• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: Main Thread [[CLOSED]]

Ryrrhus considered the Fernwe, then stood a little ways back and considered the stream.
"You're right. It does look better." He moved to a wide, grassy place by it and knelt, lying his haunches on the soft grass.
He smiled brightly at her enthusiasm as he handed her one of the packs he carried. "Help yourself."
The packs contained a variety of goodies: more apples, pears, oat cakes, fresh carrots, a small wheel of cheese and a large bag of dried apricots.
"My mother always said 'take more food than you need, because you never know when you might have to share.' I think it's an excellent practice."

As they ate Pyrrhus regaled her with stories from his travels, described the cities he had seen and the theaters (he was always more enthusiastic talking about the arts). Time seemed to fly by.

"..and it didn't take Peggren long to get there," Pyrrhus was at the end of one of his funniest tales, barely able to contain his own mirth as he spoke. "She took one look at Brenlo, still all draped in moss, his face covered in mud and said: 'My! That is the ugliest llama I have ever seen!'"
Pyrrhus dissolved into helpless laughter, a tear springing to one eye.

"Say, what brings you to Meletus? If you don't mind the question." He said finally, after reigning in his laughter.

Lekiel Lekiel

The wide array of fruit and other delicious looking munchables brought a sparkle of delight to Fernwe's eyes, as was the invitation to take as much as she liked. The halfling happily sat down by the horseman's side and immediately began digging in, a whole apple gone in the blink of an eye. Fernwe's pointed ears twitched as Pyrrhus spoke up. She smiled and giggled as he painted a beautiful tapestry of his travels and experiences for her to see. Lo and behold, time flew quickly by and she was starting to feel as stuffed as a pot-bellied dwarf. Fernwe was nibbling on a piece of berry studded loaf as the centaur was finishing up his last story. At the end of it, they both burst out laughing, Fernwe beating at the ground as she could not contain her merry laughter (except for an annoyed Finwinne who found herself covered in spit and berry loaf crumbs). When they finally finished their guffawing, Pyrrhus casually posed the halfling a question.

Upon hearing it, Fernwe's eyes grew wide with excitement once again as an idea lit up her face. Instead of a simple reply, the halffairy dusted off the crumbs and scrambled to her feet to stand before the centaur. Even at her full height, she was just about level with his face. She gestured to Finwinne to join her side.

"Storytime Winnie, come on! Prancing to her side, the feline took up her position. Then in a sing-song voice and a grace that could only come through hours of practice, Fernwe began reciting a poem. She articulated the tale with hand gestures and using Finwinne as 'marionette' to act out certain scenes.

A tale was told,
Of a time from old,
T`was the age of mortal folk,
Whence there was none who doth provoked,

And so the kings of the land,
Stretched forth their gilded hands,
Wise and great thus they grew,
Mere mortals bright challenged by few,

Hence shall we now speak,
Of the Order of Aurid far from meak,
Mages they were of fair elven kin,
Balance they sought of their powers within,

Alas, all was not as it would've been,
F'r one o' the Aurid, with defiance in him,
Believed he did, of his powers so vain,
Of embracing darkness, there was much to gain,

"Yond is not our way," the Order disagreed,
Sent the Deffier away, the Order did,
Infuriated, he was not heard of again,
They said he doth dwelt within the Glenn,

Years passed and lo' the one called Azarath,
Returned he to unleash his wrath,
Wielded he did dreadful powers unspeakable,
As one-by-one, the kingdoms crumble,

Unstoppable he was, Azarath the mage,
Till there appeared a champion so brave,
Aeredaius our King, thus was his name,
A Circle he formed, noble champions to face our bane,

Fought nobly with all they had to avail,
Till finally! All that was good prevailed!
Therein on fields of blood against a foe so detest,
Aeredaius our King, smote him straight through his chest!

The Legend of the Circle, hither it ends,
Though men fade and stories end,
These are but reminders, when life seems mundane,
Of the day where mortal light overcame!

Fernwe finished with a dramatic flourish, takng a deep bow. Even Finwinne attempted the same, dipping her front paws and tilting her head down.

