• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Rebuild.

Raneth said:
Now David felt like he could prove himself. And maybe he'd be able to teach the boy a few things.
Bill approached his first target. From what he had already observed and likely assumptions made on his part, Bill thought he stood a good chance of getting the kid onside. Kids were the easiest to manipulate.

He adjusted his belt sheath so that his Gerber would be visible, kids always thought knives were cool; especially ones built with the single purpose of ending another man's life.

"So son. What do you think about all this. Can we trust these people? I'm Bill by the way, pleased to meet you."

Asking the kid his opinion would make him feel respected and important, just what Bill wanted. He smiled at Olivia, she was obviously not a member of this kids family so any links between these two could probably be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell rolled her eyes at the man going up toward the kid. Great there are one of those in the group. Hell had spent enough time around groups to meet those type of people. She shrugged, she had no problem with the manipulation as long as there was none against her. Box was rustling in her jacket, he was getting impatient. "When are we gonna start this, I'm getting tired of standing here," she says to no one in particular she crosses her arms. This may be the first group of people she's seen alive since the city, but she doesn't have all eternity. She saw some deer in a forest not so far away from here and she was getting restless.

Still following Freki and Geri, Remy could only hope they'd lead her to some sort of building soon. As she kept running, she felt Geri bump into her a slow down. Following the lead, it wasn't much more that a second later she heard Freki jump up onto what could only be a car, and Gri got around and nudged her forward.

Sticking her hands out, Freki made sure to step forward and guide her free hand to the hood of the vehicle, and Remy immediately began to climb it. Whatever it was, it must have still had battery power, because during the climb Remy accidentally slammed her staff into the hood, and a blaringly loud car alarm was set off.

With Geri and Freki's aid, Remy climbed over the rest of the obstacle, praying that the alarm wouldn't invite even more trouble.

Hell flinched "What was that," Box jumped out of her jacked and howled and ran toward the noise. "Box wait" Darn that puppy sometimes I wish I had eaten it. Hell hops on the bike and chases after the puppy. She could have easily caught it but she wanted to know what was going on so she followed him. Box kept running till he reached the car. Hell stopped, there were two dogs and a girl she was pretty, but what was she doing out here without a car. "Hey are you ok she asks?" she put her hand on her pistol just in case.

Hand dropping instinctively to where she knew her lever action sat, and knowing it was there through ages of practise and knowing exactly how to drop to her knee. It also helped that the girl's voice was sharp enough in her ears to allow her to know she would be able to level the rifle at the newcomer.

Hand grasping the stock cleanly, Remy swung the rifle around fancifully, cocking it at the same time all while dropping to a knee. While the rifle spun, she instinctively reached up to her eyes, but found she was not wearing her blindfold. Thankfully, her long hair would help hide her eyes from clear view, giving her a slight advantage in that her new 'friend' wouldn't know she was blind.

"Got a couple zekes after me I'm choosing not to deal with. You friend, or target practise and dog chow?"

As the girl moved she raised her pistol at the girl right between the eyes. Another stand off, its always a stand off, seriously I could be wearing a "I am unarmed don't shoot me" shirt and it would still be a stand off. Box, the tiny puppy began barking frantically, "Sush Box" she said but the puppy kept barking.

"Well, I don't make friends that easily, but I wont shoot you if you wont shoot me." She hoped that the girl would come to her senses and lower her gun, but if she didn't, well that's just two more member's for team zombie.

Hearing the woman's words, she tilted her head somewhat before speaking.

"Freki, good or bad?"

Freki, doing as she had been trained, walked up to Remy's side and lifted a forepaw, putting it down on her arm and pulling her 'aim' off its 'mark'. Taking the hounds judgement Remy fumbled to reholster her rifle and grabbed at her staff. Moving to a standing position, Remy gave a smile and brushed her hair out of her face with her free hand, revealing her clouded eyes.

"I'd have been lucky to shoot within a metre of you, and if I actually managed to aim directly at you, it was pure luck. As you can see, I can't," chuckled Remy, wearing a friendly grin, "My name is Remy. On my left you have Freki, I believe, so Geri should be on my right. And as I've stated, I was being tailed by a few zekes. Also, sorry about the rifle, can't be too careful."

Hell smiles "Hey It's the apocalypse what else can you expect" she shrugs her shoulders, then realizing that the action made no point. Damn, a blind girl surviving the zombie apocalypse, she must be a badass. "My name is Helena but my old group used to call me Hell" the tiny puppy began to bark, "this runt is called Sandbox but he goes by Box" Box ran up to the other dogs who stood like pillars over him and sniffed at the lager dogs and began barking what can be considered a 'bow before me' bark.

She whistled and he sauntered back over to Hell, she picked him up and put him in her jacket. She looked at the girl again. "Hey you need a lift? There's a camp up ahead, they're kind of stuffy but they'll let you in."

