it that her superhero was up to? And what did that all have to do with the Avengers?
While all those questions were rushing through her head, her pen made it's way over her maths homework. In the end, there was this really awful drawing of Peter hanging from a ceiling, upside down, while holding an unconscious woman in his arms.
Who was she...? And why was she drawing that anyways? With a grumble she noticed that she had just ruined her homework. She rolled her eyes and got another piece of paper, but instead of writing down the 70 calculations she had to do, her had drew another picture. A face, as white as paper, with black around it's eyes, red lips and a crooked and evil smile. While a cold shiver went down her spine, she pressed the piece of paper together and threw it away. But instead of landing in the dustbin, it rolled into her schoolbag.

Winter rolled his eyes and nodded, as he followed her down the floor. She was hurt, but mission first. Information. He didn't remember what this was about anymore, just that he was walking behind Talja and let her take the lead. They needed to know who that new criminal in town was, why he was collecting people and what he was up to. What bothered the soldier, was that he didn't have a gun on him? Why had they failed to give him proper armor? And where was the voice in his head that kept on repeating his orders? There was only Natalia's.
'Stay low....'
Was that all he was supposed to do?

"Don't know, went out...", Pietro replied to her and squeezed her hand. He was there. She wasn't alone.
"What is it that you feel...?", Vision asked from her other side, "Can you show me?"
The speedster rolled his eyes.
"Why don't you get your own magic radar?", he asked and pulled Wanda closer to himself, "She's not your tool."
"She isn't", Vision agreed and smiled at the woman between them with so much affection, Pietro started to feel sick, "She is a very special woman..."
"Shut up", Pietro hissed and looked at Wanda again, "You okay?"

Clint nodded and took a few deep breaths. It was good to hear her voice. She knew he needed someone to lean on right now. And she said exactly what he needed to hear.
"I know... I know...", he sighed, when he had the feeling that his heartbeat was under control again, "It's just the feeling of my thoughts being controlled, my body not doing want I want it to do... Me hurting my friends..."
He took a deep breath again. It was much better now.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't even be calling you from this phone...", he mumbled quietly, "Just needed someone to remind me why I'm doing this..."

J walked around and around and checked out the screens about a thousand times. It was so exciting to see that woman slowly losing her mind. She had started rocking back and forth already, in a desperate try to cover her ears with her tied hands. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was talking to herself, mumbling things he didn't understand. Oh how well he knew that feeling. They just wouldn't stop, they just wouldn't stop talking...
With a sigh, he tore his eyes from the screen and walked over to the other small chamber, where the bodyguard was locked up.
Harley had injected him drugs, so he was hallucinating, too. Just that his little crazy doctor knew exactly what she was doing. This was an experiment. She would make him her very personal slave. Oooh he had taught her well... proudly, he watched her hit and comfort him, as she used different commands to condition him. That woman was a treasure.

Steve simply observed the situation and rolled his eyes over Tony's rather stubborn ways. Iron Man could have it his way. He only wanted to make sure Pepper survived one way or another. So he wouldn't need to deal with the Avengers falling apart even more than they already did. Unlike how he acted, Steve felt guilty about what had happened. But still he knew fighting against the Accords was necessary. Even Tony hadn't been 100 percent into it or else he wouldn't have come to help them in Siberia. But what had happened in Siberia was unfortunate for all of them.
He stays quiet how Tony had basically held Wanda hostage first and than put her into a straightjacket. He crinkles his mouth as Steve think Tony needs to start seeing someone else's side as well. Wanda simply went with him because he treated her better than the other man had. She wanted her peace and Steve understood giving her the opportunity to run from SHIELD and the government. It wasn't his fault that she chose to run with her brother even from Vision, who had helped Tony keeping her hostage in the Avengers base.

Steve planted himself in front of the journalist and crossed his arms. Even without his usual Captain America suit, he seemed authoritative. He had his usual aura of authority around him. He was still Captain America even though he was a searched criminal. It was even surprising to him that Tony didn't send the police towards him yet. "Stark apparently has a new guest. Mister Ambers here thinks he can help us with Loki and...two other criminals," he explains Rhodey but keeps on looking at the journalist. He becomes quiet again when Tony emerges. He had a deal with the man after all.

Peter scoffed over Clyde finally giving him his money for one of the first jobs. If he wasn't as broke as he currently is he would've swatted the money away and simply scowled at the man. But given that he had no real income, he took it and simply gave the man a nod telling him that they were even now. Peter walked out and his gaze went to Rhodey than Stark as soon as he emerged again. The billionaire should really get dressed sometime around. It was simply weird knowing he had nothing on but the freaking bath towel.
Peter flinched a moment as the hologram suddenly appeared in front of him. "Do they already have some sort of profile?," he asks Friday as he listens intently "It could make it easier to defeat them." He tilts his head to the side wondering what else they had done so far. "I mean what about the reason why the Joker guy was hospitalized in Arkham Asylum."
To him it almost seemed like he was the only one really trying to get some sort of progress into finding Miss Potts. Tony and even Captain Rogers were strangely quiet as long as it wasn't for their childish quarrel.

Natasha walked ahead ignoring James. She moved her shoulder and started to finger at the wound in her shoulder. It only made more blood pool out of her wound until she finally managed to get the bullet out. It was by far more messy than if she had allowed the Winter Soldier to remove the bullet. But she needed to keep him at arm's length for now. She could not deal with a turmoil of feelings at the moment. She stopped in front of a door now and looked towards Barnes raising her hand to her lips to tell him to be quiet for now. "Do you have any weapon on you?", she asks him quietly and looks at him waiting for his answer before she hands him one of her guns and a dagger, which left her with two guns. "The man with the colored hair and the scar on his left eye is the one who can give us answers. The rest are disposable but don't make too much of a mess. We need the boss to be cooperative and not in our bad side," she hopes he understands and looks at him. The unspoken thing was that they needed answers no matter how they got them.

"Hey come on. You're fighting with Nat here. She'll knock you out before you can hurt anyone. Besides you know what to prepare for during battle. It's not the first time anymore. We all believe in you. Some more exciting battle stories to tell Cooper when you come back," she tells him over the phone hoping it would calm him more. After all it helped no-one if he started to freak now. She's worried but for now she would be able to keep it to herself for the sake of her children. "Hey... You can call me anytime, hunny, and you know that. I'm always here for you no matter what phone you use."

Loki watched the current scene and looked towards the screen with Potts in it. He hadn't planned it like this. He might've kidnapped her but than actually treated her well. He was no brute like Thor after all. Loki moves his hand just slightly helping Potts for now. He silenced the voices inside the room to give her a break. She still rocked back and forward crying for help. But at least this was better than keeping on torturing her.
"What is your plan, Jester?", he sounds almost despiteful.

It was quiet for a moment. Tony’s face turned pale, as he heard the words ‘lunatic’ and ‘terrorist’. His girlfriend was in more danger than he had thought she was.
“Tony...”, Rhodey tried to calm him before it broke loose, but the Iron Man only shook his head. He wasn’t about to break down. There simply was no time to break down. The way this journalist put it, there wasn’t much time if they wanted to save Pepper. And they needed any help they could get.
“So if you know everything”, he challenged the journalist, “Why don’t you tell us where they are?”
“I don’t know that much”, Ambers answered, “Just that they are involved in this... and that I really wanna find them.”
The Iron Man nodded slowly. Nothing useful, so far.
The lack of communication Steve displayed made Tony nervous, though. Normally the captain was the one to ask the questions. Now it was his turn, though. With a short glance at his former teammate, he took the lead in this interrogation.

“Who told you about that terrorist?”
“Where are they? Any idea?”
“How did you even get the idea that Pepper has been abducted?”
Tony asked a lot of questions. Senseless questions. It was almost like his friend had lost track of what was important. Rhodey had to grab him by the arm and drag him back to make sure he didn’t attack the guy. This was all too slow. With every minute they wasted, there was a higher possibility that Pepper didn’t make it home. He couldn’t let that happen, for Tony’s sake. He couldn’t watch his friend lose everything that meant something to him.
“Can I have that file for just a second?”, the Colonel finally asked and held out a hand.
The papers were handed to him and he opened the first page of Quinn’s file. He read through it shortly, scanning it all for useful information. And there it was: the solution. He had found it.
“Task Force X...”, he mumbled and looked up from the paper, “That’s it. If she’s with him, we got them!!”

One last time Licy hit the ‘call’ button on her phone. It was just not fair, him going out there alone. She wanted to be with him, because she wanted to see those pictures for real. All those stupid strips she had drawn, she wanted to see it, so badly. He wasn’t to just go out there and let her wait inside her boring room. Hell, she wanted to be a hero too. They didn’t have to take her with them, just teach her some of the useful stuff, so she could kill the bullies at school if she wanted to.
It beeped and beeped, Peter didn’t pick up at first. Why didn’t he hear his stupid phone?!!