"I'm going to visit the Circle in Aeredale!" Fernwe declared, grinning from ear to ear.

"I stopped by in Meletus because a merchant I met along the way said I could find pretty exotic spices or herbs here..." She stuck out her tongue and shrugged, "that... didn't quite go so well. But that's a different story." Fernwe offered the centaur a broad close-lipped smile.

"What about you Master Centaur? Why are you out here?"

Last edited:
As Fernwe took up her stance and began to recite Pyrrhus' eyes grew wide as saucers. An excited grin spread across his face from ear to pointed ear. He sat, enraptured for the whole thing, silent as a lamb, barely willing to breath. When Fernwe and her cat bowed he began to clap heartily.
"Bravo! Bravo! Lady Fernwe, that was masterfully recited!"
He began carefully packing up the remainder of the food. "To Aeredale you say? What a coincidence, I'm headed that way as well, I have two companions who will accompany me to deal with some pesky bandits harrying travelers on the main road to Aredale. Nasty business. It's not safe while they are around...Oho! I have a grand idea: It would bring me great sorrow if anything were to befall you on the way, so travel with us! I will make sure to keep you clear of harm. You have the word of Pyrrhus Elantus."
He rose slowly, stretching out each of his four legs in turn. "You could teach me that poem, and I could teach you a song or two. What fun it will be! So, my dear lady, what say you?"
The centaur turned to gaze down at her, his eyes big and almost pleading. He enjoyed the halfling's company immensely.

Lekiel Lekiel

Roland sighed, not particularly pleased to see the elf that had placed Verity on edge in the bar, but he knew the bandit camp would most likely be harder than the troll job, and muscle was going to be a valued commodity. Speaking of muscle, Roland looked around for their elegant friend.

"Where is Pyrrhus? He should be meeting us here, right?"

The party of three left the gates of Meletus. Roland looked around and asked about our newly-made centaur companion, making Verity pause and survey the surrounding area as well. "Hmm... Maybe he got distracted? I doubt he would have gone too far..."

She walked a little further from the gates, outside the walls of Meletus were trees and several streams that surrounded it on all sides. Just in front of the three of them was a small clearing of trees, the sound of a small creek trickling nearby. She could also hear hearty laughter and two voices talking to one another excitedly. Verity smiled and said. "I think we found him."

Sure enough, as she got closer, the Centaur came into focus, and he wasn't alone. A petite fairy girl was with him.... and some strange smaller creature that resembled a cat. "Sir Pyrrhus?" She called hesitantly, wondering if she was interrupting something.

"Ah! Lady Verity!" Pyrrhus exclaimed, "I'm so glad you're here. This is Fernwe, a new companion I have just this very afternoon met. Lady Fernwe, this is Lady Verity, and Roland Stormblade and...oh..." He trailed off as he recognized who was trailing them.
Pyrrhus sidled up to Roland and leaned down to ask softly: "Is the suspicious-looking elf woman coming with us too?"

Purize Purize BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Lekiel Lekiel Zazz Zazz

Roland was glad to see the horse, for some reason his high spirits seemed to leak out into the group, and he brought a small smile to Rolands face. Roland looked back after Pyrrhus queried about the halfling. Roland had recognized her from the bar, but said nothing about it. He didn't like her, the way she sat away from the rest, not smiling or interacting with anyone else. Roland resolved to have a very frank chat with Verity later, in private: but until then-

"That is Verity's newest friend." Roland said with blatant distaste. "Verity thinks we will need some more muscle."
Roland turned to the young fairy and shot her a dashing white smile, genuinely pleased to meet one of her kind.

"Ms Fernwe, it is truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I must say I have never seen a fairy before, but you make a wonderful first impression. And who is your friend?" Roland knelt down to smile at the cat creature by her legs.

The half-elf held a snort at Pyrrhus's description of her. It was accurate enough, she'd give him that. "So discrete," she muttered under her breath with an eyeroll towards the ground. Azaria looked on at the creature accompanying what seemed to be another halfling, twirling her knife with ease.

