• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Reapers: Conversations Among Players

Yatasal

Currently on hiatus...
Conversations Among Players
Talk among yourselves! Make random internet friends! You can do it!
The main thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Question: Can they have two occupations or just one?
Answer: No, the occupations are full time jobs, so they can only have one. Also for simplicity's sake.

Ohh I see ;; I can't take on any more group RPs unfortunately so I'll have to pass on this :`(

Awesome!
Okay, another question! Love them, keep them coming!

Question: What does a gardener do? Do they just handle plants or do they handle something else as well?
Answer: A gardener tends the Forest of Shimone. Since reapers who aren't gardeners can't control the trees, plants, and water, the gardeners are relied upon to shape the houses according to specific work orders the reapers give them. They also help the trees grow, expedite the growing process, and water the saplings. They shape the trees with a combination of tools and magic. A day in their career usually involves travelling around the forest, finding addresses and fixing or growing trees in a specific way. A work order can take anywhere from days to months to complete, and so the gardeners will often be assigned several work orders and work that "rotation" for a few months before being given any new cases.

Just doing my usual 'watch thread' rounds, and this is the last one on my list.

This looks really, really quite cool! I'm excited for when everybody has everything readied.

I just came up with a question.

How exactly does 'resurrection' work? Is there the act of resurrecting at all? Yatasal Yatasal

Shadowfall Shadowfall

Glad to hear it!

Resurrection... Er, that doesn't... Hm. I guess there is reincarnation... Okay. So the reapers take the people to the Hall of Afterlives, and once they enter their afterlife they then get taken care of by whatever gods or goddesses rule that particular afterlife. If there is reincarnation involved, the reapers don't deal with it. They simply deliver the souls to their assigned afterlife.

Re-read the lore since I finally got some time to start on a character (maybe two, thinking about it)
The idea of dogs and animals in general not having souls and just dying is interesting, but it would be nice if they just had their own little sector and maybe just got reincarnated all the time? Or like, reapers could keep animal souls as pets? Just like thinking out loud here, I don’t really mind if they do or don’t have an afterlife.

Yatasal Yatasal

Well that's good to know, thanks AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Another question, this time about Speakers and Psychics:

Questions: So can those who are Speakers just talk to mediums like having a regular conversation or does it have to be through something like tarrot cards or if a Speaker was pushing it a computer or phone? Would mediums be able to see them? Or would Only powerful or select mediums be able to?
Answers: It depends on the ability of the psychic. Most beginners (like your novice) will use tarot cards, ouija boards, or any other means of contacting the "dead". It should be noted that psychics can only speak to dead souls after years of training, but that the more advanced psychics not only can speak to souls but can see them. Also, the reapers can show themselves to anyone who's dead or who's a psychic, the psychic just can't hear them.

Also no one worry about getting their characters up ASAP. We all have lives, some of us have school or jobs, and RPNation isn't the first priority in life. Y'all are doing your best and I appreciate that! But on that note, I have the following who've said that they'll make characters. Like if you still intend to make a character.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith
Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal
Shadowfall Shadowfall
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
raven flame raven flame
crumbelivable crumbelivable

We're still open, by the way! Come one, come all!

I feel like I'm constantly adding details, which happened in the last RP too... Oh well.

Reapers are fluent in all spoken languages as a general rule. This is an innate ability. Written or signed languages they are NOT fluent in, however. They have to work to achieve that. Reapers themselves have a written and spoken language, which I'm not going to spend time trying to create. When using either reaper language, simply use the font sail using BBCode. For those of you that hate it, I'm sorry. The BBcode is [font=sail@]example text[/font] without the @ symbol. Note that this special font only needs to be used when speaking in the reaper language to someone not fluent in it (i.e. dead souls, live souls, psychics, etc). The reaper languages (both written and spoken) are an innate abilities as well.

Hello, if you're still open i'd love to get started on a cs but I just wanted to ask if you were still accepting beforehand.

Just finished my cs! If there's anything I should change please do let me know. As for animals not having souls I can kind of see why it'd be difficult to integrate them into a story like this but I feel like there's a way to do it. Maybe something like ATLA and spirits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back