“You’re so childish, Talja”, he commented on her pulling the bullet out on her own and making it even worse. He wouldn’t hurt her, dammit. He wanted to help her.
But there was more important work to focus on now. They reached a heavy metal door, but it wasn’t a problem for Winter’s metal arm. One punch and the walls around it have in and left a big hole and a lot of dust where the door had been. Without thinking, he shot two men who tried to overwhelm him by jumping at him. Then he saved Talja from a man who had grabbed her hurt arm and pulled on it. She ended up in his arm for a brief second, before he threw her back onto her feet and onto another fighting man. The target Natalia had talked about sat opposite of them, watching with amusement. So that was what they had meant with stay low. Be nice, don’t make the gangster boss angry. He scattered another skull next to him. Then he stopped and looked at the man they had been looking for.
That was the moment when Natasha’s phone started ringing.

“Hey, why’d you stop it?!”, J hissed, looking at the other man with an angry face, “How should we drive her insane if you turn off my pretty voices?! They’re part of the plan! You brute!”
He turned the volume back on, causing the whispers in Pepper’s room to start again. He smiled a boyish smile and glanced at the man opposite of him. Maybe he just didn’t understand the full beauty of the plan...
“Just let me finish this, it’ll be beautiful.”, he ecplained with glowing eyes, “She won’t know who she is anymore and the voices will annoy the hell out of her when she wants to sleep. It’s our very personal stamp when Tony picks her up again... You’ll see...”
The giggle that escaped his lips was high and excited, almost like a little girl’s. He couldn’t help, this was amazing.

Steve listened to the given question and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He could tell that Stark was all over the place but definitely not here. The questions were useless and brought them nowhere. Steve puffed a little annoyed but kept his mouth close. After all his orders were clear. Not acting like Captain America but Tony's...well, personal side kick. It would only be so long until they would find Potts. He could do that without surpassing any lines. After all looking for Stark's girlfriend would be hard enough without being labelled a terrorist again. Even the mere thought was laughable. Still the American government had labelled him terrorist and extremely dangerous in the public.
He looked over to the Colonel and rose his eyebrow. He walked over and asked "What's Taskforce X?" The journalist seemed to be uninteresting to him. After all he appeared not to know a thing besides the basic things within these files. It was a better way to go than asking needless question. He looks over Rhodey's shoulder and than glances at Tony "Stark, are you able to track down that technology? Those two should stay together, shouldn't they?" He looks at Stark and the journalist.

Peter felt his new phone vibrate and walked away from the Avengers. He looks at the caller ID and takes the call once he spots Licy's picture on his phone. "Hey Licy, what's up?", he asks unsure if he had taken the call too late. After all he had other things on his mind than taking his phone. Also Pepper's...well now his phone proved to be a little spotty or maybe it was simply his way of ignoring everything else going on but to safe Mister Stark's fiancée. That seemed a lot more important than taking a call because of forgotten homework or something.

Natasha cracked someone's spine making him drop dead on the ground. She was grabbed by her arm and she flinched in pain but was about to hit the thug when James interfered. Her gaze landed on the man and she shook the strange familiar feeling of nostalgia and...affection. She crinkled her mouth and soon enough the henchmen were dead mostly. So she walked over pulling out two knives. It might even appear that she's a little bloodthirsty. "What do you know about a maniac putting together a team? I've heard Loki is involved again," she says and suddenly rams her knives into his thighs. She had no need to play nice anymore. Instead she sighed and lifted a index finger once her phone doesn't seem to stop ringing. "A second, please...," Natasha says and takes the call casually like they have all day long "Yes?"

"I am not a brute," Loki suddenly growled like the Joker for once was the one who had said something wrong. The thing was that no-one ever would call him that. Thor was a brute but not Loki. He grabbed the man again similar to how he had almost killed him only hours before. "How about I teach you a little lesson for once, madman?", he offered and closed his grip on the man's neck. Again he used his magic to lower the volume and torment on the pregnant woman. "I think she has gone through enough for the day and you should do something else, Jester, or else I will make personally sure this will be your last day." Loki seemed fed up by now and he knew how to stand his ground. If Odin had taught him anything it definitely was that.

"Devices? I can track them, sure!", Tony nodded and rushed over to his computer, where he stopped and looked at Rhodey, "Go ahead, what do we know?"
He was almost relieved that Jim had taken the lead in all this, because this situation was- simply said- just too much for him. He had no idea what he would do if this all went wrong and they couldn't save Pepper. What if this all was useless and she was dead already?
With those thoughts running through his head, it was really hard to focus on what was going on around him. But he managed to get Rhodey's explanation and make sense of it.
"There was a top secret military project a few years ago", the Colonel started, "I don't really know much about it, but rumor has it that the criminals involved in all this were given a chip to locate them and- in case of disobediance- blow them up. Captain Rick Flag was the leader of the team and... Yeah, that's actually everything I know."
"Not a lot", the journalist spoke the thoughts of everyone else.
"So military frequences?", the Iron Man asked, shoving that hopeless and helpless feeling aside, that threatened to flood his mind again.

Rhodey nodded and rolled over, petting his friend's back, trying to comfort him. Meanwhile, Tony had logged into the military database, using the Colonel's password. He entered the words "Taskforce X", but all that appeared on the screen was the message that they were not permitted to see the information. Rhodes rolled his eyes and sighed.
"We need someone on a higher level", he explained and looked around. There was no one with military history at all, so who would they ask if they wanted the information? But once again Tony proved that his creativity worked pretty well.
"We need Natasha", he stated, "If talents are involved, I'm sure SHIELD knew about it. And if Fury knows it, Tasha knows it."
"Tony, you're a genius", the Colonel stated and dialed Natasha's number.
"I know....", the playboy answered, "I've been born that way."
Rhodey shrugged, while a smile spread on his face and he waited for Natasha to pick up. When she did, he could hear people moan in pain in the background. He shook his head, ignoring the noise. The spy knew what she was doing.
"Natasha, we need your access to the new SHIELD database. We need certain information about a chip, which might be able to track the kidnapper."

Finally, he picked up!! Licy jumped up from her chair when she heard Peter's voice.
"You messed up idiot, I've been trying to call you for ages! I'm...."
Her hand drew something onto the paper she had in front of her. It was a knife on a woman's neck, blood, and a speech bubble, that was jittery and scared.
'Don't do it, Puddin, it's not my fault....'
Licy was quiet for a moment, shocked by her own drawing. There was a red light flashing inside the neck of that woman. No one could see it but her, and it scared her. Would this guy kill that woman? Would he try to cut out that thing she had in her neck? And why was she so scared? Why was she shivering and begging? Was she in danger?
Peter said something, but she didn't quite get it. She stared at her drawing and tried to make sense of the voices in her head.

Clint had calmed a little and put down the phone, after telling Laura how much he loved her and the kids. He went inside the building again, to check on Wanda and Pietro. On his way upstairs, he met a young man, who just rushed by and looked to the floor. The archer raised an eyebrow and went on, walking upstairs. Just when he was about to open the door, his phone rang again. It was Steve, who told him they were needed at the facility. They had a serious track. So he entered the room and looked around.
"Wanda? Pietro? We have to go back. Tony might be able to track him down."

Steve observed that Tony obviously didn't want to take the lead - or perhaps he couldn't. Like always all bark but no bite. He rolled his eyes observing the current situation. he scanned through the short file and frowned over the statements there. It was relatively short given at how long especially the man had served in this asylum. "You are sure that there's not more?", he asked and looked at the journalist "Is your source even trustworthy?" Somehow he couldn't shake the thought off that they were running into a trap. But maybe he had ran from both Hydra and SHIELD for far too long by now.

Natasha slapped the boss as he groaned in pain. "Learn some manners, I'm talking on the phone so shut the fuck up," she told the man unnerved and went back to Rhodes on the phone. "What was that?", she asked, listening to his question again. Perhaps she stayed quiet a bit too long. But she already heard Stark getting impatient as he asked for the password again.
"I'll so be in trouble and Stark will fill out the paperwork that comes along with that!," she said and told Rhodey a series of random small and capatalized letters as well as some numbers. Natasha looked at Bucky and than at the man. "So you know where they are? Should we come back?", she asked and guessed she had to kill the man now before any SHIELD secrets get out in the open. She might not trust Stark but she was sure that he would concentrate on getting Potts for now instead of sticking his nose into things that weren't his business.

"Listen... I'm really sorry that I didn't take your call, Licia. But I don't really have time for that yet," he said reluctant and added "I will call you back soon. But I really need to help Stark now. Sorry for leaving like that but...but I gotta help that woman." Like always he already had said way too much and Peter crinkles his mouth. He felt sorry for not being able to do or talk more to Alicia but he needed to get going and protect her. Besides it was not like she would be able to help them much, right? He first noticed now that she wasn't even listening to him anymore. That was when he got worried "Liz? You alright there?", he asked trying to sound casual.

Wanda turned to Clint leaving Pietro and Vision to their personal pissing contest. She needed to talk with her twin brother about the current situation but right now other things were more important. Still she didn't even understand the problem between these two. She just tried to...help and well maybe flirt a bit with Vision. Wanda couldn'T help it, she still very much liked him.
"Have you found something out?", she asked him. Her Sokovian accent pretty much audible right now. She walked over to Clint leaving the other two male standing there. She didn't need two watchdogs taking care of her. Maybe they needed to learn that.