She didn't bother even glancing over at Roland when he explained her presence, and instead retorted, "At least one of you has some common sense." Though, she knew she wasn't really all that much muscle, compared to, say, the centaur. She just wasn't an idiot. It also helped that she knew the way around the bandit camp, as she had in fact just traveled from Aeredale the other day.

Having been out from Selenia for a fair amount of time, Fernwe was quite confident in Finwinne'sher own ability to keep herself safe. Nevertheless, she was quite happy with Pyrrhus' offer to accompany her. Growing up with an eccentric Spriggan, she had naturally developed a profound interest for songs, tales and other forms of literature; the prospect of more brought an excited gleam into her eyes.

"Aye! That would be nice." Fernwe enthusiastically replied.

It was at that moment that the three other individuals, that Pyrrhus had spoken of, chose to pop into the scene. Fernwe watching the little exchanges between them, her eyes big and bright as polished saucers. They looked... like real adventurers! How EXCITING

She grinned and bounced on her toes when the human greeted her. "Yes, this furball here is Finwinne. She's a tikitooth!" The halfing announced proudly, as if the mention of the cat's species should provoke a response.

"I must say, I am sorry to disappoint but you still have yet to see a fairy. Of fairfolk I am not, neither am I of your kind. Stuck in between, with none to call my kin! They call me a halfer, though how would they know if I really was made of halves?" Fernwe finished, an ever present smile on her face.

"Ser Tallman, what might be your given name?" She quizzed, having not quite caught Pyrrhus' full introduction of the three newcomers..

BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Last edited:
Pyrrhus followed Roland's gaze back to Azaira, but when he heard 'friend' his disposition changed.
"Ah! A new ally. Well met then, friend." He moved to clap Azaira happily on the back, not having heard her muttering...or taking it at face value.
He was absolutely delighted when Fernwe accepted, and trotted in place for a moment to show his excitement.
"What a merry band we've become! The villains won't stand a chance."

He considered the cat properly for the first time. "What is a...tikitooth?"

Pyrrhus considered Fernwe's admission of her mixed heritage with a serious sympathy.
"They wouldn't know at all!" He exclaimed, a little offended on her behalf. "After all, there is no way to tell it, to me you look to be made entirely of a whole. So, these that call you halves are obviously thick."

Pyrrhus introduced himself again, happy to do so. "Why, I am Pyrrhus Elantus, son of Alyan Elantus, chief of the Stone River clan on the Eastern edge of the Kali-Sharri desert. Some of my eomplyers have called me 'Hey You', but I prefer Pyrrhus, it being the name I was first given."

Lekiel Lekiel BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Zazz Zazz Purize Purize

Last edited:
Verity smiled, ignoring Roland's sarcastic comment. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Fernwe." She had met many Fair Folk people even before she'd left Shylanora. The Elves had coexisted with their kind for centuries in the Carpathian Forest and they always seemed to simply accept one another's existence.

As the group of three suddenly became a group of five, Verity found herself suddenly falling quiet. They talked excitedly amoung themselves... and while she couldn't help smile at the interactions between Pyrrhus and the newly met Fernwe, a sudden shyness had come over her. This was too many people put together, too many people close enough to be capable of finding out who she was, in fact one of them already had.

She wanted to be polite and join in the conversation, but she really rather run away at this point. (Even though they all seemed nice enough.... other than the sinister elf that now followed her like a shadow)

Last edited:
The suspicious looking half-elf seethed at having been clapped on the back, and she glared piercingly at the centaur. He was far too happy. Her hand balled into a fist around the dull, rounded edge of the blade as rage rose in her chest.

But when she saw the princess grow more and more reserved, she made an effort to quell her anger. Azaria slipped the elf another pair of cranberries in the hopes that it would cheer her up, if only for a moment.

Roland laughed as Pyrrhus introduced himself again, when she had clearly been looking at Roland. The centaur made him forget what had troubled him and he smiled fully.
“Pyrrhus, you silly horse, she was speaking to me. I am Roland. I am... was.... a sailor.” Roland blinked twice, cursing the idea that he could find no better white lie for pirate. Instead he pushed forward and reintroduced Verity.