Nodding in Helena's rough direction, Remy knew that a safe haven of any kind was better than the still blaring car alarm that was no doubt even now attracting more zekes. Signaling Freki and Geri to follow Helena, Remy readied herself to start walking again.

"I'm not a fan of vehicles these days, but following you to a place to stay sounds wonderful. Walking for days and sleeping in trees isn't nearly as much fun when it's a daily basis."

"Sure, I got my bike with me so we could drive back or walk I'm cool with whatever. Just hold on a minute." Hell walks past Remy and goes to the car still blaring, opened the hood and pulled the battery out of it. She smiled a working battery can come in handy at any moment, Hell walked over to Remy again.

"So bike or walking." Personally she'd prefer to bike there but she could understand why a blind person wouldn't like vehicles much.

SiroVai said:
Bill approached his first target.

(( I just want to say that when I read "gerber" I immediately pictured baby food and not the knife, lmao. ))

For a moment, the two looked on the array of people pouring in, and David was curious of all the barking. The last time they saw a dog was before their group fell apart. The thing had been gangly and viscous, however, and made off with one of the fish that a woman had caught for dinner that night. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, it was never seen again. Thinking about it once again after the years, David had to wonder what happened to it. These dogs that seemed to be everywhere now, however, better be nice. His thoughts were interrupted when the elderly man approached he and Olivia. He gripped her hand, which caused her to look over at him after visually inspecting the area. She gave him an apprehensive frown.

David examined Bill for a few seconds. He didn't look like the older men from David's past, who were all either chubby or a pile of walking bones. He looked strong and that was a little intimidating. However, he was interested in Bill's knife. The shabby pocket knife he carried looked absolutely pathetic in comparison. The long knife wasn't much better, either. David looked up at Bill and gave him a suspicious gaze. "I'm David. I don't know what to say about them. I don't know if they're threats yet. If you're a threat," He replied, trying to seem bigger than he was. "but I'll wait and see what everyone's like first. Then we'll decide."

Raneth said:
David examined Bill for a few seconds. He didn't look like the older men from David's past, who were all either chubby or a pile of walking bones. He looked strong and that was a little intimidating. However, he was interested in Bill's knife. The shabby pocket knife he carried looked absolutely pathetic in comparison. The long knife wasn't much better, either. David looked up at Bill and gave him a suspicious gaze. "I'm David. I don't know what to say about them. I don't know if they're threats yet. If you're a threat," He replied, trying to seem bigger than he was. "but I'll wait and see what everyone's like first. Then we'll decide."
Bill was impressed with David's common sense approach. After all, Bill was a complete stranger and they used to teach kids never to speak to strangers. Then again, these days you ran the risk of having your intestines tore out by the living dead so maybe the old rules didn't matter so much.

"You got a wise head on those shoulders David. Names Bill. Who's this pretty girl here, you been looking after her all by yourself? You must be one brave kid."

He was only half paying attention to the commotion and car alarm going off outside the camp. Once it was shut off he idly wondered how long it would be before the Aussie shut the gates and the Z's crawled out the woodwork.

Jack watched them all file in. They all knew, as he did, that a community was a target. Maybe he’d be hitting the road sooner rather later. It just depended on the way it played out.

In the distance, a car alarm went off. It wasn’t from the direction of any of the traps he’d been placing around town, and noise only meant trouble. It wasn’t unexpected though – communities always equated to noise.

As predicted, there was a slow tide of movement from various buildings around the area – shamblers, mostly, but enough to make things interesting. They were headed – for now – towards whatever had made the car alarm go off. There was enough movement in their camp that that could change at any second, however. It was time to act.

Jack did as his training dictated. Closing the gaps in the wall behind the rest of their new party, he spoke to the group at large.

“ Zeds inbound. Get the kids up these stairs and onto the roof – they can’t fight, but they can help someone sentry. I want one of you from each of their groups up there with them. Take my rifle – don’t use it unless you have to. Hand to hand combat if any wander close, team - keep the noise as low as you can.” Without waiting for a response, he shoved his weapon at Olivia. It was both an offer of trust, and Jack going into autopilot. Their ‘section’, as it were, were about to be assaulted. That meant divvying them up into teams to establish a perimeter defence. Basic soldiering. It had been years, but it was the sort of training that never left you. If worst came to worst, Jack knew he could survive without a firearm, so it was for him, a reasonably small wager.

“Josh, Jaime – can you guys take the South wall and the Western approach?” Then he nodded at Bill, quite clear now that the man had some form of military experience – it was just how he moved – “If you would, Sir, with me. We’ll take North, and cover the bridges. There’s a firing platform on top of that first shed you passed.” From their position, nothing should be coming from the water to the East, although they would see it while covering the bridges if it did. To Ty, he said “If you could join us, or the sentry group on the roof, I’d appreciate it.” The plan was strategically sound - it covered each approach, and no one was left unguarded. It meant there was a group held in reserve to cover things if the wall fell, and it protected access to the vehicles if they had to get out of there.

