• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rank Overhaul

Protocol

So I tried to do this RP before and a lot of people seemed interested but the RP died out pretty quickly for several reasons. I would like to try again and this time I'm going to be a tad more selective about who joins. I put a lot of work and thought into this RP and I would like my group to work together to come up with a vague idea for the first arc before we jump right in. I only want players who are genuinely interested and are going to put some effort into this RP.

So here's the premise:

Rank takes place in a dystopian world where everyone wears a metal cuff with a digital number on it. The number is their ranking.

People's housing, food, education, etc. is based off their rank. Those with a better rank have better opportunities.

Cities are built in a circular pattern with five rings. The rings are labeled alphabetically, begining with the center ring and moving outward.

A: Houses the elite, those with a ranking of 1 to 100.

B: Houses the the upper class, those ranking between 101 and 3,500.

C: Upper middle class with ranks between 3,501 and 5,000.

D: Middle class with ranks between 5,000 and 30,000.

E: Lower class with ranks between 30,001 and 50,000.

Each city only holds 50,000 people. Anyone whose rank exceeds 50,000 is thrown into the Wastelands beyond the city. People can move between cities, but their rank will need to be re-evaluated upon entrance.

Once a year is the ranking, a week long event with tests and competitions to re-evaluate the population.

Children adopt their parent/guardian's rank until they are 12 years old and take the tests for the first time.

"The great thing about the ranking system is that anyone can work their way up to the higher tiers."
Rank 24 Politician.

What Rank Affects

• All businesses have the right to refuse anyone with an Rank # higher than the business owner's. For example the owner of a restaurant has a rank of 2,000 he can then say that he doesn't serve anyone with a number higher than 2,000

What Affects Rank

• For one week at the beginning of each year people can take tests to try an improve their rank. There are many types of tests. Some subjects are mathematics, stamina, culinary, etc.

What You Can Find in Each Ring

• Prestigious Universities (In certain cities)

Private Mansions

Privately Owned Luxury Cars

Other Info

• 1. No God Modeling

God Modeling is to make a character invincible. For example, in a fight never taking a hit. This can be remedied by letting a character take some hits, while dodging others.

2. No Autohit

Autohit is when one character hits other without given the other player a chance to retaliate. Ex: John twisted Bob's neck, killing him. Or John pulled Susan into a passionate kiss. Away to avoid this is to use the Attempt/Try rule instead. Ex: John pulled Susan close to kiss her passionately. John attempted to break Bob's neck. This way the intended action is clear, but depends on the other players response.

3. No One Liners

Please write at least a paragraph per post. 5+ sentences. Exceptions are okay occasionally, but please don't make it a habit to reply in one liners. Nobody want to take the effort to describe a scene and put a lot of detail and effort into it only to receive a line or two back.

4. No Mary Sues/Gary Stu

A Mary Sue is a seemingly perfect character who beyond all odds always saves the day and has zero flaws. In real life people have flaws and characters are much more interesting when they have some depth to them.

5. No Insta Love

Romance is not the point of this RP. If characters happen to click then great, but I don't want to see any love at first sight happening.

6. Post Often

Try to post at least once a day. If you aren't going to be available for awhile please notify me or mention it in the OOC.

7. No Metagaming

Metagaming is when a character uses out of character information that the character couldn't have know. For example one user posts and has their character hide in the barn. Another player can't simply have their character go straight to the barn to look for them. Please give IC reasons for a characters actions and don't use OOC information in the IC tab.

Ooh.. i saw this before! Sorry it died out, it looks like such a good idea! I'd love to be a part of this!

Noivian said:
Ooh.. i saw this before! Sorry it died out, it looks like such a good idea! I'd love to be a part of this!
Thank you ( :) ) I'm really hoping it works out this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back