• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Quick question: What does the Willpower option do to dice rolls?

DreamingofRoses

Rosa Indomitus
I used the Exalted roller for a Crucible based game because they have similar styles and accidentally checked the 'use willpower' option. I'm wondering if it affects the rolls at all, or just the successes.

DreamingofRoses said:
I used the Exalted roller for a Crucible based game because they have similar styles and accidentally checked the 'use willpower' option. I'm wondering if it affects the rolls at all, or just the successes.
It assumes you spent a will power point and added an automatic success.

In Exalted, characters can 'spend a temporary Willpower point' to garner an additional success, above and beyond what the dice would give. Used elsewhere, it would give an extra success.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]In Exalted, characters can 'spend a temporary Willpower point' to garner an additional success, above and beyond what the dice would give. Used elsewhere, it would give an extra success.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, got that. I just wanted to make sure these dice-rolls (Not the successes, the dice rolls themselves) were good

[dice]1016[/dice]

The only problem you have is that it appears to be counting the 11 and 12 as two successes (a result of a 10 in Exalted confers two successes), when in Crucible a natural roll of 12 causes the die to 'explode', allowing it to be rerolled.

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]The only problem you have is that it appears to be counting the 11 and 12 as two successes (a result of a 10 in Exalted confers two successes), when in Crucible a natural roll of 12 causes the die to 'explode', allowing it to be rerolled.
Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
That's cool. The actual successful rolls are the ones that've been colored in and the difficulty threshold is correct, so I'll roll with these.

Yeah. If you ignore the line that counts successes for you, which you have to anyway because Exalted doubles and Crucible explodes, then the Willpower option is irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back