From there, it was a matter of seeing what the group did. Either they would respond positively to what he’d said, or not. If the latter, Jack had the option of leaving, and he knew it. If the former, well. The camp was likely to last the first encounter with its new inhabitants, and that was a good sign. A win early might help boost the group’s confidence in one another, and lead to strength overall. A loss…well. Jack had lived through worse.

@Sukiyaki

"It's the whole. no control thing. It's one thing be led around dogs. I know my dogs, Freki and Geri have never failed me. No offense though, but I don't know how you drive, or you in general." explained Remy.

AS she did so she noticed Freki and Geri both getting antsy, and realised that it could only mean zekes were on there way. Informing Helena of the incoming dangers, she readied herself for a run, ready to follow this girl to her so called 'safe-haven'.

(OOC: Sorry for the late response. Got busy IRL)

SiroVai said:
Bill was impressed with David's common sense approach.

David looked up to Olivia, who looked uncomfortable. He turned back to Bill and frowned. There was no point in lying, was there? After all the noise, they were going to have to stay here for awhile till whatever infected came either were killed or passed by out of disinterest. "Her name's Olivia. But she's the real reason I'm here. She's the only person that stayed with me through all this." He told Bill, which caused her to smile a bit.

With all the noise going on, Olivia felt like it was time the two got inside. She planned on figuring out where it would be easy to escape from in case things got too crazy. While she felt like a despicable person for thinking things like this, her primary concerns were David and herself. They managed to be together for three years now. She wasn't going to let a group of strangers ruin that. When the leader of this place began to speak over the noise, Olivia looked up and was surprised when he came over and handed her the firearm. She was about to speak but just kept quiet, looking down at it.

"Olivia--" David began, but was hushed by her. She cocked her head towards the building and held the gun, hopefully in a way that made it seem like she knew what she was doing with it.

"Just head up, David." She told him. "Your eyes and voice help everyone out, especially me." She told him, smiling a little. "It's a lot more important than you might be thinking it is." She gently set her hand on his shoulder. "You know me. It'll be alright." She assured him, watching him head off to go to the roof. Her smile dropped a bit and she looked out past the barricade. What a day.

David and Olivia obviously shared more of a bond than Bill had previously thought. It would take more work than he anticipated and was about to up the ante when the Aussie started giving orders.

His house, his rules thought Bill. He could jump in the SUV right now and ride outta here, but this group had plenty of stuff worth taking. He wouldn't be surprised if half of them were thinking the same thing he was. Nothing like a Z attack to act as a convenient distraction for a grab and run after all. On this occasion however, he decided to keep to his original plan and stick around learning what he could.

"You got it boss. I'll go grab my rifle."

He strode back to his trusty old Suburban and retrieved his beloved m16. He grabbed a couple of extra clips and pocketed them before briskly waking over to the shed Jack had indicated. Finding a short ladder he scooted up it, rifle strapped to his shoulder and clambered onto the roof. Once there he could immediately see what the problem was. The girl who rode out of camp chasing after her puppy was talking to another new person, this one with a pack of dogs around her.

"This gets God damn stranger by the minute." Bill mumbled to himself as he sighted down the rifle and released the safety. He guessed he would cover the girls retreat to camp as that was indeed what they seemed to be doing. The zombies were converging on the girls position and he counted around 20-30.

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]@Sukiyaki
"It's the whole. no control thing. It's one thing be led around dogs. I know my dogs, Freki and Geri have never failed me. No offense though, but I don't know how you drive, or you in general." explained Remy.

AS she did so she noticed Freki and Geri both getting antsy, and realised that it could only mean zekes were on there way. Informing Helena of the incoming dangers, she readied herself for a run, ready to follow this girl to her so called 'safe-haven'.

(OOC: Sorry for the late response. Got busy IRL)

[/QUOTE]
Hell shrugged she was glad she didn't drive a car "All right, lets go" she begins pushing the bike back up the road. Remy Feki and Geri following behind, I feel like a mother duck and her ducklings right now. Then to make it seem more weird Box pooped out of Hell's jacket and propped himself on the front of the bike like a masthead, and now it is weirder, thank you Box. As the two approached the camp more and more zombies grew behind them instead of four there were about 20 or more. Whoever invented the car alarm should be shot, although he's probably a zombie in that case I'll shoot him. Hell put all her might into pushing the bike back to camp "Hey Remy, you know these, what did you call em'.... ah zekes are growing by the minute. The place up there is full of people but it's fortification are a load of crap." She tuns to the girl waiting on her response.

(OOC: No I'm sorry for this late response. I was at a funeral in the middle of nowhere)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back