• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Questquest

Elision of Ecritures Elision of Ecritures

"Please don't call me John, I'm the 4th John in my family, just call me Virgil. And don't worry: I'm a teacher, not a student. I didn't have you drink an alchemy class project of a potion."

"Oh thank Jesus, you scared me there. I thought for a second that..." You laugh a little, closing your mouth quickly as you let that thought pass as quickly as it came to you. Man he looks pretty young to be an actual teacher. "Anyway. Thanks, Virgil. I appreciate the help. And if you could keep me up to date on these attacks, I would appreciate it. I lost...sort of a friend last night."

You stand up, looking to find your shoes placed neatly together next to the front door of the apartment. You walk over to put them on. "I wish you the best of luck. For both our sakes."
Djinn N Tonic Djinn N Tonic

You stand still, looking down at Virgil as he looks over to you, curious as to wonder what your next move is as you look at him, confused and beleaguered. You pull back a strand of ginger red hair into its place behind your ear as you lean back against the door. "What do you think? I'm gonna...go take a shower? Eat breakfast? Process what I just witnessed? Hope for the best?" As you suggest these ideas to him you scratch the place where the black mark was on your shoulder just minutes earlier. Not because it actually itches, but simply because you remember it being there. "What else would I do?"

"I mean what are you going to do with your life now? Are you just going to sit on the sidelines while all of this happens? You have the power to stop this, just like everyone else." He stands. "We could always use some more help."

"Ha! Yeah, sure. If you need someone to clobber interdimensional void squid people with lamps, gimme a ring and I'll be on the scene. I don't know what world you live in, Virgil, but I'm sure it's one that's much more exciting than mine. I don't have psychic powers, bionic implants, a cursed magic tome lying around, ancient artifacts that give me superhuman capabilities, mutated genes...not a damn thing. I can't help you, because I'm just another normal person people like you protect. I'd be happy to run your PR campaign, snap some photos and get the crowds going." your voice is tinged with laughter as you deliver your response to him.

You slip your other shoe on carefully, pushing it on as you gather yourself in front of him.
"If I try doing anything like you do on a day to day basis, I'll just die. Even compared to most normal people, I don't even have any specialized combat training and I think I may have taken a zumba class once three years ago..."

"The only thing stopping you from doing something good is you. Just because you're normal, doesn't mean you have to become another faceless member of the crowd. Haven't you ever wanted to be a hero?"

"Of course I...I mean. Look," you scoff, trying to serious as you look down at your feet again. You look back up at Virgil, a look of pain painting your face for him to clearly see. "How would I be able to help? Like I said, the only thing I'm capable of doing is photography, and that's it. I'm not saying I wouldn't help, I'm saying that I couldn't. If you have something for me to do, then fine. But if I went up against something like what I saw, I would just die. That's why I ran away from that dog."

"But you can help, more than you could ever know. You don't need flashy powers or excessive training, you just need a hand, someone who can help you become the hero you were always meant to be."

You look at him with a brow raised in curiosity, but matching it is a small smile of levity and disbelief. "Be careful Virgil, you're starting to sound like Air Supply. Anyway, what do you mean, seriously?" He may sound a bit ridiculous, but you figure you can at least humor him for the sake of your curiosity.

You stand in front of him, your back against the door as you look over at his desk, watching the pan fry and stir all by itself. You hold up a hand. "You're being really vague right now, and I don't honestly feel great enough to drag myself out of my apartment after this let alone see a consultant. But I'll admit, you've earned my trust and saved my life. And even more than that, I want to believe you more than you know. Just, give me her number or address. I'll see her when I can ok?"

You take the card in your hands and nod at him. "Be seeing you, Virgil." You then proceed to stuff the card inside your pocket and walk over to your apartment across the hall. You would then also proceed to take one of the longest naps and showers in your life.

W1S1 - Hero Simplex.png

- The Future, But Not By Much -

You have just arrived at the offices of Hero-4-Hire NYC after making an appointment over the phone the previous day. The building is old and smells of warm asphalt.

"Oh, h-hi! My name is james Friedman, I'm here to see Olivian Pendergast." You greet the woman at the desk with a polite, half nervous smile and your signature small wave in the form of a half raised hand. Wow, you are not all that great at talking to people you don't know.

"Hi! Yeah, I'm he. I mean, yeah." You cough as to promptly finish your sentence. You slip inside her office, taking a seat at your earliest convenience and even fitting in a handshake if possible. "I was...er...Virgil, sent me here. I'm a neighbor and after a recent incident he told me to come here since I said I was interested in helping out....with, society."

"You're a freelance hero agency that deploys people to fight crime, protect the city and deal with evil forces right? I've seen the ads. Call a HE-ro for hire is you need some help!" You sing this, laughing nervously as you finish the jingle and give another awkward cough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back