• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: Main Thread [[CLOSED]]

Purize

Princess of Pudding
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Realms of Nymserine

History & Lore
Characters
OOC

upload_2017-12-30_3-11-34.png

• Nymserine is a realm of magic and balance. It's a country ruled by Humans, Elves and Dwarves, overseen by the Nine Gods. They are bound to a strict categorization of ethics and morals created by the God of Balance himself. Where there are renaissance times of happiness and peace, there are also dark periods that seize the lands, spreading terror and despair. Nymserine has a long history of epic eras that tell of the ups and downs of time, but one of the most monumental moments in history was the Hallowed Exodus war. A corrupt and nefarious wizard named Azarath amassed an army of demons, ghouls, ogres and many other wicked creatures of the night and plagued the lands of Nymserine with a terrible blight that ravaged everything in its path. On his own, Azarath was a great wizard, well studied in the ways of dark magic, but his crusades were aided by the use of three Artifacts of Death, created by the Gods Eerebus, Progenitis and Ontario.

These artifacts gave Azarath the abilities to summon demons, control and capture souls against their will, and to boost his own strength and speed. In the end, Azarath was defeated by Aeredaius, the leader of the Circle and the Artifacts of Death were hidden and sealed away in different locations across Nymserine to keep them from falling into the wrong hands ever again.

Now, several centuries later, the Artifacts have gone missing again and the Circle is looking for new recruits to help find them and discover how they were taken. Some whisper about Azarath coming back from the dead to take his revenge, but maybe there’s something even bigger at hand. Nymserine may face a new deadly foe that threatens to throw the land into a new dark age...

Last edited:
The ship docked in the dimming sounds of the tail end of the old sea shanty "Randy Dandy Oh" Ropes were drawn, sails trimmed, and anchor relinquished back to the welcoming flesh of the cool sea beneath us. I hung from the mast, clinging lightly to the rigging while looking over the small port town of Dundee. 

The gulls soared past calling with endearing cries as they closed in on land. My hair, now long from my months at sea, blew gently on the salt air around my shoulders.  The first mate, Crooney, called up from the deck below filled with sailors scurrying around preparing to dock. "Ahoy up there, lad. I know ye be itchen to slip away into the crowd, but whats say you help us trim some sail?" I rolled my eyes, stowing my desire to strike out into the rural expanses of the harbor crowds, and latched onto a second rope, and kicked off the wooden beam, tumbling to the deck with the rope coming with me. The sails reeled up in the blink of an eye, so fast in fact that they crashed into the beam and splintered it, sending it crashing down onto the deck behind me, narrowly missing several sailors, who looked at me with looks of irritation. Crooney slapped a hand over his face and rubbed his eyes, sighing heavily. I felt my face redden.

"Im sorry..." 

"JUST GO!" He shouted, similarly irritated. I offered a guilty smile to the men before darting across the deck and leaping from the port side, grabbing a loose rigging and swinging across the water gap before rolling onto the stoney streets of Dundee. I quickly disappeared into the bustling market place, looking for the nearest tavern.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gentle and salt breeze of the small port city ruffled my cloak and loosened my hood. I pulled the hood back down and readjusted it, but took a deep breath, savoring the smell of the ocean brine. I tucked a strand of silver hair behind my pointed ears that always tried to hide and walked along the rough cobble street. The guild in this city was smaller, but at least they had one. It was about the size of a tavern, and looked like one too. I walked through the front door and barely got a glance from the other travelers and adventures that filled the hall. 

Good, I thought. The less attention was always for the better. 

I walked right up to the tell-tale billboard that was covered in flyers and pieces of parchment. I scanned the headlines and payed most of the attention to the reward money. I didn't need much, but I was running a little low. I didn't like staying in dirty cheap inns, so I did enough jobs to get at least decent room and board. 

One job was offering five gold and two silver pieces. My eyebrows rose interest as I read over the headline again, "Live Troll Wanted for Study." I crinkled my nose, not being too fond of trolls, but I tore the parchment off the wall and folded it neatly before storing it in my one of many cargo pockets.

I turned on my heel and walked out of the guild. It was about midday and I had no intention to go troll hunting until later, so I decided to explore the town. I had just arrived here after weeks of walking through wilderness and figured I could do with some leisure time. Along the cobble street ahead was a sign with many arrows, a directory of places and their general direction. The signs read off the same of various locations like "Apothecary," "Shopping district," "Docks," "Ripley's Tavern" and several little Inns. I smirked at the tavern sign and noted again that it was about midday... and then shrugged. 

If I wanted some leisure time, why not go to a tavern? 

