• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Promethean Time Travelers (playing diplomat between cultures)

NosalisBait

Gummy bears are made from bones
Humanity is is thriving. In the course of a few million years we have grown from the humble beginnings of Earth to the infinite stars. We have discovered technology our ancestors could have never dreamed of. In almost arrgoant security we live. We fear neither war nor plague. Our species has reconstructed itself to be disease resistant, immune to the cold embrace of the vacuum of space, and highly efficient. Multicolored plates of super resistant chitin grow from our bodies, a tube of skin recycles our air, our elongated toes allow us to grip any surface, and multiple lenses in our eyes allow us to see different spectrums. We are an affluent society. A safe society. But we want insurance. That's why we are sending you and four others with a fabricator to restart our empire in the future. So far into the future every star and planet in the galaxy will be long gone and replaced with a fresh batch made from the nebulae created by our own stars. Here you will continue our legacy.

But it doesn't work out. Instead of sending you to the future is sends you to our past. To the plains of Africa, where the first homo sapiens have just begun to walk. You are stranded with only yourselves and a data-wiped fabricator. None of you know how to make tools and you must rely on the natives to survive. They see you as gods. Of course your 5000 year lifespan far surpasses theirs. Will you live to see civilization rise?

Originally this was an idea for a novel, but I decided it would be much more fun to do it as a roleplay! I might write it down still, this way it goes a bit more organically. I haven't decided if I just want to keep it Casual or go Detailed. I actually haven't done a Detailed RP before. I guess it depends on who's interested. Any additions to the idea would be greatly appreciated, as well as any questions about details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back