Tony was confident again. Tracking down technology, for whatever purposes, was his comfort zone. Talking to Friday, while she searched for waves that fit, he walked up and down the room. He felt better doing something than just sitting there without any idea where to start.
Slowly, the whole team gathered around him and waited for results, which were delivered soon. There were three possible candidates, but since two were at Arkham Asylum, there was onl one possibility: An empty warehouse at the other side of the city.

Winter stood next to Natalia, holding the man down, so he wouldn’t escape. Now and then, he squeezed his arm a little, but apart from that he stayed low, for whatever that meant. He looked at her bleeding shoulder. It hadn’t stopped and if she didn’t desinfect it and dress the wound properly, she would have more than just a few days pain in her shoulder. He knew that she knew that, so a part of him wanted to let her live with the consequences at all. But there was another part, a much stronger one. That part of him wanted to drag her home and take care of her wound, wash it, dress it and then lay in bed with her all day, close to her and without worries. That was a stupid and weak part of him, so he swallowed that emotion and kept his stoic mask on. She was on the phone, probably with their bosses. She was communicating, he was just the tool, the weapon. Was he even a person at all? He wasn’t sure anymore. The borders started to wash away and what stayed was her, always her...
With a short move he broke the man’s neck. He had heard that they had been able to track them down, so what use was he now? “Следующий шаг? (Next step?)”, he asked and looked at Talja, awaiting orders.

“The thing, it’s flashing...”, Licy whispered and didn’t know if she was making any sense. Somebody’s life was in danger.... She just knew that.
“Turn it off, he’s gonna kill her...”
It made perfect sense to her. She was just not sure if Peter knew what she meant. She couldn’t quite explain it, it was a feeling she had about something that someone close to Peter was doing. It was like something was going to be really bad and she had to tell him to stop it before the man... before he hurt her. Or Peter. Or that woman, who was screaming “Tony” again and again. The baby inside her womb, the whole situation... And the guy who was beaten up in some back corner. He was a friend of the woman, she knew that much...
“Peter, please! The thing on her neck, you gotta turn it off, it flashes!”, she demanded again, not really aware that she was even talking her thoughts out loud.

Harley walked up and down the room, swinging her baseball bat through the air. Happy was in some corner, begging for mercy, he would do whatever she wanted. But she didn’t want that. He should just be quiet. A bad feeling had settled in her mind, she wasn’t fully focused. It was that feeling that she always got when a moment of clarity was about to wash over her. Shortly she left him for a few days, but then came back to him anyways. Looking at it like that, it was really pathetic. She acted like his little perfect toy. And she knew he would never treat her like anything else but that. Something inside her neck started to heat up and she knew immediately what it was. She was called again... Though none of her friends were there, she kind of...
“Puddin’...”, she called, sounding a little scared by then. She didn’t want her head to blow up...

Steve looks at the screen and pointed at the woman. "What does the files say about her at SHIELD?," he didn't know why but a part of him didn't trust the journalist. Maybe it was because of having many journalist basically wanting his head on a stake by now. The media had started a hunting for him and Bucky after they had disappeared and he had released the rest of the Avengers from prison. This definitely wasn't good.

Natasha turned her back to the two men as she talked on the phone. She sighed a little and looked around. She blinked as she heard bones crack and turned around. With a frown, she looked at the body on the ground and simply hung up on Rhodes without another word. "What was that for?", she gestured indifferent at the dead man. "Honestly James pull yourself together or I'm sending you to Brazil with a one way ticket," she grumbles even ignoring his Russian. She seemed somewhat confused and looked at him. She easily grabbed his chin to look at her. Something was off. "Mission report, comrade," she ordered to see how he would react.

Peter blinked as he seemed to suddenly be in charge for a blinking thing. "What is blinking?", he asks confused and looked towards her. "Umm... I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about Liz. Nothing's blinking around me. I'm afraid that you need to take out the batteries on your own," he tells her utterly confused about the current situation like she could change things on his own. Peter walks over to Tony and Captain America as he seems confused over the whole moment. "Why did you call anyways?"

Loki watches the woman with a frown. He had turned down the volume for Potts again. But he looked at the device in Harley's neck curious. "What is this?", he asked her with a frown as he watched the thing blink inside of her. It seemed strange even for Midgardian standards.

“Not as much as you’d expect...”, Tony mumbled and threw a hologram display at Steve, so he could see for himself. It was a nice, but not very ling report about Harleen’s health history. That she had been tortured by the Joker and that he had exposed her to chemicals of some kind, which had made her stronger and faster than the average human. Apart from that, she was still human- a normal crazy woman. It also said that she had Stockholm Syndrome and that she was to handle with care, because her actions were incalculable.
The Joker was only mentioned in a side note, somewhere small. He was apparently a mystery, even to SHIELD. But they had had a team of young agents investigating until the whole thing was shut down.
“There’s not much more. But the way I see it, everything she does ends up being for him”, Rhodey answered to Steve in Tony’s place. The Iron Man had already walked to the cellar to choose a suit. They had a location now, so he wouldn’t waste any time on studying profiles.

At the same time that Tony rushed down the stairs, Winter stood straight and his eyes emptied. Mission report. “Aim was to get information about the criminal. Information gathered, target was useless. Executed target to avoid further complications.”
Silence. Something felt off, but he couldn’t grasp it. Something felt, at all. And that made his head spin. He was quiet, waiting for new orders. It was a void inside his head. He was empty.

“I called because... because I’m worried about you. And I’m almost sure you’re not gonna find them if you keep tracking that thing. I drew you. It’s creepy....”
She stopped, but she had said too much already. She wasn’t sure whether or not he would understand... He didn’t know her that well. And she wasn’t crazy. She knew she wasn’t.
“Listen, Peter, I just... You gotta tell Mr Stark to turn it off. He’ll kill her. She’s... not gonna fight him...”
Her inside begged that he would understand. That he would accept her stupid hand’s drawing as enough to stop whatever he was doing. It would make them unable to get that woman.

“It’s... a bomb”, Harley whispered and her eyes widened in terror, “Puddin’! They’re blowing me up! Help me!”
“What is it?”, J’s voice came from the back of the building, as he slowly strolled back to his girlfriend. He didn Give a damn, that was quite obvious.
“What’s the panic now?”
Calmly, he looked Harley up and down. First, he didn’t react at all. But then he saw the flashing light under her skin.
“It’s activated! What did you do?! Scum!”
He hit her again, the girl stumbling backwards, tears starting to drop.
“I didn’t... Help me, I don’t wanna blow up....”, she whimpered.
“Oh I will....”, he mumbled and pulled a knife out of his pocket, “Hold still....”

Steve looked at the hologram and moves backwards for a second. He clearly still hasn't 100 % settled in the 21st century. It was strange to think but part of him still was in the 40s with his Peggy. But he also knew that he would never be able to keep his promise for said dance he moved on. A big part of him not only went after Bucky because it was his best friend but he owed that man. He should've jumped after the man and rescued him from Hydra instead of being in that plane. Also he was his only connection to the past and what happened back then. In many ways only Steve understood Bucky and he understood him and that was why this was so damn important to him. "It does appear that way. We should be careful around especially her. He might be the one giving orders but she is the one persecuting them. Much like a soldier. We silence him and get her to stop."
Steve still stood in his casual clothes. He didn't own any other things anymore. No Captain America costume and playing monkeys for anyone around. He had left his shield with Tony back in Siberia and sent his costume back to SHIELD with a pink slip. Steve had no intentions to return to SHIELD. This was a one time thing.

Natasha blinks and groans as the man who answered was the Winter Soldier. James probably would've scowled and told her off to mind her own business. She gently placed her hand on his cheek. "James?", she asked him gently only using his first name to remind him this is not a place to fall into the Soldier. She caresses his stubbles gently like she had done so many years ago. "You in there?," she didn't move away from him instead she tried to pull at the only string she knew would help him. "Do you wanna look at my shoulder?"

"Nothing's going on here, Lizy. I just got promoted to be Stark's bodyguard," he told her excited and glanced over to the computer. He looked at the telegram and blinked as he suddenly realized what was going on. "Fuck," he grumbled and hurried over. "Stop tracking that woman, they will know that we found them. Also it will kill her," he told them sounding taken aback and wondered how the heck his girlfriend knew about that thing.
Rogers frowned over the kid's reaction and went over the files again. "Stop it, Colonel. The kid's right. The transponder it will explode her head," he sounded unnerved over everyone's inability to get things going properly.

"Stay away from her mortal," he said and with a flick of his hand his magic caged him. It was the first time he actually used his magic against them rather than healing Miss Potts. He held the Joker in place and walked calm towards the blond woman as he reached out for the device with his magic.