I found myself past the wooden entrance of a "Ripley's Tavern" and noted the small room lit with candles to make up for the dirty, foggy single pane windows. I crossed to the bartender and dropped 3 copper pieces on the wooden counter top and picked up my cup of spiced rum, before turning to sit by the fire and listen to some of the other sailors tell their tales. An old man rambled on about how, in his youth, he beat a kraken in an arm wrestling contest, and while he spoke I found my eyes drift off to notice some hooligans in the corner of the room, large burley animals that made the gorgeous redheaded waitress uncomfortable with cat calls and smacks to her rear end while she passed. She would hiss at them but they only laughed. Some men had yet to evolve.

I took another swig from my tarnished mug and tried to relax.

The tavern turned out to be even less impressive than the town guild. I was impressed since sailors tended to love their liquor. This being a port city, you'd think the tavern would be the most decorated building. Maybe they're too drunk to care, I thought to myself.

I walked through the doors and took a seat at a small table in the back. Once seated, I carefully lowered the hood of my cloak and shrugged out of the material, letting it drape over the back of my chair. I double checked that my ears where hidden by my hair and watched as a waitress approached to take my order. "I'll have a glass of red wine." Internally, I hoped to the gods that they had wine, real wine... not some imp-piss crap. Smaller taverns like this were known to be a bit shady with their liquor. 

The waitress smiled knowingly and nodded "Don't worry darling, we've got the good stuff." And with that, she walked away to collect my drink. I sighed and leaned against the back of my chair and began to survey the room. What a pitiful bunch was gathered here... a bunch of drunken men who'd probably been here since the damn shop opened. 

The waitress gave me my drink and I tasted it tentatively. Sure enough, it wasn't that bad, as she had assured... but nothing beat the taste of hand-crafted Elven wine. 

My eyes lazed over to the door as it opened to produce a tiny hooded figure, who crossed to the counter and ordered a drink. I let my mind fall back to the old mans tales, which had him now satisfying an entire village of immortal sex depraved goddesses in only a single night. I rolled my eyes and looked back over at the monkey cage and noticed them leering in the direction of the new tavern guest. I followed their gaze back to the hooded person, only to find a stunning woman with silver hair and a glass of red wine that she seemed to find satisfying. I almost choked on my rum, and sputtered a bit. 

I noticed one of the large brainless apes rise and begin to approach the goddess. I felt my muscles tense.

The man stood over the girl with a rotten toothy smile. "Hey there, tiny. Have you ever felt the touch of a real man?" He leaned in, letting his foul breath roll over her.

I heard the man as he sauntered over, practically tripping over himself. His drawl was accompanied by a dangerous slur and the rancid smell of too many drinks. I didn't even look up at him until I had finished a sip and set my glass delicately down on the table. I leveled an easy gaze upon him and said, "A real man wouldn't have asked that of a lady like me." I kept my voice steady and calm, but it held a hint of venom. A tight and bitter smile tugged at the edge of my lips.

"Are you insulting me?" He said irritated, as well as a bit confused in his drunken state. He reached out to grab her, but stopped when I grabbed his wrist. 

I looked at him, then at her, and winked. 

"I don't think she's interested pal.." I said as I raised my glass to my lips and finished the last sip of rum in my glass.

He looked down at my grip, then back at me, and swung his right arm at my face. I ducked casually and stood back up, slamming the empty glass over his head, shattering it and sending him unconsciously to the floor. 

I turned to the gorgeous woman and smiled a white smile. "I apologize if you were offended by this man. I assure you he doesn't speak for our gender..."

My attempt at chivalry was cut short by the squeaking of chairs behind me, where I found the other four cave men rising to their feet in anger.

Well this is just great. four on one.

I rose from my seat at the outburst of violence and raised an eyebrow at the man who'd just intervened. I nodded to him and was about to reply when I heard the movement of the other henchman. I sighed and tugged on the fingerless gloves that covered my hands and arms.

"Well now look what you did." I said, but I was smiling at the face of the challenge.

When the first hulking man stumbled forward and struck out a meaty fist, I thrust out my palm and a burst of mana sent him careening back into a table. I summoned the ball of energy back and let it swirl excitedly around me.

"Hope you've got some hard punches, pretty boy."

I watched in shock as the first man went flying backwards, crashing into their table. 

I looked at her with surprise, only to smile when she called me pretty boy. "Pretty boy? Your on, duchess." I said sarcastically, turning to face one of the other three remaining men. I dodged his first blow and slapped him across the face, angering him more. He barreled forward, and I stepped aside letting him crash into the counter top. I was so busy laughing at him trying to get up and didn't see ugly number three behind me. He smashed a stool over my head, sending me sprawling to the floor. 

Fuck, that hurt. I rolled to the left as he brought the splinters left in his hand down, and swept his feet out from beneath him. I rose and drove my fist into his face, breaking his nose. I looked back to see how the girl was doing. 