“This is Verity. She’s an adventurer. We both are now. And I guess you will be too once we get to the bandit camp.” Roland smiled and looked off towards there destination. There were trees to pass through and rivers to cross, as well as gold to be had.
“Everyone ready?”

Last edited by a moderator:
"Master Stormblade, I am no more a horse than you are half a centaur." He said this with good humour, as if he were explaining something complex to a young child. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder sympathetically, convinced his friend had made a genuine mistake.
"More than ready." Pyrrhus replied cheerfully as they prepared to leave. He took the head of the party and began trotting energetically down the road.
The fact that a plan might be needed before they dove into a battle hadn't really occurred to him at all.
"Try to keep up! Or I'll have all the head-knocking to myself!"

Purize Purize BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Lekiel Lekiel Zazz Zazz

((I'll let you change the scene BugDozer73 BugDozer73 ))

Verity almost jumped when Azaria passed her a couple more cranberries. She gave her a grateful smile and popped them in her mouth. The familiar taste gave her a sense of comfort and she pulled herself together, taking a few deep breathes. She made a mental note to find out what Azaria liked so she could repay the favor one day.

She chuckled at Pyrrhus’s enthusiasm and nodded. “Let’s be on our way then, shall we?” She remembered the directions from the flyer that Roland found and pointed through the trees to the South. “The camp is supposed to be located that way... about 15 miles south of Meletus along the main road to Aeredale.” She turned back to the group. “If we leave now, we can get there by nightfall.”

oO*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Oo​

The group trekked for hours along the main road to Aeredale until they could just barely see walls and the distant flicker of firelight. Verity kept quiet for most of the trip, lost in her own thoughts. She’d fought bandits before when they congregated in smaller groups. Generally, they weren’t that tough, not much more than common criminals and street thugs. Their camps were made of makeshift leather tents with the occasional cart of stolen goods.... never had she seen them make a fortress like this.

“That 300 gold reward is starting to make more sense,” Verity spoke softly. Hopefully, they were far enough away to not be noticed, but she kept her voice low just in case.

Sometime along the way, the suspicious looking half-elf wandered off from the group to walk just beyond the treeline. She could see the group, and now and then they could see her in the shadows of the trees. She felt much more secure, away from the loud, conspicuous group. She hated being out in the open; they were such an easy target, waltzing along on the road. Azaria shook her head to herself. What would she do once they reached Aeredale? If Verity was to join the Circle... They were not the halfling's biggest fan.

The halfling quickened her pace, getting ahead of the group, and climbed up one of the taller trees. She reached the top just as the sun began to set. She could see the group a ways behind. To the west, over the water, the sunlight changed the colour of the sky, reflecting on the sea. Slowly, the sun lowered, the sky darkening, until finally it was a mere sliver of orangey red.

Azaria climbed down and rejoined the group.

This old man was really stubborn.

Charlotte tried everything: Negotiating, obstructing the caravan, calling him childish nicknames, stealing his hat - the bugger just said 'we're turning around' and that was final. Night travels are dangerous, but their supplies would last one trip and one trip only. He was ashamed it didn't click sooner, the moment that crazy girl suggested they stakeout, he knew he was in beyond his pay grade. In the corner of his eye, Charlotte stood gripping the bared rung of the wagon's undercarriage, the cold night air rushing through her locks. The old man wasn't the only one who was stubborn.

"Give it a rest, lass," he said, tightening the reins with one hand and pinching his smoking pipe with the other. The woman dodged the passing trail of smoke but otherwise held her place. "You said one hour."

"Okay, I know what I said but-"

"It's been three hours," the driver snapped. He wedged his pipe between his teeth and used his free hand to dig into his pouch of coins, shoving a couple in her face. "You see this? This is money. As in, I get paid to transport cargo to Aeredale." He thumbed the coins back into his palm and said, "Not whatever the hell it is you're trying to drag me into."