Oh crap. That was the first thing that Rhodey’s head was able to produce when he realized what was going on. The chip would explode if it was activated. It was right there, obvious and between the lines of the protocol that SHIELD had kept about Task Force X. But Tony was gone, somewhere downstairs. And how the hell was he supposed to know how to deactivate the tracking device?
“Friday, can you go into stealth mode or something?”, he asked Tony’s new AI. He knew how much Tony was able to program, but he wasn’t sure if his artificial intelligence could do it alone.
‘Stealth mode activated’, the AI told Rhodey and it was almost as if she was laughing at him.
“Hey, who stealth moded me?”, a voice without a body was audible. The Colonel jumped. When Tony had come upstairs, he was nearly invisible. Rhodey rolled his eyes and just pressed the button to cancel the tracking.
“That wasn’t what I meant by stealth mode....”, he sighed, while Tony- well, in all honor, actually Iron Man- seemed to suddenly appear behind him.
“We got a location, let’s get moving”, Stark demanded and looked around. Then he reached behind his back and threw Steve’s shield at the first Avenger.
“Figured you might need this.”
With those words, the Iron Man took off through the window, not bothering to wait for his teammates.
“Tony!”, Rhodey called after him, but it was too late, “He’s gonna get himself killed”, the Colonel added and did something that no one would have expected. He pressed himself up on his wheelchair and nodded, as if he wanted to encourage himself.
“Friday, gimme a suit”, he demanded and as the metal closed around his body, there was a little spark of fear in his eyes.
“I’ll meet you there”, was his goodbye to the rest of the team and he saluted, before he took off.

James blinked. He was in there and he wouldn’t let that man take control of his body. It was easy as long as he was running and hiding, trying to run from whoever was trying to make him compliant. But this, this mission with Talja, it took his mind off the most important thing: Staying sane. They had no time. He knew that. Stark’s girlfriend was gone. Why did she bother trying to wake him up? They had a fight to win. A mindset that he thought he had lost long ago pierced through his head and he just had to take a minute to appreciate that feeling of importance for a moment.
“Is it very bad?”, he asked her, worries in his eyes. They didn’t have a lot of time. This was the soldier Barnes, and he tried to save a life.
“I’ll drive, you sit in the back. Stay low, we’ll take care of that afterwards.”
He knew he didn’t have to say that to her, because she knew. But he still offered his help, put an arm around her and lead her outside, where their motorcycles parked.

Clint had never run into the Avengers facility quite so fast, but as it seemed, he was too late once again. Pietro, whose presence he could only feel as a slight movement of air next to him. Tony was gone and so was Rhodes. His wheelchair looked lost in the middle of the room, without a man in it. The view Clint experienced could also be an advertisement for some miracle cure doctor.
“Hello? Anyone...?”, he called into the empty room, “Rhodes?”

Harley shivered, but she didn’t dare to move. She hadn’t believed in magic when she had been a doctor at Arkham Asylum, but maybe she did now. She didn’t know for sure what was going on, but her Puddin looked frozen, like someone had stopped the time around him. Now that Loki guy held her arm, while his other hand did something on her neck, that caused that stupid bomb to glow and... move? That wasn’t possible! How the hell...??
Before Harleen had been able to finish that thought, something broke through the roof, glass rained down on them and a loud voice was audible.
“Loki! Let go off that woman!”

Peter watched the whole ordeal and gave a short surprised sound as suddenly Stark's voice appeared without a body. He went back to his phone excusing himself that he really needed to go now and instantly hung up on Lizzy to get started. Peter needed his suit. In all honesty he felt honored that Stark would choose him to help the billionaire but he didn't like that all of these people knew his identity by now.
They seemed to ignore him after the grown ups recognized their mistake. With a sigh he went to the restroom with his backpack from school and changed into his costume so he could help Stark and his fiancée. He moved out and hurried after the Iron Man as none of them seemed to have waited for him. He stepped out and saw the archer. He tilted his head to the side. "You're late old man," he commented to him. "For someone who sent me away yesterday. You must be lucky to see me," he pointed out and crossed his arms. Perhaps it was childish in this situation but he hadn't forgotten that Barton had basically fired him.

Steve looked surprised as the shield was thrown at him. He caught it instantly out of reflex but looked down at it with a frown. He had given up on being Captain America after all so this seemed odd to him. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "You sure, Stark?", he asked ready to place it away again. To Tony it had meant the link to his father but to Steve...It was just a relict from long time ago. It wasn't what made him Captain America but the Ironman didn't know it. He simply thought that taking the shield from him would actually hurt Steve. But it didn't... He had gone with Bucky because he owed the man. He had been his big role model in his youth - his best friend. The brother who always believed in him. He should've...Steve was guilt ridden when it came to Bucky. It was his fault Bucky had gotten to Hydra in a way. He should'Ve gone after him. So he had pushed Bucky first this time. He had warned Tony that he hadn't seen Steve at his worst yet. But now he did. Still he would do his best to help Stark. So he took off for his bike and than rushed towards the hideout.

"Oh well, done is done. I just have one less informant. Injuring him was to make him realize that his answer was important and that I wouldn't take a lie as an answer. But he wasn't a good person. So I guess it can be ignored for now. We'll worry about his death later," he told him gently trying to keep him here. Of course killing that man hadn't been good. But done was done. So no need to whine about the past. Natasha sighed as he told her what to do. It was okay for now. Him taking care of her wound was the price she was willing to pay in order to keep Bucky sane.
"I can walk on my own, Barnes," she grumbled and moved out of his embrace. Once on the back of his bike she held onto him with one arm. Telling him where they needed to go she waited for him to take off. "You better be ready to fight against gods."

Wanda looked around as her brother helped her rush into the Avengers facility. She looked around as she hadn't been here since Stark tried to lock her up here with the help of Vision. It brought pain as she glanced over to the cyborg wondering if he would still lock her up for her own good. She rolled her eyes and it made her move to her brother instead. First time choosing Pietro's closeness over Vision's. "They have left," she stated the obvious and spotted the spiderboy from the airport. "I think he might know more," her finger tips moved a bit with the familiar red light swaying through it. She was ready to meddle with the boy's memory if she needed to.

"I am doing nothing Stark," Loki spoke but moved away letting go off both Harley and the clown. Stark could deal with those nuisances. Almost bored he waved with some fingers and the magic around the Jester went away. He would be able to move and Stark could be the knight in shining armor for his pregnant fiancée. In all honesty he couldn't care less about what would happen from this point on. He had other ideas of how to take over the world. This had been one of many and maybe he should try another realm to take over. With some luck this would go rather smooth and Stark could finish the madman. The man had gotten on his nerve one moment too long. At first he had made him roll his eyes but now he wasn't ready to simply look away. "Do as you please, mortal," he spoke to both Joker his tone indifferent but maybe this would be far more interesting now that the Joker would actually need to work for things.

Last edited:
“Loki, let go off that woman!”
It was Tony’s voice, Happy was sure of that. With his last strength left, he pushed himself up to his feet and straightened. Everything hurt and he was pretty sure that his arm was broken. But he could walk. Step by step, slowly he approached the door. Tony was here. He needed to show him where Pepper was. The room in the back, he had heard them talk about it. She was hearing something and Harley- the girl with the baseball bat- had called the guy who wasn’t Loki a genius. The god seemed to be annoyed by those two, as far as he could tell. And right now, it was Tony’s best shot. But...
Suddenly, cold sweat gathered on Happy’s body. Tony was here alone, wasn’t he? He had heard Harley talk about something terrible, a plan to make Tony go insane. And they were about to make it happen. Stumbling the last steps to the door, he reached for the knob, but the door was locked. Desperate, he threw himself against it. No use. It was a massive steel door, he couldn’t break it.

“Old man...?”, Clint grinned and raised an eyebrow, “You sure you’re not Tony’s son?”
He looked around and his glance got stuck on the computer screen. Natasha’s SHIELD profile was open and there was information on the kidnappers, as well as their location and... Another two flashing dots, which displayed two Iron Man suits. It took the archer only a few milliseconds to make the connection.
“Look, Peter...”, Clint tried to explain, while his head went through means of transportation they could use to get there as fast as possible, “I wanted to protect you. I have kids myself and I also know that at those missions, there’s a 50 percent chance that you don’t make it back alive- or in one piece. And...”
He gently put his hand on Wanda’s arm and lowered her hands. A sign that the boy was an ally.
“I thought it would spare you some trouble”, Clint admitted, as he transferred the information about the criminals from the computer to his phone.
“But let’s get moving, we have a world to save.”
Clint flinched, when Wanda was suddenly torn out of his grip and Pietro explained himself with a simple “see you there”.
“Well, I guess that leaves only the two of us”, the archer shrugged and took some of Tony’s carkeys, “How well can you drive?”
It was meant as an apology to the teenage boy, whose ego he had hurt by sending him away. He hadn’t changed his mind about children on the team, but they needed the spider boy.

Bucky drove off and the wind in his hair reminded him of the time when he had fought for the right side, back then. On Steve’s side and by his friend’s side. He knew that those times were over, but maybe he could be a part of this now. A part of Steve’s new team. The one he had left for Bucky, though he really hadn’t asked him to. It was like Bucky had been given a new chance, a chance to wash his soul from all the guilt he had been feeling since he was himself again. And another chance with Natalia, his beautiful Natalia. And he wouldn’t waste it. Not this time.
Seconds later, they arrived at the location Natasha had described him. They got off the bike and approached the building, side by side, guns ready to fire. It was quiet out there. Too quiet.

