Other question/small rant

Darkbloom

Storm King of Superheroes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET A DECENT 1X1 RP GOING? D: i've had a number of ideas recently and although they have started off pretty good, the other player stops posting. some reasons for this might be losing interest, not liking my writing style, or not liking short posts. possibly other reasons i can't think of. i don't like to put a minimum paragraph count on my games because i can't keep up with multiple paragraphs every single time. and the second part is i'm posting from my phone a lot so on the smaller screen it looks like i put up a long thing but it ends up being a lot less when you look at it on a computer screen. as far as i know, that's all for this rant.

All I can think of is to perhaps mention beforehand (either on your own partner search thread or when replying to someone else's) that you usually reply on a phone and so your replies might be rather short (generally / often / sometimes).

Personally, I do need at least a bit of depth to really get "into" the story, so I kinda get it, wanting a certain length for a reply. If that's not for you, it might just really be a compatibility issue, with the best way of avoiding this being what I suggested; that way everyone's in the loop right from the start.

Another suggestion would be to offer a writing sample, to rule out possible incompatibilities in writing style.

But, alas, people do tend to be flakey here, so it most likely isn't just a you-issue.

Hope this helps somewhat!

Cyfir had good ideas. And some of it is just that RPers can be flakey. Sometimes roleplays die (or never take off) for reasons that have nothing to do with either writer. I write more than a paragraph per post, but I also have a hard time finding partners, if that makes you feel any better.

So I agree with Cyfir: It's probably not an issue with you specifically. It takes a lot of proverbial frog kissing to find a good RP partner.

Clearly Define Your Expectations: Setting clear expectations from the outset is vital. Discuss factors like post length, posting frequency, and content rating. Do you prefer short and frequent posts or longer, more detailed ones? Are you comfortable with 'violent' content, or do you want to keep the roleplay more family-friendly?

Establish Boundaries and Consent: In any roleplay, it's essential to establish boundaries. Agree on a system for checking in with each other to make sure both parties are comfortable with the direction of the story. Even things like you writing in your character touches the other's arms, can bug some people. Some prefer you ask how their character would react before writing in anything like that.

Utilize Profile and Messaging Data: While you shouldn't judge someone solely based on statistics, it can be helpful to check their profile and messaging history to get a sense of their reliability and consistency. It's not about clout but about assessing their commitment to the hobby.

Consider Compatibility: Compatibility goes beyond posting frequency. Evaluate whether your roleplay styles and creative preferences align. Do you both prefer the same genres, settings, or character dynamics? Finding a compatible partner can significantly enhance the experience.

Test the Waters: For new partnerships, it's often a good idea to start with a shorter-term or one-off roleplay before committing to a long-term narrative. This way, you can assess whether you enjoy working together before investing extensive time and effort.

Keep It Fun: Remember that the primary goal of roleplay is to have fun and engage in creative storytelling. Don't take it too seriously, and try to enjoy the journey, even if it doesn't always lead to a long-term partnership.

By emphasizing these elements, you can enhance your roleplay experience and reduce the likelihood of negative encounters with partners who have ulterior motives or are incompatible with your preferences. Hope this helps someone out there. ^,..,^

Cyfir had good ideas. And some of it is just that RPers can be flakey. Sometimes roleplays die (or never take off) for reasons that have nothing to do with either writer. I write more than a paragraph per post, but I also have a hard time finding partners, if that makes you feel any better.

So I agree with Cyfir: It's probably not an issue with you specifically. It takes a lot of proverbial frog kissing to find a good RP partner.
RP's die, but unfortunately I've had it happen a lot more on this site than on any other site I've been on. don't know what it is about this site in particular that makes partners flaky.

The real issue is people not communicating why they felt like leaving or why they decided to do so.

If its because of you, you could fix it. If its because of them or something else, you can say goodbye and move on.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET A DECENT 1X1 RP GOING? D: i've had a number of ideas recently and although they have started off pretty good, the other player stops posting. some reasons for this might be losing interest, not liking my writing style, or not liking short posts. possibly other reasons i can't think of. i don't like to put a minimum paragraph count on my games because i can't keep up with multiple paragraphs every single time. and the second part is i'm posting from my phone a lot so on the smaller screen it looks like i put up a long thing but it ends up being a lot less when you look at it on a computer screen. as far as i know, that's all for this rant.
I'm always up for an rp if you'd like!! I try my best not to ghost (I'll warn you if I need to), and I tell you if I have an issue. 1x1's are difficult for me to find as well, so I totally understand.

I'm always up for an rp if you'd like!! I try my best not to ghost (I'll warn you if I need to), and I tell you if I have an issue. 1x1's are difficult for me to find as well, so I totally understand.
Thank you for your reply 😊 I have one idea that's really been nagging at me. I'll send more about it in a message.

Finding a great partner for a 1x1 is tough but totally worth the hunt! Also life gets messy and busy which is understandable, it can get rough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back