Other Recommendation Thread

moize

wait What? uhhhm..? what?
<p>

</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#A7ADBB;">Recommendation Thread</span> </p></div>

<p>
<span style="color:#989EAC;">ok so there are alot of different recommendation treads going on all over the general discussion subforum, but most of them are people asking for suggestion for what to read/watch next and not just a basic</span>
<span style="color:#B4B8C4;">"hey, I liked this anime/manga/cartoon/comic/tv-series/movie/book, you should read/watch it too!" </span><span style="color:#989EAC;">treads, so i thought i would start one! </span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda forgot i made this post? it was kinda late when i posted it and it was mostly to mess around with bbcode...BUT i Do love rec-ing things to people sooo

turn of the story by sarah rees brennan (novel)

funny coming of age story about socially awkward 13 year old Elliott who is way to smart and stubborn for his own good, add fantasyland to that and a school focusing on warrior training and you have this story. its free to read on sarah bennans blog, all 12 (loooong) chapters.

dungeon meshi(manga)

is a fantasy manga that came out in 2014(still going, but very slowly) around the time mmorpg stories were really popular, but dungeon meshi stand out in that it takes place in an actually fantasy world and not in a game, and while there is a overlapping plot about saving the younger sister of the warrior, its mostely about eating and cooking monsters!

the characters are all fun and well rounded, and im a big fan of the art style.

sfeer theory(webcomic)

the story follow Luca Valentino who is an technician working for Uitspan University, a prestigious school for the study of Sfeer Theory. because he is an immigrant from a neighboring country he isn't able to enroll into the school even thought he is more than qualified, and is more or less a glorified janitor much to luca's frustration.

Can I add a couple of books?

Love finding/giving recommendations, especially for books! =D

The Night Circus:

So good. The way she writes/the characters/the settings... Its seriously a page turner that has to be paid attention to. So worth the read though! (Plus, it seems to have a small-ish Fandom [or I just haven't found them], and I'd LOVE to talk to someone about it!) Written by Erin Morgenstern.

The River of Time Series:

Couple of American Girls gets swept off to Medieval Italy via time travel. Super good series. 4 books and 2 novellas. All very well worth it! Strong characters and story lines. Written by Lisa T. Bregren.

ANIME/MANGA

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: "Shirayuki is a young lady with unique apple-red hair. She is seen by a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight, and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen's true character? Akagami no Shirayukihime is a refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch." -Wikia

The first season is finished and is on to the second season. The manga is still ongoing. The characters are admirable, and there's a slight love triangle (which means that his actions are somewhat ambiguous, but I think he likes her. Whatever, he's a really likeable character anyway). Romance is part of the main plot, but there's a lot more than romance going on in here. I would recommend it for those who like light romance.

Last edited by a moderator:
family man by Dylan Meconis (WebComic)

It’s a 1768 history fiction drama(!) of sorts, it takes place in Germany where the main guy have gotten a job as a theology lecturer, he and the librarian (the daughter of the principal) strike up a friendship (cause they are both huGE NERDS THAT GEEK OVER BOOKS). And there is some mystic stuff going on with a wolf pack.

bite me! by Dylan Meconis(WebComic)

About vampires in the French revolution.

witchy by Ariel Ries(WebComic)

Witchy is the story of a young witch named Nyneve. Terrified of the Guard, and of being enlisted, she hides her long hair from everyone but her mother.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (Novel)

Book Synopsis: Laia is a slave. Elias is a soldier. Neither is free. After her brother is captured by the Masks, Laia teams up with the rebels to get him back. In order to rescue her brother, she risks her life to spy for the rebels within the Empire's greatest military academy. It's at that academy that she meets Elias, a newly graduated Mask that wants nothing more than freedom. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back