When Tony had landed, the first thing he had seen was Loki. He had screamed the first thing that had come to his mind, not expecting any response. But he had gotten one. When the god stepped back, Tony was relieved for some time. But that didn’t last long. He saw the other man move and suddenly found himself facing three opponents instead of one. He raised his arms and threw a repulsor wave at them, which threw the guy back and the girl against a metal door. It was quiet for a moment, so he tried to get the important information.
“Where is she?!”, he asked, a little more than angry, more furious. Thoughts, pictures were rushing through his brain, he tried to fight a panic attack, which he successfully managed to push aside for the moment. She wasn’t dead! Not now! It wasn’t too late!
Rhodey turned up behind him and for a moment he jumped, halfway expecting another villain to turn up. But it was only Rhodey. He smiled and then took off to find Pepper, while Rhodey kept the man, who had a machine gun now, his girlfriend and Loki in one place. This was too easy. Why was it so easy? He shot every door open, but he couldn’t find her. Was she even here?
“Friday, I need an infrared scan of this building. I need to find Pepper!”
Silence, there was no network connection down here. Dammit.
“Pepper!!!”, he shouted, throwing another door open, making light flood the room, where she was sitting. Tony froze. Was she dead...?

J laughed and fired his bullets. He just needed to distract them, so Harley could activate their trap. It was too easy to be true. But then again, it was always easy to defeat the heroes. One bullet scratched the god- guy’s arm and J stopped for a moment. Loki was the only guy in this world who was seriously considered a threat to his life by now. But he didn’t seem to care, so J kept on firing at the second robot man... what was his name again? War Device...??

Peter raised his eyebrow as Clint explained himself. "Well, I didn't get bitten by a spider for nothing. So I guess I'm coming along whether you like it or not," he told the archer clearly still not over the fact that he had told him to stay away. "Perhaps you should use your brain cells worrying about something else than me. Last time I checked Cap dropped a freaking truck on me in Berlin and I'm still alive. So yeah, I think you should watch yourself, gramps," Peter told Clint as the two probably wouldn't get get along anytime soon. Peter had had to work things out on his own and he wasn't near to letting anyone - especially someone who made him feel like he wasn't good enough - pull him down.
"No thank you. I just swing by. So if you excuse me. I'm gonna leave," Peter mentioned at the prospect of being able to drive a car. He didn't even know how to drive so for him the only way to go from A to B was either the underground system or his invention that released the webbing. That's when he ran outside and took off. He probably would be faster than the other man because he had no traffic and could do as he pleased.

Wanda cried out in surprise as Pietro had already grabbed her and moved her towards where they needed to go. Once she stood in front of the warehouse she sighed. "You really should start warning me before moving me from one point to another. It gets exhausting," she argued and stared at her brother. But almost instantly she wraps them into a bubble so no matter what would happen next wouldn't hurt the two. She takes Pietro's hand and starts pulling him towards the entrance of the warehouse. She looks around and spots a window at a higher level. "Wanna fly?", she asks but without waiting she starts to levitate Pietro through it before following suit as soon as he heard gun shots.

Soon enough Steve arrived at the scene. But unlike Bucky he didn't stop. Rogers went straight to the entrance door and drove it down in full speed. Any other human being would've been severely injured by this act. Yet his advanced genes protected him. What surprised him though was the instant fire he was in. He jumped from his motor bike as it continued to scatter its way and hid behind some things and grabbed his shield. Quickly he stood up and threw his shield towards the shooting maniac.

Natasha moved away again and subconsciously tried her shoulder out so she could see how much she could fight hands on. Of course she noticed the silence as well and held her guns closer. That wasn't until she saw Rogers rushing passed them driving down the door. "Dammit, Rogers," she grumbled knowing their best chance of getting Potts out of their alive and unharmed was through a quick and silent mission. But Rogers and most likely Stark had something completely different in mind. Without waiting for something to happen she started to walk towards the opened gate. She looked over her shoulder "Do me a favor and stay behind me watching my back. Don't want more shot wounds," she tells him guessing having him on her team like this would do the least damage. At least he would be near her in case he turned into the Winter Soldier.

Pepper was exhausted and stopped crying eventually. She shook and moved back and forth in order to at least try and comfort her. The voices simply would stop coming and everything was so goddamn dark. Her arm looked bruised and if it hadn't been for Loki's magic, she most likely would be dead. She gave a small cry as the door suddenly opened and the light blinded her. At first she just sat there still probably looking half dead. Her first reaction was to try and protect her belly from the only man she had seen come through that door. That is until she finally is able to recognize the suit. "T-Tony?", her voice is weak and clearly Pepper is on the verge of crying again by now.

The Joker was lucky that Loki had other things in mind. He rushed over to Harley to get her out of the shooting range from the madman. He would deal with him later once she was out of the danger zone. He looked at her concerned and asked "Are you okay?"

Alright, he had definitely messed up. One would have expected the father of a nearly teenage boy to know how to treat teenagers. But apparently Clint had no idea what to do. Well, he still thought that Peter shouldn't be on the team, simply because he was too young to experience what they saw every day. He maybe was a superhero, but those small crimes he knew and fought were nothing against the vital threats they faced, the death they saw and casualties they caused every time they saved the world. It wasn't a job for a boy, who still went to school. If it were Clint's decision, he should come back when he was 21. but Tony was so desperate for an ally, he even risked a kid's life for one.
With a sigh, Clint gripped his bow tighter and nodded to himself. One more mission. He had promised. Lord knew if he could ever stop the one more's. They would see when he got home again. Maybe he should get a normal job.
He would talk to Laura about that when he got home. But now he needed to save Tony. Driving off at full speed, the archer didn’t take long to reach the old warehouse. He knew the city by heart and he also knew how to avoid traffic jam.
Within a few minutes, he was at the door, where someone had apparently let themselves in already. Bow ready to shoot, Clint walked inside the building.

Pietro landed on a metal bridge, which was held up by steel pillars and guarded by railings on the sides and which made a scratching sound when his feet hit it. He ducked and took in the scenery. Down there, about five meters under him, was a fight going on. Machine gun fire, an Iron Man suit, a girl and a guy, who didn't seem to belong there. That guy held onto the girl and talked to her, while the man with the green hair fired his machine gun, while laughing agitatedly.
The speedster tilted his head, trying to find a way down, as he suddenly heard something hiss. It was quiet, at first, nearly inaudible, but it triggered his curiousity. With a speed boost, he went off to check what it was. Soon, he stood in front of a spraying system with an attached canister, which smelt like cinamon, or something, similar. He couldn't quite place it, but maybe Wanda could...
"Wanda! Look at that! It smells like..." He stopped talking, as suddenly walls closed around him and he was caught in a box. He tried to beak the walls by speeding against them, but there was no way he could get out. The glass didn't break. He was caught.

Natasha didn't have to tell him to watch her back, he would have done that anyway. Somehow the situation itself was the strangest one he ever had experienced. It was like two worlds collided, leaving him confused, not really willing to choose one of them, but knowing he had to. Steve or Natalia. He had fought alongside both of them and he felt the need to do so again. He wanted to protect both of them, though he was quite sure that none of them really needed his protection. All his senses on high alert, he walked through the door behind the redhead and almost immediately recognized the smell that sneaked into his nose.
"Gas!", he called out, as loud as he could, but it seemed like it was too late already.

"Never been better...", the former psychiatrist whispered.
Harley pressed against the God's chest as if he were her savior. J had given her the antidote for the gas he wanted to spray onto the Avengers ages ago. Before she pressed the button to activate the canisters, she handed Loki a flask, which contained the liquid J had given her.
"You'll need that...", she whispered, still a little dizzy from being thrown against a wall. Now, she just stood there, hiding inside that strange bubble that guy had formed around them, which seemed to hold off the bullets. Then she pressed the button and heard the gas canisters spray, while she watched the others freak out.

"Pepper...", Tony smiled and was by her side seconds later. He untied her and took her face in his hands, forcing her to look at him. "You okay, Honey?", he asked, fighting down tears that were about to crawl up his eyes.
She looked so scared, so damn scared... Did she even recognize him? Why didn't she talk?
"Pepper, it's me...", he tried to calm her and took off his helmet, to reveal his face. The smell in that room was strange... Almost like... cinamon.
"Gas!"
He could hear a male voice shout, but it was too late for him to process what it meant. He was back in the cave, suffocating. Pepper was next to him, but she was dead.

Peter was on the way but frowned as he heard sirens. He looked ahead to where he needed to go but to a sharp right to help the firefighters. A huge residence was on fire and there were still people trapped in it. Without a second thought he went in there to help the families trapped inside the ocean of fire.

She landed on the metal bridge far more silent than Pietro. She was used to flying and landing due to her magic abilities. "Pietro?", she asked confused as he raced away only to appear a few feet away from her. She walked casually over like she was not afraid of being hit by bullets. "What are you...", she wanted to know as he suddenly started to race against the railing over and over again. Suddenly she was somewhere else - at the graveyard. Pietro was dead again she stood in front of the grave staring at her brother's stone. She tried to turn away but there were more: Vision's grave, Clint's and the other's. All dead because of her. Because she wasn't able to control her powers and her weak mental state had taken over. "No...", she gasped and fell to her knees crying.