"Listen, we're both on a tight schedule," Charlotte reminded him, hanging on to the last, wispy thread of her case. "I've been away for eight days, I've got urgent business in the capital and I can't spend another night idling around town. You want to talk pay grade? I'll get you a real job, something that pays five- no, ten times whatever chicken feed they're giving you in Meletus-"

"Hold that thought," the man cut in, tugging at the reins. As the wagon slowed to a halt, Charlotte turned her attention forward as something in the distance came into focus. "Who's that?" He squinted, leaning forward to make out the cluster in the darkness. Behind him, the wooden floorboards creaked and jostled - suddenly, the woman was outside, untethering one of the horses from the wagon.

"Oi! The hell do you think you're doing?" he spat, attempting to swat her away to no avail. Ignoring his protests, she pulled the horse toward her and backpedaled onto a rock to serve as her mounting block. Climbing on was easy enough, though her free-dangling legs missed the support of proper stirrups.

"Stay there!" she called, dismissing him with a curt hand gesture before galloping away from the confused driver. He slumped back into his seat with a defeated groan, scratching his head as he watched her disappear from sight.

"Do whatever ya like. . ."

- - -

Charlotte didn't actually need the horse, admittedly. She did, however, have plans for the wagon and she couldn't have him making off without her. Besides, trotting up on a horse is much less suspect than someone slowly walking toward you in the dead of night.

She waved to them as a gesture of peace as she approached the motley crew of adventurers - adventurers who were clearly interested in the 300 gold bounty. With any luck, they'd have room for one more. If not. . . well, she was no stranger to missed opportunities.

She pulled in the reigns and halted her mount, flashing a toothy grin as she sat a good meter or so above them. Her silhouette was basked in the moonlight, gleaming gently around the curves of her plate armor. With excitement and determination on her face, she fired off a proper military salute.

"Out banding hunting?"

Sharp green eyes glinted in the moonlight as the rider apprached. By the time they'd all stopped together, Azaria had an arrow notched and pointed directly at the newcomer. She was a few feet back and off to the side, with a perfect shot to the woman's eye if she tried anything.

Roland followed the group mostly in silence, enjoying the scenery. He spent some of the time stealing glances at Verity, walking in front of him. The elf had lied to him, straight to his face. He had thought they had had an understanding that for this to work there would need to be a trust between them. Roland pushed the thought aside for now, resolving not to air there dirty laundry in the midst of their new friends: After they had finished the bandit camp, then they could talk. In private.

Other than his irritation with his friend, he found some genuine comfort residing in the company of the others, not counting the halfling. Despite Azaria's moody state of being, Roland wore a smile stitched in the positivity of the fair folk kind. He had heard stories of their charm and laid back attitudes, much to the irony of their pointy eared companions. Roland could see himself traveling with them in the future, perhaps continually. He made a habit of existing in good company.

When they arrived, Roland cleared his mind and focused on the mission. The volume of the bounty became very clear at the fortress before them. No wonder the sum of gold had not been claimed. Despite his misgivings with the emotional halfling girl, he felt a regretful sense of relief at another sword among them. Thank god there was no magic for mind reading.... right?
Roland looked over the fortress at the roving patrols and the torch lite balconies, and struggled to see a solid route of entry or advance.

"How are we going to do this? We are not going to get very far without a plan." He said, basking in an uncharticteristic bout of sensibility. Though a seasoned warrior and practiced blades-man, fabled over the sea, his age left him rash in many situations. Many of his down falls over the past were easily pinpointed to a simple lack of patience and planning.

Before receiving his answer, a woman with hair nearly as bright as the torches strode forward a top a horse, who seemed to be be sniffing rather intently at Pyrrhus. It was if it were trying to solve the puzzle of what happened to the other half of that horse. A quick question fell out of the pretty woman mouth before the queen of overreactions had an arrow notched and pointed at her.
Roland immediately drew his swords and leapt in between them, raising a blade menacingly at the woman.

"Do you always meet strangers with an arrow, or are you just daft? Put the bow down, or you will compromise the entire operation." Roland's eyes held steady, ready for a fight. His muscles tensed, and his body loaded like a spring, ready to lash out with blinding speed. A single bead of sweat formed on Roland's hairline: A fight now would effectively execute their chances of a successful surprise attack, not to mention leave 1-2 members of their team either disabled or dead.

