• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Realm of Villainy [Spots available]

Zaxs

Immortal Bait
A thriving kingdom by the name of Dreskill near the edge of the state is growing at an exponential rate. They've just built a massive castle for their king and his family to live in. The castle has many features to help protect the people and the and most importantly king. The people of this kingdom have a fast growing economy, with tons of trade inside and outside the city. There is hardly any crime and everything is looking perfect for the future of their kingdom. The only thing this abundant kingdom needs more of is resources. They need more metals, stone, and other things to help build and craft higher towers, more armor for the king's guards and add onto where they live to attract more people to come and live in their thriving kingdom. The only place that the king knows is full of resources and not to mention, treasure. Is mountain off to the horizon. The mountain is said to be home to strange creatures, demons, and Villains that seem to have built their own kingdom and a massive labyrinth inside the mountain.

They have their own king that rules over the mountain and all its inhabitants. Though he has a few advisors to make sure everything is orderly and right. Not to mention the royal knights that stand by each advisors side to protect them and act as another pair of eyes and arms. There are of course many other roles, such historian, cook, overseer of the royal treasure room, Alchemist, and beast tamer for all the wolves, birds, and other creatures that roam and protect the forest/swamp surrounding the mountain. Lastly, there are the maids and butlers. They aren't ordinary servants, they are equipped with their own skills and abilities and could act as a knight if they so choose. But they tend to take on the more classy role.

What better place for the kingdom of Dreskill to take resources from right? A villainous and dangerous place that they should take over to make it safer and help expand their kingdom even more. Well, this would be a grand idea if you were one of the people inside the kingdom of Dreskill. But no, you will be playing the "villains" of this world.

Your group of friends and the minions you command, some willingly and some not so willingly. Have created this kingdom in the mountains over years of hard work and devotion to your king and advisors. You have captured and tamed the creatures that circle around and guard the forest and swamp. You have scoured the land to collect and hoard the treasures, weapons, and relics you have found all across this state. You have made your homes here, filled rooms with all you could want and need, your friends and minions are happy. So why should you let this neighboring kingdom take anything from you? Luckily it is hard enough trying to get to your castle, with the traps and creatures that inhabit the outside. Not to mention some of the minions that you have hired or that have chosen to live with you, that guard the different entrances to your kingdom. But you and your group must still keep an eye out for "heroes" that have come prepared and ready to try and conquer what is rightfully yours.

Rules:
  • 1. Follow RPNations guidelines and rules.
  • 2. Quality over quantity. Just make sure you give enough for people to go off of and understand that if you take to long to respond people have the right to skip over your post to continue with the story.
  • 4. No metagaming/mind reading or OP characters.
  • 5. Romance is allowed, but no forced romance.
  • 6. Be nice to each other in OOC. If enough people ask, I will set up a discord for all OOC chatter.
  • 7. Let me know if you may leave either for good or if you are going on a hiatus.
  • 8. Lastly, help add to the world, your character will have their own room and business as to why they live inside the castle. Be creative and add anything you like to this world to expand it further.

Last edited:
I'm interested.
What type of magic, monsters, items, etc. are there and what options are there for villains?
Think of it as you are a pretty damn scary boss held up at the end of a dungeon. Wield magic, or perhaps a lot of skills and items to help you against those "chosen heroes" that come to stop the villains. For options I had a few ideas, there will most likely be a system in place. The king or the person that acts as the leader in the kingdom is open. Then there are the slightly lower members that are still just as powerful but act as a voice in decision making. Kind of like guardians to the leader but of course also friends. Then the lower knights to those guardians, and minions are also on options.

I have always liked the idea of themed 'levels' in games. So, one villain is like fire, and another ice, and the other death etc. etc. I would love to make one. I have so many ideas. I would not want to be a king, but more of a high ranking advisor, maybe records keeper type deal. And I like the idea of 'creatures of the deep' - so maybe an evil sorcerer that draws powers from the depths of the ocean, and has eldrich monstrosities under his bidding. Hmmmm.... so many ideas. Anyway, let me know if and when this sets off.

I have always liked the idea of themed 'levels' in games. So, one villain is like fire, and another ice, and the other death etc. etc. I would love to make one. I have so many ideas. I would not want to be a king, but more of a high ranking advisor, maybe records keeper type deal. And I like the idea of 'creatures of the deep' - so maybe an evil sorcerer that draws powers from the depths of the ocean, and has eldrich monstrosities under his bidding. Hmmmm.... so many ideas. Anyway, let me know if and when this sets off.
Yeah, basically each person holds a floor or part of the labyrinth inside of the mountain. And an advisor would be a great idea for a role. Probably play the most level-headed out of the four people who run the dungeon. I will be sure to let you know if this takes off!

Oooh! I have an idea, his domain would be in the vaults beneath the mountain. In an expansive underground lake with a vast cavernous ceiling. And on this lake there is a large ship that is constantly moving around, making it hard to even get to him. And even then, you have to cross the water... which is dark. And you don't know what is within it. Like the lake beneath Moria... but with this creepy pirate ship. And no one knows how he got the ship there because the cave is closed off from the sea. Mist everywhere. And when you fight him he conjures up storms beneath the mountain. And there would be rumours, that if you can fly- you can get past him... because no one expects to meet a thunderstorm above an underground lake. Oooh... I am so pumped for this!
1538466205504.png
Imagine this... but on a creepy subterranean ocean. EPIC BOSS LEVEL BATTLE!

Oooh! I have an idea, his domain would be in the vaults beneath the mountain. In an expansive underground lake with a vast cavernous ceiling. And on this lake there is a large ship that is constantly moving around, making it hard to even get to him. And even then, you have to cross the water... which is dark. And you don't know what is within it. Like the lake beneath Moria... but with this creepy pirate ship. And no one knows how he got the ship there because the cave is closed off from the sea. Mist everywhere. And when you fight him he conjures up storms beneath the mountain. And there would be rumours, that if you can fly- you can get past him... because no one expects to meet a thunderstorm above an underground lake. Oooh... I am so pumped for this!
View attachment 487910
Imagine this... but on a creepy subterranean ocean. EPIC BOSS LEVEL BATTLE!
I was actually thinking of something similar, having an underground lake. But I didn't think too much on the pirate ship, but the water sounds like a cool idea. Like having a couple adventures follow the heroes through each floor and just getting picked off while the hero has to face the real fight. Like first they have to dive down in this black water and find a way up before running out of air, the less experienced adventurers get snatched or drown and the hero is one of the only to actually make it up and see the crazy ghost ship and captain he has to face!

Or maybe it could be like the second phase and the captain turns into like a Kraken of sorts after breaking his own ship and leaving the hero to have to jump on floating piece of driftwood or fall into the black ocean and drown.

Advisory position - for me, please. My Pirate-Sorcerer will be the keeper of secret tomes and records of the kingdom.

I will finish mine tomorrow. My timing is kinda fucked, so I need to get some sleep. Almost done.

A little bump for this roleplay, also to let anyone know, the spot for the king is open and other roles aren't limited by the ones listed in the character sheet.

I am massively interested. Question though, are playable characters all humans?
They are not, though it seems most were in a previous life. As we do have 2 undead, one possessed machine like character, and a human maid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back