Natasha walked inside the warehouse and noticed something was off. It wasn't even the maniac shooting carelessly around but something about the scenario. For her it was too late, she turned around as James almost immediately started to shout gas. Of course that was what she had considered off in this scenario. The shoutings and gun sounds off the maniac faded away as something else took over. At first it was only a blur like her body and mind tried to fight it. But soon enough she was just a little girl again, trying to survive each day at the academy. Kudrin, the Mistress of the Red Room, stood there making her hold a gun and train it at the obedient Winter Soldier. She demanded her to shoot or else they would kill her.

Steve turned to Bucky as he called out gas. "Find the sprayers and disable them. I'll see what I can do to stop the maniac from killing anyone! Don't know if anyone else will be immune to it,", he ordered taking over the lead as people. To him Loki didn't seem like the current threat but the man who carelessly shot around. Perhaps he could disarm him and make him shut things down before this got even more out of control. That was the moment he slung his shield at J and started to run after it to knock the guy down.

Unlike his usual self, Loki held Harley close to him. He didn't mind as he had started to care for that woman. Unlike what most people thought of him, he still cared. Just what Odin had done to him made him close up to most people. Part of him still cared about Thor...But he would never forgive that oaf for being Odin's favorite. Being what Loki had supposedly been in Jotunheim.
"What is this?", he asked her and looked at the liquid. He clearly was suspicious about it all. He had experimented with poisons enough to not drink liquids that looked off to him. "What is the Jester's plan?", he asked her trying to keep her safe with him. This was nothing wo joke about after all. The man was insane.

"M-Make it stop. Tony please!" she told him almost desperately like she was demanding him to make all those voices stop laughing at her. She looked desperate, confused and scared. Even her broken arm didn't really hurt anymore All she wanted to do was to get out of that place. Away from the maniac. Her whole body shook and maybe it was the way Tony looked at her or all the people suddenly screaming around combined with the gun shots. But she grabbed his helmet and placed it over her head. Just like she was trying to get some comfort out of that thing.
She was too occupied with her own labile state to even recognize that something was going on with Tony. All those voices inside her head screaming at her were louder than strangers shouting 'Gas' after all.

“Gas!”
The warning had come soon enough to make Clint turn right around and sprint back outside. Panting, he leaned against the outside wall of the building, as suddenly an alarming siren went off and the building was shot down in seconds.
“Shit”, he gasped and rubbed the back of his head. What now? What the hell was he supposed to do? Go in there without proper gear and save the others? Or should he leave it all to Steve, who he knew was immune? Maybe Barnes was too, since he had also been treated with a super soldier serum?
Just as Clint wondered where the hell Thor had disappeared, he heard glass break and saw a man break through the glass roof. Lightnings flashed around the figure. There was no doubt, it was Thor. The archer just hoped that he wouldn’t be affected by the gas.

When a good soldier is given an order, they don’t hesitate a moment to obey. Soldiers have the authorities to think for them. They don’t need a brain. And as much as Bucky wanted to be a good soldier at that moment, as much as he wanted to turn off his head and act, there was something that kept him from doing as told. He could have reasoned that it was his experience with mind control, that he didn’t want to obey anymore. That the new James Barnes was a man who kept control over his actions. But it wasn’t that. It wasn’t him or his mind that fought against the order Steve had given him. It was his heart, his emotions. Talja was sitting there, hands over her head and he saw the little vulnerable girl. He saw that beaten up body, those bruises and that moment he realized just how long he had known her for. He couldn’t leave her alone in that memory, in that gruesome moment.
Heaven or hell knew why he had brought his backpack and why there was his Winter Soldier mask inside. He just knew it was there and he wanted to put it on her mouth. For air filter, for her to wake up. The problem was just that the girl, the girl she was at the moment, fought him. She didn’t want to be touched, she kicked him. Her foot landed in his face, his nose started to bleed. Warm liquid was running down his face and it tasted like iron. He swallowed heavily, realizing just how much he was tied to her. And he tore himself away and climbed the pillar, to reach the sprayer. With a determined glance he smashed it with his metal arm, which caused the canister to explode. Bucky landed on the floor, on just where J had been before. But the maniac was gone, disappeared. He had had enough time to escape, after all.
“Where is he?!”, he asked Steve, who was on the other end of the room, “Where’s the crazy guy gone?!”

Rhodey was following the running psychotic criminal through the building. The man didn’t notice that he was being followed. Rhodey wasn’t even sure if that guy noticed anything around him, the way he was giggling, jumping and laughing made it seem like he was in his own world. Still, the soldier was careful with keeping his cover. He didn’t want to be shot all of sudden.
Walking around again felt strange after almost a year in the wheelchair, but he had to admit that it wasn’t unpleasant. The only thing that slowly started to hurt was his butt, which was carrying all his weight now, while his legs were useless. But he surely could fix that one... Had he seriously just considered getting into business again? As a paralyzed veteran from a fight that hadn’t been necessary, who still was afraid to fly because one of his allies had hit his power source? Well, he had... And somehow that thought stuck with him, no matter what else he tried to push forward. A smile formed on his face, as he thought through all the improvements that he would make to make it all easier to handle.
A smash above him drew his attention and the Colonel stopped for a moment and looked up, just to be struck down by a hammer. He fell forward and a “shit” escaped his lips, as the computer system reported damage to the helmet. The next thing he perceived, was the smell of cinnamon and falling, into complete darkness. The falling didn’t stop, though and he was spinning, losing track of up and down, while his heartbeat filled his ears.

“Loki!”, a loud and demanding voice was audible from behind them. A huge hammer flew through the air, stopping both the maniac and the God from moving, by collapsing a wall in front of them.
“Stop! I will not let you get away with this!”
Silence, then, out of the dust, an impressive man appeared. Thor moved his fingers and his newly won lightning power flashed and gathered around his hands. He raised one hand, threatening to use the lightning on his brother, if he didn’t comply. The other man, the one with the green hair, stopped and stared, quietly. Then Loki turned around and Thor raised an eyebrow. Who was that woman Loki was hiding under his shielding magic bubble? And why was his arm wrapped around her?

An explosion made the building quake, as the last gas sprayer was destroyed. Pietro, still stuck in his imaginary box, didn’t notice. All that he did notice was that something crashed. The bridge around him collapsed and the speedster landed on the floor. A few broken ribs and his nose started bleeding. But the impact made the glass break and woke him up. With one desperate try he sped against the wall, but suddenly it was gone. With all the force he had put into that sprint, he punched a hole in the next wall and dropped to the floor, unconscious from the enormous impact.

Clint still stood outside, trying to find a way to help his teammates, as suddenly he heard a strange noise. He looked up and saw Peter, making his way to the old building complex. Hell knew what had taken him so long, but he was lucky not to be in there.
“Spiderman!”, he called out, knowing from his own experience that shouting around names in public could cause a lot of trouble, “wait a second!”
After he had made sure that the boy had heard- and decided to acknowledge- him, he went on explaining.
“Don’t go in there! There’s some sort of gas inside!”

Last edited:
Wanda gasped for air as she felt the weight of her actions on her shoulders. The familiar feeling of the metal collar from when SHIELD had held in a straight jacket so she wouldn't do anything. She screamed and jumped down the ceiling as her mind still tricked her into believing that she killed everyone who had been close to her.

When Bucky tried to help her, Natasha was fighting not to attack him right here and kill. He might be a super soldier but that didn't mean there was no way to kill the man. After all she had been trained to do so all her life. To kill the American super soldier and anyone associated with him. She kicked his face as he came to near probably breaking the man's nose in the process. Heck, she hated feeling like this. Feeling like the small helpless girl from ages ago - the girl that felt like she had led another life. Luckily for Bucky he moved away before she was able to convince herself to finally shoot her Widow Bite. Probably even Rogers wouldn't survive thousands of volt running through his body. At best he would be rendered motionless and at worst he would be dead.

Steve grumbled to himself as Bucky decided now was the time not to act like a freaking soldier. Would he really need to do all of this alone with most of his teammates either acting weird or being affected by the gas. He ran after the maniac but he had vanished into the nothingness. "What the hell..?", he spoke and stared confused around. He walked back frowning over the fact that the Joker had vanished just like that.
"I don't know. He's left," Steve replied bitter to Bucky and looked at him. "Let us get the rest of the team out of here. It cannot be healthy to stay inside of here all the time," he murmured and looked around at the rest of his team. He blinked as the Maximoff twin ran through the hall. "Let's get them out of here and deal with Loki for now. We have to plan things."
The super soldier looks at his friend like he's supposed to help him. But he noticed how Bucky struggled with something else here so he went back to his military self. It seemed like he really had to hold them together once again. "Go and search for Stark and Potts. Get them out of here without that maniac noticing. The gas cannot be good to the child."

Loki looked up as he heard the familiar thunder and grumbled. Of course those idiots had to get the oaf involved. "Let me get away with what? That you choose to destroy a whole building of your precious Mortals?", the God of Mischief asked and stared at his brother. Loki seemed to be ready to fight Thor despite of their recent relationship. He had started to see Thor as a brother again and not the enemy since he found out that Odin had lied to Thor just as much. Yet he reached for his daggers eyeing the blond man suspiciously.