The last two goons were closing in on me after I'd taken out the first one. The one on the left lunged first and I narrowly missed a nasty blow to the temple. The other one came in and suddenly I was fending off two over-grown barbarians with sloppy hits and sluggish reactions. I ducked under one of them and kicked in the back of his knee, making him stumble to a kneeling position on the ground. While he was down I turned to the other, but he was already there, throwing a fist to my face. I didn't move away fast enough and got clipped on the cheek. 

I ground my teeth in anger as I felt the heat of the pain rise in my face, but I knew how to roll with the punches. It would take more than one lick to the face to take me down. I pressed my palms together, my fingers splaying in opposite directions. Then slowly, I turned my palms until my hands perfectly aligned with one another. a glow of blue light  began to swirl around my hands, and with a burst of momentum, I pushed my palms out towards the fool and sent him spinning backward into another poor pedestrian of the bar. The man who'd been shoved by my poor judge of aim looked down at the drunken mess that staggered from the floor. Almost as soon as he'd gotten to his feet, they began to fight each other. 

I winced, knowing that this would soon turn into a full on bar-fight, but then my attention was refocused by my hair being yanked back  sharply. The man pulled me into him and I could smell his rank breath rolling off of him in waves.

"Feisty one aren't ya lass? I tend to like 'em that-a way..." 

The innuendo made my skin crawl all over, and in response to his comment I elbowed him hard enough in the ribs to make him let go of my hair. I spun to face him and landed a hard kick into side making him strike the side of another table. To make sure he didn't get up again, I picked up a nearby tankard and smashed it against the side of his head. He wasn't dead, but he'd sure take a nice long nap.

I watched as the woman was grabbed by her hair and dragged back, but before I could even move, she had smashed him head first into a table. 

"You've got some moves, princess." I said with a smirk, brushing some of the dust off my leather harness. Cutting me short was a glass that was flung into a wall by my head, shattering. I looked back to see the other bar-goers entering into their own brawls, and the musicians previously on break in the back began playing a fight song with eagerness. I turned and with a gentle firmness, took hold of the woman's hand. "Lets get out of here" I said, and turned, running through the violent crowd, dragging her behind me. In moments we were back out into the publics eye, and I stopped suddenly before running into a woman carrying her groceries.

"Sorry about that" I said, grinning with a bit of embarrassment. "Say, what was that magic you did with your hands?" I said in wonder.

I tugged my cloak back on, only having a split second to grab it before being dragged through the fighting crowd to the open street. 

"Don't call me princess" I mumbled in discomfort. Out of habit, I checked that my ears were covered and pulled on my hood for good measure.

I looked at the man like I'd just noticed him for the first time. He was handsome and has a sea-born look about him. His hair looked tousled by the wind and damp from the ocean-spray. His skin was tan and showed the toning of prominent muscles, but what caught me off guard was his eyes. They were a brilliant sea-foam green color.

I gave him a skeptic once-over and tried to relax a little. He was just a pirate. It wasn't hard to tell from his clothes and accent.

"It's just a trick I've developed over the years." I said matter-o-factly. 

My confident demeanor took 2 steps back at the change in her tone. I had never meant to offend her, and I felt bad. Obviously I had hit a bad point. I tried not to seem a little upset, but i was sure I didn't hide it as well as I would have hoped. "Well, then what should I call you?" I offered, trying to push past my own emotional response. I looked at her silver hair, shinning with a purity, but now was hidden away under her hood. She was slender, maybe 5'4, but still very mature. She spoke with the slightest hint of an accent I couldn't place. 

I stifled a smirk at his response. Now who's flirting, eh? But nevertheless, I shrugged.

"You can call me Verity, or 'Vi' for short." I continued to stare at him from under my hood. 

"You fought pretty well yourself back there," a small, mischievous smile crept across my lips, "...for a pirate." I feigned sudden interest in my nails and peeked a glance for his reaction.

At the mention of the P word I couldn't help but laugh. "Wait a minute.." I said between giggles. "What makes you think I'm a pirate? I might just be a sailor" I said, smiling at her with an playfully accusing stare. "And even if I was a pirate, are you trying to say that they are bad fighters?" I spoke with mock surprise and lifted my hand to my chest like she had wounded me. "I'll have you know I could have taken them all on by myself, not that I didn't mind the assistance." I returned to a warm smile and tried to avoid staring at her pretty face, framed by her hood."The real surprise is you... Where did you pick up moves like that?"

I leaned back against a wall and tried to look smooth as I continued to look her over, to see if I could discover anything about her that would give me some clues.

