• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Proteus Effect - Detailed RP - Super powers Involved

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Not so sure I'd call an RP about superpowers realistic. But this RP is set in the modern era.

Link to the Overview

An unexpected meteor shower wreaks havoc around the planet "targeting" major cities. Soon a tiny fraction of the population is going to start exhibiting powers beyond reason. The RP begins in the NYC area as the US military moves in to assist in decontamination processes (radiation and alien biocontamination). Travel in and out of the area becomes heavily restricted. FEMA rolls in with food and temporary shelters. The radiation is very real. Approaching a crater is potentially lethal. (Besides the military already had units moving on those sites.)

In all this mayhem a scattered group of people are going to begin to re-discover themselves.

I will be looking for 7-10 members with strong writing skills. Once I have a decent sized groups I will select powers and PM them to the players separately. These powers will begin gradually with things like senses. In one case the character actually becomes "bulletproof" - as a side effect. (No, he isn't actually invulnerable.)

This is NOT designed as a superhero RP. Characters are not expected to go out and save the world. However, the government is going to take a keen interest in the threat such superpowered people may represent. Criminals may seek to enlist their services - by coercion if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still need at least 5 more completed CS's.

Need 3 females, 1 male ... and we can flip a coin on the other.

Good evening.

I'm interested. I understand that you'll choose our powers for us, and that's fine with me. Gives it an edge, to be honest.

Is there a preference to the length of our posts? I can typically write over 400 words with ease, and over a thousand would take a bit more time away from me.

Here's my latest post, if you wish to know the way I write. I'm not the best, but I'm trying to be.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/stars-of-sinnoh.105277/#post-2905896

As for the gender, I don't mind. I could be an intersex if you wanted. :/

Your post looked fine.

As for the sex, I am just aiming for a roughly 50/50 mix. I just don't want all guys or all girls. We have 3 guys 2 girls at the moment. Most are "kids" who have never had real responsibilities. My own character is 52 years old. Sharlene's character is mid 30's. We have serious skills Both of our characters are based on real people.

That is what I am looking for ... "real" people. The powers will change them. I mean a supermodel who suddenly turns into a Thing or Ghost Rider (that doesn't change back) is going to suffer life changes.... A fireman who suddenly gains ice powers with a weakness to fire is going to have to consider a new career.

I think I am going to have to destroy the homes of the other two players ... lol ... make them move into emergency shelters ... But that would be as a way of getting characters together. Maybe just heavy damage and utility outages (gas and water). Hmm ... the one who lives with parents is going to be a problem ... he's going to lose his family I suspect. ...

Hmm ... didn't really quite answer your question .. did I? Length? Less important than content. The post should either further the character development / story along ... or be something worth responding to. I typically do 2-3 pages in Chrome (bit zoomed in and font enlarged so I can read what I am typing. Eyes are going....). A lot of the quality depends on how much sleep I have had...

Holy crap, you're brutal...

I like it :D

I'm fine with anything, even killing off my own character.

I could go for like a five year old kid.

Or a woman politician.

Or a dirty male cop.

Though I honestly like the woman politician though. I'm assuming she'll be an adult. I don't know how young or old I want her. Probably 28-46 years, due to her profession.

Strong suggestion: do a character you can actually RP ... reasonably. I mean a 5 year old would be too restrictive. Dirty cop is fine. He won't get along with my character or Sharlene's. I doubt the other two characters would get along well with him. And a politician would likely have the same problem. Unless you want to RP alone ... I'd stay away from that sort of stuff.

I was thinking the past few minutes of what would be a a realistic and unrestrictive character, cause I have no clue what a dirty cop would be like. I honestly think I'd have an easier time being a druglord, after all the breaking bad marathons I've seen. ( / . \ )

How is this, it's slightly a bit stereotypical in regards to race, but...

A female asian immigrant who traveled to America, in order to find work or at least a job that would support her poverty stricken family back home. She finds a job at a nail salon, and so far has been working there for at least four months. She lives in the less grand side of the Bronx, in a small, old studio apartment.

That works.

I am thinking of forcing characters out of their homes by virtue of force evacuations - radiation, biological ... as well as gas and power outages. Maybe killing off the families and friends of those living nearby with radiation sickness. (Oddly the player characters don't seem to have been exposed so badly.)

Sharlene and I will probably have our characters end up as drivers shuttling in freight for FEMA.

Just curious, what does FEMA stand for? I've read the overview, but I could not find the meaning of the acronym. Or is it something that I am supposed to learn...?

FEMA is the Federal Emergency Management Agency. They're a US Government agency that responds to natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, or tornados.

This looks interesting. I'll be filling out a character sheet soon.

Sorry about that long absense, I don't think I'll be to apply for a detailed rp for quite a while. I apologize for wasting your time, but I have inherited a thread which the GM was just about to let it die.

I'm so sorry, but perhaps next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back