Peter looked at Hawkeye and then the damaged building. "The gas has probably already evaporated based on that huge ass hole in the roof," he pointed out and gestured to the damaged roof Thor had left behind. He jumped up and stuck the wall for a moment before he climbed up in search of Potts. Knowing this was one of Stark's suits anyways, it would have something like a gas mask anyways. So Spidey jumped in and followed the sounds of female whimpers. Everyone seemed to be too busy with themselves anyways than to think straight right now. He ignored the other heroes and quickly found Stark's fiancée, who seemed unconscious to him. "Ma'am...? Still remember me? Peter Parker the boy..I mean man you patched up lately," he told the woman so she wouldn't get frightened by him. Yet the pregnant woman seemed gone despite of the Ironman helmet on her head. He wrapped a strong arm around her and easily picked her up. Soon enough he emerged with unconscious woman from the roof in front of Clint. "Take care of her. I saw the silver haired guy lying around. I'll get him as well," he told Clint and almost instantly jumped back inside to rescue the next.

Last edited:
“Pepper...?”, Clint asked, while carefully putting the unconscious woman down onto the ground. She was wearing Tony’s helmet, a thing that Clint knew proved how much that man loved her. He risked his own life to protect her. With knowing hands, the archer opened the helmet and saw her pale and bruised face. She looked so hurt, so helpless. She was breathing, but it was hardly noticeable. Worried, Clint took her shoulders and shook her carefully.
“Hey, come on. Don’t do that to Tony. Wake up...”, he begged, but the woman showed no reaction. Just as Clint wanted to try something different, he heard the screams. He also heard the explosion, which threw the locked metal doors open as if they were made of cardboard. For a while, it was quiet, then he heard Wanda cry. At that moment, he realized that it hadn’t been an explosion. It had been Wanda’s powers, her desperation. She was losing control.
“Wanda!”
Without another moment of hesitation, the archer stormed inside and left Pepper lying on the sidewalk. One of his teammates would find her soon enough, this was about all their lives.
Pressing against the force that tried to keep him away with more force, the closer he got to her, he finally saw the cause for her reaction. Her twin, on the floor again. But he was breathing. Clint could see him breathing!
“Wanda, you’re making this worse...”, he shouted againstt the noise of pieces of iron and clay being thrown around by her telekinetic abilities, “He’s breathing, Wanda! Check his thoughts! He’s alive, Wanda, he’s alive...”
Somehow, Clint managed to get to her and knelt down in front of her. Somehow he knew what he had to do. Maybe it was just his father instinct, that interfered at that moment, but he pulled her into a warm and protective hug, while repeatedly telling her that her brother was alive. She was scared to death, and Clint knew how she felt.

Finally an order he could complete. Somehow, the fact that Steve acted like he knew him calmed him. Bucky nodded and made his way through the hall, walking towards the metal door, which Stark had destroyed before. Just as he was about to enter the room, he was hit by... somethinng... which nearly pushed him off his feet. It was like a sandstorm. Red mist gathering all around him, making things float. What was that now? Ignoring the storm like thing that gathered behind him, he went into the room and found a bundle of despair - Stark - and an empty chair. Potts was gone and Stark didn’t seem all to responsive when he asked him where she was.
“Steve! We’ve got a problem!”, he called out to his fellow soldier. Just for a moment, it felt like back when.

Pietro was woken up by the familiar feeling of Wanda poking around in his head. What was she doing? Was she trying to tell him something? This was different to the usual things she did when she was searching for the truth. He could feel her thoughts racing, like she was really scared of something. Beyond that, he couldn’t feel anything, though. His head hurt too much to think about something else. Also, he was pretty sure that his face was bruised somehow. But that would only last a few days. More of a concern to him was the fact that he couldn’t move, except for opening his eyes. What had happened...?

Just as Thor breathed in to explain what he was trying to reach threatening his brother, some kind of pressure wave floated through the hall and made Thor stumble forward and Loki take a few steps back to keep his balance. The distraction had lead to Thor paying attention to what Bucky shouted towards Steve and straightened up.
“Where is she?”, he hissed, this time not looking at Loki, but at the other man. The maniac shrugged and grinned.
Thor glanced back at his brother, his eyes asking him to make this man unable to escape, while they... did exactly what?
“She’s not gone, Peter got her outta here!”, Clint shouted back, which made Thor sigh in relief. He really liked Tony’s girlfriend. She was funny. But then came a sentence that made him uncomfortable again: “She needs medical care as soon as possible! Does anyone have any contacts?”
Since SHIELD wasn’t exactly existing anymore, there was no backup security for them. Thor knew that and it was a problem, especially if Pepper was about to die.
“Loki, could you do something for her?”, Thir asked, without hesitation. For the first time in ages the two of them trusted in each other again.

Last edited:
Wanda's sudden turmoil slammed Natasha through a wall. She hit her head on some iron and she groaned in pain. But it helped her enough to get back to consciousness. Yet her red hair seemed to become wet with her own blood. The pain on the back of her head was enough to keep her mind clear on the current target and mission. She stumbled back out over the debris and through the hole her body had slammed in the brick wall. Heck this was a mess. She moved her head a little and looked around the room to see where her help was needed. Natasha didn't seem too concerned that the Winter Soldier wasn't anywhere near but she noticed how no one really guarded the maniac in the room. So she ran forward ducking and jumping through the debris until she finally reached the Joker. Almost immediately she had him in her infamous thigh grip and threatened to shoot him with her Widow Bite.

Wanda stared at Pietro and whether she heard Clint or not was unclear. All her thoughts were spinning around what she had done. What she was able to conflict on people. She would be the literal end to the Avengers like Ultron had told her. She would kill them all. At first she was the reason why they had to split - Sokovia, South Africa...Everything was her fault. Without her doings her brother wouldn't have been locked up without her. So SHIELD, Hydra or whatever could do experiments on them. She was so scared and her tearful gaze landed on Clint as he pulled her away...no hugged her. It was a strange feeling at first but soon enough she sank into it. Why was he alive? She had seen his...
"Pietro...," she whispered her voice filled with grief and sorrow all over again. This was her fault. She had talked him once again into helping the Avengers. She should've known better. But eventually she always ended up hurting the people she liked or loved. Still Clint's constant reassurance got through to her and she frowned slightly.
Wanda stared at her twin and started to dig. The turmoil around her slowed down and almost came to a complete stop with things just levitating in the air. Her breathing was labored as she stared at Pietro. Her own thoughts racing as she raced through his mind. Almost immediately as Pietro opened his eyes, she finally allowed the breath escape her lips. The things dropped to the ground just like that as she moved out of Clint's embrace and towards Pietro. "Pietro! Thank goodness," she murmured and pulled her brother into a hug.

Rogers looked over to Bucky as he shielded his head with his shield from the iron piece that knocked him straight on the ground. He got back up though and ran as fast as he could against the threatening storm that was Wanda's powers. As he finally arrived at Bucky the storm had finished and he looked shortly over his shoulder. "What is it?", he demanded to know and stepped inside. With a frown he noticed the empty chair with a helmet-less Ironman on the ground. "Get him out of here," he ordered and gestured to Stark. "We will get Potts...Somehow. We need answers out of the maniac," he told him serious and stepped out to Clint's explanation where the woman was. He turned to Bucky. "You know where to bring him. Also try to talk some sense into him. Gently," he spoke and patted Bucky's shoulder in an appreciative gesture. Heck this really felt like they were back...to being like best friends again.

Loki was about to split himself into an image of himself to keep the maniac at bay while he really went to help Potts. He nodded grim at Thor and already had two images of himself standing next to each other as the Black Widow attacked the Jester. "I think the Widow can manage, don't you?", he spoke so he hurried out while his other self eyed his surroundings so no-one would get to close to Harley. He hurried out and knelt down next to the woman murmuring spells his mother...Frigga...had taught him when he was just a child.
His other self turned to Harley and he looked at her pointedly "You should probably help and assist Miss Potts as well, Doctor Quinzel. You did a good job the last time. I am going to make sure the Jester will not hurt you this time." He gestured for her to walk first and he waited for her. Unlike the Joker he would not force her to do anything just guide her and offer things so this wouldn't turn into a bigger catastrophe.

Peter noticed how everyone seemed to be suddenly preoccupied with everything else than to notice that Happy was still missing. He swung over everyone webbing the maniac's foot to the ground so Natasha would manage easier to hold him in place. Instead he jumped down and looked around into the other rooms for Happy. The man hadn't been very nice to Peter before but he had at least appreciated his effort when it came to moving and stopping his ex's father. He noticed the unconscious body somewhere and was quick to check for pulse before picking him up to get him out of here as well.

J was out. His head was somewhere else, preoccupied with the cleverness of his plan. He felt the familiar tickle all over his body, when he escpaed from the Avengers. Well, at least he thought what he was doing. Suddenly, there was a man in front of them, who seemed somehow... electrified, loaded with lightning. He smiled at the man first, but then he was stopped in his way out. His plan went wrong and that was simply unacceptable. He had planned it for too long to let it go wrong now. But it was too late. Next thing he knew, he was under an agent, who looked quite good, actually. The thing in her hands, that bothered him, though. It looked dangerous. A little like an electroshock gun. He better didn't move, it was too dangerous.
"Oh hello...", he smiled at the woman instead, "What's your name?"