I raised an eyebrow, mirroring the playful and investigative air of the conversation. "No normal sailor carries around a pair of cutlasses about with him, my good sir." A knowing smile played on my lips. "However, I meant no doubt towards your combat skills."

At the mention of my own combat skills though, I cast my eyes away. "As for me, I've just picked up thing or two in my travels. Nothing exciting."

I raised my eyebrow sarcastically. "Nothing exciting huh? Yeah, tell that to my heart rate while I watched you send a man 10 times your size flying away without so much as touching him." I smirked, then stepped away from the wall and looked up at the sky. The sun was beginning to set. Strange. I no doubt had work to do on the ship, but Verity was making me smile. I wasn't quite finished spending time with her. "So what are you doing in town, Ms.Verity?"

Last edited:
At his praise, I couldn't help but blush and dip my head. Not even Sylas applauded my skills that way...

"I'm just passing through." I said, regaining my myself and looking at the man once more. "I'm a traveler. I go from city to city to do guild jobs and explore the countryside." I smiled warmly, proud to be a wanderer, never tied down to one place. Looking at the pirate, I assumed he could relate. 

"Say, I didn't catch your name... Shall I call you the polite pirate? Or perhaps you prefer pretty boy?" I snickered, enjoying the rare opportunity for conversation, even if I was bound to scare the man off any second. People were not my strong suit...

I smiled at her flirting, feeling my cheeks tinge red ever so subtly. Instead of giving into my feelings, I stepped forward and put my face close to hers. "My names roland, but by all means, pretty boy is fitting as well." I chuckled and pulled back a little. "You explore the country side? Ive spent my whole life on the coast. Ive come to know every island off the sands of Nymsiran's shores." I thought back to the thick foliage of the tropical beaches, and the calls of the exotic animals. 

"you like exploring right?" I said, suddenly smiling, looking off towards the shore. "Have you ever seen a real ship?" I turned to her with a full grin, my eyes sparkling in excitement.

My heart fluttered nervously at his sudden closeness, but I rolled my eyes. Secretly, I was fascinated by the prospect of traveling by sea. It was something that I'd never gotten the chance to do. I've been to my fair share of port cities, and always wondered what lay beyond the glittering veil of water... but I figured I had enough to explore on land already. The ocean was not my home, but that didn't mean it didn't intrigue me.

"A real ship? As in your pirate ship? What a sight that must be." I grinned from ear to ear. "I'd love to see, but I warn you now, I'm not worth much in ransom."

I was joking, of course, on more levels than one. 

I offered her a wink. "Oh don't you worry, I wouldn't trade you away for a mountain of gold." I gently slipped my hand into hers to guide her to the ship.

As we walked, I scratched behind my ear and said "By the way, its not really MY ship... Its capt'nd by a man named Greuwn. Ive worked for him all my life, though." As I finished my sentence, We turned a corner and I gestured to the medium sized schooner that I called home. I let go of her hand and waved for her to follow. I skipped the boarding plank and leapt onto the side of the ship, and nimbly scaled the wooden hull, before pulling myself onto the deck and waiting for her to join me.

I looked on at the ship in fascination. It wasn't as though I hadn't seen one before, but the fact I was about to board one for the first time.

I watched as he jumped and climbed into the ship with ease. Briefly gauging the height and distance of the hull from my position on the boardwalk, I held my arms out with my palms facing upward. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes before bending my knees and jumping into the air. As I lept, blue mana  swirled around me, making spin in midair until I dropped on the deck of the ship next to Roland. I shot him a quick smirk before looking around with wide eyes.

After her flashy mid air piroette, I returned her smirk. I was starting to really like this girl. I started walking around the ship, pointing out different features, pointing to crew members, rattling off names, but it wasn't long before Crooney appeared. "Roland, you lousy sack a' bones..." He stopped mid sentence when he saw Verity by my side. "Well, got ye self a girlfriend, have we? And a mighty fine one at that. Don't you know its rude to be leaden a lady ons?" I was a bit shocked by his presumption, and could only stammer a "Wha-?" before he turned to Verity and smiled. "Tell me beautiful, how did you get mixed up with our little scamp of a cabin boy here?" "HEY!" I protested.

I nodded along to all the details that he pointed out and was intrigued by the liveliness of the deck. I watched as one lanky individual walked towards Roland and stopped mid-sentence when he noticed my presence. I was silently thankful for my cloaked appearance. Even though Roland and his crew seemed nice enough, I wasn't a fool. If they knew who I really was it'd be a different story. I would stay long enough to indulge my curiosity of the sea and then be on my way long before they could expect a thing.

I chuckled at the pirate's teasing, though I was internally annoyed by being called 'girlfriend' and 'beautiful' in one go. "Well, your mate here decided to start a bar fight in town." I grinned mischievously and crossed my hands in front of my chest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back