• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Reality Shift

thespacekid

children, children
The world has changed. There are no more energy wars. Human beings have transcended even themselves and evolved. Except the brain, all parts of your body are replaceable. Virtual Reality is indistinguishable from real life. The world has had many scientific advances in the past few years, especially in the fields of biotechnology, information technology, and clean energy. Robotics and nanotechnology have also had research done in their fields, but there, growth is slow.

Only the governments of the world and very few ultra-rich and important individuals have control over this mixed reality. Democracy is still in place. Things still change when the people want them to. There is an era of peace. Life is like normal, except, there is a layer of virtuality painted over it, aided by super fast 3D printing, and almost unlimited resources. The economy has shifted to be led by design, robotics and research.

Augmentations are everywhere. Citizens are implanted with Virtal Reality enabling microchips at birth, but these are removable. Body modifications have become quite extensive, from those doing it simply for medical reasons, to those who have enhancements done, from bone extensions, to skin regrafts, to katana forearms. In fact, there are even rumored to be a few people who have sacrificed all humanity to become essential brains in vats, at the cost of a completely virtual, almost invulnerable body.

The characters have somehow woken up in a reality different from theirs. There was always rumored to be a dark web of sorts, but this had never been known for certain. But somehow the characters have ended up there, in the shadowy underbelly of reality. The streets are filled with crime and violence, drugs and hedonism. Illegal clubs and bars spot this broken reality. There are so many questions? Who is responsible for this? Does the government know about this? Where is this? Most importantly, how can we get back?

A vision of the future, where everything is possible. Where anyone can do anything they want, be anyone they want, who is to say someone is right or wrong? Everyone has their motivations, and everyone is equal, but then what is justifiable and what is not? Who even are we if we are not human anymore? What is real anymore? In a world where information is everything, must privacy come at the cost of security?

This RP hopes to ask questions about where the future of the human race is going, deviating from the dark cyberpunk fantasy, heading through a post cyberpunk world in to a brighter, better transhuman future, where technology has not ruined man, but man himself has ruined humanity, and (hopefully) how it can be rediscovered.

I was thinking of keeping this a slightly stat based RP, with basic dice rolls (they won't interfere with normal rp much) so that some outcomes are random and it doesn't feel like i'm forcing the plot too much. It'll keep me on my toes also. Let me know if you have any other suggestions

Character sheet (WIP?)

Name:

Appearance: (Realistic)

Bio:

Quote: (Any one characteristic quote - optional)

Backstory: (Other than basic VR implant, mention all major implants)

Class:

Stats:

Physical:

Mental:

Combat:

Charisma:

This below section is completely WIP, let me know if it's a better idea to scrap it:

There are 3x attack slots (Weapons/implants), 3x tools/gadgets (lockpick, etc), and 3x attributes. 1x random roll for charisma. Players will get 5 points to distribute. Attack slots translate to the combat stat, tools to the physical stat, and attributes to the mental stat. Dice rolls + Stat = likelihood of action succeeding/failing.

If you have any questions or suggestions you are more than welcome to help me out(OUO)

e for existential crisis (OuO) will this be another evangelion? cuz I´m the kind of person that will never understand that show

Very well, I shall declare my interest. Never did a dice rp tho but i have always wanted to join one (:3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back