• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Promises to Keep

Diran the Thief

Future manga artist
In a dimly lit room with stone walls, a teenage boy, sitting on his bed, legs crossed. His long brown hair, covering his orange eyes, he was gazing upon something, a picture. It was a 5 year-old him and a girl. The girl was pulling on his cheek and he was pulling her hair up looking like she had messy hair with big smiles. He had this somewhat sad look on his face looking at it. He heard a knock on his door, wiped his eyes a bit, put the photos in his robe pocket and opened the door. Behind the door was an adult woman with long crimson red hair to her hips, and bright green eyes. She had a long black coat with fur around the hood and black pants. “Diran? May I come in?” She asked. Diran nodded and walked back to his bed. The woman walked in, closed the door and sat on the bed in front of him. She looked at the bed and saw a few black spots on it. Then she looked at Diran with a concerned face. “Were you looking at the photo again?” She asked. Diran stayed quiet and didn’t look at her. “Hey, answer your mother.” She said slightly raising her tone.

Diran looked at her with his eyes narrowed. He sighed. “Fine. I was looking at the photo... again.” Diran said. “I just... miss her.”

Diran’s mother put her hand on his shoulder. “Listen, you know why she was taken away. Her magic was uncontrollable. She killed all those people.”

“But she didn’t mean to kill them. It wasn’t her fault.” Diran said.

“It was: take her away or more people die.” Diran’s mother explained.

“I know that... I just want to see her again... we haven’t seen each other for 11 years. She doesn’t deserve this.”

“I know how you feel, Diran but she had to be. And even if you try to free her you’ll have the whole world after you two.” Diran’s mother explained again.

Diran looked at her. “Remember who I am, Mother. I practically already have the entire world after my head.”

Diran’s mother sighed. “Do you really wish to save her?” She asked.

Diran nodded. “Yes. And I plan to really soon.” He said with a determined tone. Diran’s mother stood up, did a motion with her hand telling him to come with her. Diran stood up and followed her. She brought him to her office. Diran’s mother sat on her desk which had a small candle on it and a file. She handed him the file which had in formation on the girl he wanted to save. Diran was surprised to see this. “Where did you get this?” Diran asked.

Diran’s mother smirked. “Well, I am the leader this guild for a reason, Diran.” She said in a confident tone. Diran opened the file and saw all the information about the girl. From the description, it’s like he never even knew her. He looked at the name to make sure it was her. The name, birthday, description, it was all there. It was definitely her. “Do you know where she’s being held?” Diran asked. Diran’s mother nodded and held her head up with her hand. “It says it belongs to the Dragonwealth cities’ criminal records. But this is just a vague description. She’s not in their prison.” Diran’s mother said.

Diran nodded about the part about the fact she isn’t in some prison. “Yeah. If I had to do something like that I’d put her somewhere where she can’t do any kind of harm.”

“That’s just it, there’s a rumour that the church of the gods have this secret room where they hold mythical animals and dangerous creatures. My guess, she might be in there. The cages or cells, depending on the size of the creature, are made with this unknown kind of metal that nullifies magic. They could be using that to their advantage to keep her in there.” Diran’s mother explained.

“But how do you know all this?” Diran asked.

Diran’s mother looked at him with a face of concern. “I knew that one day you would go out there and save her.” She walked to him and hugged him. “I just wanted you to come back alive. You’re all I have left as far as family goes. And if I lose you...I lose my reason to live any longer.” Diran was... shocked to hear her say that. Diran was her only family she had left. He never realized but now that he thought about it, it was the same thing with him. He looked at his mother and had a faint smile. “Don’t worry, Mother. I will come back, I promise.” He said. Diran’s mother smiled and kissed his cheek. “I believe in you.” Diran nodded, turned and starting running. “Now go and save my future daughter in law!” She said with a voice of confidence. Diran stopped and turned around. “What?” He asked. Diran’s mother blushed. “I-I said go! GO!” She said with a raised voice. Diran turned again and ran outside the underground hideout. When he stood outside his steps made crunching sounds on the snow. He looked in the distance seeing the city, Dragonwealth. “Here we go.” He said. Then he sprinted at full speed. Ready to save his friend.

Plot explanation: You will be taking the roll of the girl that Diran is trying to save. Here’s a bit of a description of things your character will have. Uncontrollable magic(of any kind of magic you wish), memory of all those people she killed as a kid, not being able to remember what the outside world was like and not remembering who Diran is. (Adds some drama to it) So now the restrictions of your character... no restrictions. It’s your character, describe her the way you want and she can be what you want. She could be a total badass with big, glorious bo- uhh... eyes... yeah eyes. Or... you get the picture. Sound cool to you? Alright if you’re interested we can RP here or private message, your call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back