Last edited:
The half-elf nearly shot at him in fury. Ignoring his blades that he probably thought made him look sooo scary, Azaria stepped forward, trading the bow for a dagger, and got up in the sailor's face. "Don't you ever," she snarled angrily, holding the blade to the back of his ear, "stand in the line of my arrow ever again, you stinking pile of sea dust." She could smell the saltwater on him and it only added to her fury.

In the dimming light, a girl came towards us on a horse. Her scarlet hair blazed like fire as dying rays of the setting sun caught the loose strands, creating an almost halo-like shine. Azaria saw the girl approach and readied the string of her bow. The new traveler asked a question as she approached, but Verity was distracted by Azaria and turned in alarm as Roland was over in a flash, pointing his blade towards the half-elf. The growled at each other like a pair of snarling dogs trapped together in an arena. Without thinking, she stood between the two of them, holding her arms out to separate them both.

"Both of you stop it! What do you think you'll accomplish by attacking each other? Put your weapons away until we approach the camp." When she was sure enough that they weren't about to kill one another, she slowly lowered her arms, giving them both a stern look. So much for first impressions. She turned to the crimson-haired girl, still watching from her horse. "I apologize for my companions. We're all a bit on edge. Indeed, we're here to take down the bandit camp." She gestured toward the structure that loomed up ahead. "My name is Verity, who might you be?"

Last edited:
As shadows crept over the horizon, the rider found herself under the spotlight of five distinct gazes - from simple cues, she gathered that some of them were yet to be well acquainted. The horse let out a soft whine, perhaps sensing the atmosphere was now thick with tension. Charlotte softly ran her fingers through its mane hoping to calm it down, surveying the faces before her.

Their numbers were small, but the brief display of skill she witnessed was nothing short of impressive - the rugged young man who rushed to her defense - his breathtaking reflexes, the natural instinct to keep the peace - she reminisced fondly of her old mentor Adrian, who was much the same way.

The ranger's keen awareness and her sound judgment to react immediately to potential threats, no doubt she would prove to be a valuable asset to their team. The only thing they were missing was cohesion - perhaps it would be unwise for them to launch an attack in such a haphazard state.

These thoughts weighed carefully in the back of her mind, but the only thing that came out of her mouth was a stupid wisecrack followed by an awkward laugh.

"Well, they're not the worst manners I've seen!" she finally said, giggling with her hand over her mouth. "It's alright, no harm no foul. Right?" There was a small pause for response, maybe another awkward laugh in consolation.

Anyway.

Straightening out her back, she cleared her throat with purpose and addressed the group collectively.

"Right. If it's any reassurance. . ." The woman held the back of her hand to those gathered before her - a beautiful gold signet ring with a half-ruby and half-sapphire crest, fitted perfectly to her finger. "I am Charlotte, of the family Capela. I hope you'll take my word for it when I tell you we don't throw in our lot with petty highway robbery."

Charlotte patted the sheathed sword at her side with a nod.

"And I hope you will take my word for it when I tell you that I want to help," she said quietly, swallowing in anticipation.

Pyrrhus had been happy to provide entertainment on the trek. He seemed always to have a story: That farmhouse looked just like the one where he...or that shady copse reminded him of the time...
It didn't seem long to Pyrrhus at all before the sun tucked itself neatly on the horizon and the world grew dim and dusky.
A set of hooves sounded in the distance of the unfolding darkness.
"Horse." Pyrrhus told them, the sound of a horse's steps being to him very discernible from his own kind.
"Banding together for a good deal of bandit hunting." He answered her jovially, "Well met if you be not a bandit, else, have at you!"
It wasn't long at all before Azaria had knocked an arrow and Roland had drawn his swords to counter. Both were admonished by Verity and Pyrrhus looked on carefully.
"Hmm, it does certainly seem that some are more edgy than others." He bent lower to see the half-elf's furious expression.
"Dear me, I think the halfling is angry!" The revelation seemed to Pyrrhus a novel one, strangely, he was smiling.
"I don't think she is a bandit." He assessed sagely when conversation turned back to the new face. She had shown the ring, and given her name. The horse was sniffing at him more intently now and he slowly guided it's muzzle away from him with a finger pressed on it's snout.
"She must then be a bandit hunter like us. In that case, the more the merrier I say. From the looks of that camp, 300 split one more way is not such an unappealing prospect. I think at least a score of foes, likely all armed well."

BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Purize Purize Lekiel Lekiel Zazz Zazz Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

Last edited:
Ali watched as the Oracle approached him. An almost mystical aura could be felt around her. A mix of emotions swirling within him. This could be the end. This could be the moment that his curse was finally lifted. This could be the start of a new life for the desperate magi. Tieve reached out her hand and slowly her slender fingers wrapped around the cursed Amulet. Almost immediately Ali felt immense regret as a demonic aura seeped out of the amulet. Zod's chaotic laughter began to fill Ali's head.

"Oh, foolish Ali. Trust me when I tell you this. This is not the end, the curse will not be lifted, and the fresh start you desperately seek will never be a reality."

Terror penetrated the magi's very soul, as he watched the Oracle's body go rigid. She seemed almost petrified with fear, Ali could imagine what she was going through.

"RELEASE HER!" Ali commanded.

"Oh," the demon cooed, "Well if you insist Ali the Magi."

Zod released the Oracle and disappeared back into the amulet as quickly as he had appeared. Like a snowflake Tieve's body slowly fell to the ground. Ali stood above her limp body. The shock of the situation had left his own body frozen.

"Master Ali. I think you just killed the Oracle. Should we flee? It seems like there are several persons approaching us," Bajir informed the magi.

Bajir's words snapped Ali out of his stupor and he realized that he had company. The pair of priest approached Ali and Tieve. While one of the priests scooped the fallen Oracle off the ground the other began to interrogate Ali.

"Master, shall I remove you from this particularly precarious situation?" Bajir suggested.

"No," Ali replied immediately and now turned to the Priest who was had demanded Ali's identity, "My name is Ali Ababwa Zahara, and I didn't mean anyone harm! Please allow me to stay and help recover the Oracle."

Purize Purize

Last edited:
Roland stared back at her, unflinching. He just met his eyes with hers with a resolve like steel, daring her to try anything at all. Roland should have felt his blood boil, but instead he was deathly calm: his entire body like a still sea, petrified in fear of the coming of the gale. Like the bar from earlier, Roland could feel the ocean flood him and begin to churn, crashing against the jetty that was his mind. It took every ounce of his control to keep the ocean from claming meletus and all its surrounding land a second time. His face showed no inch of his inner turmoil, instead focusing on Verity who jumped in and pushed them apart.

"Both of you stop it! What do you think you'll accomplish by attacking each other? Put your weapons away until we approach the camp." she ordered angrily, holding them at arms length. Roland didn't take his eyes off the halfling but he could hear her demands and he lowered his weapon slightly. There was something more about her that made his skin crawl: her aloof attitude, and the way she glared at everyone she passed...

And the way that Verity and her seem to be close so soon already... perhaps it is a closeness that you feel you deserve? You have earned? And for what, for helping her with one task and then turning your back on the people who raised you?

The thought acknowledging his own jealousy filled him with immediate shame. He had thought that he had been so quick to leap into a fight simply to protect the girl with red hair, but perhaps that was no what had motivated him entirely.

Verity has the right to make her own decisions, and her own companions. I have none to rule over her affairs.

And yet, you sit here and seethe, fantasizing about cutting down a woman you don't even know, simply because she strolls with the silver haired apple of your eye.

I won't kill anyone without reason.

All hail, king Roland, the supreme authority in Nymserine! Bow to his self righteous demeanor and divine lack of humility. May you reign forever in the seat of your own ignorance!

ENOUGH.

Roland's thoughts parted like storm clouds, and his own mental shout now echoed through the emptiness permitting through his mind. He looked around and remembered the bandits at the sight of the faces of his companions. He sheathed his blade and turned to the Red haired woman. He nodded at Pyrrhus with concurrence.

"Truly, more gold in our pockets is favorable, but gold without a hand to spend It is less than ideal. Care to lend a hand in our advance on this troop?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back