"Wanda...", the boy mumbled and tried to move his hands, but without success. Panic flooded his mind and he gasped, somewhat helpless. If there was something in the world that scared Pietro more than being locked up, it was not being able to move. It was as if he was in the debris of their house again, staring at the bomb.
"Please help me....", he whispered, begging his sister to do something... to save him.

"Me..?", Bucky asked and looked at his friend with doubt in his eyes, "I don't know if that's a good idea. I might scare him even more..."
But Steve was gone already and there was no other way now. Talk sense into him... Very funny, Steve. He really didn't know what to tell this man. He hardly even knew him. So how the heck was he supposed to calm him? This was a bad job, a very bad one. But he would try. Carefully, he pulled the guy up and noticed that he didn't even fight him. Unlike Natalia, he just stood up and gave in to his fate, glances empty. He knew that look. He had seen it on soldiers before. Soldiers who had lost their brothers, or friends. Nothing mattered anymore. It was like every will to fight was gone and he waited for his final breath. There was nothing to say. He just had to get him outside safely.

Thor wasn't sure what Loki was doing, but he definitely was doing well. There had been a time when he had seen his brother as an enemy, a man who couldn't be trusted. But that had changed now. The last few months had changed the way he looked at many things, even his father. Hela had destroyed Asgard, but she had given them back what they had needed the most: Unity. The feeling of belonging. Asgard wasn't a place, it was a concept. A family. Thor understood that now. And the only family he had left was Loki.
"I'm sorry for accusing you", the god of thunder murmured, "It's just that I felt your magic all around the place and I thought you might have made up another plan to rule Midgard.... I guess I was wrong." He paused for a moment. "But still, what are you doing here? With that guy... And who is she?"
The woman who had been in Loki's arms before slowly approached them. She looked insecure, almost scared she couldn't reach them. Her eyes rested on Loki.
"What shall I do...?", she asked shyly.
Once again, Thor raised an eyebrow. Another victim of his mind control? That was a new low, even for Loki. Couldn't he get a normal girlfriend? He didn't look that bad, after all.

Natasha cocked her eyebrow as the Joker greeted her. Well, that one certainly brought a smirk to her lips. It was a refreshing way to interact with people or especially her opponents. People knew who she was and what she was capable of doing. Most men had the tendency to just imagine her capabilities in bed based on what she had learned in Russia and how the Red Room had used her primarily. They were foolish to underestimate her most of the time. At least the man didn't seem to undress her mentally by now. "Well, hello to you, too. They call me the Black Widow. You wanna take a guess how I earned that title?," she was doing light conversation despite of what kind situation they were in. The redhead was intrigued by the way the Joker seemed to switch between maniac and normal person. Yet Natasha knew better than being brainwashed by the man. She had too many people playing with her mind in the past. Still she was interested where this was going while she jumped off his shoulder but kept her Widow's bite trained on his neck. She could easily take him out or even kill if it was necessary. Unlike the rest of the Avengers she wouldn't even think twice. Most of them had a working moral compass and the Winter Soldier was too occupied doing other things right now.

Wanda stared at Pietro. "What is wrong? Pietro!", she asked in panic, knowing that wasn't how her brother usually asked for her help in any way. He was naturally more demanding. He was acting the way Wanda would most of the time. So she knew something was extremely wrong with and why didn't he move? Hell, her twin mostly couldn't even stay still for 5 second straight. Her gaze went to Clint asking him silently for help. This wasn't good at all. Again she moved into his mind and tried to will him to move at least a bit but something was really wrong. "Clint... Please!", she breathed out and the atmosphere around her changed once again. The things - pebbles, debris and metal - around her seemed to start levitating again as she held onto her brother. This time the center seemed to include Pietro, Clint and her though.

Steve went t get and fight Loki finally. This was a mess and why the heck was no-one looking for Loki. He almost looked pissed off as he saw Thor basically not even questioning about what was going on but allow him near the pregnant woman. "What is going on here?", he demanded to know, ready to knock Loki and Thor out if he had to. Cap didn't look forward of doing so but he would fight both Asgardians if he needed to. Whatever happened between the brothers made Steve suspicious. Loki had a bad track record and that was all what was counting to him. He looked annoyed at Thor - what the heck had he planned about his brother? After all everyone knew the god of Thunder always had had a soft spot for Loki.

The projection of Loki rolled his eyes over his brothers first assumptions. To be fair he had had the idea of ruling Midgard again. But there were more important tasks to be done first and if he had gotten Midgard in the process it would've been a pleasant surprise. "No, for now I tried to keep her children alive," he lied easily. His brother was too easy to trick into thinking what he wanted. Still Loki had lost most of his outer motives since finding out that their father had deceived the two of them. "This is Doctor Harleen Quinzel. She is a healer for the mind. Your Midgardians have strange professions. Usually Doctor Quinzel is around the Jester but I do not believe he treats her correctly," Loki introduced Harley and explained why the woman was here at all. Soon enough the projection just vanished as they got near the real him.
Loki murmured more words as he healed Pepper. He didn't look up at Harley as he started to talk. "Just soothe her. She trusts you because you helped her. Keep her calm so the babies won't be hurt while I heal her. We do not wish for her to miscarry, do we?", he spoke gently and more patient than to what he displayed towards the oaf of a brother.
"She is not mind controlled by me, brother," he told Thor pathetic like he knew what the man was thinking. He scoffed and sent Thor a dark glance.

“Let me guess, you killed a few men?”, he smirked and shrugged, “Me too, it’s not much of a deal when it’s for a bigger purpose.”
A huge smile spread on the maniac’s face when he saw the familiar void in her eyes. She was good at concealing it, but she wasn’t that emotionless. Nor was she like him, because deep down there was guilt. The will to make up for everything she had done. And a deadly sin she had called love. He could see all that in the way she acted, especially towards the other Avengers. She was an outsider. And maybe if he could find out more about that Black Widow thing, he could... play a trick on her?
“I don’t think we’re so different, you and me”, he went on with the prisoner’s small talk. It was basically what he told everyone.
“I mean, you have mire of that- how do they call it?- flair. I scare people. It’s just the way I work.” He shrugged again, then he licked his scars and smiled again. “You thrill them, gain their trust and then- boom! You hit. It’s much more complex to put up with them...” A frown formed on his face. “I just don’t. It’s easier. So... I guess you have the harder job.”
Compliments, first. She was supposed to like him, or at least feel something like sympathy. She wasn’t scared, and he liked that.

Clint had just gotten up to look for Natasha, because he had seen her break through a wall before, when Wanda screamed his name again. For a moment he was startled, but then he saw Natasha taking the Joker down. No need to worry about her. With worries in his eyes, he rushed over to Wanda and knelt down next to her. For a brief moment he had no idea what to do, but that went past pretty quickly. He remembered the tricks that the SHIELD psychologist had told him to use when he was feeling like he was getting an anxiety attack. Softly, the archer took Wanda’s hands in his and turned her to him, away from her brother.
“Wanda, listen to me”, he tried to get her attention, “You have to calm down. You’ll destroy the building. Look at me, okay? We’ll be alright.”
He placed his hands on her shoulders, to make sure she was listening.
“We’re gonna count from 10 backwards now, okay? While we do that, you try to calm your breathing. You try to keep this place in a whole, I’ll try to help Pietro, deal?”
He wasn’t sure if she had understood him, so he waited for an answer.

“Sh”, was Thor’s answer to Steve’s question, while he raised his arm, whick made Mjolnir come back to his hand. “He is saving the children”, he whispered, while he watched Loki doing his magic. It was fascinating just how talent His brother was. And just when he thought that he knew all of his tricks, another one popped up out of nowhere and made the god of thunder frown.
“Well, does any Asgardian treat his wife correctly?”, Thor gave his opinion to Loki’s comment, totally ignoring Steve now, but his arm still marking a border between the captain and his brother. He wouldn’t let Steve get in the way of Loki saving Pepper’s children. Twins, he could feel them. It was like a part of Loki’s magic went through him and he could sense what his brother was doing. It was a strange feeling. But back on the topic, he didn’t really know if what Loki said was the truth. At least he couldn’t taste any magic around her, which was a good sign, but who could know for sure? He watched, as she approached Loki and then gave him a shy smile, before kneeling down and taking Pepper’s hand. Where was the rest of the team, anyways? Where was Tony, Rhodes, where was the artificial man, who talked like Tony’s computer system and could raise Mjolnir? And where was the magic girl? He could hear her shout something, she sounded quite desperate.
“So why would you care about that, all of sudden?”, Thor went on debating with his brother.

Happy woke up to something raising him up and pulling him through the roof. It was like a bad dream at first and he tried to fight whoever was pulling him upwards, but he just... The drugs made him too dizzy to find out exactly where the target was. Still, he opened his eyes and looked around, in search for something that indicated where he was. Still inside the warehouse? And who was that, carrying him? It felt like it was a child, the arms not really buff or anything. Like sticks...
“Oh please don’t drop me...”, were the first words that stumbled over his lips, as he tried to hold onto the thin arms, pulling him upwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back